Warriors: Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novella) Spoiler Page

This book includes Spottedleaf’s Heart, Pinestar’s Choice, Thunderstar’s Echo.

• Spottedleaf’s Heart: Young apprentice Spottedpaw is determined to become a warrior…until she realizes that to save her Clan, she must become its next medicine cat.
  • Pinestar’s Choice: Discover what drove Pinestar, once leader of ThunderClan, to abandon the warrior code, betray his Clan, and become a kittypet.
  • Thunderstar’s Echo: In the earliest days of ThunderClan, its first leader faces down a new threat—and forges a new tradition for all the warrior Clans.

Similar Posts:

146 Replies to “Warriors: Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novella) Spoiler Page”

1. April 22, 2017 at 2:12 am

It was really interesting how in both Pinestar’s Choice and Thunderstar’s Echo both leaders were in a situation with another cat where the normal cat died but the leader only lost a life. Like when Shanty and Pinestar were hit by the monster, and when Thunderstar and Lightning Tail were attacked by the dog. I had never really thought that something like that could happen and how guilty the leaders must have felt about it. Hopefully, we’ll see some more interesting little things like that in the future.

2. Magmawing
    April 22, 2017 at 11:02 am

Hi Kate
    I just got this novella and I think it okay although I think that it not that great of it stories like for instance Spottedleaf & Thistleclaw together (seriously?) and Spottedleaf never did learn her lesson about blinded by loved especially with Firestar. For Pinestar’s Choice, I can’t believe that Oakstar still has a revenging grudge against RiverClan especially since it created Mapleshade to be a very dangerous cat in the Dark Forest and having Cloudberry as medicine cat from RiverClan. Also I still hated Ravenwing for not being concerned about the kits’ welfare since it goes against the warrior code:”No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.” (remember Graywing from RiverClan in Code of the Clans).

Now Kate, can I ask you a few questions on if they’re going to be another novella like for instance…

Will there be a super long novella on the four leaders (Redstar, Birchstar, Swiftstar, and Dawnstar) on what they think after driven out SkyClan from the forest? I love seeing them being scolded by StarClan for not helping SkyClan and not listening to their medicine cat especially Redstar from ThunderClan since Thunderstar was Skystar’son.

Will there be a novella on Cloudberry becoming the ThunderClan’s medicine cat and Oakstar reaction on it especially after Mapleshade?

Shiver
      April 22, 2017 at 11:18 am

hey magmawing!
      i’m not kate, but i can tell you that kate doesn’t actually write the novellas 🙂 that’s vicky holmes, the original erin. she doesn’t know about any future novellas yet!

the official TSGN skeleton

• Magmawing
        April 22, 2017 at 10:16 pm

didn’t vicky leave warriors to write her own books?

Shiver
          April 22, 2017 at 10:20 pm

she doesn’t write the outlines anymore like she used to, but she DOES write the novellas!

the official TSGN skeleton

• Kate
          April 24, 2017 at 12:46 pm

She’s writing her own books as well as Warriors novellas.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Magmawing
            April 24, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Kate can you give my ideas to Vicky to see what she think about them? I hope that she makes some novellas about this:

3. April 22, 2017 at 9:07 pm

All right, it’s time for my reviews of Legends of the Clans. I actually really enjoyed Pinestar’s Choice and Thunderstar’s Echo, but I felt that Spottedleaf’s Heart was a bit lacking for reasons I’ll explain later. So, here we go.

Thunderstar’s Echo
    It was very nice to take a visit to the early days of the Clans again. Taking place after Moth Flight’s Vision, the five leaders have all received 9 lives and gotten the suffix -star. It was nice how Blue Whisker, one of Moth Flight’s kits, was mentioned a few times. We also saw a few BlogClanners, which is always cool. So Thunderstar and Lightning Tail go to fight the dogs, and they both get killed. Well, only Lightning Tail actually gets killed, Thunderstar only loses a life. I liked how Thunderstar was the one who started the tradition of sitting vigil for a deceased cat for one night after their death. I also had never thought that a leader and a normal warrior could go through some sort of nasty thing and only the leader survives, at the expense of one of their lives. And at the end of the book, Thunderstar and Violet Dawn have kits, one of which was named after Lightning Tail (Lightning Stripe)
    There was one thing that slightly confused me about this book, which was that “said” was used quite a lot. I’m going to assume that was intentional because using it that many times couldn’t have been an accident. I’m going to do a bit of searching around to see if I can figure out why.
    So all in all, I really liked this novella.

Pinestar’s Choice
    This was my favorite novella out of the book. It was great to see a good, solid reason for Pinestar to leave ThunderClan to become a kittypet. We also meet Firestar’s grandmother, which was cool. Jake also makes yet another appearance, and Talltail is mentioned by him, so we’ve got that consistency. Pinestar and Shanty’s relationship was also rather interesting. I don’t know about you, but I ship it! So I was sad when Shanty died, and what happened when her Twolegs ran out pretty much made me tear up in English class. We also get another one of those instances where the leader only loses a life while the normal cat dies. I hope to see more situations like that in the future. During Bluestar’s Prophecy, I had found it difficult to sympathize with Pinestar’s leaving to become a kittypet, but after reading Pinestar’s Choice I was surprised to find myself agreeing more with his choices.
    I would personally give this novella a 10/10, I think it was very well written.

