Musical Discussion Page

What was once the Hamilton Discussion Page has now become the Musical Discussion Page! ๐ŸŽ‰
Feel free to chat about all your favorite musicals here. (And perhaps convert a few people to theater nerds as well! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) Enjoy!

Similar Posts:

4,757 Replies to “Musical Discussion Page”

1. Santa's Brownie Tray (Browniewitch)
    December 9, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Just found out this is changed to Musical Discussion page?!

(I want to see Hamilton. I haven’t but I want to)

It feels good to back. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Willow that Carries the Banner (Willowpaw)
    December 9, 2017 at 11:04 pm

YES THANK YOU THANK YOU I CAN DISCUSS NEWSIES SOMEWHERE THANK YOU

3. December 11, 2017 at 11:06 pm

During tutorial and snack today I was in the choir room to rehearse for musical theater night. Itโ€™s an event for multiple schools and organizations. Weโ€™re doing Facade from Jekell and Hyde. ๐Ÿ™‚

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

Sundance
      December 14, 2017 at 2:39 am

Nice! I love Jekyll and Hyde; Anthony Warlow has such a great voice. ๐Ÿ˜€ Though I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard that song! My favorites are Confrontation, Alive, Transformation, and It’s A Dangerous Game.

4. Blue Isn't Signed in Oops :P
    December 12, 2017 at 2:07 am

Once Upon a Time Musical Episode anyone? ๐Ÿ˜›

5. Dewpaw
    December 13, 2017 at 1:39 am

My sister and I were listening to Hamilton and Guns and Ships came on and she just looked up from her drawing and said: “Lafayette is lit.”
    I have never been prouder ๐Ÿ˜›

• Snowpaw(shadow)
      December 13, 2017 at 6:36 pm

๐Ÿ˜‚
      She is amazing

• December 13, 2017 at 11:07 pm

HEY LAFAYETTE IS IN LIBERTY’S KIDS!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

ReginaXRobin Forever

• Duskpaw
        December 13, 2017 at 11:58 pm

LOL YES LIBERTY’S KIDS OMG I LOVE WATCHING THAT IN HISTORY CLASS ๐Ÿ˜›

• December 14, 2017 at 2:23 am

I THINK I HAVE A SLIGHT CRUSH ON GEORGE WASHINGTON ๐Ÿ˜›

ReginaXRobin Forever

• Bright Star at the Top of the Christmas Tree (Brightpaw)
          December 14, 2017 at 2:32 am

My dad’s a history teacher so my sisters and I would watch it for fun. We loved Moses…

• December 14, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Ah yes Moses is awesome!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

ReginaXRobin Forever

• Duskpaw
      December 13, 2017 at 11:57 pm

:’) Lafayette is very lit. So is your sister. ๐Ÿ˜‰
      My friends wrote on the English class whiteboard, “”tis I, the Frenchiest fry” (and it’s still up there ๐Ÿ˜› ). I was very proud ๐Ÿ˜›

• A Snowy Owl Ornament On A Tiny Christmas Tree (Owlfeather)
      December 15, 2017 at 4:17 am

HA! I love that song!

Hamilton+Warriors=AWESOMENESS!

6. December 14, 2017 at 12:51 am

quick someone brief me on the female characters of Little Shop of Horrors auditions are tomorrow

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

Jay Frost Nipping at Your Nose
      December 14, 2017 at 2:13 am

Audrey – Sweet, somewhat quirky and shy, woman who works for Mushnik along with Seymour, and is as poor as everyone else who lives on Skid Row. A very genuinely kind and caring person. In the film, she talks in a squeaky, high-pitched voice, but I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s usual for all performances of this character. Has a big dopey crush on Seymour because heโ€™s such a genuinely nice person, but is currently in an abusive relationship with a dentist named Orin. Sheโ€™s beautiful to Seymour, but has a lot of self-confidence issues, and believes she isnโ€™t worth more than the abuse Orin heaps of her. Secretly, she dreams of a place, a nice little suburban neighborhood, where she could raise a family with someone nice like Seymour and finally be happy.

