3,856 Replies to “Harry Potter Discussion Page”

1. Thunderpaw (heart)
    November 25, 2017 at 9:53 pm

I love Harry Potter

is a pancake a short cake?๐Ÿค”

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      November 27, 2017 at 3:08 am

Me too! ๐Ÿ˜€ Ikr so shocking XD ๐Ÿ˜›

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

• thundering christmas music (thunderheart)
        November 28, 2017 at 2:21 am

i never would have geussed *flash back* fawkestail ๐Ÿ˜‰

is a pancake a short cake?๐Ÿค”

2. Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
    November 27, 2017 at 3:16 am

Hey guys my best friends, Goldensky and Strikestorm, and I are planning way too ahead but Strikestorm suggested we do an epic movie marathon and we put in lots of different movies and we agreed on Harry Potter (Goldensky and I were voting for it really hard ๐Ÿ˜› Strikestorm hasn’t seen it yet…)! We are gonna do it this summer 2018 at my house (haven’t got the date set up yet since it’s way to early for that) since I have all of the HP movies (without borrowing like Goldensky would’ve and Strikestorm hasn’t seen it so she wouldn’t have them anyway) and make it a two-night sleepover, 4 movies each night. We named it The A.S.I.A.N. = The Asian Squad Intese All-Nighter XD (we are all Chinese and adopted)

I have watched up to the 6th movie but only read to half of the 4th book (read the 1st book three times, the 2nd twice, and the 3rd and half of 4th once) and I can’t see the last two movies until I read the 7th book so my goal before the ASIAN is rereading/reading ALL of the HP books! Yep start cheering me on (I’m actually quite excited about it)! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜œ

Bruh it’s gonna be EPIC!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

• November 27, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Yay! Have an amazing amount of fun with your friends Foxie!

Be you, everyone else is taken

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
        November 27, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Thx! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š It’s a ways away but I’m still hyped!

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
      November 27, 2017 at 8:45 pm

That sounds fun!

• November 27, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Wow, that sounds really fun! Have a great time!

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• Blue Lights on Stockings Hanging over Fire
      December 2, 2017 at 11:58 pm

I own all of the books and movies and have read/seen them allllllll!
      READ THE BOOKS FIRST YES
      at least they don’t butcher it too much…
      i mean seriously some movie adaptions of books are nothing like the book =P

3. Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
    November 27, 2017 at 8:55 pm

It was really late last night and I couldn’t remember Seamus Finnegan’s name, so I googled “that one Irish kid who makes things explode” and he was the second result ๐Ÿ˜›

4. Silverleaf (Silverpaw)
    November 30, 2017 at 12:05 am

Today (11/29) is Bill Weasley’s Birthday!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      November 30, 2017 at 12:29 am

Happy Birthday!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

5. Dewpaw
    November 30, 2017 at 12:08 am

Did you guys know that Bellatrix is one of the Latin words meaning combative? The word bellator is also the word for warrior, which I think describes Bellatrix pretty well! The things I learn just by taking Latin ๐Ÿ˜›

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      November 30, 2017 at 12:28 am

Nice! I take Latin too! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜›

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

• November 30, 2017 at 12:50 am

neat!

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightberry)
      November 30, 2017 at 12:52 am

Yep! She’s also named after the third-brightest star in the constellation Orion (the Hunter) and the -trix suffix means “female”, so Bellatrix Lestrange roughly translates as “female warrior the crazy”. ๐Ÿ˜›
      Also, Sirius is the Dog Star. Sirius is literally Dog Black the Black Dog.

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
        November 30, 2017 at 1:37 am

Oh yeah I knew that about Sirius! Cool! I love HP analyzations and facts.

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
        December 1, 2017 at 12:34 am

If we’re talking about names – Remus Lupin is super obvious too ๐Ÿ˜›

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
          December 1, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Every day I learn something new about Werewolf McWerewolf:
          -His first name, Remus- character in Roman folklore who was raised by a she-wolf
          -Last name, Lupin, is Latin for “wolf”
          -His father’s name is Lyall, which is Greek (I think) for wolf
          -Apparently his mother’s maiden name was “Howell”
          -There was an eclipse in the month he was born.
          Honestly, the only part of him that does not scream “werewolf” is his middle name, John.

