Rant About Bright Stream’s Death by Wafflepaw

Wafflepaw discusses the themes of BrightΒ Stream’s death.

Artwork by Cold Rising

Hi! Prepare yourself, cos I’m about to rant
I just got the Sun Trail, and have only read until chapter ten. Note that I don’t know much about the arc!
Bright Stream’s death was not Gray Wing’s fault. She is the one who chose to save him, which was heroic, but no one should blame Gray Wing. He could barely move because of the pain in him, and when Bright Stream called for him to save her, he was unable to get up and help her! If anyone, Clear Sky made her join them on the journey, and Shaded Moss is the one who made her go on the patrol to kill those eagles. It was no cat’s fault! And the fact that Gray Wing is blaming himself is sad! If Clear Sky hadn’t convinced her to go on the journey to the forest, Bright Stream would never had been in that situation! And if Shaded Moss hadn’t been a bossy mouse-brain, she would’ve never died! But, she died a hero. She was snatched by the eagle while trying to help Gray Wing, which I assume would’ve been her chosen death.

The saddest part about this death wasn’t Gray Wing or Clear Sky’s reactions, it was of course, the kits Bright Stream had in her belly. All she wanted was to raise kits with the tom that she loved, in a new, safe place with plenty of food and happiness, but she was taken by the eagle, killing her and her kits. I’ve heard Clear Sky turns like… mad, and if Bright Stream and the kits hadn’t died, and they had established a family, maybe Clear Sky would’ve remained the kind cat he was before her death! Now, he is already kinda hostile and doesn’t talk to nor share nests with Gray Wing, which makes sad sadder.

Overall, I think this was a sad death, but like any other death, it was necessary for the plot. What do you think? I have huge anticipations for this arc, and can’t wait for the rest of it to be translated to Norwegian!
Btw, this is my first article, so please be nice in the comments! πŸ™‚
~~Peace out~~

Similar Posts:

12 Replies to “Rant About Bright Stream’s Death by Wafflepaw”

1. Airwave who is @ school
    June 19, 2017 at 12:08 pm

hi

2. Sky
    June 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm

That’s right! It was sooo sad and I ship ClearXBright

3. Flamepaw who is way to lazy to login
    June 19, 2017 at 5:36 pm

I totally agree. Though somehow Kate or someone always comes up for a reason why it is necessary that they died.

• Mosspaw (Mossfluff)
      June 19, 2017 at 10:26 pm

So true! πŸ˜•

I've returned from the dead 🌧

4. Sleet That Falls On Frozen Flower (Sleetfall The Yellow Eraser)
    June 19, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Why do cats always die. BTW Cars 1 was released in the U.S. on my first bday.

5. Mosspaw (Mossfluff)
    June 19, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Great article Wafflepaw! πŸ˜€

Bright Stream’s death is super sad! I think it was the saddest death (for me) in that arc – except for one more which I won’t mention. Sadly, I have to disagree with you on the part where you say that Clear Sky made Bright Stream go on the journey. Yes, he did push her to travel with him along the Sun Trail but it was Bright Stream’s own decision. πŸ™‚

All in all, fantastic first article!

I've returned from the dead 🌧

6. Willowstep
    June 20, 2017 at 12:16 am

That was a really sad scene. I have only read a tiny part of the Sun Trail (and I haven’t read Dawn of the Clans), but that was one of the parts I read.
    A.G.R.E.E.D.

7. Emberpaw
    June 20, 2017 at 12:56 am

*SPOLIER* grey wing and clear sky make up but its like 4 or 3 books later and you just reminded me of his death which was SO SAD and also the cats die usally to push their mates or children in to depressionwhere they dont think straight which majorly alters the storyline

8. June 20, 2017 at 10:10 am

Great article!

I agree that it was a really sad death… Bright Sream and Clear Sky would have had lovely kits together!

Sorzi
    And the stars shone

9. Waffles
    June 20, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Oh! My article was published! πŸ˜€ Hehe… RIP BRIGHT STREAM!!!!! πŸ˜«πŸ˜­πŸ’”β£οΈ

100% Waffle, And Nothing More

10. Goldenpetal
    June 26, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Ok let’s look at this a different way if Brightstream had lived there wouldn’t have been a ThunderClan or at least not Named ThunderClan since Clearsky is the father of Thunder