3,409 Replies to “Harry Potter Discussion Page”

1. November 14, 2017 at 2:04 pm

should i stop procrastinating and read ootp

ɪ'ᴍ ᴄᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
      November 14, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Yes. There’ s some tough stuff to get through, but….LUNA. Also, TONKS.

• Iris that eats lots of mashed potatoes (Irispaw, Irismist)
      November 17, 2017 at 12:48 am

Order of the Phoenix was my fav! (tied w/ the Deathly Hallows) You should diffidently read it, it way better than Goblet of Fire (in my opinion) 😀 It is also the book wher things start to get a little more intense. I feel like GOF sorta started the more… intense (I cant think of a better word) , books with the ending, but in book five the pace really picks up, But if you’re a Sirius fan, brace yourself…

Hermione*4*the*win!!

• Juniperpool
        November 18, 2017 at 8:40 pm

I know what happens to sirius (i spoil myself too much)

rip

• Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
          November 18, 2017 at 9:19 pm

The Sirius thing was the worst moment of my life

• Jasmine That Peeks out of Winter Snow
            November 27, 2017 at 2:06 am

Voldemort – Why so sirius?
            Sirius – Why so nosy?

2. Mossball the turkey
    November 17, 2017 at 4:55 am

I’m not sure how I feel about the title for the next FBAWTFT

Crimes of Grindelwald

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
      November 17, 2017 at 8:55 pm

I’m not sure, either, it doesn’t flow too well. But I’m still looking forward to it!

• Shivy
      November 18, 2017 at 8:37 pm

I’m looking forward to it but worried how it’ll turn out 😛 :/

• Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
      November 18, 2017 at 9:19 pm

Yeah I think it was just a quick title to make , not much thought went into it I don’t think

• November 20, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Crimes of Grindelwald?! I’m not sure it has a very impressive ring to it… 😛

• 🦊 Fox That Chases Turkey (Foxie) 🦃
        November 20, 2017 at 11:16 pm

Ahhh I just found out about this a few days ago!!!!! Can’t wait!!! Hopefully it will be good 😀

• November 20, 2017 at 11:28 pm

me too, it feels iffy and I don’t like what it says about the plot I feel like it’s going to be mostly backstory and not as much of an original story like the first Fantastic Beasts

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Icy/Iceflower [Insert Icy's Thanksgiving Name Here]
      November 22, 2017 at 2:57 am

I’m not sure either – not that I’ll watch it, because I don’t really care for Fantastic Beasts, but I’m definitely not fond of the name either. 😛

❄ Icy - BlogTeam Moderator ❄

3. Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightpaw/berry)
    November 19, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I just realized that Harry’s backstory is sort of similar to Cosette from Les Mis:
    Both had a beautiful, kind mother who sacrificed everything to save them
    Both were raised by terrible people who spoiled their kid but treated Harry/Cosette poorly
    Both were whisked away to a new world by a REALLY strong guy
    Both befriended a former prisoner who became like a second father to them
    Both fell in love with a redhead (Ginny/Eddie Redmayne!Marius) who sort of didn’t know how to talk to them at first (Ginny’s poem, Marius’s general awkwardness.

4. Butterflyflower
    November 25, 2017 at 3:12 pm

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/188692812/ I was listening to a song, and I realized how much it fit Draco Malfoy, so… 😛

5. Thunderpaw (heart)
    November 25, 2017 at 9:53 pm

I love Harry Potter

beware the amingdalorp!!!

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      November 27, 2017 at 3:08 am

Me too! 😀 Ikr so shocking XD 😛

• thundering christmas music (thunderheart)
        November 28, 2017 at 2:21 am

i never would have geussed *flash back* fawkestail 😉

beware the amingdalorp!!!

6. Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
    November 27, 2017 at 3:16 am

Hey guys my best friends, Goldensky and Strikestorm, and I are planning way too ahead but Strikestorm suggested we do an epic movie marathon and we put in lots of different movies and we agreed on Harry Potter (Goldensky and I were voting for it really hard 😛 Strikestorm hasn’t seen it yet…)! We are gonna do it this summer 2018 at my house (haven’t got the date set up yet since it’s way to early for that) since I have all of the HP movies (without borrowing like Goldensky would’ve and Strikestorm hasn’t seen it so she wouldn’t have them anyway) and make it a two-night sleepover, 4 movies each night. We named it The A.S.I.A.N. = The Asian Squad Intese All-Nighter XD (we are all Chinese and adopted)

I have watched up to the 6th movie but only read to half of the 4th book (read the 1st book three times, the 2nd twice, and the 3rd and half of 4th once) and I can’t see the last two movies until I read the 7th book so my goal before the ASIAN is rereading/reading ALL of the HP books! Yep start cheering me on (I’m actually quite excited about it)! 😎😜

Bruh it’s gonna be EPIC!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! 😀😝😍

• November 27, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Yay! Have an amazing amount of fun with your friends Foxie!

'StalkingInAFriendlyWay'-2017

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
        November 27, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Thx! 😀😊 It’s a ways away but I’m still hyped!

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
      November 27, 2017 at 8:45 pm

That sounds fun!

• November 27, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Wow, that sounds really fun! Have a great time!

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Blue Lights on Stockings Hanging over Fire
      December 2, 2017 at 11:58 pm

I own all of the books and movies and have read/seen them allllllll!
      READ THE BOOKS FIRST YES
      at least they don’t butcher it too much…
      i mean seriously some movie adaptions of books are nothing like the book =P

7. Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
    November 27, 2017 at 8:55 pm

It was really late last night and I couldn’t remember Seamus Finnegan’s name, so I googled “that one Irish kid who makes things explode” and he was the second result 😛

8. Silverleaf (Silverpaw)
    November 30, 2017 at 12:05 am

Today (11/29) is Bill Weasley’s Birthday!!!! 😀😀😀

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      November 30, 2017 at 12:29 am

Happy Birthday!!! 😮😀🎉

9. Dewpaw
    November 30, 2017 at 12:08 am

Did you guys know that Bellatrix is one of the Latin words meaning combative? The word bellator is also the word for warrior, which I think describes Bellatrix pretty well! The things I learn just by taking Latin 😛

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      November 30, 2017 at 12:28 am

Nice! I take Latin too! 😀😛

• November 30, 2017 at 12:50 am

neat!

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
      November 30, 2017 at 12:52 am

Yep! She’s also named after the third-brightest star in the constellation Orion (the Hunter) and the -trix suffix means “female”, so Bellatrix Lestrange roughly translates as “female warrior the crazy”. 😛
      Also, Sirius is the Dog Star. Sirius is literally Dog Black the Black Dog.

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
        November 30, 2017 at 1:37 am

Oh yeah I knew that about Sirius! Cool! I love HP analyzations and facts.

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
        December 1, 2017 at 12:34 am

If we’re talking about names – Remus Lupin is super obvious too 😛

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
          December 1, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Every day I learn something new about Werewolf McWerewolf:
          -His first name, Remus- character in Roman folklore who was raised by a she-wolf
          -Last name, Lupin, is Latin for “wolf”
          -His father’s name is Lyall, which is Greek (I think) for wolf
          -Apparently his mother’s maiden name was “Howell”
          -There was an eclipse in the month he was born.
          Honestly, the only part of him that does not scream “werewolf” is his middle name, John.

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
            December 2, 2017 at 3:56 am

yep! all of those are clever, but slightly obvious nods to him being a werewolf

• December 1, 2017 at 12:42 am