StarClan; a difficult concept by Loudfern

Loudfern shares their opinion on StarClan.

Art by KZcat

StarClan, you know, where dead cats go to hunt and reunite with other cats for eternal bliss. You know, they watch over the Clans, some cats even get to send prophecies to them and all that stuff. Cool right?

Now, when I was first reading the series and as I’ve been re-reading them, whenever there is some mention of StarClan, I have to stop for a moment to get my head around it.

Basically what’s the point of life when StarClan’s around?
The question probably sounds weird now but hopefully by the end of the article you’ll get it.

I’ll break it down into sections.
1. The point
2. Similarities and Differences
3. Grief (this one is a big one for me)

Number 1: The point
To me, StarClan has two points: prophecy stuff and to make the concept of death a little easier to handle. I get it, death is difficult to think about, and prophecies are a major part of Warriors, but do we really need to push it until StarClan is literally just a better version of life? So we want StarClan to be a cat heaven right? Where cats hunt and frolick around with loved ones for eternity? And we need a source of the prophecies and some all powerful force?
Yeah well, quite frankly StarClan has combined these two things in a way that it’s actually just normal, everyday life.

Number 2: Similarities and Differences
The hunting, frolicking part shows that StarClan cats are capable of concentrating and loving and the prophecy part shows that StarClan cats can “think”. They can feel stress, anxiety, *list every other emotion here* and they can move, interact with each other and consciously “be themselves”.
In real life, cats can feel stress, anxiety, *list every other emotion here* and they can move, interact with each other and consciously “be themselves”.
The only difference between StarClan and real life is, you get to die in a variety of cool and exciting ways, and have kits.
Yes you can be a leader and a medicine cat and train but you can all do that in StarClan too.
Point is!; life literally has no meaning when you’ve got StarClan living like the royals.

Number 3: Grief!
What is the point of grief in Warriors?!
Like honestly, if a cat dies it really doesn’t matter because #1, you’ll see them again anyway and number #2, chances are, they will visit your dreams every few nights anyway! *cough* Spottedleaf, Snowfur, Molepelt, Willowbreeze, Sandgorse, Gray Wing, every cat that went to StarClan EVER. So it’s really not that bad.
In Thunderstar’s Echo when Lightening Tail dies, Thunderstar is literally speaking, talking to Lightening Tail and Lightening Tail is all cool with everything in StarClan. When Thunderstar comes back, we know he is overcome by grief. Why dude? You were literally just gossiping with him. Thunderstar’s all like “poor Lightening Tail poor poor Lightening Tail”, seriously mate??? Lightening Tail actually just told you a few seconds ago that he is happy and in perfect condition, and cool with what’s going on.

I’m sorry my opinions got a bit out of control XD.

In this scene, I couldn’t grieve with Thunderstar because well…reasons I stated above.

To Conclude,
StarClan is literally just life but perfect. I really just feel like StarClan has way too many qualities in a way it’s just not what it’s supposed to be. It’s not a cat heaven anymore, it’s a second chance at life.

To double conclude,
This is a weird article, I was bored thanks for reading XD

Similar Posts:

26 Replies to “StarClan; a difficult concept by Loudfern”

1. Hawkflight
    March 13, 2018 at 12:53 am

You can die in starclan.

---DepOut

• March 13, 2018 at 4:21 am

Yes but cats are less likely to try and kill you =) That’s like the biggest differences. I mean, the StarClan cats don’t even know what their prophecies mean!

• Hawkflight
        March 13, 2018 at 8:09 pm

True. You fade anyway eventually anyway…

---DepOut

2. Sunpelt
    March 13, 2018 at 12:59 am

I already like this article because it has a correctly used semicolon in the title 😛 But to address the “grief” some of the cats in the series don’t have StarClan cats in their dreams so they don’t see them until they die. Also, they don’t just kill them selves to get into StarClan because I think you need to live a noble life to go to StarClan. And the cats who fade in StarClan go to StarClan 2.0. Which is heckin annoying if you died more recently than your mom.
    (My headcanon is that StarClan has overflow servers) XD

sun-warmed kitty fur 😺

• Loudfern
      March 13, 2018 at 9:20 am

Punctuation 101 😛

• March 14, 2018 at 2:59 am

If that’s true, I would be the cat who doesn’t get into StarClan because I used my life to mess around. Then I’d go to the DF but be more interested in watching Netflix than in destroying the Clans. XD

Changed my suffix to -light!