Crystal, Ronette, and Chiffon (they sometimes have different names in different productions, and sometimes thereโ€™s more than three of them) – The narrators of the play, they sometimes dip into the story, but mostly just sing about whatโ€™s going on. Ever read Oedipus, or any Greek play? These three are based upon the idea from Ancient Greek theater traditions known as the chorus, the characters that comment upon whatโ€™s going on in the story and watch the tragedy unfold, contextualizing it for the audience. Anyway, theyโ€™re a bit brash and sarcastic and spunky and confident at times, when they do interact with the characters (mostly Mushnik and Audrey). Theyโ€™re not really defined characters though.

Thatโ€™s really it in terms of main female characters. Thereโ€™s a few background characters that are women (a woman who walk into the shop to look at Audrey II in the beginning, the woman who wants to write a news article about Seymour and his plant). Depending on how many guys sign up, though, thereโ€™s always the chance of snagging one of the male roles. Also, while Audrey II tends to be played by men, it is a giant man-eating plant monster alien thing, and is never mentioned within the play to even have a concept of gender, so it really could be played by anyone, and Iโ€™ve heard of it being played by both men and women. And as Twoey is also a main character, hereโ€™s another synopsis.

Audrey II, aka Twoey – Street-smart, smooth-talking, fast-talking, somewhat hammy, and definitely malicious and devious, Audrey II is a giant man-eating plant that Seymour raises under the belief that its strange appearance will attract more customers to the flower shop he works at. When Twoey finally reveals to Seymour that it can talk, itโ€™s quick to charm him into giving it human blood to feed on by promising him all of the material wealth, respect from others, and love that heโ€™d always been lacking. Iโ€™m not really thinking of the right way to describe Twoey, but honestly this is the role I wanted to play the most when I was in Little Shop for a summer camp years ago (but I only got a minor role or two) because it seemed like the hammiest and most fun role to play, and it has the best songs. ๐Ÿ˜€ To get a better idea of Twoeyโ€™s demeanor, check out its first song, Feed Me: https://youtu.be/L7SkrYF8lCU

I hope that was helpful. I love Little Shop, and I hope you have fun performing in it. ๐Ÿ˜€

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• December 14, 2017 at 2:23 am

thanks! ooh, I’d like to be a narrator but idk if we’re doing that ๐Ÿ˜›

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

Jay Frost Nipping at Your Nose
          December 14, 2017 at 2:26 am

They have multiple songs and are in several scenes, so I feel like cutting them from the play would be fairly difficult, not to mention they sing the closing song that sums up the whole play. If Iโ€™m remembering right, our production had five narrators, to give more people stuff to do. Or maybe Iโ€™m thinking of the time I was in Into the Woods and we had multiple narrators. But who knows? And no problem. ^^

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

7. Bright Star at the Top of the Christmas Tree (Brightpaw)
    December 14, 2017 at 2:30 am

On my teacher’s whiteboard, it says “What did I miss?” and the folder for if you missed class is beneath it, and every time I’m in her class I start singing the Hamilton song “What did I miss”.

• Oakwhisker_FTW
      December 15, 2017 at 6:24 pm

that makes me so proud

8. Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
    December 14, 2017 at 6:09 am

I love High School Musical XD (it’s a movie but still!!!!)

