2,330 Replies to “Thunder and Shadow Spoiler Page”

1. Amberheart
    September 17, 2016 at 4:20 am

Kate, I was reading the Wiki and when I read about Lilyheart it said that her mentor was her older sister Poppyfrost. Then, when I scrolled down more it said in the Trivia that Although cats do not normally mentor their kin, Lilyheart’s mentor was her older sister, Poppyfrost. So I was wondering why did you change that where their kin could mentor them?

• September 17, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Then Poppyfrost did have an apprentice, Jayie!

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

Jayfrost
        September 17, 2016 at 6:28 pm

I believe you’re referring to a conversation we had about my fanfic ‘verse. In which case, Lilyheart was her apprentice in the canon ‘verse, and in my ‘verse she was Bramblestar’s apprentice, so Poppyfrost didn’t have an apprentice.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Lionpaw
      September 17, 2016 at 6:21 pm

That wasn’t a changed rule, it’s just kind of like Fireheart mentoring Cloudtail.
      Sometimes it’s okay, because Bramblestar (I think) probably trusted Poppyfrost to train the apprentice well, and besides, Lilyheart had lost so much by the end of her apprentice hood, I think she needed it.

• Amberheart
        September 19, 2016 at 12:27 am

Not really I mean Cloudtail was Firestar’s Nephew and not his sibling.
        Yes, that’s true but I wonder what was the reason that Whitewing was Dewnose’s mentor when they are some cats that could of been picked that hasn’t had the chance to be a mentor yet and that also could of trained an apprentice well.

• Robinsky
        September 22, 2016 at 4:23 am

That’s a great point. remember how sad Poppyfrost was in TFA?

2. Rosefur
    September 17, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Hi Kate! I was wondering about how a leader’s nine lives worked. Let’s say a senior warrior (ex. Brackenfur) became leader, but he began dying of old age. would his second life restore his youth? Or would he simply lose all his lives? Also… when IS brackenfur retiring? He seems pretty old.

September 17, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Losing a life doesn’t restore youth.
      And, ach. You youngsters think anyone over 9 is old. ;P

• Rosefur
        September 17, 2016 at 3:55 pm

XD lol well ok then. *Brackenfur shrugs* Anyway, if losing a life doesn’t restore youth, would you simply die over and over again after a short moment of rest?

• Emberpaw (Emberfang)
        September 17, 2016 at 4:20 pm

In that case, I’m old ๐Ÿ˜›

September 18, 2016 at 11:22 am

Welcome ๐Ÿ˜›

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Drying Petals of Lupine (Lupinepaw)
        September 17, 2016 at 6:25 pm

๐Ÿ˜›

(omg
        i just wrote this
        and suddenly recent comments changed ๐Ÿ˜› )

12 hours on laptop yey

September 18, 2016 at 11:21 am

Hello ๐Ÿ˜€

• Swanpaw
        September 17, 2016 at 11:16 pm

My cat is about nine or ten years old. She is a grumpy, lazy elder. Nine years old is an old age for a cat, especially for outdoor cats.

oh boy

September 18, 2016 at 11:20 am

I had a cat who lived to 20.

• Rainpaw
            September 18, 2016 at 11:32 am

The record’s 32 if I remember right.

September 18, 2016 at 11:39 am

Yesssssss! Graystripe will never DIE!

• Rainpaw
                September 18, 2016 at 4:20 pm

• September 18, 2016 at 10:07 pm

What about Purdy? ๐Ÿ˜›

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• Brendan Gentile
                September 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm

The real question is how old Purdy is? I want a super edition just about him and his early life.

• September 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm

September 20, 2016 at 12:20 pm

I’m sure there are also some elephants that are older than you… by now… ๐Ÿ˜‰

September 22, 2016 at 8:53 am

๐Ÿ˜›

• Duskylight
                  December 20, 2016 at 4:13 pm

My cat was abut 15, so he’s older than me by about (what, 4 years? 3 years? maybe 2?)

