941 Replies to “Hawkwing’s Journey Spoiler Page”

1. darkmist
    February 16, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Here are my thoughts on Hawkwing’s Journey. Loved it way more than I expected. Duskpaw’s death at the beginning was so well done, and Hawkwing’s relationships in SkyClan (with Pebbleshine (then paw), his father, his mother, with Leafstar and Waspwhisker) were really well established. I only wish they’d fleshed out his relationships with his sisters and with his mentor, Ebonyclaw. This would have made the moments when Cloudmist decided to stay behind with Cherrytail and also when Ebonyclaw chose her twolegs over SkyClan have a little more gravity.
    I also wish they’d given the elders time. After all they’re characters we’ve seen before and love – Patchfoot, Clovertail and Fallowfern. I have to say I was sad to see them all in the Elder’s den so soon. I always thought Patchfoot and Clovertail would have another litter together, and I didnt get the impression that Fallowfern was ever much older than Waspwhisker. Did she retire early due to her blindness? Anyway Patchfoot died in the battle with the rogues, they never found Fallowfern after the battle and Clovertail got taken as well so I guess we’ll never know.

My favourite part of the whole book was the battle where Darktail finally revealed his true colours. I kinda wish I’d read this before AVOS because if I didn’t know Darktail was bad, it would’ve made that part of the book all the more intense. When he suddenly killed Bouncefire, and then Sharpclaw’s death… SO SAD!! His relationship with Hawkwing was so great and rich.

Another favourite thing for me in the book was Hawkwing himself. I found him a relatable and original character. I really did. And his and Pebbleshine’s relationship gave me all the FirexSand feels and I LOVED IT. But….
    I hate to but a downer on it but……. Hawkwing and Pebbleshine are cousins. Like direct cousins. Hawkwing’s mother (Cherrytail) and Pebbleshine’s father (Sparrowpelt) are siblings. But let me make this very, very clear. I do not have a problem with cousins being mates in warriors. It’s even not illegal in some parts of the world today – i dont have a problem with it. But the Erin’s seemingly do. I read once that Vicky planned for Foxleap and Rosepetal to become mates (which would’ve been so perfect) but then she realised they were technically related (Rosepetal’s father (Spiderleg) is Foxleap’s brother) and decided they couldn’t be mates and consequently made Foxleap one of the cats who died after the battle with the Dark Forest!! But they’re happy to make two cats even closer in relation full-blown, kit-bearing mates? It annoys me. All mates in ThunderClan are related (apart from maybe Cloudtail and Brightheart)… it shouldn’t be a big deal!! Anyway I’m glad they didn’t realise Hawkwing and Pebbleshine were cousins because they’re relationship was amazing and it was so sad when she got taken away (they are incredibly strong candidates for Twigpaw and Violetpaw’s parents, although I’m not abandoning the idea that at least one of the two might be Dovewing and Tigerheart’s or Darktail’s).

Another theory I have – Sparkpelt might have a lot more to do with his arc than we’ve been led to believe. She’s a strong supporting character in the Apprentice’s Quest, but she’s less important in Thunder and Shadow. I was starting to believe she would just be Alderheart’s friendly, loyal sister BUT when I read this I realised that she is quite probably the “spark that remains.” Her name is SPARKpelt and she is a direct descendant of Firestar. It makes total sense!! Maybe she, Alderheart, Twigpaw and Violetpaw are all meant to save SkyClan together. Or maybe Alderheart’s the spark and it’s just a coincidence that his sister is called Sparkpelt. I want to know more!! Can’t wait for Shattered Sky.

katmione grangerdeen

• RANDOMSTAR/ Stormjay
      February 22, 2017 at 4:14 pm

I agree with everything you just said

• Mapleleaf that is trying to be Willowbreeze but still is Mapleleaf (Trust me)
        March 6, 2017 at 2:20 am

ME TOO.

2. Junipersong
    February 19, 2017 at 8:33 am

I didn’t like hawkwing’s journey at first and was tempted to return it to the library, but i think the glory of reading every warriors book kept me going. I loved it at the end, and it revealed a lot of facts about the recent installments of skyclan, which is helping me with a fan fiction i’m writing…๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

3. February 20, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Kate, who was in charge of writing Hawkwing’s Journey? Why are the names so strange???
    The only explanation that I can think of for some of SkyClan’s names is that the former kittypets and loners named their kits after their kittypet friends. How else would we get things like Curlypaw, Fidgetpaw, and Snippaw? Or Frecklewish, Billystorm, Harveymoon, or Harrybrook?

