Announcement: The BlogClan Summer Gathering!

Three members of BlogTeam introduce you to the next big thing coming to BlogClan!

Josh: Hello, hello, one and all! Welcome to today’s announcements, thank you for tuning in! Myself, Flo, and Shiver will be introducing you to the next upcoming event on BlogClan.

I hope you’re ready, because it’s time for the next BlogClan Gathering! Our Summer Gathering, to be precise! In case you haven’t been around to see our past Gatherings, I’ll explain:

On BlogClan, Gatherings are our big community events where we’ll gather around live chat, divide into four teams, hold contests, and over the course of the day compete for points to find the Gathering victor. It’s always a friendly and exciting event, and this time we’ll be taking it into the big leagues! All of that, however, will be explained in due time…

Shiver: You may be confused as to how we are broadcasting this. How can three BlogClanners talk at once in a single BlogClan post? Is it magic in the air? Witchcraft? Did StarClan finally pull through? Depends. Maybe it’s Maybelline.

Anyway, another announcement! This is a very special gathering, possibly the spookiest yet. It’s a BlogClan first, and set to excite!

They say that everything comes in twos: StarClan and the Dark Forest, Josh and font changing, mods and speeding tickets.

That’s right, it’s a very special, very important, never seen before, two day Gathering! This will be the first Gathering to ever last for two days, and as such, it’s going to be our biggest Gathering yet! There’s more news to come. Take it away, med cat!

Flo: This nifty two day Gathering will have our usual contests, but wait- there’s more! First of all, something that will be highly appreciated, the fanfiction and fanart contest will be 2 days long. You’re welcome. As always, we’ll have our usual contests, such as Name that Book, Riddles, Name that Character and more, along with Guest-Hosted Contests, so stick around for that. More info will come! Anyways, I’m going to let the lovely Josh (pls tell him how great he is) take over from here.

Josh: This time, there’s more than contests! At the Summer Gathering, you’ll have the opportunity to show off your work at your very own BlogClan Booth. What does that mean, you ask? Well, as we head towards the Gathering, we’ll be seeking out members who want to share their fanfiction, art, or any other creations they’ve cooked up. At the Gathering, these members will be given a spot to share this work with the community and talk us through it. It’s an experiment for the new Gathering, and we’re excited to see how it turns out. Is there anything else left to mention, Shiver?

Shiver: Not to mention the day this is actually taking place on! We can’t have a Gathering without a date, can we?

The festivities of the Gathering will take place on August 5th and 6th!

Phew! I think that was the most important announcement of them all! I’m glad this was a surprise for everyone, and wasn’t leaked prior to this post in the slightest. 🙂

Flo: As the wise Shiv once said, “everything comes in twos.” Well this year, so do the Gathering teams. That’s right, the Stoats, Ferrets, Weasels and Otters are gone. We’re making 2 entirely new Gathering teams, and we’d love for you folks to help us out with that! What would you like as the Team names? Feel free to leave ideas in comments, we’ll be looking at all of ‘em.

Josh: Myself, Flo, Shiver, Iceflower and Russetfeather have all been working hard to bring you this Gathering and we hope you’ll enjoy it. There’s even more that we haven’t mentioned here, like a murder-mystery secret page hunt and a series of special Gathering emotes!

Over the next few weeks we’ll have more details to share, including organisation for the new teams, BlogClan Booths and Guest-Hosted Contests, so stay tuned as we head towards the biggest event on BlogClan’s calendar!

(Sidenote: if you’re looking to prepare a BlogClan Booth, now would be a great time to get cracking on some works to share, and we’ll be eager to hear from you once we open up for entries.)

Thanks for reading everyone, and thanks to Flo and Shiver for helping with this. And I’d be remiss not to give an equal amount of thanks to Iceflower and Russetfeather, who aren’t here today but have also been heavily involved in the organisation of the Gathering – you guys rock!

From all of us here on BlogTeam: we hope to see you soon!

Similar Posts:

259 Replies to “Announcement: The BlogClan Summer Gathering!”

1. July 23, 2017 at 2:44 am

I’ll have to be there! So I am still confused in where it is

Icy (Iceflower)
      July 23, 2017 at 3:16 am

I’m not Josh, but, like Shiv, I have all the answers. 😉

It will be on live chat! 😀

❄ Icy - BlogTeam Moderator ❄

Shiver
        July 23, 2017 at 3:45 am

you stole my catchphrase… 🙁

mod. not medcat but still cool

Icy (Iceflower)
          July 23, 2017 at 4:44 am

Sorry, it was far too good not to use. 🙁

❄ Icy - BlogTeam Moderator ❄

2. Dark Shadow on Water
    July 23, 2017 at 7:02 am

I am new so how do gatherings work?
    Are we in a chat room or a feed?
    Tanks
    Winterkeep
    Pss I Have a Team Names
    Popcorn vs zombies
    Lionclam vs tigerclam
    Red vs blue

Icy (Iceflower)
      July 23, 2017 at 4:56 pm

Hello, and welcome to BlogClan!

Gatherings take place in the live chat, which is located under the “Need Company?” dropdown menu! It will also be available on the Gathering post, which will be posted on August 5th. 🙂

❄ Icy - BlogTeam Moderator ❄

3. Foxtail
    July 23, 2017 at 7:31 am

Fun! So how do get/join the Gatherings? Where is it (in BlogClan)?

• Sundance
      July 23, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Icy answered this question on the post above yours! 🙂
      Gatherings take place on live chat, which can be found under the “Need Company?” tab. Once the team names are decided, there will be a post allowing you to sign up. (At least, I imagine that’s what will happen.) So keep your eye out for that! 😀

4. Brightkit
    July 23, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Icy said before that it was in live chat, I think. 🙂
    Don’t listen to me though.
    I’m just a kit.
    I don’t know anything.
    I can’t use my wits.
    Perhaps you would like to ask an adult
    They’ll have a better result.
    Don’t listen to me though.
    I’m just a kit.
    That was the Poem of Low Self-Esteem.

• July 23, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Btw ranks really don’t matter on BlogClan like they do in warriors 🙂

What time is it?.. SUMMERTIME

• Sundance
      July 23, 2017 at 6:48 pm

BBRRRIIIIGGGHHHTTT ❤
      You are more than just a kit! You’re our friend and family and equally awesome as everyone here. And that answer was perfect! 😀

5. Mistypaw loves chocolate and Wings of Fire/Misty the choco cat/Eeveepaw
    July 23, 2017 at 1:59 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I CAN’T GO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Why do I never get to attend any of the important BlogClan events? StarClan hates me T_T)
    How about OMNOMNOMCAKE v.s NARFNARFNARFCOOKIES? 😛

6. July 24, 2017 at 2:58 am

So how do sign up for a Blogclan booth I want to do fanfic so…..

7. Bluebellpaw is so tired and lazy and also won't sign in
    July 24, 2017 at 4:55 am

who just scrolled to the bottom and didn’t read the article and just typed a comment? well i’m going to read it soon.

8. Blackburr the rebel!!1!1
    July 24, 2017 at 4:28 pm

When I heard Fan fiction… O BOI I’M IN

9. Mistypaw
    July 24, 2017 at 9:52 pm

I’ll be there

10. Jetclaw
    July 24, 2017 at 10:26 pm

For the booth do the works need to be finished, or can I update some of my in-progress fics as part of my booth?
    I’ve currently got a one shot in the works to give a cat who had the absolute worst thing happen to them in my opinion, and deserve a little love and a happier ending. But aside from that most of my works are a work in progress.