What is Dovewing’s REAL eye color? by Farwater

Farwater share what they found while wondering about Dovewing’s eyes.

Artist unknown (Source: Amino Apps)

I have had some confusion about Dovewing’s real eye color. I did some fact checking about it, like “Can white cats have golden eyes?” and things like that. I have found that the answers are vague, but I got a general idea. Dovewing can have any eye color, but the most common eye colors for white cats are gold and blue. that narrows it down. the problem is, white cats with blue eyes are most likely the cats that are deaf, and Dovewing is not deaf. there are a lot of cats with white fur and blue eyes that are not deaf, so it is still an option. enough with the facts for a while. now, on to what the Erins put in the books. most of the time, her eyes are blue. some people disagree, but I did a little skim of 3 books that have Dovewing in them, and most frequently the eye color is blue. back to the facts. I found that most cats with white fur also have blue eyes. If you search “pictures of white cats” on the internet, most of them have blue eyes. I found that 56 out of a hundred white cat pictures have blue eyes, and 44 have golden. What I’m trying to say is that Dovewing most likely had blue eyes. You might disagree, but all the facts state that I’m most likely correct. Besides, in the book “Thunder and Shadow” it mentions that she has blue eyes and her eyes are not mentioned in any other color. I think that saying that Dovewing have green of golden eyes was a mistake that was not caught by the editor. I have worked long and hard on this article, so please don’t get mad at me if you think I’m wrong. If you want, you can research this topic on your own, and see for yourself that Dovewing most likely has blue eyes. This topic has been around for years, but I think I am one of the only people to research it, with both facts and information from the book. Thanks for reading!

Similar Posts:

35 Replies to “What is Dovewing’s REAL eye color? by Farwater”

1. April 13, 2018 at 1:45 am

I really enjoyed this article, but I think that hers are green in my mind’s eye for some reason.

• April 18, 2018 at 9:16 pm

I agree. Plus, on the old cover of The Fourth Apprentice, there is a picture of her. She’s gray with green eyes.

• June 30, 2018 at 10:29 pm

Me too. And btw, she is not white. She is actually smoky gray, or light smoky gray.
      Just letting you know☺️I like to imagine her w/ green eyes, because of her mother(who had green eyes) and also her grandmother Ferncloud has green eyes. I like to imagine her like that.
      But I enjoyed your article & your opinion

2. Ravenfeather
    June 15, 2018 at 1:24 am

Ummm….. Dovewing is gray and though the Erin’s say that she has blue eyes, when she was born it said she had green and that’s how I imagine her.

3. Shadowpaw
    June 22, 2018 at 4:06 am

Ok, so I like your arguments, they’re all pretty valid.

Well, until you actually check some facts.

I don’t mean to sound rude, but Dovewing is grey, and in the most recent books, she has green eyes, most likely because the editors have decided to settle the argument of her eye color for themselves. Plus, if she had green eyes, it would be a nice little touch since Hollyleaf also had green eyes, and Dovewing was kind of, for lack of better words, a replacement for Hollyleaf. The part where you say that her being mentioned with golden eyes is an editing error is probably correct, as she is only ever really mentioned with golden eyes once or twice.

4. Poppycloud
    August 11, 2018 at 7:52 pm

The warriors wiki twitter account is gonna love the blue eyes answer.

Dawn of the Ember Solstice (Emberdawn)
      August 11, 2018 at 8:00 pm

The thing is, blue eyes is Kate’s answer, not an answer from all the Erins. It’s her own personal opinion of Dovewing’s eye colour, sort of like a headcanon instead of it outright being canon 🙂

Writer, photographer, mod

• Flameheart
        August 14, 2018 at 8:13 pm

You’re right. It’s only Kate’s opinion, and Kate doesn’t have the final say in the colours of eyes or pelts. She doesn’t even have the power to name kits anymore. The editorial team has the final say in everything, and lately it’s been green. Even in a book Kate wrote, Tigerhearts Shadow, her eyes were stated to be green over 40 times. Her opinion is valid, but for her to fight so hard over something that has so much proof against it is just plain ridiculous.