Willowpaw and Gummypaw discuss the changes in Onestar’s character.
Hello, and welcome to a comparison of Onewhisker to Onestar! This is an article collaboration so you (might) notice some different writing styles!
Willowpaw: It’s more like analyzing…
Gummypaw: Who cares?
Willowpaw: I care.
We all know Onestar has changed drastically, so today we’ll be taking a look at the differences.
Here is a list of 5 differences between Onewhisker and Onestar.
1. (This one’s quite obvious) Onewhisker became the leader of WindClan. That changed many things in the future.
2. The relationship Firestar and once-Onewhisker died when he became the totally very amazing leader, Onestar. They used to be great friends starting when Firestar and Graystripe brought back WindClan in Fire and Ice, but then Onestar suddenly started closing off to Firestar.
3. Onestar has obviously grown more independent, a bit too independent. Onestar/Onewhisker used to help and get help from other Clans when there was trouble. In Thunder And Shadow, we saw that Onestar was so “independent” he refused to help ShadowClan when they were dying.
4. Once Onestar became leader, he became very suspicious of the other Clans. He was so suspicious after he lost a life to the rogues, he couldn’t bear to help ShadowClan.
5. (This is more opinion based) Now, for the last comparison, we’ll have a few opinions on Onewhisker vs Onestar.
Hate him – Steppy (Foxstep)
BLAAAAAAH – Darkpaw
Onestar is bad – Birchy (Birchfoot)
I understand him feeling that he needs to prove himself and that he must be independent but later he got unreasonable – Wollow (Willowpaw)
Same with Wollow – Wistep (Also Willowpaw)
Onewhisker was okay – Darkpaw
Loveable – Gummypaw
Great – Willowpaw
EXTRA, TOTALLY PLANNED BONUS FOR BOTH SIDES:
When he was Onewhisker, he was very kind, and was always open minded to helping the other Clans in times of need. But when he became Onestar, things started to change. He became more closed up to the world.
And what changed him the most was that Onestar had this extremely strange belief that when he was leader, he had to be strong. He thought that he had to prove himself to his Clan because of his former support for supposedly-weak-kittypet Firestar. In my opinion, all leaders SHOULD look strong, but not to the point where they refuse to help, or refuse the help.
I’m pretty sure there was a reason why Tallstar chose Onewhisker as his successor at the last minute. And I am also pretty sure that reason involved something about his relationships outside WindClan.
Overall, Onestar has really changed a lot. His entire personality changed from the loyal and kind warrior Onewhisker, to the cruel and cold leader we know as Onestar. Of course, many things are still obviously the same, but Onestar really has changed quite a bit over time.
- None Found