The Raging Storm Discussion Page

The discussion page for AVoS6: The Raging Storm!

Official book cover, illustrated by Owen Richardson.

…at least I’m pretty sure it’s Owen 😛

April 14th, 2018 edit: Whoops, it’s actually a discussion page because we don’t have enough info for it to be a spoiler page! Once we get the blurb, it’ll become a spoiler page!

Similar Posts:

774 Replies to “The Raging Storm Discussion Page”

1. Frogface
    April 15, 2018 at 1:55 am

I will be irritated if we don’t see a fight scene including Twigbranch. She has been an apprentice for ten to eleven moons, think I’m exaggerating? I’m not. She became an apprentice in leaf-bare of Thunder and Shadow, and now it’s leaf-fall again. She’s been an apprentice for nearly a year. She’s been trained by three different cats: Ivypool, a former Dark Forest trainee, Sandynose, a SkyClan cat, and Sparkpelt, a natural-born fighter. I will be shocked if she is not able to hold her own. With that many skills being taught to her, she has to be a good fighter.

Also, I think it’d be cute if she got one of Ivypool’s kits as an apprentice.

• 🌷Cheetah Tumbling into Spring Meadow... uh... Sparkishly (Cheetahpaw/spark)🌷
      April 15, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Yes!!!! Twigbranch needs to mentor Thriftstore 😀

gimme dem cheetos

• Silver who is Frolicking in a Meadow of Happiness
        April 16, 2018 at 2:51 pm

OMSC I totally agree!!!

• Aquaslide
          April 17, 2018 at 12:04 am

Me to 😆

(No comment)

• Jaysnow
        April 21, 2018 at 9:03 pm

She’ll probably get one of Lionblaze’s kits.

2. April 15, 2018 at 2:35 am

Wait a sec, I thought the blurb was already out?

(Quote from Warriors Wiki)

“ShadowClan has returned under the leadership of a new Tigerstar, but their renewed strength has brought the tensions around the lake to an explosive breaking point—and SkyClan’s place among the Clans is about to be decided once and for all.
    Each hardcover in the Vision of Shadows series also includes a double-sided jacket with a bonus poster!”

Keep sm;)ing

• April 15, 2018 at 11:34 am

I don’t think that’s the blurb because blurbs don’t usually include things in our world or things about he series overall.
      hmmm..
      lets me put this in an easier way to understand they usually don’t include things like this “With more than twenty-two million copies sold, the Warriors series has been flying off the shelves for fourteen years and counting. The Vision of Shadows series is the perfect introduction for readers new to the Warriors world, while existing fans will be thrilled to return to the days of Bramblestar and ThunderClan, after the events of Omen of the Stars.
      they sometimes include how many sold.

Don’t judge if I’m wrong that’s just my thoughts

• 🌷Cheetah Tumbling into Spring Meadow... uh... Sparkishly (Cheetahpaw/spark)🌷
      April 15, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Yeah I was wondering about that too…

gimme dem cheetos

3. Mistwhisker who finally decided to post on here after lurking for so long
    April 15, 2018 at 3:17 am

I am here for this, but if I don’t see a purge in this book I’m calling Tigerstar

• In Firestar We Trust
      April 15, 2018 at 11:49 pm

Well I’ll admit, I’m not a Skyclan fan. I love the original four clans. Still, this arc has been showing me that Skyclan can be interesting. As I believe things have been building towards Skyclan taking on a adversarial role. Already, Skyclan behaves different from the original four. Likely from Skyclan once being an independent clan. Where Leafstar didn’t have to worry about clan tensions with other clans, nor having to consider helping them. That’s not to say Leafstar is bad. Skyclan just does their own thing. Now there is also the fact Leafstar has been slowly becoming this angry and frustrated leader. I think she’s becoming a ticking time bomb. It reminds me of Onestar and Windclan. The building hostility towards Thunderclan before all out battle broke out in the Thunderclan camp. Except this time it’s Skyclan and Shadowclan. Which is going to be hard for Thunderclan, as they might have to choose who to ally with if Shadowclan and Skyclan decide they can’t share territory.

Personally, I’m not worried about Skyclan. If they got booted out, I wouldn’t shed a tear (except for Violetshine, she’s the best part of Skyclan).

