3,316 Replies to “Harry Potter Discussion Page”

1. Blue Lights on Stockings Hanging over Fire
    December 3, 2017 at 12:00 am

Gryffindor anyone?
    POTTERMORE IS THE BEST =)
    tho my patronus (a blackbird) is a bit disappointing
    but still POTTERMORE

• December 3, 2017 at 9:53 am

I am Hufflepuff and my patronus is a bat 🙂

Pls become a mentor 😀

• Silverleaf (Silverpaw)
        December 3, 2017 at 4:47 pm

I am a Hufflepuff and my patronus is a dolphin 😀

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
      December 4, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Slytherin with a Leopard patronus!

• December 4, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Pottermore sorted me into Ravenclaw, but honestly don’t think i fit in any of the houses. Though I’m not smart, I guess I’m more on the smart side than the brave, ambitious and kind/hard-working sides 😛 If there is a “useless person” house, that’s what house I would fit into 😛 That goes the same for Ilvermorny.

My patronus is a leopard, which I’m fine with

ı'ƖƖ ɱąƙɛ ɬɧıʂ ℘ɛཞʄɛƈɬ ąɠąıŋ

• Darkpaw(ivy)
      December 5, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Hufflepuff pride

• Snowpaw(shadow)
      December 11, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Ravenclaw. My patronus is a Fox.

2. Iris that likes purple wrapped presents (Irismist, Irispaw)
    December 4, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Arggh! I still am not old enough to have an email and I don’t know whether or not I should ask my mom if I can use hers to set up Pottermore. I think that I would be a Ravenclaw though, or maybe a smart Gryfindor like Hermione.

50% Human, 100% Warriorcat

3. Iris that likes purple wrapped presents (Irismist, Irispaw)
    December 4, 2017 at 9:41 pm

At lunch today I moved tables to sit with my best friend, and then my other friend, held up a pencil and shouted “Expelliarmus!” at me and I threw my pen in the air. Then I went and got it and we basically started deuling at the lunch table. He only read up to the third book and hardly knew any spells because he only read up to the third book and I kept blanking when I tried to come up with another spell so we basically spent the whole lunch shout “Expelliarmus!” at each other and throwing our penicls. 😛 I also said “Protego” a few times and made a Patronus that started talking to him. 😛

50% Human, 100% Warriorcat

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
      December 4, 2017 at 10:55 pm

One time during a quiz bowl half-time I pointed a pencil at someone on the other team and said “Avada Kedavra.” I don’t think they heard me, but one of my teammates started scolding me 😛

• Iris that likes purple wrapped presents (Irismist, Irispaw)
        December 10, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Me and my friend (I’ll call him Stormwing, cool name, right 😛 ) were talking about Harry Potter when our other friend came over and started being annoying. Me and Stormwing both pointed at him, and I said, “Stupify!”, but Stormwing said, “Sectumsempra!” (I think that’s how you spell it, the spell that Snape cast that made one of the Weasly twins ear come off). Stormwing kept saying it and I kept casting typical “Defensive” spells (Petrificus Totalus, Stupify, and even Silencio because he was being annoying), but soon I started pretend yelling at Stormwing for using “Dark Magic”. It was pretty funny 😛

50% Human, 100% Warriorcat

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      December 4, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Too funny! Niiiccee 😝

• December 7, 2017 at 9:28 pm

lol 😀

Pls become a mentor 😀

• Santa's Brownie Tray (Browniewitch)
      December 9, 2017 at 7:06 pm

That’s awesome! 😛

Floating Cats = Magic = ME!

4. Duskpaw
    December 5, 2017 at 2:22 am

I’m bored, so…
    House- Slytherin (I was a Ravenclaw a few years ago…)
    Patronus- salmon 😛
    Ilvermorny- Wampus
    Wand- pine wood, phoenix feather core, 14.5 in, unyielding flexibility

• Jasmine That Peeks out of Winter Snow
      December 7, 2017 at 10:03 pm

House- Hufflepuff
      Patronus- Manx Cat
      Ilvermorny- Thunderbird
      Wand- Ebony wood, unicorn tail hair core, 13.5 in, bendy flexibility.

• Shivering Fox in Snowy Meadow (idk what this name is I made it up on the spot)
      December 7, 2017 at 10:42 pm

House- Slytherin on Pottermore and Ravenclaw on other tests 🙂
      Patronus- Falcon
      Ilvermorny- Wampus
      Wand- beech or birch wood (I cant remeber right now 😛 ), unicorn hair core, 10 inches, swishy

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
        December 7, 2017 at 11:29 pm

House – HUFFLEPUFF
        Patronus – Black and white cat aka tuxedo!
        Ilvermorney – Wampus
        Wand – Spruce wood with a Phoenix feather core 11 3/4″ and solid flexibility

• Juniperpool
          December 7, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Not all black and white cats are tuxedos- for instance, Barley.