3. Brackenblaze (Firepup16)
    September 17, 2016 at 6:02 pm

I see people saying that they don’t want another male leader in Shadowclan. My prediction is either Tigerheart dies as a deputy, and Violetpaw completely redeems herself to become leader or Tigerstar becomes leader and Violetpaw will be his deputy and later the leader. c: Personally I love Tigerheart, and although he’s been immature in the past, he’s very loyal to his clan.

• Amberstorm233
      September 18, 2016 at 3:21 am

I don’t like Tigerheart, however he does seem loyal to his Clan. Well, more loyal after OotS.

• Butterflypaw (Butterflyflower)
      September 23, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I LOVE him for his immatureness!!!!

• Night Falling On Christmas Eve(Nightpaw)
      December 20, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Violetpaw would make an interesting leader. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Lionpaw
    September 17, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Okay, so I kind of feel a bit stupid about not realizing that Needlepaw would become evil and all.
    I mean, it was hinted at.
    But at the same time….
    Was it?
    She seemed one of those cats that was all “my clan is better so back off.” But she also seemed “the whole idea of a clan is pretty stupid but I’m better than you so just bow down to ShadowClan.”
    When she was training Violetpaw, she didn’t need to actually train her, since they became rogues, and Sleekwhisker even pointed this out. I really want to know what emotions Needltail was feeling about this…
    Loyalty? Friendship? Remorse? Regret??

• Sunnystripe
      September 18, 2016 at 1:07 pm

I didn’t know Needlepaw would make such a dumb decision and become evil, but looking back the signs really are there. She didn’t follow the rules, and that combined with her not believing in StarClan made her someone who was always going to be evil. (I liked her during TaQ ๐Ÿ™ )

โ„๏ธ Happy Cadvent! โ„๏ธ

Jayfrost
        September 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Why is someone who doesn’t always follow the rules and not believing in StarClan mean someone is going to be evil? ๐Ÿ˜› You can question the validity of certain rules and not believe in a deity without turning out evil. In fact, that description perfectly fits young Cloudtail, and he turned out just fine. ^^

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Sunnystripe
          September 18, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Yes, Cloudtail did turn out fine, but that was only once he started to obey the warrior code. He realized a life of following the code was a much better life for him than being a kittypet. And although he never believed in StarClan, he was still able to be a good warrior by following the code StarClan helped create.

To me, StarClan and the warrior code are very much related, at least for the former ShadowClan apprentices. StarClan and the warrior code are the two most important things that separate clan cats from rogues like Darktail. Without those two things, Needlepaw and the other apprentices found they had little connection to the other clan cats or reason to stay in ShadowClan. Unlike Cloudtail, who still had one of the two conditions, the apprentices were ready to become rogues, cats that fight for power with very little honor and have no ancestors to guide them.

โ„๏ธ Happy Cadvent! โ„๏ธ

Jayfrost
            September 18, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Yeah, but people shouldn’t just blindly trust the rules either. He was foolish in that he broke the rules without thinking first of what the consequences would, but not all of the Clans’ rules are perfect, and there’s nothing wrong with questioning rules.

They became rogues, not because of just questioning the rules in general, but because of a disregard for the lives of those that the warrior code protects. It wasn’t just disrespecting authority, it was feeding themselves before the weak, old, and young of their Clan, being willing to let cats fight and kill over food and power. It wasn’t not believing in StarClan or questioning a few rules, it was a lack of honor, which, following the warrior code is not the only honorable way to live. And if cats need to be told by their ancestors to be good to each other and to follow the rules, I would highly question the morality of that cat, if they need to be told to not hurt others like that. StarClan helps the Clans a lot, and it’s comforting for them to know where their Clanmates go after they die, but these cats wouldn’t just be heartless savages without StarClan around to keep them in check. ๐Ÿ˜›

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• September 18, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Jayie, Cloudtail isn’t young. He was alive in the first series. ๐Ÿ˜›

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

Jayfrost
            September 18, 2016 at 4:52 pm

I’m aware. ๐Ÿ˜› By saying young Cloudtail, I was referring to Cloudtail when he was young.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

5. Briarspark
    September 17, 2016 at 11:23 pm

Kate, are Crowfrost, Kinkfur, and Wasptail in StarClan?

Briarspark

September 18, 2016 at 11:19 am

W.A.S.

