3,904 Replies to “Harry Potter Discussion Page”

1. Butterflyflower
    October 21, 2017 at 5:18 pm

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/181360646/ That song is just so fitting for Draco ๐Ÿ˜›

2. Snow that Falls on Halloween(Snowpaw/Snowcloud)
    October 22, 2017 at 4:47 am

Have you ever wonder why Harry’s mom BEGGED Voldemort not to kill Harry, but not just fight to death?
    Seems strange to me, begged your enemy not to kill your son.

• October 23, 2017 at 4:36 am

I don’t get it why is that strange???

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• Fawkes Tail's Evil Twin
      October 23, 2017 at 5:21 am

I think if she fought back or not she would have died. But she died sacrificing her life for Harry either way because she loved him too much for him to die which therefore made Voldemort unable to kill him.

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightpaw/berry)
      October 23, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Lily didn’t have her wand with her, so she probably knew that she was going to die. She begged Voldemort not to kill Harry because she valued his life more than her own.

• Snow that Falls on Halloween(Snowpaw/Snowcloud)
        October 23, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Well…… Yeah, Lily’s Mother Love Power!!!!!!!!

• Butterflyflower
          October 23, 2017 at 8:51 pm

It’s the same thing with Narcissa! She lied to Voldemort so she could leave to find Draco! =^^=

• October 24, 2017 at 11:29 pm

I don’t get why she didn’t try to Disapparate with Harry once she saw Voldemort.

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
        October 26, 2017 at 2:45 pm

I think you need your wand on you to disapparate. I think. I could be wrong.

3. Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
    October 23, 2017 at 12:59 am

i really want to rewatch prisoner of azkaban

Embertsar (Emberdawn)
      October 23, 2017 at 1:28 am

what about order of the phoenix? ;o

Writer, photographer, mod

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
        October 23, 2017 at 2:14 am

why would u say that to me

Embertsar (Emberdawn)
          October 23, 2017 at 7:00 pm

beecawse I luv u <3

Writer, photographer, mod

• Drift of Blood Red Maple Leaf (Maplepaw/drift)
            October 23, 2017 at 7:12 pm

I hate Order of the Phoenix I am very sorry Embix
            Sirius Black is killed and Bellatrix becomes my least favourite character because of it.
            I love the Prisoner of Azkaban

Embertsar (Emberdawn)
              October 23, 2017 at 7:19 pm

I was just joking with Birchy ๐Ÿ˜› Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, and I can totally get behind that! Personally, Chamber of Secrets is my favourite ๐Ÿ˜€

Writer, photographer, mod

• Drift of Blood Red Maple Leaf (Maplepaw/drift)
                October 23, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Yeah sorry I have a grudge against the order of the Phoenix ๐Ÿ˜œ
                One of my friends said that Bellatrix was her favourite character the other day
                I gave her alecture on all the bad things Bellatrix had done

Embertsar (Emberdawn)
                  October 23, 2017 at 8:29 pm

ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

Writer, photographer, mod

• Poor Un-foxie-nate Soul
                  October 24, 2017 at 12:50 am

I like it because it’s the book Luna is introduced ๐Ÿ˜› XD

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightpaw/berry)
                  October 24, 2017 at 12:15 pm

You can like a character without approving of what they do. Case in point: Hawkfrost. He’s a terrible person (er, cat) but he’s fascinating enough that I really like him as a villain. For me it’s the same deal with Bellatrix. She’s a terrible person and deserves everything she has coming to her, but I really like her as a character.

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
                  October 24, 2017 at 1:49 pm

You can like a character while still acknowledging that they’re a bad person. I feel that way about Bellatrix, and many people feel that way about Mapleshade.

• Drift of Blood Red Maple Leaf (Maplepaw/drift)
                  October 24, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Yeah it is just Sirius Black is my favourite character ever and it made me cry when she killed him and I never cry in any books or films

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
                  October 24, 2017 at 11:12 pm

(sirius is also my favourite character ever high five)

It’s okay to like Bellatrix as a villain because she’s interesting or well written, while acknowledging that she’s a bad person. The reason I don’t like her is because she killed my favourite character, but she is an interesting villain ๐Ÿ™‚

• Poor Un-foxie-nate Soul
                  October 25, 2017 at 12:03 am

Idk why but I always cry when Cedric Diggory dies ๐Ÿ˜ญ And he was a Hufflepuff (me is in that house)! I was so happy that at least one Hufflepuff person had a big role kinda. Hufflepuff needs more important people (besides Newt Scamander and Nymphadora. There are so few!)

