Analyzing Scourge, by Snowheart

Snowheart explores the character of Scourge, and brings their take on his vilification to the table.

Hey everyone! Snowheart here! Welcome to my first post! Today, I will analyze Scourge’s character! Okay, lets get started! I can prove (at least in the American version) that his collar is purple. If you look at the cover art for The Rise Of Scourge,(“Manga”) you can see clearly that his collar is purple! Okay, enough with his looks. On to his life and events! Okay. Honestly, I don’t blame Scourge for being so evil! If you have read The Rise Of Scourge, his brother and sister tourture him and abuse him! His OWN SISTER, told him (Tiny at the moment) that his owners would throw him in the river! And he Believed it! (Poor Scourge) And thats when he ran away and (almost) Got killed by Tigerpaw! (Tigerstar!) Then that turned him bad. For revenge. Now, for the highlight on The Darkest Hour! To me, when I first read it, I literally thought Scourge was going to be ripped to shreds! But it was actually the other way around.

AND back in The Rise Of Scourge, it’s interesting that he scared a very vicious dog! Okay, back to The Darkest Hour. Did Scourge recognize Tigerstar?! It would seem if you had a great nemises you wouldn’t forget what they looked like! And another thing, I can confirm that Scourge and Firestar are half-brothers: Jake was Firestar’s father, and Jake was also Scourge’s father. They didn’t (of course) have the same mothers though. Now, for my persuasive writing.

Why I don’t blame Scourge for being so evil!

I don’t think Scourge should be blamed for being evil. He was abused, and attacked. He was innocent! He already had a terrible life! He was small, and he felt like his mother didn’t like him. His siblings never believed him. Neither did his own mother! Tigerpaw (Tigerstar) nearly killed him (a kit) just for crossing the territory border! (Cold hearted cat) These are all reasons. I dont believe that Scourge should have so much hate on him.

Similar Posts:

28 Replies to “Analyzing Scourge, by Snowheart”

1. Darkfang
    March 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm

His kithood wasn’t the best but in my opinion that doesn’t excuse his behaviour later in life. Nothing can justify murdering many cats.

I felt sorry for him when he was a kit but just because he was bullied, doesn’t mean that he had to turn into a killer.

• Fireblaze
      March 7, 2017 at 4:02 am

What if you started out in life knowing nothing but constant abuse because of age and size, and experienced a terror that scarred you for life?

Jayfrost
        March 7, 2017 at 7:44 am

Yeah, all of that stuff sucks. None of it justifies becoming a tyrant who has cats killed just for living together with their siblings. Being abused doesn’t justify abusing in turn. It never does.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• Eclipsepaw/Eclipsestar of NightClan
          March 10, 2017 at 2:28 am

Yeah. Even if he had a harsh kithood, that doesn’t mean he has the right to hurt the innocent. Although I di think that Tigerstar deserved it.

• Birchfoot
        March 7, 2017 at 7:41 pm

The problem is, while I do feel sorry for Scourge, his past doesn’t justify murdering innocent cats. There are plenty of cats in the books with sad lives that didn’t resort to killing other cats and literally creating an entire “clan” that allied with Tigerstar to overthrow all 4 clans at one time.

• Mistypaw wants to eat chocolate/Misty the choco cat
      March 8, 2017 at 12:48 pm

He wanted revenge on Tigerstar, I can’t blame him for that. But it would be better if he didn’t kill him, or any other cats.

• March 12, 2017 at 8:40 am

My thoughts exactly Darkfang! But good argument Snowheart!

Feathertail 4 da vin!

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Christian Music 🎶💜
      March 12, 2017 at 10:10 pm

XD Darkfang is the name of a wolf from a book I’m writing who is actually a lot like Scourge! (Though probably not as evil… He never really kills anyone besides pushing a fox close to the edge of a cliff and then the fox’s mate pushed her back to the other side just in time but fell over the cliff instead and burned to death in the flames below… 😛 He didn’t really intentionally kill the fox but it was his fault for being mean and pushing one and he didn’t feel guilty about it afterword either… But like my favorite character in Warriors is Scourge my favorite character in my book is Darkfang (Darky) because he’s so cool! (And he’s probably the most developed as well as probably being the main character just because…))

Tigerheart fangirl

2. Hurricanefur
    March 7, 2017 at 6:51 pm

Life is tough on every cat and it scars every individual differently every cat goes through trials in life how you deal with them is what defines you sure scourge was bullied and almost killed but he chose to kill and bully and in the end it’s what got him killed revenge took him down the wrong path and eventually cost him everything the point is that your actions our your own only you can choose the path you go down no one could have influenced him enough to kill that many cats

3. Lightingstrike
    March 7, 2017 at 11:17 pm

So true

4. Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Christian Music 🎶💜
    March 11, 2017 at 2:40 am

Part of the reason Scourge is evil is because after he ran away he ended up in the city with a bunch of rogues and “You become who you hang out with” so too bad TobyMac wasn’t a cat in the city with all his band members (as cats too) so he could love on Scourge and eventually help Scourge to have a change of heart then they could make a completely different Clan called DiverseClan! (Sadly I don’t think anyone here will get that reference 😕)

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Christian Music 🎶💜
      March 11, 2017 at 2:44 am

I need to write a fanfiction about that now about how the story would be completely different if TobyMac and Diverse City were cats in the city!

5. March 16, 2017 at 1:16 am

SCOURGE IS AWESOME

• AngelHeart
      April 4, 2017 at 7:41 pm

My favorite Cat is scourge !!!!!!!
      😉

6. Spiderpaw
    March 17, 2017 at 3:39 pm

My take on Scourge being evil: First of all, there is no excuse for being malicious or cruel. No matter what one’s excuse is, I believe that being ‘evil’ is inexcusable. I think that Scourge was right to be angry with his family for abusing him, heck, if it was me I’d go on a roll and start smashing things…*cough**cough* Did I say that out loud? Anyway, it is justifiable for him to be angry with his past, but I don’t think becoming a cat-serial killer is justifiable. Anyway, that’s just my point of view taken from a deeper pool of thought.