Warriors: Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novella) Spoiler Page

This book includes Spottedleaf’s Heart, Pinestar’s Choice, Thunderstar’s Echo.

• Spottedleaf’s Heart: Young apprentice Spottedpaw is determined to become a warrior…until she realizes that to save her Clan, she must become its next medicine cat.
  • Pinestar’s Choice: Discover what drove Pinestar, once leader of ThunderClan, to abandon the warrior code, betray his Clan, and become a kittypet.
  • Thunderstar’s Echo: In the earliest days of ThunderClan, its first leader faces down a new threat—and forges a new tradition for all the warrior Clans.

Similar Posts:

146 Replies to “Warriors: Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novella) Spoiler Page”

1. Mintkit(feather) Is An Amazing Magical Unicorn
    April 14, 2017 at 1:18 pm

So Firestar’s grandmother saved the life of Tigerstar’s father?

Minty The Amazing

• Snowflower
      April 15, 2017 at 11:16 pm

Yep!

• Rainpaw
      April 22, 2017 at 9:49 am

XD
      hi your grandon and son killed each other are ya happy now

Mrrrow.

2. Quietstorm
    April 16, 2017 at 4:25 am

Ok so just finished lotc…..
    Thoughts:
    Loved meeting Firestar’s Grandma she is awesome!
    Bluestar and Spottedleaf=BFF goals
    Lightningtail and Thunderstar also=BFF goals (and i kinda ship it)
    Ew ThistleclawxSpottedleaf is really weird, like what about Snowfur? What about the fact that that this Spottedleaf is waaay to young?
    It was pretty funny when Thunderstar basically forgot he had nine lives😂
    NOOOOO LIIIIIIGHTINGTAIIIL
    now I reAlly want to hear more about Lightningstripe, does she grow up to be a med cat or leader or something really special?

I loved the writing, it was nice to see some interesting character decelopments and I feel like we got to see the characters thoughts and motives more often than usual!

3. Petalfrost
    April 17, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Two questions:

1. How did Lighting Tail die?

and

2. Why is it partly Tigerstar’s fault the Pinestar left ThunderClan?

Leaf Shinobi

• Gumm-easterpaw (Gummypaw) (Get the pun?)
      April 17, 2017 at 9:19 pm

1. Dogs

2. StarClan sent a prophecy to Pinestar like “Yo, your son’s evil, you should kill him. So Pinestar was like “Dang, I don’t wanna care anymore aboutthis so I’m gonna leave :P”

4. Gumm-easterpaw (Gummypaw) (Get the pun?)
    April 17, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I (think) I found two Blogclanner names 😛 Hazel Burrow and Shivering Rose 😛

• Gumm-easterpaw (Gummypaw) (Get the pun?)
      April 17, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Everyone probably found these names but whatever 😛

5. Shiver
    Shiver
    April 19, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I’m late to this party, but I have a LOT of feelings about the Thistleclaw thing. Long post!!!

Sweet, dear, Thistleclaw. I love him to death, but his character’s been through the Warriors equivalent of a shredder as the years have gone on. It’s made me really sad the more I think about it. Would the Thistleclaw we have now cry over Snowfur’s corpse? Would this Mapleshade’s Dark Forest Thistleclaw take the time for his son?

We first hear about Thistleclaw in the original series, in passing.

“Oh, y’know, I was pregnant, but there was this one guy who was going to kill literally every cat in the Clan…anyway, I’m gonna jump off a cliff in a few books.” – Bluestar, an accurate quotation.

He was definitely given a lot more character in Bluestar’s Prophecy, which was, in my opinion, one of the best Warriors books to date. Kate, you SLAY me with your dying kittens!!!

…weird phrase. Anyway. The book had stakes, conflicts, moral reasoning, and one of the more interesting characters I found was Thistleclaw.

Thistleclaw had a loving mate and a kit, and reached warriorhood when everything was going badly in his hometown. He decided to fix it and be leader. Only issue really, was the whole bloodthirsty, blood, evil cat, thing. But if you look closer, was that really it?

His biggest character flaw is one common in the young adult genre: Ambition.
    But Bluefur also had ambition.
    Thistleclaw was interesting because he wanted to lead the clan, when the main character, Bluefur, had the same goal. Considering most of the things in his life, it might’ve been all either of them had left in the end. Thistleclaw just wanted to lead Thunderclan and make it the best it could be. Even if that meant scaring the medicine cat. And accidentally starting two villain’s story arcs. Whoops.