Spottedleaf’s Heart
    So my biggest problem with this book wasn’t Thistleclaw and Spottedpaw’s relationship. It was actually the fact that Spottedleaf first wanted to be a warrior, and only became a medicine cat because of the whole “Thistleclaw’s training in the Dark Forest he’s evil I can’t be with him” drama. In Bluestar’s Prophecy, Spottedpaw wanted to be a medicine cat so badly, but she couldn’t because there were already two. When Goosefeather retired, she was able to become Featherwhisker’s apprentice. It seems like we have so many ThunderClan medicine cats who didn’t actually want to be medicine cats. Look at Goosefeather, Yellowfang, Cinderpelt, Jayfeather, Alderheart, and now kind of Spottedleaf. I just found this too contradictory of Bluestar’s Prophecy and why can’t we just have a medicine cat who wants to be a medicine cat for once? It’s not a bad job!
    Then there’s Thistleclaw. So the Erins needed a reason to throw him into the Dark Forest, I’m fine with that. But Thistleclaw loved Snowfur so much in Bluestar’s Prophecy. And the fact that he kinda fell in love with an apprentice was kind of… strange. Like Pinestar and Leopardfoot strange, but on a whole other level. People seem to… um… not like this. I watched a video by the YouTube account Quiet Rage (there was quite a bit of language so I wouldn’t recommend the younger BlogClanners go watch it) and this person seemed… how do I put this lightly… furious. But I’m not going to start ranting about it now.
    Anyway, I was slightly disappointed by this novella.

So, that sums up my thoughts on Legends of the Clans. What do you all think about these newest novellas?

• April 24, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Goosekit/paw didnt want to be a medicine cat either, and by the time he got his full name he had accepted it and went bonkers because of all his dead buddies.

CAPPY

• Silverkit (Silversong)
        April 25, 2017 at 2:46 am

Very blunt, Lily 😛

CAT PUNS FUR-EVER!

4. April 25, 2017 at 6:47 pm

I enjoyed reading about Spottedleaf’s early days in Spottedleaf’s Heart because it painted a completely different picture of Bluestar (an annoying cat who kept sticking her nose where she wasn’t needed) and Thistleclaw (an affectionate cat who was willing to play with kits). However I was a bit puzzled at how Spottedleaf went from being an ambitious young warrior apprentice to a sweet, wise and quiet cat we know from The Prophecies Begin.

Pinestar’s Choice was also very interesting as you could slowly see Pinestar spending more and more time with the kittypet’s throughout. It shows how Warrior cat’s prejudice against kitty pets is very wrong. I also found it intriguing to see Pinestar’s view on certain scenes we’ve seen before, such as the scene seen through Bluestar’s eyes in Bluestar’s Prophecy when he leaves the Clan and also when Lionpaw finds him with the two-legs, which I believe was in Code of the Clans.

Finally Thunderstar’s Echo was much better than I expected and I loved how it revealed more about the early Clans. I found it heart-breaking when loyal, trustworthy and reliable Lightning Tail died (he is like Graystripe 2.0) and I agree with Dewpaw’s comment above about how interesting it was to see a Clan leader lose a life beside a warrior who dies, very sad plot there. Very good over all!

5. Foolish Foxey
    April 26, 2017 at 1:54 am

While I have read none of the latest installments and have merely heard of the summaries and read them and I’ve heard them various places so I believe this isn’t unbiased as Vicky has confirmed what I’ve seen on her Facebook. Therefore, I will start my rant:

If this was directed for 15 and beyond, I would understand. If this was 13 and beyond, I’d be a little shocked, but understand. But this is rated 8+.I have seen a second grader reading these books and started reading them at fourth grade myself. Lets just say, I nor anyone in my family would be pleased to find pedophilia OR abusive relationships. Gore is kind of the limit with these types of books which is probably enough to be 10+ or for people who can tolerate stuff like this so I won’t go further. But one thing is – pedophilia as shown with Thistleclaw and Spottedleaf is not okay for children to be reading. I get people of all ages read it whether they’re 16 or 20, but elementary school kids read it too. Reading about a pedophile is way too inappropriate for them to be seeing. (I’m not directing this at Kate who I know doesn’t write the novellas but it’s just a rant to get my opinion out there). Also, besides children it’s also quite inappropriate and triggering to put that stuff there at all. Seriously? Vicky’s reasoning in her Facebook says she needed a reason to make Thistleclaw go to the Dark Forest. Dustpelt took his own niece as a mate – is he in the Dark Forest? It probably is hard to find a reason but as long as the fans think he deserves it, then why does it matter? And his character in Bluestar’s Prophecy and Spottedleaf’s Heart just don’t match up. Finally, the pedophilia has triggered certain fans who’ve been victims of pedophiles and reading this triggered memories and just hurt them. You can tell it’s not okay. It just isn’t. I feel like the plot needed more thought before that was added in and I have no idea why that was even allowed in a book that’s coverjacket says “8-12”.

Second of all, the Shattered Sky Bonus Scene really ticked me off especially at Bumblestripe. He basically pressured Dovewing into a relationship for the whole series due to his celebrity crush on her for her amazing mary-sueishness admirable senses and her going on the water patrol. But now he’s pressuring her to have his kits, to “try again”. Not only does that imply something very awkward but that is also quite abusive of him because no one, not even annoying Dovewhinewing deserves something like that. Kids should not be hearing about things like that. I know I’m being quite picky but I feel this could be toned down. I also feel like the Erins are running out of ideas which is how things like these are born. I don’t know. I’m growing out of Warriors since it’s really long and my life is devoted to Wings Of Fire now.

Finally, I know that my message was harsh and blunt and very rude but I felt I needed to get my opinion out. I’m sorry if I offended anyone… 🙁