My Opinion On Mapleshade by Silverpaw

Silverpaw talks about her opinion on Mapleshade

I have been reading Warriors since I was little. Most recently I came across a character known as Mapleshade in The Last Hope. I was interested on her story and how she was in Dark Forest to begin with.

Mapleshade’s story is VERY similar to Bluestar’s. They both fall in love with RiverClan toms, both get pregnant, and both have to face hard consequences, however, Bluestar’s story ended much happier than Mapleshade’s. Here is why I think Mapleshade SHOULD have gone to StarClan.
When Mapleshade meets Appledusk, they start meeting up, sneaking off in the night, and eventually Mapleshade discovers she will be having kits. Years later, Bluefur also begins to meet up with Oakheart, and Bluefur eventually ends up with kits.

The difference; when Bluefur took her kits to RiverClan, sure one died, they made it and Bluefur was never found out, she became leader, and she went to StarClan with her mate and kits, but Mapleshade was found out. Her leader threw her out of her clan. She wants her kits to have good lives, so she takes them to RiverClan so they can live and grow up with their father. ALL THREE DIED! Mapleshade starts to lose it, I mean, WHO WOULDN’T! If that wasn’t enough she gets there, and Appledusk acts like it was HER fault. He rejects her and he tells his leader, she means nothing to him. Mapleshade is then forced to leave. So now Mapleshade has no mate, no clan, and no kits. Then she sees her former mate flirting with a she-cat from RiverClan. Mapleshade is, by this point, insane, WHO WOULDN’T BE!!! Mapleshade kills Appledusk, and is then killed herself.

StarClan, think of how many murderers are in there. For example Hollyleaf, who kills Ashfur and nearly killed Leafpool. Mapleshade is yet still to go to the Dark Forest.
I understand Mapleshade was EXTEREMLY important to Crookedstar’s Promise, but I still don’t think Mapleshade should have gone to Dark Forest.

Similar Posts:

63 Replies to “My Opinion On Mapleshade by Silverpaw”

1. Silverpaw
    January 4, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Nice article! To be honest, I disagree. While Mapleshade is easier to sympathize with then other DF cats, I believe she deserved to go to the Dark Forest. In fact, she was glad to be there.

• Softpaw
      January 5, 2017 at 12:43 am

All Mapleshade cared about was her kits. How come Starclan never had them tell her they were happy?

2. Shadowpaw (Shadowdapple)
    January 5, 2017 at 4:37 am

I totally agree with you! And then Appledusk went off with another she-cat right in front of Mapleshade’s face. Personally, Mapleshade would have been a great cat……

3. Russetheart (Medicine She-Cat)
    January 6, 2017 at 2:07 am

I disagree with he whole thing. Your opinion is your opinion, and there is no right or wrong answer to this. Mapleshade killed like 3 cats, and as you know mating with a cat from another Clan is against the Warrior Code. Besides, she was happy to be at the Dark Forest and thought she was rewarded for everything she had done in her life. She did not deserve to go to StarClan in my opinion…

• Sky
      June 13, 2017 at 11:38 am

*gasps* Cross-Clan mating! We have never seen the likes! Kits and mothers must be punished!
      But seriously. Can’t count how many times the code has been broken

4. Willowpaw who is dying to get Talons of Power
    January 8, 2017 at 7:53 am

I am a Mapleshade sympathizer. I really disliked it when Appledusk dumped Mapleshade and went to Reed-I-forgot. And then her kits died. And as a constructive comment, Mapleshade didn’t kill herself. Perchpaw-guy killed her, but I don’t blame him. An insane looking she-cat who kills his mentor who also nearly kills him. But overall, I kinda believe she should’ve gone to StarClan, if she was going to be happy there.

MWHAHAHAHA 😀

5. Sparktooth
    July 26, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Honestly, I disagree. I’ve never really understood why Mapleshade is so popular. I’m not gonna get into it ’cause I actually wrote an article about it XD. I submitted it about four days ago, so it probably won’t come out for a little bit. Anyways, great job stating your opinion.