Minty The Amazing

• Kate Cary
      February 22, 2017 at 11:11 am

It was created by Cherith and the editorial team that replaced Vicky after the Last Hope.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Stoatkit Isn't Logged In
        February 22, 2017 at 1:46 pm

So, it’s a team instead of a person now? I didn’t know that! {i’m so behind aren’t i}

• Kate Cary
          February 23, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Yhuh. ๐Ÿ™‚

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Rainpaw
        February 22, 2017 at 4:25 pm

๐Ÿ˜ฎ What? What happened to Vicky?

Mrrrow.

• Flashtail
      February 22, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Frecklewish, Billystorm and Harveymoon were all kittypets. Harrybrook is Billystorm’s son. Not really sure about Curlypaw, Fidgetpaw and Snipkit. Have you read Skyclan’s Destiny and Skyclan and the Stranger?

• February 22, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Billystorm, Frecklewish, and Harveymoon used to be kittypets, and Harrybrook was named after Harry, a kittypet who helped Leafstar (who was actually Sol ๐Ÿ˜ฃ )

• Sundance
      February 22, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Curlypaw is okay . . . Fidgetpaw and Snippaw are on the spectrum of weird. ๐Ÿ˜› Then again, it’s SkyClan. They love their funky names, hahaha!

• Jayflight (formerly Snowheart)
        February 22, 2017 at 6:18 pm

i know, right?!

• Gummypaw
        March 6, 2017 at 6:21 am

I should go to SkyClan then ๐Ÿ˜›

I'm out of siggie ideas

4. Ebonygaze
    February 24, 2017 at 2:41 am

What if Needletail is Hawkwing’s kit?

• Winterpaw
      February 25, 2017 at 3:43 am

Berryheart and Sparrowtail are her parents. ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Bluebellkit
    February 26, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Kate since Skystar appeared in this book in StarClan are we going to see Thunderstar, Shadowstar, Windstar and Riverstar again as StarClan cats because I feel like they should appear sometime as StarClan cats again and the last time we saw them in StarClan was in Long Shadows I just feel like they should appear again

From Bluebellkit

6. Flamepaw (Flameheart)
    March 5, 2017 at 7:54 am

I feel so sad about reading this book. I accidentally read ahead of where I was at and started crying but at the same time I started coming up with theory’s. Right now really I’m just waiting for Shattered Sky which I will probably finish in one day and then I will be sad again…. I’m sad just thinking about what happened to Pebbleshine… STUPID CHICKENS!!! I could barley get past half because of Darktail. I think there is some thing wrong with me.

Pre order all da books!!!

7. Morningdew
    March 5, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Good morning, Kate!
    I’m so happy the spring is (finally!) here. I hope you’ve also got lots of flowers in your garden ๐Ÿ™‚ They make the spring so… springy!
    To my question: I was a bit surprised as Hawkwing found out Duskpaw wanted to save him, not Pebblepaw. Was Duskpaw egoistic? I understand everybody would say, “Of course you must save her first, not me!”, to show your live costs fewer than the live of your Clanmate, to show how heroic you are, so you don’t realize how important live IS. But when you’re in danger you only want to save your own live, like a sensitive rose, what needs a perfect place with short 5-10 cm grass and a temperature of 34, 24ยฐC. You are afraid of the Death, a woman (or maybe a she-cat!) with black hair and white skin. When you come too near to her, she tries to get this beatiful rose for her new hat. And in that moment you, automatically, run away from her. But when you’ve got no escape, like Duskpaw, you feel naked, she scares you. But she also scares your clanmate, who is laying in agony beside you. When you can’t help yourself out of the situation, you cry for help to save YOUR life as it was inborn. Your clanmate’s life means nothing more to you.
    So, what do you think: Was it egoistic from his site, or not?
    I wish you a great (springy!) day!

๐ŸพStep for step๐Ÿพ

8. Lily That Shines Like Dawn
    March 6, 2017 at 3:44 am

Hawkwing’s Journey really didn’t phase me until I realized the whole, “OMSC Twigkit looks like Hawkwing Imma freak out” thing. I think it would be cool if Pebbleshine’s kits were Twigpaw and Violetpaw. But im not that excited. Im more excited for all the Alderheart/ Sparkpelt BIZ. i really want to see AVOS with Sparkpelt’s POV.

Be-claws I Said So