*gasps* (I already knew this before but..) MIDNIGHT IS OUR MASCOT XD ๐Ÿ˜› (why is there no badger emoji…..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›โ˜น๏ธ)

• Drift of Blood Red Maple Leaf (Maplepaw/drift)
                  October 25, 2017 at 7:41 pm

This is getting more heated than I intended

Brightberry I like the writing of Bellatrix, she is well devolped and I do like how she is written but she made me cry and I never cry so I can never forgive her for that

But I am going to leave because this conversation is turning into an argument
                  And I just realised how childish that sounded
                  I will go now

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
              October 24, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Emb was joking with me ๐Ÿ˜€

She knows Sirius is my favourite and OOTP is my least favourite ๐Ÿ˜›

• Drift of Blood Red Maple Leaf (Maplepaw/drift)
                October 25, 2017 at 7:38 pm

We are twins
                I love Sirius and really donโ€™t like Order of the Phoenix though I do love Luna

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
                  October 26, 2017 at 2:47 am

oooh yes Luna’s great too

• Poor Un-foxie-nate Soul
                  October 26, 2017 at 5:13 am

Yaas love her!!

• go back to sleep rainy
        October 23, 2017 at 9:21 pm

bad Embix
        very bad

Embertsar (Emberdawn)
          October 23, 2017 at 9:54 pm

good Embix
          very good

Writer, photographer, mod

• lazy rainy hasn't signed in
            October 24, 2017 at 1:16 am

:((((((((((((((

Embertsar (Emberdawn)
              October 24, 2017 at 6:24 pm

:)))))))))))))))))

Writer, photographer, mod

• Sparktooth
                October 25, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Hahaha, this was really funny to read. I’m with you Embix, I love OOTP.

But…Sirius is one of my favorite characters ๐Ÿ˜›

Never. Stop. Creating.

Embertsar (Emberdawn)
                  October 26, 2017 at 2:39 am

ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

Writer, photographer, mod

• Butterflyflower
      October 23, 2017 at 2:17 am

I love all the scenes in it with Draco Malfoy ๐Ÿ˜› (Mostly the one with Buckbeak and the one with the invisibility cloak ๐Ÿ˜›)

4. Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightpaw/berry)
    October 24, 2017 at 12:16 am

I had an idea for a joke-fic and I need to know if it’s as funny as I think it is.
    Basically, Snape spies on the Death Eaters- only to find out that the all the other Death Eaters are also spies. If you’ve ever heard the phrase ” a wolf in sheep’s clothing”, this is an entire flock of wolves, all desperately trying to pretend that they’re sheep.

5. October 27, 2017 at 7:23 pm

I just decided to delete my Pottermore account so that I could do all the quizzes again, just for fun ๐Ÿ™‚ Now I’ve merged my results with my last results to get my favourite bits from each, so here they are:

-Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff

-Patronus: Bat (it was a marsh harrier (falcon) mixed with a shrew, so this is what I got ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

-Wand: Cedar wood with a unicorn hair core, 12 ยผโ€ length and reasonably supple flexibility

-Ilvermorny House: Thunderbird

The only bits that I kept from my first results was the marsh harrier part of the bat, and 12 1/4″ length wand. But what was really interesting was that I got a unicorn core and Thunderbird house both times, which I guess shows that I’m definitely a faithful adventurer ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜›

Be you, everyone else is taken

6. Butterflyflower
    October 28, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Has anyone seen ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’? (I know it’s also a book) I recently watched it! I think Newt is better than Harry ๐Ÿ˜› (Newt is actually a lot like Luna)

• October 28, 2017 at 3:41 pm

I have, and it’s fantastic! I can’t wait for the next one!