• Spooky Birch Tht Towers Over Cat
            December 2, 2017 at 3:56 am

yep! all of those are clever, but slightly obvious nods to him being a werewolf

• December 1, 2017 at 12:42 am

Regulus is a star too!

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

6. Blue Lights on Stockings Hanging over Fire
    December 3, 2017 at 12:00 am

Gryffindor anyone?
    POTTERMORE IS THE BEST =)
    tho my patronus (a blackbird) is a bit disappointing
    but still POTTERMORE

• December 3, 2017 at 9:53 am

I am Hufflepuff and my patronus is a bat ๐Ÿ™‚

Be you, everyone else is taken

• Silverleaf (Silverpaw)
        December 3, 2017 at 4:47 pm

I am a Hufflepuff and my patronus is a dolphin ๐Ÿ˜€

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
      December 4, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Slytherin with a Leopard patronus!

• December 4, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Pottermore sorted me into Ravenclaw, but honestly don’t think i fit in any of the houses. Though I’m not smart, I guess I’m more on the smart side than the brave, ambitious and kind/hard-working sides ๐Ÿ˜› If there is a “useless person” house, that’s what house I would fit into ๐Ÿ˜› That goes the same for Ilvermorny.

My patronus is a leopard, which I’m fine with

whatโ€™s ur favorite idea ๐Ÿ–

• Darkpaw(ivy)
      December 5, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Hufflepuff pride

• Snowpaw(shadow)
      December 11, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Ravenclaw. My patronus is a Fox.

• Loudfern
      December 18, 2017 at 2:58 am

Ravenclaw. My patronus is a heron (same patronus as JK Rowling *dabs*)

#reylo

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
        December 18, 2017 at 4:45 am

Whoa cool I didn’t even know that was her patronus!

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

7. Iris that likes purple wrapped presents (Irismist, Irispaw)
    December 4, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Arggh! I still am not old enough to have an email and I don’t know whether or not I should ask my mom if I can use hers to set up Pottermore. I think that I would be a Ravenclaw though, or maybe a smart Gryfindor like Hermione.

mwahehe ๐Ÿ˜‰

8. Iris that likes purple wrapped presents (Irismist, Irispaw)
    December 4, 2017 at 9:41 pm

At lunch today I moved tables to sit with my best friend, and then my other friend, held up a pencil and shouted “Expelliarmus!” at me and I threw my pen in the air. Then I went and got it and we basically started deuling at the lunch table. He only read up to the third book and hardly knew any spells because he only read up to the third book and I kept blanking when I tried to come up with another spell so we basically spent the whole lunch shout “Expelliarmus!” at each other and throwing our penicls. ๐Ÿ˜› I also said “Protego” a few times and made a Patronus that started talking to him. ๐Ÿ˜›

mwahehe ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
      December 4, 2017 at 10:55 pm

One time during a quiz bowl half-time I pointed a pencil at someone on the other team and said “Avada Kedavra.” I don’t think they heard me, but one of my teammates started scolding me ๐Ÿ˜›

• Iris that likes purple wrapped presents (Irismist, Irispaw)
        December 10, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Me and my friend (I’ll call him Stormwing, cool name, right ๐Ÿ˜› ) were talking about Harry Potter when our other friend came over and started being annoying. Me and Stormwing both pointed at him, and I said, “Stupify!”, but Stormwing said, “Sectumsempra!” (I think that’s how you spell it, the spell that Snape cast that made one of the Weasly twins ear come off). Stormwing kept saying it and I kept casting typical “Defensive” spells (Petrificus Totalus, Stupify, and even Silencio because he was being annoying), but soon I started pretend yelling at Stormwing for using “Dark Magic”. It was pretty funny ๐Ÿ˜›

mwahehe ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Loudfern
          December 18, 2017 at 3:00 am

Isnโ€™t sectumsempra the spell Harry used which cut Draco up?