Now some folks are saying they think some cats are going to die. Bramblestar and Mistystar have made those lists. Which makes me sad. I like both those cats. And I feel it’s far too early for Bramblestar to kick the bucket. Mistystar I understand (given that she’s the oldest leader), but she’s the last of Bluestar’s kits. So I sincerely hope not. I will add this though, I think Leafstar has the potential to make the dead pool. I don’t think she’ll come out of book six the same cat we know from the earlier books. And that could lead to a bad end.

On another note, I’d just like to say I’ve been enjoying this arc. Particularly Twigbranch’s growth. I’ve been tempted to draw picture of her turning down the Warrior Ceremony in Skyclan to return to Thunderclan. It’s a powerful scene. Uncomfortable, sure. But it reminds me of some old stories involving fighters deciding to break away from their masters and find their own path. Twigbranch didn’t get off easy either, as she had to really earn her way back into Thunderclan in book Five. Which I respect. She had sweet little moments with Lilyheart, Ivypool, Alderheart, Violetshine, and Hawkwing. And I really don’t understand the hate some readers have for her. I think the arc for Twigbranch and Violetshine has always been identity related for the two cats and trying to find where they belong. In which I’m sure this is all building to a much larger test for the sisters now that they feel they’re where they belong.

Shadowkit also seems like he may play a large role in book six. And I’m curious to see what kind of Cat he grows into. Also have to admit, it’s weird that there’s a new Tigerstar leading Shadowclan. Even though Tigerheart’s nature is closer to Bramblestar’s then he is Tigerclaw. It’s tough to shake the negative connotation that the name Tigerstar invokes, which is probably going to play a role in book six. But, I think this Tigerstar is a good cat (with the most impressive leader ceremony yet, Great Starclan).

At anyrate, I’ll leave my rant there for now. May Starclan light your paths. Peace.

• Ashwillow12
        April 16, 2018 at 12:21 pm

True, Leafstar was getting frustrated, but in defense of her: Two cats who had helped Darktail ruin and scatter their clan asked to join SkyClan as SkyClan was getting settled. She didn’t want the same thing to happen again and was worried about being driven from the lake. She was only trying to put her clan above all else and protect it. So I think her frustration is somewhat justified.

• April 16, 2018 at 1:00 pm

leafstar is the oldest leeader i think well she became a leader before mistystar

• April 16, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Yeah, she became leader a couple of moons after Firestar, so she is very old.

Keep sm;)ing

• In Firestar We Trust
            April 17, 2018 at 12:52 am

@Snowypaw (Snowystorm), @Silverpaw (Silverleaf/Silv): Fair point, Leafstar is the oldest leader in position held and likely in age too. I wasn’t factoring in Skyclan in my count of oldest leaders originally, my bad. I looked it up to be sure, but I figured you two are right with your posts. I’m starting to think it looks more and more unlikely she comes out of this arc okay.

@Ashwillow12: I agree, it’s justified. But that’s not where Leafstar’s building anger and frustration stops. Right from the time Skyclan gets territory, things were uneasy with Shadowclan. Back then, it is Shadowclan’s fault (not Tigerheart’s though, he’s cool). I still believe that Skyclan hasn’t forgotten Shadowclan’s past behavior. Which didn’t really play a role yet, but could in their list of Skyclan’s reasons to treat Shadowclan poorly in the future (Book 6 I imagine). Then you have cats leaving in book four at Twigpaw’s warrior ceremony (Book 4). That probably feels like a slap to the face. In book five, Shadowclan cats absorbed into Skyclan question Leafstar’s orders. Some not fully obeying ones given. That would get under any leader’s skin. Then, you have a Deputy (Hawkwing) refuse orders to support Tawnypelt’s argument during the fire to go help other clan cats. Nothing wrong with good intentions, but again – it has to feel like another slap to the face for disobeying direct orders. So I’m not sure how that’s going to effect things going forward. Maybe this is just a hint that Hawkwing will struggle with obeying orders if Thunderclan ever attacks Skyclan. If nothing else, it might make Leafstar feel insecure with all these events having passed. And lash out.

It’s also clear she is annoyed Shadowclan left Skyclan reabsorbing their old territory to follow a different leader. Justified, sure. But it’d be surprising if she wasn’t furious about that. I think Leafstar, and even many Skyclan cats, feel they’ve been slighted by Shadowclan. I think all this is a snowball effect. Where a small ball rolling down a hill becomes a giant one. You can justify anything with emotion, but it doesn’t mean it’s always right. Chasing out rogues, and protecting their own is right. What comes in the future from all this tension, probably won’t be. Skyclan isn’t an evil clan. But that’s never stopped good clans from going to war against each other in the past.

