Should Warriors be read in order? by Sunlake

Into the Wild

Sunlake debates whether you should read Warriors in order

Hello, Blogclan people (cats)! I’m Sunlake with my first article. Let’s get started!

The first Warriors book I read was Midnight. I didn’t realize it wasn’t the first book until much later. Even so, I enjoyed the story very much. I will always remember how halfway through the book, I jumped up in excitement. I had just figured out what an apprentice was. I read the whole New Prophecy series before going back to read the Original series.

By out of order, I mean reading one series before reading another taking place before the one you read.

Reasons for people to not read the arc in order:

-You get to dive into the middle of the mess without having to deal with slow introductions.

-You can still understand the plot and relations between cats by what is said and the actions done.

-Each series has it’s own separate plot. (Most major plot lines are finished by the end of the last book)

-Many characters are seen throughout the whole arc. This lets you connect plots, cats, and other related material.

-The allegiances are at the beginning of every book, making it easy to figure out who is who.

-All main characters are unique and tell their story clearly. (You can understand why someone believes something without too much background information)

– You can always read earlier series later. (When I went back and read the original series, I enjoyed seeing how all my favorite New Prophecy characters came to be)

-The excitement when you figure something out. (The feeling is totally worth the trouble)

If you have more, feel free to comment.

Reasons to read the arc in order:

-No sneak peeks and spoilers!

-Minor plot lines are continued through the series, so you already understand and acknowledge them.

-You don’t have to infer as much.

-You are able to watch the journey from beginning to end.

-If you have a limited memory, it’s easier to remember which character is in which book.

-You already know simple facts like what an apprentice is or what clans do. You know the Warriors world without having to guess.

-You can stay focused on the plot and don’t have to spend time wondering what’s going on with (insert character name).

-You’re a majority. This makes it easier to relate to other Warrior fans.

If you have more, comment below.

So it really depends on who you are and how you read. If you’re someone who doesn’t mind spoilers and can infer information easily, by all means, read the arc out of order. If you’re someone who hates spoilers and likes organization, read it in order. What ever you do, be confident of your choice and don’t be afraid to go to the other if it doesn’t work out.

Enjoy!

Similar Posts:

57 Replies to “Should Warriors be read in order? by Sunlake”

1. Mint Frost
    October 23, 2016 at 9:54 pm

I started with Fire and Ice not realizing it was series in an arc. My friend’s daughter used to own these books, and to keep them from being tossed out, I had taken them home to donate to the local library. I instantly fell in love with the concept of life in a feral cat colony from their points of view. I realized when I finished it that I needed to start from the beginning and immediately went onto Amazon and ordered the first complete series. While waiting for them to arrive, I started Bluestar’s Prophecy. Which I could not put down. Long story short, I had gotten my first complete arc and sat down to read them. Tore right thru them. And was discovering that there were several arcs and Super Editions and immediately started collecting them. By the time i had bought them, read them and was looking for a new book to read, the Dawn of the Clans arc had been released (all six books). And of course, they grabbed me too. I came across the Warriors Wiki and started cross referencing the many titles and the timeline of events for the entire series right around the middle of my reading the Dawn of the Clans. And had all of the books in all of the arcs, the Super Editions, the Novellas in print editions and was working on the Magna collections. And me being the kind of person who loves diving into a story line series from start to finish, made sure I got the Magnas as soon as possible. I then started reading all of the books a second time in chronological order. I just finished them in time for the first book in the Vision of Shadows arc.

And for the record, now every time I come across a feral cat and/or a stray I can’t help but automatically trying to name them after one of the cats from the books. I managed to make friends with a really sweet life like version of Turtle Tail. She’s more of a stray than feral. But she does greet me now with a joyful meow and her tail straight up in the air like a kit running to his mother. There are a couple more cats floating around where she lives, but they are not as willing to let me get near them (though they will eat the food I leave them). One of which is a straggly tabby that reminds me of Purdy. The other two are roughly the age of apprentices but I haven’t been able to get a close enough look at them to name them yet.

• October 24, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Ah, that’s cute. I’m glad you enjoyed the series. Keep reading!

2. February 19, 2018 at 5:47 pm

When I was first getting into warriors, I read the first book of the first series first and then read the second book of the second series not knowing there was more then one series, then I was very confused when they stories didn’t match up. Then when I looked into it I realized that I went back and read them. I ended up reading the first and second book of the 3rf series too because that’s what they had in my library. Until I collected the books myself and started from the beginning. Funny story. But I still love Warriors and still continue the journey.

3. February 19, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Ha nice article! I completely read them out of order, but not because I didn’t realize. Because I took FOREVER (maybe as in a week) to get the next book from the library so I just got whatever they had and read it… yup, slightly confusing. It’s possible I read say, The Forgotten Warrior, before even reading Dark River!

Revive my secret clan/my name!

• Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
      February 19, 2018 at 8:22 pm

I understand your name yet I don’t really celebrate Chinese New Year

This year is the year of the dog
      I was born in the year of the cockerel
      My brother was born in the year of the pig
      We were taught the story at school I can’t remeber a lot of it now though

Join TheTests #selfadvertising

4. February 19, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Nice article!! Tbh, I’m an read-in-order person, otherwise I stop reading the series altogether 😛 . I hate reading out of order, so I always make sure I know what the next book is before I actually start it 😛 . And I’m pretty sure if I did read it out of order, I’d get really confused and stop 😛 .

Keep sm;)ing

5. March 23, 2018 at 1:11 am

*Sigh* I actually read Omen of the Stars first, because it was the first Warrior books I saw in Barnes & Noble. *Facepaw*

BlogClan is life =^6_^=

6. Crater who just realized St. Patty’s Day is over (Craterpelt)
    March 24, 2018 at 2:51 am

(How I started warriors I wrote a lot and wasn’t going to delete it) I started not at the first book too! I read Dawn Of The Clans first! I bought it at Barn’s and Noble. I didn’t know which arc was first, so I thought can’t go wrong with Dawn, since that means the beginning. I finished DoTC, and then went to the public library to check out another. I wasn’t sure which arc to read now, and I went with The New Prophecy because that was the only arc that they had the first book of. So I read Midnight, and I had no idea what was happening because it is very different from DoTC. I actually thought Squirrelpaw was walking around wearing a crown! Then by the time I finished TNP I was really into the books and knew all about them. School started, so I checked out books from other school so I could read them. I checked out Into The Wild. I kinda already knew what happened because of reading TNP first (and the internet) but it was still excited. I soon introduced my friend into the series, who introduced another friend, and us talking about made other friends like it. At lunch we have a Warrior’s table. There is 6 people, but there is more who don’t read the books (we pretend they’re ShadowClan because we don’t like them 😛). And I don’t know what I’d do without warriors. We play that at recess and it’s fun. We’ve nearly gotten into trouble for fighting! But it’s fun! And later I discovered BlogClan looking up stuff and wow this got long 😛 and off topic.

(More on what this article is about) But I think you should read them in order. It makes a lot more sense and no spoilers (even though I read plenty of spoilers on the internet. I want to read more, but want to forget all of them. I knew how Firestar died before I started the third arc!) I wish I had read the first arc first, but I love warriors all the same.

Clicky on my Namey if you ❤️NTA

7. March 24, 2018 at 2:03 pm

I started with The Apprentice’s Quest because I didn’t know how the numbering system worked. I soon figured it out but I was already invested in the story and didn’t read the first arc until after Shattered Sky. I read Darkest Night after The Darkest Hour, Tales from the Clans at the same time as Twilight, Sunset, and The Sight, and Tigerheart’s Shadow after Dark River. Other than that I’ve read the series in order and it makes the story much easier to understand. I’m about halfway through Eclipse right now and Sol is staying in the ThunderClan camp.

Reading: Night Whispers