Musical Discussion Page

What was once the Hamilton Discussion Page has now become the Musical Discussion Page! 🎉
Feel free to chat about all your favorite musicals here. (And perhaps convert a few people to theater nerds as well! 😉 ) Enjoy!

5,901 Replies to “Musical Discussion Page”

1. Avatar
    Tygerpaw
    March 18, 2019 at 8:40 pm

I WORSHIP HAMILTON!!!!!!!!! Always…

2. Avatar
    Tygerpaw
    March 18, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Rest in decayed remains hamy….

3. Avatar
    Birchy
    March 18, 2019 at 10:03 pm

has anyone listened to the west end heathers cast recording? i haven’t listened to all of it, but i absolutely l o v e “I Say No”, which they added for this version 😀

(oh also meant to be yours is t e r r i f y i n g in this version omg)

March 19, 2019 at 12:53 am

no i haven’t heard it or even heathers ever 😛

oh neptune

Birchy
        March 19, 2019 at 1:41 am

that’s ok! 😛 it’s based on an 80s movie of the same name and it’s pretty good! but also very dark… 😛

Shivy
      March 20, 2019 at 5:31 pm

yes! Unfortunately I couldn’t go to see it when it was in the West End as the tickets were so expensive but I love the cast recoding!! Carrie has such a nice voice ooooooo and i say no is sooooo good ahah

Birchy
        March 20, 2019 at 9:03 pm

i know right?? i’ve been listening to it on repeaaat aaaa she’s a m a z i n g

if it comes back i really hope you can see it then!! <3

4. Avatar
    Birchy
    March 18, 2019 at 10:06 pm

also!! since we did the sound of music this year for our school musical, i now absolutely love it!!!!

i’ve been listening to a lot of the songs recently and i also watched the movie for the first time in years and i have tickets to see it when it comes to my city!! (its only here for like 4 days during exam season so i was really worried i wouldnt be able to see it oof)

5. Avatar
    March 19, 2019 at 3:56 pm

So yay for finally listening to heathers 😛

one touch and i ignite 🔥

Birchy
      March 19, 2019 at 9:55 pm

how’d you like it? 😛

March 20, 2019 at 2:49 am

Honestly? I’m only at Seventeen, but I might end it there. I love Beautiful and Candy Store, but then I kinda starting losing it. Those two songs are currently two of my favorite songs, but ironically I’m not such a big fan of the rest of the musical. What do you think? Is the second half good? Also my friends warned me about how, um, not kid appropriate it is 😛 But I still didn’t expect how literally so many people dieeeeeee 😛

one touch and i ignite 🔥

Birchy
          March 20, 2019 at 3:53 pm

i agree to be honest. I like the second half but not as much as the first half 😛 I would say though that Meant to be Yours is the exception – it’s reeaaally good but also really terrifying 😛

But yeah Candy Store and Freeze Your Brain are my favourite songs, and I don’t care as much for the later songs rip

(also yeaah first time I listened to heathers i was,,,concerned and surprised 😛 )

Cheetahspark
            March 20, 2019 at 11:55 pm

MEANT TO BE YOURS IS AMAZING AHHHH

sorry 😛

*inspiring song lyrics*

Birchy
              March 21, 2019 at 1:05 am

doNT apOLOGIZE YOURE RIGHT ITS SO GOOD

March 19, 2019 at 10:16 pm

cool 😀

oh neptune

6. Avatar
    Beepaw(Blazepaw)(Jaypaw)
    March 19, 2019 at 10:59 pm

Anyone ever heard It Took Me By Surprise???
    If so have ya ever watched the BMC animatic for that video??? SO GOOOOD

7. Avatar
    Birchy
    March 21, 2019 at 10:24 pm

hellooo i have a question for everyone!

if you were to describe yourself with 3 (or any number idk i picked three) different broadway characters who’d they be? and why? 😀

March 21, 2019 at 10:37 pm

don’t know to be honest 😛

oh neptune

Cheetahspark
      March 22, 2019 at 2:43 am

Alana Beck, Christine Canigula, and maybe Jason from Falsettos?

Alana because I’m a scholastic overachiever and try to do things that matter, Christine because I love play rehearsal ( 😉 ) and I don’t really care about popularity, and Jason because I, too, hate my parents and find my mental health to be spiraling 😛

*inspiring song lyrics*

March 22, 2019 at 6:26 am

Idk that’s hard 😛 And I only really know like three musicals, so…

one touch and i ignite 🔥

Birchy
        March 22, 2019 at 4:15 pm

i know right? i thought of the question randomly and then spent a long time trying to come up with answers for me oof

i still don’t know 😛

8. Avatar
    Cheetahspark
    March 22, 2019 at 2:47 am

ok I had very low standards for riverdale heathers but this was just… awful…

the autotune somehow made it worse???

to be fair seventeen (not the reprise) was actually pretty sweet and not terrible, so there’s that

*inspiring song lyrics*

March 22, 2019 at 12:24 pm

rest in spaghetti never forgetti 😛

oh neptune

March 22, 2019 at 3:54 pm

I agree the amount of auto tune was… like, seriously? It sucked 😛

one touch and i ignite 🔥

Birchy
      March 22, 2019 at 4:14 pm

oof that’s unfortunate :((

maybe though people who didn’t know the musical before will listen to it now? idk 😛 oh well

That's right it's shivy
      March 22, 2019 at 5:56 pm

I’ve clips of the songs and yup it’s awful….like they made candy store PG with no harmonies????? no
      just no