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• October 28, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Yes! I love Newt! He’s so…awkward and shy and amazing ๐Ÿ˜€ Definitely better than Harry, but then Harry is only a boy to be fair ๐Ÿ™‚

Be you, everyone else is taken

• โšก๏ธFoxtail who is Pikachu for Halloweenโšก๏ธ
        October 28, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Yaas!!!!!! My Hufflepuff fellow friend!! I love him!! XD ๐Ÿ˜€

• The insanely spooky Shivy
      October 28, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Yup Newt is wayyyy better than Harry ๐Ÿ˜€

• October 28, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Yes! Newt is awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ PRIDE ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

• All Hallow's Breeze (Breeze that Glides Through Summer)
      October 28, 2017 at 11:21 pm

Yep, I watched it over the summer! ๐Ÿ˜€ I really liked Newt as well! ๐Ÿ˜›

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
      October 29, 2017 at 12:04 am

Yep! I saw it a couple days after it came out ๐Ÿ™‚

• Bluefire/Spookfire the Candy Corn Ghost/Fire that Spooks Kits on Halloween
      October 30, 2017 at 12:25 am

Y E S Y E S I L O V E T H A T M O V I E

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
      October 30, 2017 at 10:04 pm

I strongly relate to Newt, being socially awkward myself and preferring the company of animals to people. I like to think that Newt, like me, falls somewhere on the autism spectrum.

• October 30, 2017 at 10:57 pm

Really?! Omg that’s fantastic! I have autism too! Maybe that’s why I identify so much with him! ๐Ÿ˜€

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• Sparktooth
        October 30, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Same reasons why I liked Newt, too! That’s also one of the reasons I loved Hagrid, because he always had so many animals and preferred their company.

Never. Stop. Creating.

• Witch's Poisoned Brownies (Browniewitch)
      October 30, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Newt is amazing!

It feels good to back. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sparktooth
      October 30, 2017 at 11:24 pm

It’s a great movie! Although, in my opinion, nothing will ever beat the Harry Potter movies (Specifically Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. My fav movie XD). When I first heard about the Fantastic Beasts movie, I wasn’t very excited because I didn’t know how they could make a movie off of that book. But when I went to see it I loved it!

Never. Stop. Creating.

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
        October 31, 2017 at 1:18 am

(PoA is my favourite out of the movies too!)

• Mossy pawmkin
      October 31, 2017 at 12:00 am

Yeeeessssss

• Spirit that floats around the room (Snakespirit)
      October 31, 2017 at 3:47 am

Luna is Newt’s granddaughter in law

• Mossball the turkey
      November 14, 2017 at 12:12 am

ITS AWESOMEEEEE

Luna is actually a descendant of newt

7. Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
    October 31, 2017 at 2:18 pm

So I have a really odd ship that I got into from reading a really good HP fanfiction…

• Bellatrix/Brightberry/King George III
      November 1, 2017 at 5:32 pm

But I’m worried people might judge me for shipping these characters if they knew about it….

• November 1, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Which is…? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m very interested now ๐Ÿ˜€

Be you, everyone else is taken

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
        November 1, 2017 at 6:24 pm

The fanfic is called “Delenda Est” and the main pairing is Harry and a younger version of Bellatrix from the past.

• November 4, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Ooooooooo ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ve just looked ‘Delenda Est’ up on Google translate and it means ‘must be destroyed’ in Latin. Awesome!!!

Be you, everyone else is taken

• November 4, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Oh …….
          As you know I donโ€™t like Bellatrix, but I like that
          I think you also might have converted me to liking Bellatrix
          BUT NOT IN ORDER OF THE PHONEIX
          I am very annoyed at her killing Sirius but I am recovering slowly

• Iris that blooms on a misty morning (Irismist)
            November 5, 2017 at 1:15 am

Agreed, I was really, REALLY, upset when Sirius died. I found that I was equally sad at his death as I was when Silverstream died. (this means that I cried about the same amount, but I think that Sirius’s death was more terrible.) But, this ship actually sounds pretty interesting. The thing I like about Bella is her, swagger. I know that sounds weird, but it’s true. The way that J.K Rowling makes here sound so beautiful and dangerous at the same time. It’s pretty cool.

mwahehe ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Curse of the Black Tail (Foxie)
        November 1, 2017 at 6:41 pm

You’ve got us hooked now ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜ฎ

~โ€ข Soul of a Foxheart โ€ข~

• Mintchee
          November 11, 2017 at 5:07 am

Oh gosh!! I was destroyed when Sirius died. One of my teachers told me the three HP villains you can’t hate are Lucius Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, and Bellatrix. I said no because 1 has just got something about him I hate, 2 is gross and can go fall in a ditch, and 3 licked her Dark Mark in the OotP movie and killed Sirius. Like let me debunk that non-hatable villains list!!!