At anyrate, I’m just fleshing out my point about Leafstar and Skyclan. Not attacking your opinion. Leafstar is a good leader. But so was Firestar and Bluestar. And they made mistakes. The Cats aren’t perfect. So it will be interesting to see where this all leads. I look forward to the next book. ^_^

• Hayjo
        April 23, 2018 at 1:04 am

bro Bramblestar is old as heck. he was born back when Bluestar was leader and Firestar was Fireheart.

4. Comet
    April 15, 2018 at 4:34 pm

I think that at a Gathering the Clans get into an argument about SkyClan and it turns into this war. I say one of the leaders, either Misty or Bramble die, or maybe one of the deputies. Then Violet and Twig solve it or something idk lol

• Spencer
      April 15, 2018 at 7:14 pm

I do agree with Bramblestar dying, but I think Mistystar should retire to the elders and Reedwhisker will become Reedstar.

• Aquaslide
        April 17, 2018 at 12:48 am

I’m not sure if a leader (besides Rowanclaw) has ever retired (to the elders den) before, and if one has, it was a long time ago. That would be nice to see, especially for Mistystar😀.

5. DeerSpirit1987
    April 15, 2018 at 4:55 pm

I just hope the whole Rippletail, Slatefur mixup is fixed, if not I want to find the editors and wrack them over the head with Tigerheart’s Shadow, so that way maybe they will actually read and take notice of previous books, so they can actually do their job and not make such terrible errors. I personally hope the book mostly is in Violetshine’s pov. She is the only pov character I like. I find Alderheart boring and don’t get me started on how much I dislike Twigbranch. I hope something happens to her where she is out of commission for most of the book like in Shattered Sky my favorite book in this arc. I also hope we mainly focus on Shadow and Sky clan. For the most part with the exception of Jayfeather, Ivypool, Bramblestar, Lionblaze, Cinderheart, Leafpool, Mousewhisker, Berrynose, Poppyfrost, Squirrelflight, Thornclaw, Cloudtail, Brightheart,Brackenfur, Bumblestripe, Sparkpelt, Alderheart, Molewhisker, Cherryfall Graystripe and Millie, I don’t even know who they are and I really have no attachments either. The characters I loved from Thunderclan are either dead or are retiring . The interest and attachment to the characters have switched from Thunderclan, to Shadowclan and Skyclan. I think the focus of the books should leave Firestar’s clan with his death and move focus to the other four clans.

6. 🌷Cheetah Tumbling into Spring Meadow... uh... Sparkishly (Cheetahpaw/spark)🌷
    April 16, 2018 at 1:44 am

I just want to take a moment to talk about how wonderful Harestar is. He’s a relatively young (Lionblaze aged) cat, and he still seems like he’ll be a pretty peaceful leader. I think that some of the WindClan cats (not to mention the other Clans) weren’t happy with the way Onestar handled things, and they seem much happier with Harestar as leader. Onestar took the first opportunity he could to make trouble with the other Clans, whereas in RoF, Harestar even offered to shelter some RiverClan cats after the fire! Plus his cats were willing to share herbs with the other Clans, and he just seems to handle things much better. Harestar hasn’t been rude to the other leaders, and his cats (excluding Breezepelt) aren’t as mean. Harestar’s been handling WindClan super well. He just… AGHHH… LOVE YOU HARESTAR!

gimme dem cheetos

7. Butterflyflower
    April 16, 2018 at 2:57 am

I think the cats on the cover are Pouncekit and Shadowkit. I kind of hope it’s them too, because I think we’ve seen enough of Voiletshine and Twigbranch on the covers already (though Idk if Twigbranch is on the cover of Shattered Sky or if it’s Needletail. I like to think it’s Needletail, but we still have Twigbranch on Thunder and Shadow)

• Sunpelt Who Has Ripped RoF From Amazon Box Jail And Devoured Its Contents (Sunpelt)
      April 16, 2018 at 4:21 am

I think the cats on the cover of SS are Violetpaw and Needletail.

sun-warmed kitty fur 😺

• Foxie Spring Butterflies
        April 17, 2018 at 12:34 am

It can’t be cause Pouncekit has dark amber eyes and Shadowkit has green eyes (according to the wiki)