3. Stormberry Who Knows Princess Leia And Is Also A Cat Master
    March 13, 2018 at 1:19 am

Nice article! I mean I did grieve with Thunderstar but everybody has their own opinion!

4. March 13, 2018 at 1:28 am

Nice article! I’ve never really thought about that before.

Changed my suffix to -light!

5. Sky
    March 13, 2018 at 1:42 am

Well, I say that heaven is also an idealized version of real life. Plus, grief comes because how long do you think it’ll take until you can see them again?

• Loudfern
      March 13, 2018 at 9:24 am

Yeah that’s true. But my thinking comes from this: my favourite cousin lives on the other side of Australia and I hadn’t seen her for 6 years. Recently, she came up to visit and I got to see her for an hour. Now, I know that that was probably the last time I’ll see her in my childhood. The next time I see her I’ll probably be 30 or maybe I won’t see her at all because we’ll both move on with our lives as we get into adult hood.

Yes, I’m somewhat disappointed, I really like her, but I don’t grieve over the fact that I won’t see her for a long time

• Spottedheart Needs Help Searching For a Four Leaf Clover!
        March 13, 2018 at 7:14 pm

But isn’t that because she isn’t dead and you know that you can’t control it? Death is different. But, I see where you’re coming from!

• Sky
        March 13, 2018 at 11:12 pm

That’s because you know she’s alive, as Spotted said. There will still be a chance the you’ll see her. When someone is dead, they are gone to the world and you know that you won’t see them until your end.

• Loudfern
        March 16, 2018 at 8:11 am

Yes but when someone does in real life, that’s it. There is no StarClan to go to, only eternal nothingness.

6. March 13, 2018 at 1:44 am

HA this is actually a really good point XD. Do you think a cat would commit suicide just to go to StarClan? But would StarClan accept them for being somewhat selfish and not protecting their clan? Hm… this was a really good topic and article Loudy!!

My YouTube is Moonfox 193!

7. March 13, 2018 at 1:54 am

Wow. Mind is blown. I honestly don’t know how to respond to this… I’ll come back it a few hours after I’ve wrapped my brain around it.
    Needless to say, great article! 🙂

Will be missing from Tues-Thur

• Hawkflight
      March 13, 2018 at 8:11 pm

XD

---DepOut

8. 🍀Spidey who couldn’t come up with a good St. Patrick’s Day name(Spiderpaw/song)🍀
    March 13, 2018 at 3:07 am

This was an interesting article to read! I have no opinion about StarClan, though. I agreed with you when I read the article, then I read other comments disagreeing and now I’m 50/50 on the subject. 😛

~Spicy Spidey

9. Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
    March 13, 2018 at 1:20 pm

I agree! StarClan is more of a bother than it is a helppp 😛

Sorzi (爱猫者)
    Not coincidence

10. March 13, 2018 at 1:56 pm

Cool article!I’ve never thought of this before, I just thought Starclan was simply a heaven for cats 😉. I think Starclan is just a place for dead cats to live, so it being similar to normal life is okay for me 😺. But I don’t think cats in Starclan can have kits at all 😛… And I think grief is still important in Warriors. Of course living cats can still communicate with dead cats through dream, but just for a couple of hour on some random days. It’s for the time they spent together in the camp when they’re still alive. Everyone will feel better after they meet someone they have been apart for some time, just like the cats. Grief may not be clear in Warriors, but it’s still there 😶.

MEOW FOR THE CATS 😼!!!