• Butterflyflower
            November 11, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Draco is adorable though. I think Draco was a pretty bad person for books 1-5, but he started to change (and mature) in the 6th book. In the end of the series, he was able to learn how to just be himself. He wasn’t exactly like Lucius, and he wasn’t really a “hero” like Harry. He just became a better version of himself. ๐Ÿ˜Š

8. November 4, 2017 at 2:06 pm

This is Summer before third Year hope you enjoy it!

We are in so much trouble!!! That is what was running through Harryโ€™s, Hermioneโ€™s, and Ronโ€™s brain.
    **Flashback
    Harryโ€™s POV
    Harry was peering out of the bushes, looking at Snapeโ€™s house.
    Why? Well let see, because Harry and Ron had over heard Draco Malfoy right before they left Hogwarts saying that he had to stay with Snape for the whole summer all because his mother and father are doing some stupid Ministry trip. Bla, bla-bla, bla-bla! And also because his grades werenโ€™t as good as grangerโ€™s so he had to go to Snapeโ€™s house for the entire summer and for two hours a day study potions. Boring!
    Though Harry thought it was hilarious and wanted to make it even more so. Ron the same way, but Hermione??! The only reason she was coming was because of Draco trying to get better grades, and because Draco called her a filthy mud-blood. So she was mad. So Hermione helped them out with their plan, but warned them over and over, we could get expelled.
    So know here they were peering behind bushes at Snapeโ€™s house. It was exactly five days after school had
    ended. Exactly 5:00 in the morning. And a nice breezy day.
    Harry turned toward the others, โ€œ Okay, lets go! Plan #1 is in action!โ€
    Ron cheered and Hermione just shook her head in disapproval. Then they ran to the window and climbed inside and tiptoed around looking for Dracoโ€™s room. It seemed like forever, but finally they heard the snoring and followed it to the door and peeked inside, saw Draco, then started working. Hermione went to get a spider with a jar. Harry started looking around for some muggle fishing line or any clear string. He finally found some in a drawer. Ron listened and watched to make sure no one was coming. Finally the re-grouped and Hermione โ€˜engorgioedโ€™ it to appear three times itโ€™s actual size. Then she took Harryโ€™s string, adhered it on to the spider somehow; neither Harry nor Ron could figure it out. Then did the same thing to the string and the top of the door. By now Ron was freaking out of the spider that was now hanging from the door three times it size, so that if everything went accordingly Draco would walk right into the spider.
    So they then went to a corner slid Harryโ€™s invisibility cloak on and waited
    Waited some more.
    Even more.
    And finally they heard movement upstairs and Snape calling down for Draco to hurry up and get ready. Minutes ticked by slowly then the door swung open and Draco walked through only to get hit in the face with a spider about as big as his face. The spider chose that moment to cling to his face and not let go. Draco was screaming like a little girl and saying, โ€œGet it off! Get it off!โ€ over and over again.
    That is when Snape came down stairs. He untangled Draco from the spider and string then inspected it and looked around suspiciously. Now all they had to do was wait for breakfast, which came fast.
    At breakfast Draco and Snape ate silently. Perfect! Harry mouthed, โ€œReadyโ€ and he moved into the hall out of sight then Ron and Hermione slipped out. Ron gave him a thumbs up and Hermione just shook her head again though this time it looked like she was trying not to smile.
    Harry tiptoed toward Dracoโ€™s chair. Then he swiftly went up and swiped his food of the table. Draco startled then bent to pick it up Snape said, โ€œbe care fuller, Dracoโ€
    And got up to get him more. That is when Harry chose to grab Dracoโ€™s chair and start swinging it around the room. Draco was once again screaming like a girl. Snape walked in. That is when Harry should of stopped but he kept going that is when he suddenly tripped. And fell flat on his face. Oh man was he in trouble because the invisibility cloak slid right off. That was when he started running he didnโ€™t even think about grabbing the cloak. When he got to Hermione and Ron, Hermione just said,โ€we are in so much trouble no matter what we do!โ€ while Ron exclaimed that was brilliant Harry!โ€ then they ran for it.
    He escape was going well in tell saw they were running away from the door and were cornered.
    **Present
    So as Snape got closer that is what was going through there minds. When Snape saw them he said without any surprise on his face, โ€œAs I expectedโ€. They got there longest yet disciplining talk. Then he flooed their parents, well Ronโ€™s anyway who agreed they could stay there and work and still have detention when they got back. Ronโ€™s mom was especially mad. Which made Harry feel even worse, then he flooed dumbledore. This whole time Draco was laughing at them, though Harry didnโ€™t care because heโ€™d seen what he wanted from Malfoy.