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
            December 8, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Yeah I know. I was just saying that my patronus was one 🙂 (at least I think so)

Here’s a pic: https://s17.postimg.org/3zb7srcrz/IMG_1982.jpg

• Juniperpool
              December 9, 2017 at 7:05 pm

uhh all the cat patronuses’ pelt colors basically look the same, and you cant distinguish the markings on them

• December 7, 2017 at 11:57 pm

House – Slytherin
      Patronus – husky
      Ilvermony – Pukwudgie
      Wand – elm wood with a dragon heartstring core 12 3/4″ and pliant flexibility

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
      December 8, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Slytherin
      Leopard Patronus
      Pukwudgie
      Maple, unicorn hair, 12 1/2 inches, surprisingly flexible

• December 9, 2017 at 6:38 am

House- Gryffindor
      Patronus: Sea Turtle
      Ilvermorny: Thunderbird (Whatever that Thunder house is)
      Wand- I believe Holly with a phoenix fether core. It’s been a while since hexrpg.com though, so I’d have to log back in.

Lots of Purrs.

• December 9, 2017 at 11:26 am

House – Hufflepuff (used to be Slytherin)
      Patronus – Bat (I got Marsh Harrier and a shrew so I mixed them up)
      Ilvermorny – Thunderbird (I got this twice)
      Wand – Cedar wood with a unicorn hair core, 12 ¼” length and reasonably supple flexibility

Pls become a mentor 😀

• Juniperpool
      December 9, 2017 at 7:55 pm

House- uhh i don’t think i fit in any of them, but i guess i fit in ravenclaw the most?
      Patronus- leopard
      Ilvermorny- Same goes for hogwarts house, but i think i fit into horned serpent
      Wand- Black walnut, dragon heartstring, 9 1/2 inches, hard flexibility

5. Santa's Brownie Tray (Browniewitch)
    December 9, 2017 at 7:37 pm

I have gotten many different answers from pottermore over and over… i finally decided to do it one more time and that would be my real information. Here is my new information…

Hogwarts House – Ravenclaw
    Ilvermorny House – Horned Serpent
    Patronus – Black Mamba
    Wand – Holly wood with a Phoenix feather core 12 ¼” and Surprisingly Swishy flexibility

😀

Floating Cats = Magic = ME!

6. Whirling Leaves Over Silver Snow (Silverleaf/Silverpaw)
    December 9, 2017 at 7:52 pm

House – Hufflepuff
    Patronus – Dolphin
    IIvermorny – Pukwudgie
    Wand – Alder wood with a Dragon heartstring core 13 ¼” and Reasonably Supple flexibility

Let it snow!!!

• Vixen the Fox-like Reindeer (Foxie)
      December 9, 2017 at 10:05 pm

A DOLPHIN AS YOUR PATRONUS??!! LUCKY!! 😱😝😀 I love dolphins! Of course I don’t hate the patronus I got/have cause well I love cats too. But dolphins bruh……😛

7. Butterflyflower
    December 10, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Dracat Meowfoy… 😛

View post on imgur.com

I don’t know why, but I think the song “Wolf Bite” by Owl City fits this picture XD

• Iris that likes purple wrapped presents (Irismist, Irispaw)
      December 10, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Meowfoy 😛

50% Human, 100% Warriorcat

8. Bellatrix Lestrange, Ice Queen (Brightberry)
    December 11, 2017 at 12:03 am

You guys all loved my idea fora Death Eater-centric joke-fic, so after several months of writing, here it is! It’s called “A Flock of Wolves”:

Severus Snape frowned contemptuously as the Death Eater meeting droned on. Most of the time, his undercover work was, while not always exciting, at least worthwhile in that he’d discover some secret he didn’t know before.
    This was not one of those times. This meeting had revealed nothing other than things he already knew: that Pettigrew was a simpering fool, that Lucius Malfoy was an arrogant pretty-boy, and that Bellatrix was…well…Bellatrix. Presently, she was gazing adoringly at the Dark Lord, occasionally pausing to bat her eyes at him or toss her disheveled hair. Severus found it quite sickening, really.
    A creaking sound rang as a door at one end of the room slowly opened. A man stood in the doorway, clutching what seemed to be a plastic bag in one hand.
    Voldemort’s hairless brow furrowed. “Dolohov,” he said coldly. “Late again?”
    “A thousand apologies, my lord,” Dolohov muttered. “I wanted to make sure that I could provide you all with snacks.”
    “I brought Firewhiskey,” added Walden Macnair as he poked his head out from behind Dolohov’s shoulder.
    “WHEN DID YOU GET HERE?!” Dolohov shrieked with a sudden, startled jump.
    Lucius rolled his eyes. “Thank you for the offer, Wally, but we already have plenty of Firewhiskey here.”