• Emberpaw (Emberfang)
      September 18, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I’m guessing they are since they seem to be decent cats.

• Rainpaw
      September 19, 2016 at 12:55 am

I wished that Crowfrost became leader and Rowanstar died because of the sickness.

Jayfrost
        September 19, 2016 at 1:50 am

Me too.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Winterpaw
          September 19, 2016 at 2:01 am

I totally disagree ๐Ÿ˜›

Jayfrost
            September 19, 2016 at 2:29 am

Why, out of curiosity?

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Winterpaw
              September 20, 2016 at 3:07 am

Because I love Rowanstar. I do like Crowfrost, too, I wish he never died…but I love Rwanstar even more and I hope he lives for a long while.

Are you wondering why I like Rowanstar?

Jayfrost
                September 20, 2016 at 4:02 am

Gotcha. ^^ And yes. I don’t hate him or anything, though I do hate how he fought so hard to take Violetkit from her sister and adopted mother where she was happy, and then proceeded to let his Clanmates ignore and make fun of Violetkit once they had her. ๐Ÿ˜› And I just adored Crowfrost so much. ๐Ÿ˜€

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Dewsplash
        September 19, 2016 at 2:34 am

I also agree. ๐Ÿ˜

• September 19, 2016 at 2:45 am

Me too, even though Rowanstar got a little better in this book. Crowfrost rocked it!

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

6. Snowflower
    September 18, 2016 at 2:24 am

Kate, what gender is Icewing’s kit Pricklekit?

September 18, 2016 at 11:16 am

Male.
      (Technically, his sex is male; I’m not sure which gender he identifies with.:P (Just saying’, as an old-school feminist, “sex” and “gender” are not the same thing.) )

• Cookiemouth
        September 18, 2016 at 11:20 am

Yey! A tom!
        Can you tell us what he looks like?

September 18, 2016 at 11:38 am

White with brown tabby patches on his head and back. Green eyes like his mother.

• Snowflower
        September 19, 2016 at 1:09 am

Okay, thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ Is Pricklekit in StarClan?

September 19, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Yup

• Winterpaw
        September 19, 2016 at 2:07 am

You don’t know how awesome it is for you to say that, Kate

Pleaaaaaseeee include something LGBT

September 19, 2016 at 12:25 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ I wish I had that power. The idea of writing a gay cat is beyond awesome ๐Ÿ˜€

• Cookiemouth
            September 19, 2016 at 12:28 pm

You are not allowed to because it’s a childrens book, right?
            I just wondered.

• Shadepaw (Shadefeather)
            September 19, 2016 at 12:33 pm

I’m sure you do have that power

• Winterpaw
            September 20, 2016 at 3:07 am

AAAAAA YOU’RE SO PERFECT

September 20, 2016 at 10:22 am

๐Ÿ‘ผ

7. Shadowpaw
    September 18, 2016 at 2:48 am

Oh wow… I’m an idiot. I took a close look at the TSS cover and fianlly realized it was Twigpaw and Violet. The gray one is Twigpaw and the cover designers finally remembered Violetpaw is white with black splotches and they’re looking at each other like… they loathe each other. Pretty much the way they feel at the end of TaS. This whole time I thought it was Dovewing and Bumblestripe. ๐Ÿ˜›

• September 18, 2016 at 3:13 am

Oh XD I kinda wish it was Dovewing and Bumblestripe and they got back together ๐Ÿ˜›

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

Awesomeness!

• September 18, 2016 at 4:37 pm

We don’t know for sure yet, they only went on a hunting date together ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐ŸŒŠ Queen of Canon Correcting๐ŸŒŠ

• Amberstorm233
      September 18, 2016 at 7:14 pm

I really don’t like this ship. Seriously, it’s bad enough most warriors are related to Firestar at this point. the last thing we need is for Firestar’s kin to already be breeding amongst themselves. And I know the Clans are already interbred, however it shouldn’t happen as fast as it had, especially with the amount of kittypets and longer welcomed into ThunderClan. And it doesn’t help when most of the younger warriors in ThunderClan are killed off for no reason.