Those of you who read my first one please note that no I didn’t post it on fanfiction.net but got the idea from there, though I would love to post my fanfics I sadly can’t. Though any of you out there feel free to post it if you have accounts I would love it also I wouldn’t feel offended if you changed any thing I would actually love the feedback good or bad.

Warning: just make sure you say that you don’t own any of it when you post. you probably no that I just don’t want any of you to get in trouble because of me.
    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! I’m still working on next part.

• November 5, 2017 at 10:01 am

So funny! My advice would be to put a space between each paragraph instead of just one line because it makes it clearer ๐Ÿ™‚

Be you, everyone else is taken

• November 5, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Ok I would be happy to๐Ÿ˜ƒ
        Do you by any chance have an account on fanfiction.net or any other cite because I SOOOOO want it posted to all public but I sadly am not allowed to have an account.โ˜น๏ธIf so you can read the very bottom of my fanfic it will tell you some stuff. Also if not, well oh, well! THANKS

• November 8, 2017 at 7:30 pm

No sorry I don’t ๐Ÿ™

Be you, everyone else is taken

• November 11, 2017 at 8:44 pm

That’s OK๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll keep looking!

Could you maybe through it out to someother people you know on here and see if maybe they do, Oh and tell them that they are welcome to edit anything they want. You don’t have to, but I’d appreciate it!!!
            THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ƒ

9. Butterflyflower
    November 4, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Who do you prefer?

Draco or Harry?
    Snape or Lucius?
    Bellatrix or Narcissa?
    Sirius or Remus?
    Lucius or Narcissa?
    Hermione or Luna?
    Harry or Newt?

My answers:
    DRACO!
    Snape
    Narcissa (But Bellatrix is a great villain)
    Remus
    Luna
    NEWT

• Iris that blooms on a misty morning (Irismist)
      November 5, 2017 at 1:27 am

Harry
      Snape (hardly)
      Narcissa (but I completely agree that Bellatrix is an awesome villian)
      Ooh. that’s hard, I think in the end Sirius wins by a tiny bit.
      Hermoine
      I can’t answer because I haven’t read Magical Creatures and Where to find Them.
      Awesome test, could I make something like this too? ๐Ÿ˜€

mwahehe ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Butterflyflower
        November 5, 2017 at 2:33 am

Sure!

• Duskpaw
      November 5, 2017 at 2:53 am

Harry
      Snape
      Bellatrix
      Sirius
      Lucius
      Luna
      Newt

• Fox That Chases Turkey (Foxie)
        November 5, 2017 at 3:55 am

Wow I literally have the same answers as you do, Butterflyflower!

DRACO! ๐Ÿ˜

Newt

Be you, everyone else is taken

• Shiverfur
      November 5, 2017 at 11:37 am

Draco ๐Ÿ˜€
      Snape
      Narcissa (but Bellatrix is good as a villain)
      Remus
      Luna
      Newt

• November 5, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Arrrrrrr I donโ€™t knoooooooooooooowwwwwwww
      Shape
      Narcissa
      Oh a close one but I will have to go Sirius
      Luna
      I am not able to answer that question with out my brain overloading, sorry

• Juniperpool

this is the hardest question ;c Sirius
      Luna
      Harry

• Nightflower
      November 5, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Harry, Snape, has Bellatrix, Sirius, narcissa, Hermione, harry

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightpaw/berry)
      November 6, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Harry
      Snape
      You might as well ask my mom which of her children she loves more
      Remus
      Luna
      Newt

• November 8, 2017 at 2:44 am

Draco is a more interesting character, so him. (Although he’s a bit of a terrible person)
      Snape
      Both. You can’t make me choose ๐Ÿ˜›
      Luna
      Newt

• Beechflight
      November 11, 2017 at 2:01 am

Harry
      Snape
      Bellatrix
      Remus
      Narcissi
      Hermione
      Newt

hello do you remember me

• Mossball the turkey
      November 14, 2017 at 12:13 am

Harry
      Snape
      Bellatrix
      Sirius
      Luna
      Newt

10. November 5, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Iโ€™m trying to do homework, but then my sister starts playing Harry Potter songs really loudly, and theyโ€™re the annoying ones like the one where the kids and frogs are singing (film 3: Prizoner of Askaban) and the Night Bus one ๐Ÿ˜›