Opinions on Dark Forest Cats, by Silverpaw

Silverpaw delves in deep to give opinions on the various cats… of the Dark forest…

Hi everyone! This is my first article, and I am doing my own opinions on Dark Forest cats!

Brokenstar: Personally, I don’t really like Brokenstar, because of the things he did when he was leader. I feel bad for him, because he was tortured by Lizardstripe and her kits. One of the only reasons he became evil is because of them. If Yellowfang retired from her duties as a medicine cat and took care of him instead of Lizardstripe, he probably wouldn’t be such a bad cat.

Mapleshade: Mapleshade is one of my favorite ‘evil’ cats, because I feel like she isn’t THAT evil. She was fine until her babies were born, and then everything went downhill from there. The main cause of her evilness is most likely because she was jelous of Reedshine. I mean, if my kits drowned and some cats were responsible for it, I would probably want to kill them too.

Tigerstar: I really don’t like Tigerstar because of how many cats he’s murdered. He killed five cats and is responsible for three more deaths. He also crippled one of my favorite characters, Cinderpelt. The main reason of his evilness is Thistleclaw’s training, his own ambition, and his father leaving. I think that this really surprises me because he is one of the only characters not really influenced by something that will make them coldhearted.

Hawkfrost: I think that Hawkfrost is a younger version of Tigerstar. He was influenced by him to kill, and would do anything for him.

Darkstripe: Darkstripe is similar to Hawkfrost, following him, and would do anything for him. He isn’t exactly evil, but he attempted to kill a few cats, including Sorrelkit.

Thistleclaw: Thistleclaw is my second least-favorite cat, because he practically created all of the problems in the first series, and some of Omen of the Stars. He was trained in the Dark Forest, and passed down his skills to Tigerstar.

Tangleburr: I don’t think that Tangleburr is a bad cat, but she did side with Tigerstar. I personally think that she should be in StarClan, because all she really did was tease Brokenkit.

Deerfoot: Similar to Tangleburr, all he really did was tease Brokenkit and somehow ended up in the Dark Forest.

Brightflower: I seriously don’t get why Brightflower is in the Dark Forest. The reason she is there is because she accused Yellowfang of killing her second litter of kits, and was extremely mad at her.. Other than that, her name sounds bright and cheery, while all of the other Dark Forest members have more dark names.

Similar Posts:

25 Replies to “Opinions on Dark Forest Cats, by Silverpaw”

1. Darkfang
    March 4, 2017 at 1:08 pm

I expect we will find out soon why Brightflower, Deerfoot, Tangleburr etc are in the Dark Forest. Personally, I don’t think it should have been announced that they were in there before we find out from the books as it just causes confusion. Maybe in Pinestar’s Choice or Spottedleaf’s Heart we will find out.

2. Shadowpaw (Shadowdapple)
    March 4, 2017 at 6:03 pm

WHY BRIGHTFLOWER!? SHE’S YELLOWFANGS MOM! AND DEERFOOT AND TANGLE BURR! in my opinion, I don’t care if they teased Broken kit (I know this sounds harsh, but…) he was going to be horrible to their clan and kind anyway

Jayfrost
      March 4, 2017 at 7:51 pm

They didn’t know that, and he was still an innocent kit at the time. And we don’t know for sure /what/ they did to end up in the Dark Forest. I’m guessing it’s worse than just some teasing.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Sageflower (currently Sagekit)
      March 24, 2017 at 1:33 am

Sorry, Jayfrost, but I agree with everyone else about Brightflower, Deerfoot, and Tangleburr.

sageflower out 🙂

Jayfrost
        March 24, 2017 at 7:12 pm

We don’t know for sure what they did. 😛

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

3. March 7, 2017 at 1:44 am

Hi, Silverpaw! I think you did a great job on this. Here are my opinions on the cats you listed.
    Brokenstar- Yes, I don’t like Brokenstar but, he did have a pretty bad past life, and that’s what happened to most cats in the Dark Forest. First, his mother was Yellowfang and he got cared for by LIZARDSTRIPE!? I hate her she was just so mean to him
    Mapleshade- Okay, Maple is my favorite villian. But, this wouldn’t have happened if ThunderClan hadn’t kicked her out and if Appledusk hadn’t acted like a piece of foxdung.
    Tigerstar- Okay, everyone knows I HATE Tigerstar because he (Spoiler alert!) Killed Brindleface, Swiftpaw, TRIED TO KILL BLUESTAR AND FIREHEART/STAR!!! (End Of Spoiler Alert! Not really) He also left Goldenflower and Sasha! Okay, he mated with Golden and she had Bramble and Tawny He tried to make them evil, but failed. And then when he was a rouge he meant Sasha and mated with her to have Hawk, Moth, and Tadpole. But, Tadpole died. I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

4. March 7, 2017 at 1:45 am

5. March 9, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Well, the reasoning for Brightflower being in the dark forest is not as complex as it seems. After rereading Yellowfangs secret, Brigthflower turned against her own daughter, siding with Brokenstar. Not to mention Brightflower was ready to attack Yellowfang in the series. But in my opinion, Thistleclaw should’ve went to StarClan and Ashfur should’ve went to the Dark Forest, because in comparison, Ashfur did things worse than Thistleclaw. Ashfur attempted to murder four cats, and he wasn’t the nicest cat either, while atheist law didn’t even kill one cat, (or as we know).