A few hours passed, rather uneventfully, until Peter Pettigrew suddenly sat up sharply in his seat. “Wait, did somebody mention snacks?” he said with excitement.
    “Um, yes, I did. Several hours ago,” Dolohov replied, sounding exasperated.
    That was certainly a delayed reaction, Severus thought.
    “If you’ll excuse me,” Voldemort said quite suddenly. “There’s something I must do.”
    With that he disapparated, leaving the Death Eaters sitting in silence for a few moments before one of them stood up and slammed his hands on the table.
    This man’s name was Avery, and he spoke in a deep, gruff voice. “Ladies and gentleman,” he said. “It has come to my attention that we have a spy in our midst!”
    Severus desperately hoped he didn’t look to conspicuous- but to his surprise, it was Dolohov who looked the most distraught.
    “Alright!” he said, suddenly sounding quite panicky. “I admit it! I’m actually a spy!”
    Bellatrix turned towards him quickly, pointing her wand directly at his throat. “Who do you work for?!” she snarled.
    “Nobody…” he rasped.
    “Nobody?”
    “Nobody,” he replied. “I’m just a huge busybody, really, I can’t stay out of other people’s business-”
    “Are there any other spies here besides us?” she asked with menace.
    Several Death Eaters gasped. Bellatrix, looking very flustered, started to mutter under her breath; the most noticeable non-profane words Severus could discern were “oops” and “stupid.”
    “Care to explain?” came a guttural male voice.
    Bellatrix smiled sheepishly. “Oh dear. I suppose it’s time I came clean, isn’t it?” she said. “I actually work for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.”
    There was a very long, awkward pause.
    Bellatrix shrugged her shoulders. “What?” she said defensively.
    “Well, you are a wanted criminal….” one of the others replied.
    “Yeah…just a little bit,” she said.
    “And what, exactly, do you mean by that?” asked Yaxley.
    “I don’t know. It’s kind of weird, actually. They sent me to do undercover work and then they just sort of…forgot about me? And then I showed up at the Longbottoms’ fifteen minutes late with espresso-”
    “Why were you bringing the Longbottoms espresso?”
    “Why not?” she replied, and then continued. “When I got there, Barty had already arrived, Frank was sticking his hand in a toaster, and Alice was eating paint for some reason? And there was a crying baby on the floor covered in macaroni and cheese, and Barty just looked at me like I was stupid…And then I tripped over one of those wooden pull-duck things that babies play with and spilled hot coffee all over Frank and Alice and they started screaming and-”
    “Bellatrix, if you had literally nothing to do with them going insane, why did you plead guilty?”
    She sat back in her chair and propped her feet up on the table; Severus swore he heard Lucius crying and complaining about her damaging the mahogany. “The ministry’s way of doing things is just to arrest the first person on the scene,” she said. “Which actually worked out perfectly, because what better place to learn about the inner workings of the criminal underworld than a maximum-security prison?”
    Severus finally spoke again; the last thing he needed was for someone to comment on how quiet he was being. “Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?”
    “Sometimes Andromeda and I trade places for a day just to mess with all of you,” she said. “Also, I’m probably going to have to arrest all of you when this is over if I want my job back.”
    “I’m a spy, too,” Augustus Rookwood said suddenly, with some awkwardness. “Well, investigative reporter, really. I actually work for the Daily Prophet.”
    “No kidding, eh?” replied Walden Macnair. “I help Xenophilius Lovegood write for The Quibbler!”
    Rookwood rolled his eyes. “Fake news,” he muttered.
    “Hey! That story about the woman who married an owlbear is completely true! I actually know her father’s mother’s brother’s cousin’s roommate’s daughter’s best friend, and he told me about it personally! Xenophilius even officiated the wedding!”
    Rookwood groaned. “If you say so.”
    “I actually work for MACUSA,” muttered a scrawny blonde wizard.
    “Me too,” muttered another.
    “I didn’t know you were American,” Macnair chimed in.
    “I’m an American,” muttered the scrawny blonde wizard. “He’s from Indiana.”
    Avery slammed his fist on the table, much louder than the first time. “Is there anyone here who ISN’T a spy?”
    Severus could feel himself sinking deeper into his chair as Lucius Malfoy raised his hand.
    Avery sighed. “Yes, Lucius?”
    “I was told this was the rich people club!” he said, astonished.
    Narcissa, who was sitting next to him, visibly rolled her eyes.
    Avery’s brow furrowed. “You realize, of course, that I’m going to have to tell the Dark Lord you’re all plotting his demise!”
    “Actually, I don’t think you’re going to tell him anything,” Bellatrix said, moving closer towards him. “You’re under arrest!”
    Avery laughed. “What for?”
    Bellatrix began counting on her fingers. “Let’s see….murder, destruction of public property, destruction of private property, jaywalking….”
    “You can’t arrest me!” he said defiantly.
    “Oh dear, looks like I’m going to have to add ‘resisting arrest’ to your charges. However, I might let you off with a warning. On one condition.”
    “Yes?” Avery asked.
    “You don’t tell the Dark Lord about anything that happened tonight while he was gone,” she said, a more devious smile on her face. “So, do we have a deal?”
    Avery shuddered and nervously nodded his head.

A few days later, Severus was back at Hogwarts, in Dumbledore’s office.
    “So, Severus, what did you find out?” the headmaster asked.
    “Well, Professor…I really don’t think we have any reason to worry.”

• Snowpaw(shadow)
      December 11, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Wow, that’s really good!
      I had a hard time not laughing out loud during math while reading that.