• Russetfeather
        September 18, 2016 at 8:19 pm

I know! I ship her with Mousewhisker. I did ship her with Foxleap but they killed him. ๐Ÿ˜‘ And there is a lot of interbreeding but in most cases you have to look back in family trees to figure it out. It’s been stated that these cats are kin.

• Amberheart
          September 20, 2016 at 4:21 am

I am actually glad that Ivypool is getting a mate and I don’t really care who her mate is to be honest. She just needs someone to love her when she gets off that straight and narrow path every once in awhile. She also deserves to be happy with whoever she ends up with which Kate and the other writers will put her with who ever they think is best for her to be with. Even though they like to hear from all their fans about it.

If you have noticed alot of the cats in all the clans are kin they are either cousins, uncles, nephews, nieces, or what not, but they still end up mates. Sometimes that is how it is in real life even which is every weird, but for animals its actually very common and a lot of people don’t really take notice in it.

I do agree with you about Ivypool and Mouswhisker might of been a couple that would of worked. I mean I think whoever Ivypool ends up with will work her personality and everything about her will mash with alot of tom’s personalities. Maybe Kate just seen something special between Fernsong and Ivypool that the fans haven’t yet seen yet. As for her and Foxleap on the wiki under his Trivia it had said that Kate had said on her blog that she thought Foxleap and Ivypool might of been a couple that would of worked out, BUT it said that Vicky later confirmed that Ivypool and Foxleap will not be mates.

Kate, That has actually made a question pop in my mind. I was wondering why that was that Foxleap and Ivypool wasn’t mates?

• Cougartail
            December 27, 2016 at 6:05 am

Well… Foxleap was Ivypool’s uncle, so they still would have been related (and more closely related than Fernsong and Ivypool are). Foxleap seemed to be flirting with Dovewing at one point too, until I guess they realized the uncle thing….or just had other plans for Dove.

• Jaypaw Can't Think Of A New Year's Name
      December 27, 2016 at 10:33 pm

I ship just about anything, but still, I ship it. <3

9. Snowleaf
    September 18, 2016 at 7:14 am

I actually didn’t like Apprentice’s Quest, and stalled out somewhere around chapter 14 without finishing it. However, I was riveted by Thunder And Shadow and stayed up until 6am reading it. I have to say, this plot is taking a twist I never knew Warriors was capable of, and I’m so happy NeedlexAlder is just about dead… among other things.

10. Morningdew
    September 18, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Hi Kate! Are Needle and Rain REALLY mates? I think Needle is a bit… young for a mate ๐Ÿ˜€

๐ŸพStep for step๐Ÿพ

September 18, 2016 at 5:27 pm

But just the right age for a crush ๐Ÿ˜›

• Morningdew
        September 18, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Oh, I know what you mean ;D

๐ŸพStep for step๐Ÿพ

• Morningdew
          September 18, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I hope they’ll have kits!

๐ŸพStep for step๐Ÿพ

• Snowflower
        September 19, 2016 at 1:11 am

Wait, so Needletail only has a crush on Rain? I feel like she is going to have his kits though…

September 19, 2016 at 12:33 pm

W.A.S

• December 27, 2016 at 10:32 am

What does W.A.S stand for?

• Christmas Cakestar
              December 27, 2016 at 8:08 pm

W.A.S! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ (irritating, aren’t I?)

• Russet The Red Nosed Reindeer
              December 27, 2016 at 8:26 pm

It means wait and see

She's a modโ€ฆthat talks!

• Cougartail
      December 27, 2016 at 6:11 am

Honestly, (and I know this is a bit strange) I kind of expected Needle to get pregnant while still an apprentice (I thought this when I read the Apprentice’s Quest). Biologically it is possible, and I thought she was pretty secretively flirtatious in the first book, and more obvious in the second. And Needle is so into living a “dangerous” lifestyle and one that doesn’t follow the rules, I’d almost expect her to take him as a mate early. It might be interesting to introduce the problems of teen pregnancy… we got a hint of addiction with Rocky in Mothflight’s Vision being addicted to catnip. It would be interesting to see a Clan cat struggle with having kits earlier than is acceptable or easy. But I’m guessing that wouldn’t work for the books?