Did Ashfur deserve to go to Starclan? by Dewfeather

Ashfur-warrior-cats-forever-30356611-715-1024

Dewfeather debates if Ashfur deserved to go to StarClan

Yep, we’re getting into this. So I’ve seen tons of people saying stuff like “Thistleclaw murders nobody yet ends up in the Dark Forest, Ashfur attempts murder on four cats, and still gets into Starclan and Yellowfang makes excuses for him.” I do and don’t agree with that. Yes, Ashfur was a total psychopath attempting to murder Squirrelflight, Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather years after Squirrelflight rejected him. (Come on Ashfur, it’s time you move on.) But I don’t think he deserved to go to the Dark Forest.

Ashfur really wasn’t a violent cat like Thistleclaw, who attacked a kit (Scourge) and was a big bully to everyone but Snowfur. Thistleclaw enjoyed fighting, and would have led the clan into many unnecessary battles had he become deputy. He even died as he lived, fighting a Riverclan patrol by himself. And it is possible that Thistleclaw did get into Starclan, but it is mentioned in the books that after Bluestar died, she chased Thistleclaw into the Dark Forest. Thistleclaw is probably happy where he is, with Tigerstar, Darkstripe, Mapleshade, and all the other evil cats. But Ashfur wasn’t aggressive like Thistleclaw.

Ashfur was driven by a desire for revenge after Squirrelflight rejected him. I think it wasn’t Squirrelfligh he was angry at, and he still loved her, but Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight’s mate. He probably only wanted Squirrelflight and her kits to die because he wanted to make Brambleclaw miserable. So when Hollyleaf killed Ashfur, Ashfur was accepted into Starclan by only two votes. When you think about it, Ashfur isn’t like Tigerstar or the others. I can’t imagine Ashfur training warriors in the Dark Forest, either. Yellowfang said Ashfur’s only fault was he loved too much, and in a way, Yellowfang is guilty of the same thing. Even when Yellowfang became a medicine cat, she couldn’t stop seeing Raggedpelt. She loved Brokenstar even when he turned evil, and was hurt to kill him, even if it was for the adopted clan she loved. All Ashfur wanted to do was to be with the cat he loved, Squirrelflight.

So I hope I’ve answered your questions. In my opinion, Ashfur does not deserve to go to the Dark Forest. I still don’t know if I like that he’s in StarClan, though. If only there was a place cats who did terrible things but weren’t evil enough for the Dark Forest could go.

Similar Posts:

80 Replies to “Did Ashfur deserve to go to Starclan? by Dewfeather”

1. Rainpaw
    September 17, 2016 at 5:36 pm

But…. I would like to point out that Thistleclaw did not attack Tiny, Tigerpaw did. Tiny came close to death, and Tigerpaw didn’t have to hurt him that much. Thistleclaw simply said: “Teach him a lesson.” That could mean a notch to the ear or just a shallow scratch. Or just chasing him away! It was Tigerpaw who chose how badly Tiny got hurt, not Thistleclaw. Also, Ashfur took one of Firestar’s lives via fox trap. Thistleclaw didn’t betray his clan…. srry 4 me rant……..

Jayfrost
      September 17, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Yes, but Thistleclaw encouraged him, and he could clearly see how badly Tigerpaw was hurting the kit. He even heard Tigerpaw say, “Say goodbye, kittypet” out loud, clearly indicating Tigerpaw meant to kill the kit, and did nothing to stop him. He even got mad at Bluefur when she stepped in to save Tiny’s life.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Birchfoot
        September 17, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Also, Thistleclaw could have stepped in if he didn’t believe Tigerpaw should have been attacking the kit like that. But he didn’t.

• Rainpaw
          September 17, 2016 at 7:14 pm

I guess that’s true…. But it’s just what I believe.

• Amberstorm233
        September 21, 2016 at 3:01 am

Bluestar also could’ve done something instead of sitting there. I mean if Thistleclaw’s so bad for not stepping in, even though he and Tigerpaw share most of the blame, Bluestar sat there and did nothing whileTiny was attacked. I say she has about 30% of the blame while Thistleclaw and Tigerpaw share the other 70%

Jayfrost
          September 21, 2016 at 3:38 am

Agreed.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Rainpaw
      September 17, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Also, Thistleclaw never KILLED A CAT FROM HIS OWN CLAN.

