Why Spiderleg isn’t that bad (SPOILERS) by Fawnpaw

Fawnpaw defends Spiderleg’s character.

Artwork by Tusofsky

Yeah, you read the title right. I actually like Spiderleg. And before I start, I found a pretty good video on this topic! It’s called ‘Spiderleg: THE WORST CAT DAD EVER? | Warriors’ by Bright Guardian Akira. It covers some of the things I’ll be saying here. So, I’ll be answering your invalid arguments.

“He neglected his kits and Daisy!”
Well, Spiderleg wasn’t ready for kits yet. Then why did he become mates with Daisy, you ask? Before you say ‘Well, he thought Daisy was infertile!’ I’m gonna tell you this: NO! Spiderleg was very much alive AND a warrior when Daisy brought HER kits into ThunderClan. So, here’s the real answer: Spiderleg loved Daisy, but he’s s h y. Also, he most likely never lost the grief of Shrewpaw, his littermate’s death. He never really interacted with his family, since he was the oldest child alive, and his parents usually cared for the younger ones. Here’s an example of Spiderleg’s shyness. This takes place after Ferncloud’s death, when they are sitting vigil. Birchfall comes over to sit vigil with his family, but Dustpelt pushes him away. Spiderleg doesn’t dare to object, because he’s SHY! You may argue that Icecloud and Foxleap didn’t argue either, but they were following their older brother’s example.

Most people’s excuse for Spiderleg would be ‘His parents neglected him, so that’s why he neglects his kits!’ And once again, I say NO to this! (Ayyyyyy Hamilton reference) Sure, Spiderleg was neglected by his parents by them having more kits, but he wouldn’t want his kits to feel the same way. He definitely still loves Daisy, as near to the end of OoTS, he starts trying to socialize with her again. Most things are getting closer to alright, ’til Toadstep dies. OF G R E E N C O U G H. In the video I mentioned, there’s a nice depiction of this scene. So go watch the video!

Anyways, Spiderleg and Daisy start to get closer and closer, and there’s finally hope of them loving eachother again!

Til Spiderleg dies. The same way his son did. They just killed him off by greencough, and he doesn’t even get a death scene!
Well, I’m done my Spiderleg rant! I’ll be doing more hated characters next, but my current list is:
Millie
Ashfur
Ferncloud
Crowfeather
Dovewing
Onestar
Clear Sky
Berrynose
Breezepelt
Nightcloud

I hope you liked this article!

Similar Posts:

22 Replies to “Why Spiderleg isn’t that bad (SPOILERS) by Fawnpaw”

1. September 30, 2017 at 9:39 am

Amazing theories! I ‘m pretty sure they’re correct ๐Ÿ™‚ I have an entirely different view on Spiderleg now ๐Ÿ˜€ Looking forward to some more articles like this!

Pls become a mentor ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Mettaclaw
    September 30, 2017 at 5:01 pm

me too! because of your article i think its really sad for spiderleg. and i always thought he was a peace of fox dung!his parents are actually the pieces of fox dung.sad that he needed to die. why erins!why! great article fawnpaw!

• Foxtail
      September 30, 2017 at 5:36 pm

No!!! His parents aren’t fox dung!!! None of them are! (I personally love FernxDust. I agree with Fawny about how his parents were stressed and busy with keeping Birchkit/fall alive and stuff. Spiderleg is just kind of another background character to me though)

3. Stormpaw (Stormjay/ RANDOMSTAR)
    September 30, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Wow I like him a lot better now. Nice article!

4. Pinepaw
    September 30, 2017 at 6:22 pm

I love Spiderleg XD

5. Mettaclaw
    October 1, 2017 at 4:03 pm

its sad for him, his parents neglecting him, his sister dyieng, and his daughter dyeing to. but he stil could of been a better father for his kits. when they played with him he pushed them of and said to go away. even a other cat who was not their parent would not have done that!

6. October 1, 2017 at 8:59 pm

I think it’s interesting that another user likes Spiderleg. Ferncloud and Dustpelt did neglect him but, I agree that’s not the reason he neglected his kits. I don’t think he meant to neglect him. And Daisy wasn’t a good character either, I think she’s worse than Spiderleg.

7. Bramblefire
    October 2, 2017 at 4:44 pm

I feel bad for the guy. He was a jerk to Daisy, but in Bramblestar’s Storm he really tried to rekindle their relationship. Poor guy died before he could do anything to better himself. He’s really just a tragic character.

• Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
      October 2, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Yeah I donโ€™t really mind Spiderleg, he wasnโ€™t ready for kits and he was just really shocked when Daisy had his kittens