Thistleclaw had a goal. He got damaged along the way, and he didn’t get it. He nearly did, but he didn’t. Then he worked himself to death doing all he had left: being a buttface.
    Bluefur had a goal. She got even more damaged along the way, and she got it.

They both had the same motivation, and were willing to do it in their own means. What made the book complicated and interesting was that it wasn’t so black and white in the end, and it came down to themselves in the end. Thistleclaw was more bloodthirsty, Bluefur was more self-sacrificing. It was themselves that steered the way.

Also, it was kind of like a reality TV show.

That was the basis of Bluestar’s Prophecy. Moving on.

Crookedstar’s Promise! I cried over this book too many times to be healthy. I LOVE this time period, and it was great to get an insight on it for the first time. (Y’know, before every cat and their mom got a special edition about it.)

Thistleclaw’s in the Dark Forest.

…well, it had to happen at some point, Omen Of The Stars was BIG, they needed to slot him in. Did they explain why? Uhh…we’ll get back to that later.

I inferred that this was some kind of means to an end thing. Get better, get leader, get probable bloodshed or something, but also get leader!!! Bluefur was getting help from Goosefeather, why couldn’t he get help from evil cat ghosts? Maybe he got a bit too into it, but also maybe it was for the good of the clan.

He also tries to make friends with Crookedjaw!!! Look at my boy!!! Teaching the future Riverclan leader how to kill people!!!

Another good thing about Crookedstar’s Promise: he GRIEVES. That’s huge. Look at my tortured boy, out…torturing.

Moving on to the rest of the main series! There isn’t much of note here, really. Thistleclaw’s evilllllll, hisssssssss, I’m gonna kill you nooooowwww, be scaaaaaaared, hisssssssss. The main series already brushed him off as Evil McEvil-Evil. He’s just an evil cat who makes evil things happen evilly. He doesn’t die, but disappears into the shadows, finger clicking.
    Hisssssss.

And then, Spottedleaf’s Heart. The age old question that was actually answered by Shiver’s common sense earlier.

“WHY WAS THISTLECLAW IN THE DARK FOREST?”

Well, why wasn’t Ashfur?

(I await your articles, Blogclanners.)

Turns out it’s because he led the darling angel that was Spottedleaf into a borderline pedophilic romance. It was supposed to be creepy, it was MEANT to be creepy. It’s an entire different topic, but my main point is: would Thistleclaw do that?

Bluestar’s Prophecy’s Thistleclaw’s a cat with a goal. Become leader. Then he’s grumpy and evil and kills people.

I don’t see Spottedleaf fitting into that nonsense? At all?

I love Vicky with all my heart, but this isn’t what my boy Thistle’s about, dog. He’s about that Thunderclan leader’s den, that mate he actually loved and then got hit by a truck, that boy he loved but passed off as weak so the Place of No Stars wouldn’t touch him.

Why couldn’t Vicky touch any other character in the “hiss hiss evil cat’ pile? Because no one knew why Thistleclaw was in the Dark Forest?

It!!! Made!!! Sense!!! Already!!!

Better question – why didn’t she use a different Dark Forest extra, that was lesser known?

Silverhawk would’ve nailed it. It would also show a forbidden clan love as a BAD THING FOR ONCE. MAKING IT MAKE SENSE IN THE LONG RUN.

Maybe Shredtail? All we know is that he’s a cat with a messed up tail!!! We could give him a CHARACTER!!!

Heck, BROKENSTAR would’ve made more sense, if Vicky was going for a big name with more substance. All he really has is that he’s angry all the time.

It just felt like a cop-out for me. I love Thistleclaw, but Vicky should’ve really chosen someone different to throw under the Thunderpath.

Vicky, look after your Thistleclaws.

– Sincerely, the canon medicine cat apprentice at some point who’s very in love with Blue Whisker.

the official TSGN skeleton

• Rosefur
      April 19, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Congratulations on being in the book by the way, I was smiling when I read about you. 😀

Shiver
        April 19, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Thank you!

(They got my eye color wrong!!! I can complain about a Warriors eye color again, AND the Warrior is ME! AAAAA!!!)

the official TSGN skeleton

• Rosefur
          April 20, 2017 at 12:40 am

XD that’s hilarious

• Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
      April 20, 2017 at 2:21 am

Was it bad that I kind of like the Thistleclaw and Spottedpaw of thing? Great analysis!
      When I read that you were the medicine cat apprentice I kind of freaked… in a good way…

Shiver
        April 20, 2017 at 2:24 am

Nah man!!! I get how it was interesting, (it had HawkxIvy vibes apparently), I just wish it wasn’t my boy Thistle.