#reylo

• Butterflyflower
            December 18, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Yeah…

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      December 4, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Too funny! Niiiccee ๐Ÿ˜

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

• December 7, 2017 at 9:28 pm

lol ๐Ÿ˜€

Be you, everyone else is taken

• Santa's Brownie Tray (Browniewitch)
      December 9, 2017 at 7:06 pm

That’s awesome! ๐Ÿ˜›

It feels good to back. ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Duskpaw
    December 5, 2017 at 2:22 am

I’m bored, so…
    House- Slytherin (I was a Ravenclaw a few years ago…)
    Patronus- salmon ๐Ÿ˜›
    Ilvermorny- Wampus
    Wand- pine wood, phoenix feather core, 14.5 in, unyielding flexibility

• Jasmine That Peeks out of Winter Snow
      December 7, 2017 at 10:03 pm

House- Hufflepuff
      Patronus- Manx Cat
      Ilvermorny- Thunderbird
      Wand- Ebony wood, unicorn tail hair core, 13.5 in, bendy flexibility.

• Shivering Fox in Snowy Meadow (idk what this name is I made it up on the spot)
      December 7, 2017 at 10:42 pm

House- Slytherin on Pottermore and Ravenclaw on other tests ๐Ÿ™‚
      Patronus- Falcon
      Ilvermorny- Wampus
      Wand- beech or birch wood (I cant remeber right now ๐Ÿ˜› ), unicorn hair core, 10 inches, swishy

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
        December 7, 2017 at 11:29 pm

House – HUFFLEPUFF
        Patronus – Black and white cat aka tuxedo!
        Ilvermorney – Wampus
        Wand – Spruce wood with a Phoenix feather core 11 3/4โ€ณ and solid flexibility

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

• Juniperpool
          December 7, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Not all black and white cats are tuxedos- for instance, Barley.

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
            December 8, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Yeah I know. I was just saying that my patronus was one ๐Ÿ™‚ (at least I think so)

Here’s a pic: https://s17.postimg.org/3zb7srcrz/IMG_1982.jpg

~โ€ข Keep clever โ€ข~

• Juniperpool
              December 9, 2017 at 7:05 pm

uhh all the cat patronuses’ pelt colors basically look the same, and you cant distinguish the markings on them

• December 7, 2017 at 11:57 pm

House – Slytherin
      Patronus – husky
      Ilvermony – Pukwudgie
      Wand – elm wood with a dragon heartstring core 12 3/4″ and pliant flexibility

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
      December 8, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Slytherin
      Leopard Patronus
      Pukwudgie
      Maple, unicorn hair, 12 1/2 inches, surprisingly flexible

• December 9, 2017 at 6:38 am

House- Gryffindor
      Patronus: Sea Turtle
      Ilvermorny: Thunderbird (Whatever that Thunder house is)
      Wand- I believe Holly with a phoenix fether core. It’s been a while since hexrpg.com though, so I’d have to log back in.

hello do you remember me

• December 9, 2017 at 11:26 am

House – Hufflepuff (used to be Slytherin)
      Patronus – Bat (I got Marsh Harrier and a shrew so I mixed them up)
      Ilvermorny – Thunderbird (I got this twice)
      Wand – Cedar wood with a unicorn hair core, 12 ยผโ€ length and reasonably supple flexibility

Be you, everyone else is taken

• Juniperpool
      December 9, 2017 at 7:55 pm

House- uhh i don’t think i fit in any of them, but i guess i fit in ravenclaw the most?
      Patronus- leopard
      Ilvermorny- Same goes for hogwarts house, but i think i fit into horned serpent
      Wand- Black walnut, dragon heartstring, 9 1/2 inches, hard flexibility

10. Santa's Brownie Tray (Browniewitch)
    December 9, 2017 at 7:37 pm

I have gotten many different answers from pottermore over and over… i finally decided to do it one more time and that would be my real information. Here is my new information…

Hogwarts House – Ravenclaw
    Ilvermorny House – Horned Serpent
    Patronus – Black Mamba
    Wand – Holly wood with a Phoenix feather core 12 ยผ” and Surprisingly Swishy flexibility

๐Ÿ˜€