Analysis: ShadowClan Stereotypes?

shadowclan_symbol“…a lot of the most hated cats come from ShadowClan.”

Hey guys! Mistlepaw back again with another article, and in this one, we’ll be talking about how 99.99% of cats in Warriors say ShadowClan are fox-hearts.

Soooooo… straight to the point. ShadowClan mostly gives everyone the impression that they’re dark, gloomy, evil, etc. What I hate is how most people judge ShadowClan for have the word “shadow” in it. It’s true, ShadowClan does seem to have a darker influence, but they’re a Clan, and they need to survive!

Though most of the cats in the Dark Forest do originally come from ThunderClan, ShadowClan always seems to describe a villain-y, dark forest, but ShadowClan is a Clan like any other. Leopardstar was disliked for being in love with Tigerstar, and the Erins describe most ShadowClan cats as ambitious, bloodthirsty, battle-hungry, and stupid. I personally like ShadowClan a lot (I love Tawny, Little, and Flame :D), and honestly, a lot of the most hated cats come from ShadowClan.

If you look closer, MOST of ShadowClan has a reason for doing what they do. Brokenstar was neglected as a kit, Blackstar was just following the warrior code by following Tigerstar, and Tigerheart was Just trying to save Littlecloud. There are some cats that I’m not going to make excuses for (ahem, Needletail), but please, I don’t like seeing ShadowClan at the bottom of every favorite Clan list. This is just my opinion though, so feel free to post yours. πŸ˜€

Hmmmm…. short article today.

Similar Posts:

53 Replies to “Analysis: ShadowClan Stereotypes?”

1. Brookepaw(Brookefeather)
    November 19, 2016 at 12:06 am

Shadowclan has been my 3rd favorite character for a long time, but ever since the rogues came, they became my 2nd favorite. I feel bad for Rowanstar.

2. Icekit

ThunderClan
      WindClan

• Fluffpaw // flufftail // flufflepuff
      November 23, 2016 at 5:29 am

River clan
      Windclan
      Thunderclan and shadowclan are tied .-.

• wollow (whos too lazy to sign in)
      November 23, 2016 at 5:39 am

1- RiverClan
      2 – ShadowClan
      3 – WindClan and ThunderClan

• Willow That Replaced the Christmas Tree (Willowstep)
        December 10, 2016 at 10:00 pm

December 8, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Riverclan
      Skyclan/Thunderclan
      Shadowclan
      Windclan

3. November 22, 2016 at 3:29 am

I disagree with Blackstar. The warrior code states that if the leader is outside the warrior code, you don’t have to follow them.

4. JayJay
    November 22, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I think it’s for that reason exactly, ShadowClan being so dark, that fuels the reasons for why I don’t the Clan, or really, a lot of the cats in it.

5. Owlfeather
    November 23, 2016 at 9:00 pm

i agree with you about needletail (she does’nt deserve a capital) i used to like her but then she started being mean to Violitpaw. about Shadowclan…………..

1 Riverclan
    2 Skyclan
    3 Thunderclan
    4 SHADOWCLAN
    5 Windclan

=^..^=

6. Moonfeather
    November 27, 2016 at 5:47 pm

I just realised that lots of people (including me) put windclan🌬 at the bottom of their list

7. Swiftpaw
    November 28, 2016 at 6:25 am

What people disregard is that ShadowClan and ThunderClan were at in very similar position in Into the Wild. Only difference is, Brokenstar had already gained leadership, while Tigerclaw was not in power yet. Nice article! πŸ™‚

• Swiftpaw
      November 28, 2016 at 6:33 am

And here’s my ranked list of the Clans:

1. SkyClan
      Reasoning: I like how SkyClan has maintained a culture that differs from that of the main Clans. It feels more tolerant and open towards non-Clan cats, and I enjoy that. It’s very unique! πŸ˜‰
      2. ShadowClan
      Reasoning: As of late, ShadowClan’s been fine. They’re more interesting because while they seem like the villains from ThunderClan’s perspective more often than not, from their point of view ThunderClan is the evil one.
      3. RiverClan
      Reasoning: They’re cool, what else can I say.
      4. WindClan
      Reasoning: I’m no fan of Onestar or the cuurent state of WindClan, but I enjoyed them in the first arc. Tallstar had some glaring flaws, but in the end he was a brilliant leader. I also enjoy WindClan’s general culture.
      5. ThunderClan
      Reasoning: Honestly, if you look at them through the perspectives of the other Clans, they’re often the antagonists. The books tend to pander to them, and I don’t hate them by any means, but they’re still my least favorite.

8. December 4, 2016 at 7:38 pm

ShadowClan is just like ThunderClan, the only big personality difrance is that ShadowClan cats tend to be mor secretive which makes them look shady.

9. Dawn That Shines on Lily (Dawnlily)
    December 6, 2016 at 4:32 am

It really annoys me when clan leaders wont listen to their clans, and end up messing things up. like onestar, when he flipped out after the rouges attacked and furzepelt died, and he lost a life. his clan was obviously terrified of him, and he wouldnt listen to any of the leaders ideas. i know there are a lot of mary sues, and thunderclan tends to be the “main” clan, but if the clans are going survive, they need to talk instead of argue like a bunch of apprentices. (no offense to ppl on here with apprentice usernames)

just my opinion. also heres my list of favorite clans, favorite to least favorite.

1. SkyClan
    Reasoning- Because they got back up after they were driven out, AND because they stayed so strong after darktail (ugh i hate him) took over
    2. RiverClan
    Reasoning- They seem to be the most laid back clan. and because i like water. heh.
    3. ThunderClan
    Reasoning- They are not blinded by stupid stuff, and think about what is right. they come off as bossy, but i see them as a pretty smart group of cats who only want to help.
    4. ShadowClan
    Reasoning- Tigerheart, Tawnypelt, Rowanstar, Violetpaw. The rest of the clan turned their backs on these cats, in my opinion. i like ShadowClan, I really do, but what kind of heartless mouse brains would rather live with selfish rouges than a clan? ugh.
    5, Windclan
    Reasoning- Onestar turned all their decent warriors into agressive cats with a thirst for blood. I thought that onestar becoming leader would be better, but i just dont like his personality as much as when the clans lived in the forest.

These are all based on my opinions. If you disagree, take it to uh….hmm….ITS-MY-OPINION-LAND. heh.

10. December 13, 2016 at 2:51 am

Yay thank you! I am always noticing how many people hate Shadowclan! Windclan will always be my favorite but Shadowclan is pretty awesome!

So basically: