1,460 Replies to “The Warrior Cat Movie Discussion Page”

1. Anonkit
    September 24, 2017 at 5:57 am

I’m new here, and I still can’t really believe that there’s actually going to be a Warriors movie! But I personally don’t really want a movie, because I’m afraid that it’s going to be underwhelming. It can still be good though, I’ll say how below.

First of all, I don’t really know what I want: 3D animation, or real cats animated. 3D animation might seem a little childish, and in contrast with the fighting and bloodshed. Real cats animated might look… I don’t know, but it just seems really unrealistic and shallow to me. I think I’ll stick with 2D fan animations.

Secondly, I’m afraid they’ll butcher the story. When making a book into a movie, they either have to take a LOT out, or end up with an extremely convoluted movie, like the Eragon movie. It was pure trash because they tried to fit in too much in two hours. So I’d prefer it if they edited the plot so it fits a movie better, rather than being loyal to the books. It would be interesting to see what the new story would be like, even if it ignores interesting but not extremely important plot points like Bluestar’s kits.

Thirdly, and most importantly, themes. I hope that the movie, because of having to cut out so much, doesn’t give a different feel to the books. When the plot is simplified, many important themes in the story might not show anymore. The books were all about friendship and stuff, but were also a lot darker than just that. If the movies aren’t dark enough, then the feels won’t be right! THE FEELS!

I still think the movie can be good though, as long as they don’t try to pack everything into a meager 2 hours, instead taking things out, while keeping the themes the same. I don’t know if I’ll watch it though. I don’t like reading a book then watching its movie because I like the way I imagine characters in my own head etc, and the movie seems to ruin all the FEELS I FELT during the book.

Still, I hope anyone who watches it enjoys it! 😀

Not anonymous but whatever

• Bluepaw (Blueheart)
      September 24, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Hmmm I can see that. But I think they should keep Bluestar’s kits. Bluestar is my favorite character. And you said you are all about the feels right? Remember Bluestar’s death?

• anonkit
        September 25, 2017 at 4:22 am

Actually now that I think about it, they should keep her kits. I really do think it was very FEELS, and it does support very important plot points… Sorry, it’s been a long time since I read the first arc, so it wasn’t the best example, I just chose one off the top of my head. But I’m sure that there are many small details that just make the world better in a book that would be unnecessary clutter in a movie. But what I mean is, it might be hard to keep the details and feels while not making it overly complex. I just hope the movie turns out well.

Not anonymous but whatever

• Fireleap
      September 26, 2017 at 10:30 pm

I think you make some awesome points Anonkit!

• October 2, 2017 at 12:37 pm

That’s definitely something to consider

Meowy Christmas!

2. Cloverleaf🍀
    September 24, 2017 at 11:42 am

Is this in Chinese? I can’t view the article.

• Tacopaw (Help me with my warrior name pls)
      September 25, 2017 at 2:01 am

I don’t know…

• Scorchedheart
      September 25, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Look closely and you’ll see the English words in the picture

3. Scorchedheart
    September 25, 2017 at 6:49 pm

OMG OMG OMG! I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR TWO YEARS NOW! I knew you’d find the perfect producer for the warriors movie! I hope I’ll see the anime style for this (I can’t watch 3D because I have eye problems and I don’t want to end up blind)

• October 2, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Anime style would be great! Too bad it’s main studio is in China 😛

Meowy Christmas!

• Darksong
        October 18, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Yes. It should be in anime style. I think realistic could be cool too, though. 🙂

• I'm a Silver Ghosty, Boo
      October 19, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Oh my god I can just picture an anime style warrior cats movie. It’d be beautiful. :”)

4. Willowpaw
    September 30, 2017 at 7:40 pm

does anyone know the approximated date for the release? sometime in 2018? I hope, but maybe 2020 cause animation is hard. I hope they only do the first series for the movie at most, because if they tried to cram all the arcs into one movie, it would be like guardians of gahoole movie all over again, except worse.

I don’t know if I necessarily even want a movie, because the whole idea of warriors is pretty iffy as a movie, but im really hoping its not horrible. But I know I’ll see it when it comes out. I cant wait until they release trailers, if they do, im not really sure how to movie business works.

• October 2, 2017 at 12:39 pm

I don’t think they would cram that much together 😛

Meowy Christmas!

• Spoopy Whomping Willow (Willowpaw)
        October 8, 2017 at 3:56 am

I sure hope so!

• Snowbite (Snowlight)
      October 6, 2017 at 2:16 am

I don’t think the movie will come out until 2021 at least, but anything could happen. 🙂

It has been hinted that the movie will only be Into the Wild. 😀

please give me chocolate

• Spoopy Whomping Willow (Willowpaw)
        October 8, 2017 at 3:54 am

*wipes brow* Phew! I hope so!

but… If thunder Kathryn can animate a 1 hour and 30 minutes movie all by herself in 2 years, I think a professional team of animators and producers can create a cgi movie in 2 or 3 years… Maybe? (Not trying to be rude)

• Sparrowshade
      October 13, 2017 at 5:09 am

I looked it up and the website I was on said to wait at least 10 more years because they aren’t even fully sure about it and if they do decide to make it they have to decide what parts to cut and they also have to animate like 80 different cats… so…… ya….sorry.

• Snowbite (Snowlight)
        October 16, 2017 at 5:10 pm

What website did you find this on? I try to keep myself updated on movie info and I haven’t seen anything about this.

please give me chocolate

5. Moonystar (Moonypaw Moonypelt)
    September 30, 2017 at 8:41 pm

We need LZRD WZRD to be Jayfeather (if they get that far) causeeeeeeeeeee…………………………

and Moonkitti for everyone lel.

6. Willow that travels in TARDIS (Pondpaw)
    October 11, 2017 at 2:46 am

Can Jeremy Jordan be in this

Please

7. October 13, 2017 at 5:54 am

Does anyone know the release date yet?

• October 14, 2017 at 1:24 am

Like some others had said above the movie release date isn’t exactly known. If we are lucky it might come out 2020 or 2021 but that’s if they got things rolling. Sparrow meantioned above that it might take 10 years which is like 2027 or so (yeesh that’s far away) It really depends how far they got things going. While we wait, you can talk about other things about the movie on here: actors you want in it, scenes you want to see and other things.

If you have any other questions just ask ^^ Welcome to Blogclan! 😉

Meowy Christmas!

8. October 14, 2017 at 1:58 am

can we get the “find actors from other fandoms and see which warriors character they should voice” ball rolling again?

Sandstorm – Renee Elise Goldsberry
    Yellowfang – the person who did Yellowfang in ERBOW
    Graystripe – Lin-Manuel Miranda
    Darkstripe – Toffee’s voice actor (Svtfoe)
    Mousefur – JelloApocalypse
    Squirrelflight – Shelby Rabara (Peridot)
    Brokenstar or Tigerstar – Keith Silverstein (Hawk Moth/Gabriel Agreste)
    Longtail – Matthew Moy (Lars)
    Leafpool – Christina Vee (Marinette/Ladybug)
    Bluestar – Sunset Shimmer’s voice actor (MLP/EG)
    Purdy – Marco’s voice actor (Svtfoe)
    Hollyleaf – Tara Strong (a loooooooot of characters)
    Hawkfrost – Adrien’s voice actor Ludo’s voice actor (Svtfoe) or Lord Boxman’s voice actor (OK K.O.) I’m going for that kind of theme
    Whitestorm – Shadowy Figure’s voice actor (OK K.O.)
    Young Firestar – K.O.’s voice actor (OK K.O.)
    Older Firestar – Zach Callison (Steven)
    Alderheart – Jason Ritter (Dipper)
    Sparkpelt – Kristen something the person that does Mabel on Gravity Falls (I know Jason Ritter does Dipper but this would legitimately work though)
    Twigpaw and Violetpaw – (I can see her doing both) Eden Sher
    Dovewing – Jenny Slate (Ponyhead)
    Mapleshade – voice of Principal Cinch (EG)
    The most sarcastic and gruff male elder – Alex Hirsch using Stan Pines voice
    Jayfeather – Tara Strong’s Raven voice
    Ivypool – voice of Sour Sweet (EG)

sorry there were a lot of jokes 😛

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Bloody Booheart
      October 14, 2017 at 3:22 am

I have OUAT actor/actresses set up 😛

Bluestar/Ivypool – Lana Parilla (Regina 😛 )
      Sandstorm – Jennifer Morrison (Emma)
      Tigerstar – Robert Carlyle? (Rumplestiltskin)
      Jayfeather – Colin O’donoghue or however you spell it. 😛 (Killian/Hook)
      Brightheart – Gennifer Goodwin (Snow White)
      Cloudtail – Josh Dallas (Prince Charming)
      Dovewing – Rebecca Mader (My worst enemy, Zelena…)
      Firestar – Jared S. Gilmore (Henry, I think 😛 )

And that’s all 😛

• October 14, 2017 at 4:05 am

I tried to do a mix of the shows/musicals I like because I feel like different actors/actresses fit different characters and it’s not confined to one show ^^

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Bloody Booheart
          October 14, 2017 at 2:28 pm

I don’t really watch anything else 😛

• Bellatrix Lestrange (Brightpaw/berry)
      October 14, 2017 at 1:34 pm

It’s weird, but every since I saw the Tears to Shed MAP, I picture Helena Bonham Carter as Spottedleaf.
      I also like the idea of Michele Pfeiffer as Mapleshade:

• Willow that travels in TARDIS (Pondpaw)
      October 15, 2017 at 4:56 pm

I VOTE RENEE SANDSTORM

ALL WITH ME SAY I

• October 16, 2017 at 6:06 pm

I x 100000000000000000

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Willow that travels in TARDIS (Pondpaw)
          October 16, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Honestly Renee for younger (1st and 2nd series) faking a british accent

and

Alex Kingston for older (3rd, 4th)

THIS WOULD BE PERFECT

ANGELICA AND RIVER SONG ARE BOTH RIVER’S SPIRIT ANIMALS

9. Bluebellpaw who is so spooky
    October 15, 2017 at 9:32 pm

“The release date is undetermined as recent financial troubles with Alibaba may cause the film to be delayed” that is from wikipedia and i don’t trust wikipedia, but is this true? if it is then TRRRRRRIIIIIIIIGGGGGEEEERRRREEEEDDDDD!!!!

happy holidays

• Snowbite (Snowlight)
      October 16, 2017 at 5:13 pm

If you check the source, it says nothing about movies being delayed, only that Alibaba didn’t make as much money this year as last year.

please give me chocolate

10. Dapplesmoke
    October 19, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Ya’ll. Just. Jeremy Shada as the VA for SOMEONE. Come on. Guys.

• Juniperpool
      October 19, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Yess

Maybe he could voice Greystripe? Idk 😛

ιғ ι coυld geт a ѕтarrιng role

• Thunderpaw (heart)