Millie: Jerk or Awesome by Swiftbriar

millie

Swiftbriar explores the reasons why Millie-haters… shouldn’t be Millie-haters

Millie haters I am going to claw your ears off. ( Unsheathes claws). Haha. Just kidding I come in peace. ( Sheathes claws). Okay, anyway several reasons why almost everyone hates her.

Second mate of Graystripe- Many ask why did Graystripe take Millie as his mate. But now some people are asking why she accepted. If she hadn’t accepted then, Briarlight, Blossomfall, and Bumblestripe would never have been born. So when Graystripe asks Millie to be his mate, and Millie refuses, this is what I imagine. “Millie I would like to take you as my mate.” “Oh, Graystripe, I can’t. You already had Sliverstream and you have to stay true. I’m sorry Graystripe. I so badly want to be with you, but you had a mate already.” “I understand. If you change your mind, I will wait.” “I know.”
See what would have happened?

Second most common reason:
Loves Briarlight “more”- Okay some people just don’t get this straight. When we all become parents, then we will, but right now, not so much. Millie was really worried about Briarlight when she became paralyzed in her hind-quarters, so of course she was worried about her. Now some people get this all wrong including some of ThunderClan. Now people think that she loved Briarlight more and never noticed Blossomfall, or Bumbblestripe, except when she told them off. And when Ivypool and Blossomfall get stuck in the tunnels and then come back to a very worried Clan, Millie says where had she been, she expected better then that and that Briarlight would give anything to beable to hunt and fight for her Clan and then Whitewing says this and that and Millie says this and that and blah blah blah. Anyway, my point is, she still loved Blossomfall and Bumbblestripe, but because of her worry for Briarlight, and the anxiety and stuff she was wanted her kits to work hard. This is something called tough love. And researchers say that children that grow up with parents like Millie, are going to grow up to be great people. I know what you’re going to say, yes I do, that Millie’s actions led Blossomfall to train in the Dark Forest. But what about now, did she stay true to ThunderClan, yes she did. So don’t complain about this so much.

Okay, I think I’ve talked enough sense into you.

Thanks for reading!!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Similar Posts:

None Found

43 Replies to “Millie: Jerk or Awesome by Swiftbriar”

1. Stonespook
    October 20, 2016 at 3:06 am

I don’t have anything against Millie for being Graystripe’s mate. I mean, sure, GrayXSilver will always be one of my favourite Warriors ships, but there wasn’t anything wrong with GrayXMillie.

I just don’t like her because of how she treated her other kits. Yes, she was devastated and worried about Briarlight after the accident, but that didn’t mean her other kits didn’t need attention too. Wouldn’t Briarlight’s siblings also be in shock and feel awful about what happened to their sister? (Correct me if I’m wrong, I haven’t read the books in a while ๐Ÿ˜› ) They were only apprentices, and that would be something huge to go through without their mother. Apprentices still need their mother. Everyone needs their mother. Of course, Briarlight needed more attention, but Millie smothered her and ignored Blossomfall and Bumblestripe.

I disagree with what you said about it not mattering that Millie drove Blossomfall to the Dark Forest. It shows just how much this neglect affected Blossomfall. She stayed with her Clan in the end because she’s a loyal cat at heart, not because she didn’t care about her mother abandoning her.

I understand that Millie was really shocked and the accident affected her greatly. It must be easier seeing it from an outside perspective, like we do. Maybe if Millie could think clearly, things would be different. It’s at times like these that Warriors need psychologist ๐Ÿ˜›

Anyways. Nice article, and thanks for the opportunity for a friendly debate ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Embers Flickering After Halloween Dawn
    October 20, 2016 at 3:18 am

Nice article, Swiftbriar!

Embix: writer, photographer

3. October 20, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Nice article! Honestly Millie isn’t half bad. She was a very worried parent for her disabled child. That has to be terrible!

4. Fern Shadows in Pumpkin Lanterns (Fernfall)
    October 20, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Finally! I’m so glad that someone is willing to stick up for Millie, it’s about time ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Shimmerfeather
    October 21, 2016 at 6:19 am

I AGREE SO MUCH I LIKE MILLIE OK

6. Hawkpaw (Hawkblaze)
    October 22, 2016 at 9:11 pm

I like Millie. She isn’t really on my favorite ten list, but not my least favorite either

7. Appleberry
    October 24, 2016 at 4:48 am

you made me like millie a bit, as i really didnt like her before. i just hated that she obsesses over briarlight. thanks for changing my view a bit. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Mapleleaf that is trying to be Willowbreeze but still is Mapleleaf (Trust me)
    February 18, 2017 at 5:14 am

Millie is OK…

9. Sky
    June 10, 2017 at 12:00 pm

Millie’s terrible. She struts in, flashes a smile, becomes Graystripe’s mate, they have kits, they grow, Briarlight’s legs are broken, and she hates her other kits. Even Graystripe found her bad. If Silverstream got a chance to be a mother she’d be a million times better the cat.
    And the Erins confirmed that Graystripe would choose Silverstream in StarClan

Jayfrost
      June 10, 2017 at 4:14 pm

She didn’t just “strut in, flash a smile” and become his mate. There were three full books dedicated to building up the relationship between her and Graystripe, which is more than I can say for Silverstream, they fell in love and became mates off-screen. I really liked how they developed their relationship and Milie’s personality. She left her twolegs behind for him and helped him find his Clanmates again. I agree that she wasn’t a great mother to Blossomfall and Bumblestripe after Briarlight was injured, but she didn’t hate them, she was just neglectful because she was so focused on Briarlight.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Sparktooth
        July 22, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Jayfrost that’s a great point! I’m totally with you on that. That’s the reason I always liked GrayXMillie a lot more than GrayXSliver ever since they came into the series. Graystripe and Millie’s relationship was a lot more dedicated to building it in the process of multiple books. (Kinda like Firestar and Sandstorm). Where as Silverstream and Graystripe met, fell in love, and had kits in the process of two books. I don’t have anything against, GrayXSilver, but I feel these two were more thought-through. (If that makes sense). I should write an article on this topic. Anyway, that’s my opinion. ๐Ÿ˜€

• July 28, 2017 at 6:15 am

Jayfrost I agree. Millie neglected her kits because she was worried about Briarlight and her injured back. And she didn’t walk in, flash a smile, and become his mate. There is a long relationship between them in three books. Silverstream is the one who SWAM in, flashed a smile and became his mate. Mille and Graystripes relationship is really developed more than Graystripe and Silverstream. Gray x Mille for life!
        Also, I like more developed couples like Firestar x Sandstorm, Leafpool x Crowfeather, Graystripe x Millie, and so on. Couples like Firepaw x Spottedleaf, Feathertail\Nightcloud x Crowfeather, Graystripe x Silverstream, etc, really get on my nerves.
        I’m not trying to hate on Silverstream or anything, but I honestly like Millie more than Silverstream. Because I need to lower it down, I don’t like it when Millie snapped at her other kits when she was with Briarlight. It made me a bit upset at Millie. But for the most part, I love Millie!

Echobreeze

10. Mistleheart
    July 20, 2017 at 8:25 pm

I don’t have anything against Millie being Graystripe’s second mate. What I really hate for her is for neglecting her other kits when Briarlight was injured. Sure, Millie was worried, but that doesn’t mean she should have thrown aside her other kits and snapped at them when there was no reason to.

Blackbird