Why Appledusk is the Worst Mate Ever by Sky

Sky presents: The eternal hatred of Appledusk.

Artwork by Silverblaze

Hello, BlogClan! I’m here with another article.

I know that 90% of the cats on the Blog love Mapleshade and hate Appledusk, but I just wanted to make an article anyways.

Appledusk was probably one of the only mates in the warriors series that flat-out cheated on his mate. He turned away a mother who had just lost her kits, jumped onto a she-cat he’d been flirting with just in case, and then did a “noble” act of sacrifice. He didn’t deserve StarClan. Not in the least.

First off, he CHEATED. He told Mapleshade that he loved her while he flirted with another she-cat behind her back, just in case something bad happened. He was a selfish brat who didn’t give a cinch to his mate, who was obviously smitten with him. When his kits died, he didn’t even think about feeling bad, he just threw all the blame on a heart-broken mother and kicked her out into the wild. He then decided, “Oh, yay, time for me to mate with this other lady I’ve been flirting with.” All he wanted to do was to carry on his tainted blood.

Fans of Appledusk might argue that he was very brave and noble when he sacrificed himself for Reedshine and his kits. All I get out of that is an attempt to look good and get into StarClan while carrying on his bloodline.

Secondly, he ABANDONED HIS MATE IN HER TIME OF NEED. Mapleshade had just lost the only thing that she had left – her kits. And why did she cross the river, you may ask? Because she thought that she’d be safe with Appledusk. Even after her kits drowned, she just wanted to be with Appledusk. And what did Applebutt do? He accused, yelled, and abused her. And then he appealed to his leader, with the help of his back-up mate, and wouldn’t even let Mapleshade rest for ONE NIGHT. All he cared about was saving face and his own comfort. In fact, Applebutt’s been abusing Mapleshade since she first fell in love with him. He’s abused her love for him, and all for himself. He’s a selfish butthead who should be in the Dark Forest.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that Applebutt is one of the worst mates ever. I highly doubt that he truly loved Mapleshade and Reedshine, he just wanted to carry on his bloodline.

I can’t wait to read your comments! 🙂

~Sky

Similar Posts:

22 Replies to “Why Appledusk is the Worst Mate Ever by Sky”

1. ❤️Spiderpaw(song)❤️
    February 14, 2018 at 4:46 am

Cool article! I never really thought much about Applebuttdusk until I read this, but now I see what a jerk he was to Mapleshade 🙂

~Spidey!

2. Pondpaw the feline
    February 14, 2018 at 7:15 am

This makes me question if starclan has been particularly fair with who they choose to accept and who they choose not to accept. I am also currently raging over appledusk and mapleshade.

3. February 14, 2018 at 9:24 am

I agree that Appledusk was a very bad mate 🙂 But he wasn’t all bad – when Mapleshade came to kill him, he said ‘I don’t want to fight you’ or something like that. So either he was too cowardly to face an angry queen, or he still liked her and just had decided that he should let his loyalties lie in RiverClan. Also, I’d like to point out that whoever came up with the names in this book was awesome! I love the names Appledusk and Mapleshade! 😀

'StalkingInAFriendlyWay'-2017

4. Goldenpaw (Goldendapple)
    February 14, 2018 at 10:11 am

I have to agree with this. If Appledusk hadn’t rejected Mapleshade then perhaps she would have been able to stay with Riverclan and had more kits. I don’t exactly agree with him abusing her before her kits drowned, or him not loving her.
    If he had defended her and she was able to stay then I absoloutly ship Appledusk and Mapleshade.

All hail Starclan.

5. Shadowfate
    February 14, 2018 at 6:02 pm

Oh it’s worse than Appledusk just flirting with Reed while he was mates with Mapleshade, he actually got Reed pregnant before his kits sigh Maple died.
    Mere days after the kits died, Mapleshade over hears Reed talking about how she’s expecting his kits

• Sky
      February 17, 2018 at 12:22 am

Ikr!!

6. February 15, 2018 at 12:20 am

I totally agree!! And Applebutt is a very nice name for him. MAPLESHADE IS AWESOME!!!

Click my name!

7. Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
    February 16, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Appledusk is a bad mate and all, but (hopefully) nobody will ever be as bad of a mate as Tom in this series.

• juniperpool
      February 16, 2018 at 6:14 pm

^^^^

8. Sky
    February 17, 2018 at 12:23 am

I love all the comments! 🙂 I’m glad this got posted!

9. Flickerlight
    February 19, 2018 at 12:05 am

It’s a difficult to decide between your mate from another Clan or your own Clan, and we need to remember that, but I can agree that Appledusk was a pretty horrible mate. I mean, what?! How could you blame Mapleshade for your kits’ deaths when you couldn’t help them either. Mapleshade almost drowned trying to save them! But in all honesty, Mapleshade could have handled the situation in a better way than murdering her former mate in front of his new mate, then trying to punish her former mate’s descendants. What did poor Crookedstar ever do to her? What kind of a horrible cat tricks a kit into letting all those he loves die, right after his jaw got disfigured?! And THEN, like that’s not enough, she tries to kill Sandstorm and ends up killing Spottedleaf! I know that Appledusk is the worst mate in the Clans, but Mapeshade didn’t exactly improve from there.

Flickerpaw