Why Ashfur is NOT the father of Dovewing and Ivypool by Fawnpaw

Fawnpaw examines the genetic family tree of Dovewing and Ivypool.

Artwork by Clearbreeze

Hey BlogClan, I made an article here to tell you why Ashfur isn’t the father of Dovewing and Ivypool.

For some reason, some people came to believe that Ashfur was the father of some of the main characters in Omen of the Stars, and I personally have no idea why.

Whitewing, (from what I remember), never showed any interest in Ashfur, and Ashfur certainly didn’t seem to show interest in Whitewing. One of the arguments with people that say Ashfur is the father, is Dovewing is gray, and Ivypool is a silver tabby, but Birchfall is brown and Whitewing is, well, white. But lets look into the family tree of the two, shall we?

Whitewing’s mother is Brightheart, whose sister, Cinderpelt, has gray fur.

Birchfall’s mother is Ferncloud, who has a speckled gray pelt, and Ferncloud’s mother is Brindleface, who has a gray tabby one.

Dovewing and Ivypool could’ve got their gray fur from both their mother and father’s side of the family, plus the Erins aren’t the best with cat genetics in the books, so literally any cat could be the father of Dovewing and Ivypool. And its been confirmed by the Erins MULTIPLE TIMES that Birchfall is the father, so why think that its Ashfur? There is no reason why Ashfur would be the father, especially with the whole thing with him and Squirrelflight going on, so there is no reason why this should exist. Another argument is that Ashfur has blue eyes, and so do Dovewing and Ivypool, but let’s at the family tree again, shall we?

Cloudtail has blue eyes, Cloudtail’s daughter is Whitewing, whose daughters are Dovewing and Ivypool, who also have blue eyes.

Dove and Ivy most likely got their blue eyes from Cloudtail, their grandfather. Again, Ashfur is certainly NOT their father. Sure, they have the same colored pelt, but so do cats on both of their parents families. I mean, Ashfur’s SISTER, who has nearly the exact same pelt color and markings that he has, is Dovewing and Ivypool’s grandmother! And sure, Ashfur has the same color eyes of Dove and Ivy, but so does Cloudtail, their grandfather!

If Ashfur truly found love with Whitewing, he would’ve moved on and stop with his whole tantrum with Squirrelflight and trying to kill her family.

This is Fawnpaw, with another article, signing out!

(Hope you liked it! <3)

~Fawn

Similar Posts:

11 Replies to “Why Ashfur is NOT the father of Dovewing and Ivypool by Fawnpaw”

1. January 2, 2018 at 12:54 am

There was another Article stating that Ashfur was their father that I read, and it showed examples of Ashfur and Whitewing lovingly teasing each other, and they were hanging out.

Cloudtail is the adoptive brother of Ashfur and Ferncloud, and Whitewing is the daughter of Cloudtail.

Obviously they would have some family relation, even though Cloudtail isn’t seen interacting with his adoptive siblings never meant it didn’t happen.

ReginaXRobin Forever

2. Sky
    January 2, 2018 at 5:56 am

I agree. However, I need to say something. Cats get their coloring genetics ONLY from their mother and father. I totally agree that Ashfur isn’t their father – and if he was, that would be plain creepy. But Ferncloud and Ashfur are actually the adopted siblings of Cloudtail, not blood siblings. So as much as I agree that Ashfur isn’t their father, there are a few faulty points in the article.

If you look up cat genetics, by the way, you might find some very interesting f acts about white pelts…

• January 2, 2018 at 9:08 pm

I think the same as Sky. I agree but the cat genetics say otherwise. However, we have all realized that the Erins don’t always use correct cat genetics in Warriors.

Click my name!

3. Dive Like A Fox Into This New Year
    January 2, 2018 at 7:33 am

Also, Ferncloud, Birchfall’s mother, her brother is Ashfur who has dark blue eyes. Ivypool could have easily got her dark blue eyes from him (her great uncle I believe). And I agree with that why would Ashfur love Whitewing when he was obsessed with Squirrelflight? Now that I think about it, perhaps Ashfur did love Whitewing but he was still “in love” with Squirrelflight so he couldn’t express his feelings wholly. But who knows. They might have just been good friends. 🙂

Nice article!

4. Fawnpaw/Fawnspots
    January 2, 2018 at 4:53 pm

*checks BlogClan, minding my own business…and finds this*

ew

how come my articles are all so cringey 😛

• Maple Leaf Drifting On To Rudolph’s Nose (Mapledrift)
      January 4, 2018 at 8:57 pm

I know what you are feeling, mine are so so so so so cringy, yours are amazing though

5. January 2, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Cool good argument 🙂

6. Mintpaw
    January 2, 2018 at 6:47 pm

I wanted to comment another thing that Whitewing had Dovewing and Ivypool well after Ashfur died. In the book, queens are pregnant for two moons, and Ashfur died before Whitewing got pregnant more than two moons.

7. Hi! Hola! Aloha! Bonjour! Guten Tag! Ciao! Olà! Ni hau! Namaste! (Owlfeather)
    January 2, 2018 at 10:40 pm

Wow! I never thought about this! Honestly, I never thought about who the father of Dove and Ivy 😛 great article!

Hamilton+Warriors=Awesomeness!

8. Spark Whose Tooth is Cold from the Snow (Sparktooth :P)
    January 3, 2018 at 9:20 pm

Totally agree! I was really weirded out when people starting stating Ashfur was their father, because him mating with his brother’s kit is just plain creepy! It doesn’t matter if Cloudtail was adopted or not, it’s still creepy. Plus, it’s stated in the books so many times that Birchfall is their father. Great article!

9. Wrenfeather
    January 15, 2018 at 10:15 pm

Great article but the eyes have absolutely nothing to do with it. In all the books they never mention what color her eye are.