ME TOO!!!!!!

the official TSGN skeleton

• Moonpaw/feather That Is Not-So Secretly In Love With Jayfeather
      April 21, 2017 at 4:15 am

Thistleclaw was actually sent to Starclan, but Bluestar chased him into the Dark Forest!

🍌🍌Queen of the Bananas!🍌🍌

Shiver
        April 21, 2017 at 5:10 am

If that’s true, why did they have to have this big Spottedleaf thing then??? It just confuses me to no end :/

the official TSGN skeleton

Jayfrost
          April 21, 2017 at 5:19 am

It’s not. Vicky confirmed that he went straight to the Dark Forest. And he more than deserved it from what we’ve seen from him through the series. 😛

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

Shiver
            April 21, 2017 at 10:22 am

Gentle, sad, sigh. I miss Bluestar’s Prophecy era Thistleclaw, man.

the official TSGN skeleton

Jayfrost
              April 21, 2017 at 6:57 pm

I don’t really see how Spottedleaf’s Heart’s Thistleclaw is any different from that Thistleclaw. He was always an aggressive, ambitious, selfish kind of cat.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

Shiver
                April 22, 2017 at 12:38 am

well, if you actually look at the original post, I did a big character study on Thistleclaw and why I disagree 😛

the official TSGN skeleton

Jayfrost
                  April 22, 2017 at 1:24 am

I saw. I intended to reply, but I didn’t have time, as my reply would be quite long if I was going to reply properly. 😛 I might try to find time to still reply later. I’ve also just written an article review of Spottedleaf’s Heart, which details my thoughts on Thistleclaw and how the book is fitting for his character in more length, though that likely won’t be posted for a fair bit.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

Shiver
                  April 22, 2017 at 9:33 am

look forward to it! 😉

the official TSGN skeleton

Jayfrost
        April 21, 2017 at 5:16 am

Vicky confirmed that was a joke. He went straight to the Dark Forest.

BlogTeam Administrator, Deputy

• April 25, 2017 at 6:53 pm

Very passionate comment there Shiver! But I think that it’s totally reasonable. Thistleclaw is now my all-time fav villain!!! Yeah!!!

Shiver
        April 25, 2017 at 11:17 pm

YEAH!!!

the official TSGN skeleton

6. Sky where Freedom Flies
    April 20, 2017 at 2:16 am

Is everyone ignoring the fact that Whitestorm was described as an elderly tom in the first series and Spottedleaf was born maybe 8 moons after him?

• April 21, 2017 at 12:54 am

And in Into the Wild, Graypaw says that Darkstripe is neither young nor pretty despite him being younger than Spottedleaf.

7. April 21, 2017 at 12:35 am

I never thought I could hate a ship more than CrowfeatherXNightcloud…

But then ThistleclawXSpottedleaf came along.

• Icekit(Icetail)
      April 22, 2017 at 6:38 pm

True

8. Minnowfur
    April 21, 2017 at 4:15 am

I found it funny that Shiveringrose wanted Clover and Thisle to get dock leaves then she got mad at them for bringing the wrong leaves.
    Um Shiveringrose….Clover and Thisle are not medicine cats lol

9. Firefly That Glows In The Night (Fireflykit)
    April 21, 2017 at 4:58 am

I have not read the book yet, how is it?

• Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
      April 21, 2017 at 12:04 pm

It’s good!

• Firefly That Glows In The Night (Fireflykit)
        April 21, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Awesome! I only ordered SS, so I don’t know where to get LotC

• Rainpaw
          April 21, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Amazon or Barnes and Noble, maybe?

Mrrrow.

• Firefly That Glows In The Night (Fireflykit)
            April 22, 2017 at 1:24 am

I don’t feel like asking my Mom to buy the book. I read the sample, though. I wish the books were separate so you could read all of the samples!

10. April 22, 2017 at 2:06 am

So I was just reading Thunderstar’s Echo and I noticed that “said” was used a lot instead of “mewed” or “meowed”. I think that’s the first time I’ve seen “said” being used in a Warriors book. I dunno, I just tend to notice things like that 😛

Flowerstream
      April 22, 2017 at 2:10 am

Yeah, I’ve never really seen them use “said”

BlogTeam Mod (& a Hufflepuff)