• Aquapaw(cloud)
      September 17, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Ashfur was an insane, maniac who did not deserve to go to Starclan. He tried to murder 3 cats and actually did kill one (if you count losing a life dying). Those cats were in his own Clan.

• Sky
        September 17, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Agreed

Happy 10th Anniversary, Blog!

• Brightkit
          October 1, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Also agreed. Ashfur is my least favorite character. Also, I don’t see how Yellowfang and Ashfur relate other than they both have gray fur…but everybody has their own opinions. 🙂

• Brightkit
            October 1, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Well, I mean they both were rejected by their mates, but that is where similarities end. Also, Yellowfang’s excuse for Ashfur joining StarClan WAS sorta weak, and Ashfur probably should go to the Dark Forest, but that’s just my point of view. There, my rant is over.

2. Silverpaw
    September 23, 2016 at 5:01 pm

I may not be remembering this clearly, but I think that Ashfur said that he wasn;t mad at Brambleclaw. I’m pretty sure he was even one of the cats who supported him as deputy, but I’m not sure.

He claimed that his real quarrel was with her, that it was always with her. He wanted Squirrelflight to understand how it felt to have evything she loved taken from her, so thats why he plotted to kill her ‘kits’ and Firestar.

However, this was a really good article. In my opinion, Ashfur sucks but we all have our opinion and I won’t judge yours.

Jayfrost
      September 23, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Actually, he was against Brambleclaw becoming deputy, and even accused Leafpool of making up her sign from StarClan that Brambleclaw was meant to be deputy, because Brambleclaw’s mate is Leafpool’s sister and he claimed she faked the sign because they were family.

But yes, he did say that his quarrel was with Squirrelflight.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

3. October 4, 2016 at 2:37 pm

I think that he should he may have tried to kill but he never dose. mapleshade[stories simaler] did kill cats. if firestar saw it as a problum he would have exiled him becuase he did the same to darkstripe when he helped tigerstar ashfur helped kill him when hawkfrost set a trap. so he should be in starclan he also forgave squirralflight.

Jay the Ripper
      October 4, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Firestar didn’t know anything about Ashfur trying to kill Squirrelflight’s kits or himself – otherwise, I’m fairly certain he would have exiled him. He tried to murder four innocent cats. And forgiving Squirrelflight… she didn’t need to be forgived? Because she didn’t do anything wrong? He’s the one that did something wrong, and he never apologized for it or showed any remorse or indication that he would try to be a better cat when he was still alive. He only let the Three live because he found an even better way to hurt Squirrelflight.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Sky
        August 26, 2017 at 12:49 am

Agreeeeedddd millions times

Happy 10th Anniversary, Blog!

• April 24, 2018 at 8:06 pm

I agree too…

4. Sky
    June 12, 2017 at 8:16 pm

If you think that, then Brightflower, Lilywhisker, Mapleshade, and Tangleburr should be in StarClan – which I think they should be. Brightflower, Lilywhisker, and Tangleburr didn’t do anything wrong and Mapleshade loved too much too.
    Also, Thistleclaw wasn’t that bad. He never tried killing anyone in his Clan.
    Also, Ashfur was definetly phyco. Look at Anikin Skywalker! He “loved too much” and that made fear, anger, and violence. Yeah, he got redemption, but Ashfur did not. Revenge drove him. He should be in the DF. Period.

• Goldenpetal
      June 29, 2017 at 3:55 pm

agreed and not just that he knew about Firestar in the fox trap and did squat to save him! Who cares if Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw are together GET OVER IT! JEEZ! I understand Mapleshade I really don’t think she was that bad of a cat at least not at first. Of course the way her own clan treated her and how RiverClan (and her mate!) treated her was awful. And losing her kits was devastating for her….I still think she should have a chance to be with her kits. Thistleclaw was a good cat Until he started training in the Dark Forest that obviously twisted him around. But he was a good father

• Sky
        July 16, 2017 at 5:51 pm

IK! Someone who shares my opinions!!!

• Larkfeather
        February 24, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Totally agree! Mapleshade was treated horribly by her AND her mate’s Clan’s, which is different from Ashfur’s case, which was ‘I’m gonna kill everyone cuz my crush doesn’t like me back’. I mean really? Being upset because Squirrelflight rejects you is one thing, going around and attempting to murder every cat Squirrelflight loves is another.