RoF came out on my birthday ๐ŸŽ‰

9. Shivering Fox in Snowy Meadow (idk what this name is I made it up on the spot)
    December 14, 2017 at 8:33 pm

A Dear Evan Hansen Virtual choir thing came out and it’s amazing ๐Ÿ˜€ Watchhh it ๐Ÿ˜›

• Oakwhisker_FTW
      December 15, 2017 at 6:25 pm

i was in that :3

• Darkpaw(Ivy)
        December 18, 2017 at 4:58 am

GASP REALLYYYYY

10. December 15, 2017 at 2:27 am

So I’m trying to start getting into more musicals… any songs from musicals or just musicals in general you recommend listening to? and yes I know you will probably say Hamilton

Icy Claws (Iceflower)
      December 15, 2017 at 3:32 am

Okay, here we go. ๐Ÿ˜›

Hairspray – my personal favourite. Totally clean with the exception of a few minor curses. My favourite songs are You Can’t Stop the Beat, The Legend of Miss Baltimore Crabs, The Nicest Kids in Town, and. . . . okay, well, all of them. ๐Ÿ˜›

Little Shop of Horrors – A little dark, not sure about how many curses there are, but it’s mostly clean as well. Dentist, Skid Row, and Somewhere That’s Green are good, but so are the rest of them.

Grease – Maybe a little more mature than the other two, and not quite as catchy as Hairspray, in my opinion, but still good. Beauty School Dropout is a good song, and Summer Nights is one of my favourites.

RENT – I’ve only listened to one song, Seasons of Love, but it’s really good. Not sure about the rest of the soundtrack, but Seasons of Love is really good and clean. ๐Ÿ™‚

โ„ Icy - BlogTeam Moderator โ„

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
        December 15, 2017 at 4:41 pm

I love RENT ๐Ÿ˜€

• December 15, 2017 at 3:38 am

I will say Hamilton ๐Ÿ˜› it’s fantastic, informational, interesting, emotional, funny, and action-packed with fantastic music. Also Dear Evan Hansen, Hairspray, High School Musical, Bye Bye Birdie, Little Shop of Horrors (totally not sliding the last three in there because I’ve done them ๐Ÿ˜› ) Cats (I’ve never listened to or seen this one but it’s all about cats it should be good ๐Ÿ˜› ), Wicked, and Rent. Some of them have curse words and mature themes so be careful ^^

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• December 15, 2017 at 3:36 pm

The Once Upon a Time Musical Episode is really good ๐Ÿ˜› The song Love Doesn’t Stand a Chance is my favorite, but towards the end she says a really bad word ๐Ÿ˜› I also really like Revenge is Gonna be Mine. It’s got a few minor bad words. Wicked Always Wins is really pretty, but my mom started torturing me with it because I hate Zelena ๐Ÿ˜› Emma’s Theme and A Happy Beginning are some one my favorites as well! ๐Ÿ˜€

The one musical I remember everything about haha

ReginaXRobin Forever

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
      December 15, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Gotta recommend the entirety of Into the Woods, but especially “Stay With Me”, “Agony”, and “I Know Things Now”.
      All of Les Mis.
      All of Phantom of the Opera.
      Depending on how sqeamish you are, I’d recommend Sweeney Todd- just know that the movie is R-rated and very violent.

Icy Claws (Iceflower)
        December 15, 2017 at 4:35 pm

How could I forget Into the Woods? Shame on me. ๐Ÿ˜›

โ„ Icy - BlogTeam Moderator โ„

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
      December 15, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Come From Away, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, Wicked, Heathers, Hamilton, In the Heights, Cinderella, Legally Blonde, Great Comet, and Guys and Dolls

• Shivering Fox in Snowy Meadow (idk what this name is I made it up on the spot)
      December 15, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Hamilton of course is amazing (my fav songs from Ham are probably Non-stop, Burn, Take a Break, Wait for it, The Battle of Yorktown, Guns and Ships and One Last Time) ๐Ÿ˜›
      I also love Heathers, Dear Evan Hansen, Be More Chill and In The Heights (from these my fav songs are Freeze Your Brain, Beautiful, Seventeen, Candy Store, Good for You, Waving through a Window, For Forever, Micheal in the Bathroom, Voices in my Head and Breathe)
      They all have swearing I think, and I think Be More Chill and Heathers are probably aimed at an older audience ๐Ÿ˜›