• April 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm

I know your right but give him a break his dead now and is upset about that he can’t hurt anyone and he’s hurt even more because Squrrielflight had sparkpelt and alderheart and I love alderheart but a fact from Kate was that sparkpelt gets a mate and then he leaves her for another she-cat so yeah give Ashfur a break because he has to see her other to kits in starclan that died

• Nightflower
      July 16, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Yep ! Agreed. Also, nice article 😉

Nightyyy

• Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
      September 17, 2017 at 6:31 pm

I quite like Tangleburr
      And I do agree with the article Ashfur should be in StarClan if Yellowfang can get in then he can

5. Sky
    July 16, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Ashfur freaked out and tried killing four innocent cats. Had he succeeded, two cats would have been exiled.

And why?
    ……BECAUSE A GIRL WOULDN’t MARRY HIM.

Happy 10th Anniversary, Blog!

6. DawnPAW who is nervous for middle school!
    August 9, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Im gonna say my opinion.
    I think Ashfur should go to the dark forest. He didn’t kill the three? Well, thats cause he found a better way to hurt squirrelflight. And he was in on killing firestar, which means betraying the clan and everyone else… just because squirrelflight didn’t love him back. Think of squirrelflights pov. Your mate spends time w his half brother, a d you feel betrayed a bit, so you’d want a friend to comfort you. Ashfur, who loves her and thinks that her and Brambleclaw have broken up, tries to be her mate. But then squirrelflight realizes her heart still belonged to brambleclaw, so she says that Brambleclaw is still her mate, and that she was just looking for a friend, not a replacement. Ashfur then gets hurt, not respecting that, and wants to hurt her. Thats jist how i see it, with no comparisons
    Dawnpaw OUT

• Sky
      August 26, 2017 at 12:48 am

Agreed.

Happy 10th Anniversary, Blog!

• Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
      September 17, 2017 at 6:39 pm

I don’t think he should have gone to the dark forest, he was mad with grief I have an article waiting to be published about characters that might have made Ashfur mad
      (It was all Firestar and Ferncloud’s fault), not really

• Sky
        September 17, 2017 at 6:47 pm

He had friends. He was more popular than Bramblestar. He could have found another she-cat, waited a bit, stopped brooding and whining.

Happy 10th Anniversary, Blog!

7. August 25, 2017 at 9:57 pm

So I’m re-reading this and if Ashfur had succeeded in killing Jay, Lion and Holly would his situation not be a lot like Mapleshade’s? Would that mean she shouldn’t be in the Dark Forest? And if you believe she SHOULD be in the Dark Forest, shouldn’t Ashfur also be sent there?

• Sky
      August 25, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Yeah! Mapleshade = StarClan. I think she would have been a better cat in StarClan with her kits.

Happy 10th Anniversary, Blog!

• Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
        September 17, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Yeah Mapleshade in StarClan!!!!
        She inspired my name

• Brightkit
        October 1, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Exactly

8. Larkfeather
    February 24, 2018 at 8:19 pm

I really don’t agree with Yellowfang when she says ‘Ashfur’s only fault was loving too much’. There is a BIG difference from Ashfur feeling hurt when Squirrelflight rejected him, and Ashfur turning into a nut who wants to kill every cat Squirrelflight was close to, just to make her suffer. Not cool, dude! 😝

9. Brackenstorm
    May 7, 2018 at 11:12 pm

I think Thistleclaw should have gone to Starclan, because he did not really do anything wrong, but he did encourage Tigerstar to be evil and wanted to do battles all the time, where as Ashfur went to Starclan! he tried to kill Firestar (he took away a life) and later he tried to kill Squirrelflight, Jayfeather, Lionblaze and Hollyleaf! I don’t believe Thistleclaw is that bad but I don’t think Ashfur is that good!

10. July 22, 2018 at 4:46 pm

I think I’m the only one on this page that understands Ashfur. He made a mistake, he truly did. But he is not evil. He was a caring and affectionate mate to Squirrelflight while it lasted, and he loved his sister. Ashfur doesn’t belong in the Dark Forest. He was tinged by bitterness and desire, so he did what he thought would make him feel better. But his conscience would have been too much for him. He’s a good cat, I believe that. His only problem was blindness.

~Lost like tears in the rain~