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

• Butterflyflower
          April 17, 2018 at 3:03 am

I just looked on the wiki, and the only kit who has a confirmed eye-color (and I don’t quite remember all the descriptions in Tigerheart’s Shadow 😛 ) is Pouncekit, who does have amber eyes… but not all the covers are really that accurate (especially with eye colors), so I still think it could be Pouncekit, but it could also be Dovewing… Idk though (Tigerheart is also described with amber eyes, but on the cover for Tigerheart’s Shadow they’re more yellowish 😛 )

• Aquaslide
        April 17, 2018 at 12:51 am

I think it’s Darktail and Needletail😉

• Creamfrost is a grey colour pointed cat
      April 17, 2018 at 5:32 am

I think it’s Tigerheartstar and Hawkwing. It kind of makes sense

• April 21, 2018 at 10:15 pm

Yes, but one Hawkwing has amber eyes (not green) and Tigerstar II is a dark brown tabby, not black.

My YouTube is Moonfox 193!

• Foxie Spring Butterflies
        April 21, 2018 at 10:18 pm

It’s not/can’t be cause Hawkwing has amber-yellow eyes and Tigerheart/star is a dark brown tabby tom. 🙂 They are on Darkest Night instead I believe.

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

8. Sunpelt Who Has Ripped RoF From Amazon Box Jail And Devoured Its Contents (Sunpelt)
    April 16, 2018 at 4:20 am

Kate, I had this random thought just now but what do you think of Leafshine and Hickorynose being mates or at least having feelings for each other before she died? I noticed how much Hickorynose mentions her whenever she is brought up so it would be cool to see if they had a relationship.

sun-warmed kitty fur 😺

9. Sunpelt Who Has Ripped RoF From Amazon Box Jail And Devoured Its Contents (Sunpelt)
    April 16, 2018 at 4:38 am

I honestly think that the cover characters are Twigbranch and Hawkwing. Violetshine (who I’m ninety nine percent sure appears in SS cover, is seemingly white with black spots, which I personally like better than black with white but in any case these are all the cats I think are on the covers

TAQ: Alderpaw, Sparkpaw
    T&S: Twigpaw and Crowfrost (he kidnapped her)
    SS: Violetpaw and Needletail
    DN: Tigerheart/Leafstar? and Hawkwing
    RoF: Alderheart and Sparkpelt
    TRS: Twigbranch and Hawkwing
    I think the inconsistency with Hawkwing’s pelt color is that they looked off his SE for DN, which had the wrong color so they fixed it this time by making it like that woot

sun-warmed kitty fur 😺

• Foxie Spring Butterflies
      April 17, 2018 at 12:37 am

My opinion/assumptions:

TAQ: Molewhisker and Cherryfall
      TaS: Twigbranch and Violetshine
      SS: Needletail and Darktail or Violetshine
      DN: Tigerheart and Hawkwing
      RoF: Alderheart and Sparkpelt
      TRS: Twigbranch and Hawkwing maybe

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

• Creamfrost is a grey colour pointed cat
      April 17, 2018 at 5:39 am

I’m pretty sure it’s

TAQ: Alderpaw and Needlepaw. Needlepaw was more of a focus in this book than Sparkpaw was.
      T&S: I agree with you.
      SS: I agree again
      DN: Tigerheart (I think) and Hawkwing
      RoF: I agree
      TRS: Tigerheartstar and ….. Dovewing???? I think Tigerstar would be good here, but I also think that there could be some more drama about Dovewing joining Shadowclan. I’m really not sure about the grey cat, it could be Dovewing, Twigbranch, Needletail, Pouncekit, and a few more.

• Foxie Spring Butterflies
        April 21, 2018 at 10:20 pm

But Needletail has green eyes and she’s gray. How could she be on TAQ?

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

• April 21, 2018 at 10:21 pm

I’m pretty sure it’s:
      TAQ: Alderheart and Sparkpelt. They both look ginger.
      TaS: Twigbranch and Violetshine. Violetshine is described on Warriors Wiki to be black with a white muzzle and white spots, but the only white on her head is her muzzle.
      SS: I used to be confused, but I’m now 99% sure that it’s Darktail and Needletail.
      DN: I never got this one, but maybe Tigerstar II and Hawkwing.
      RoF: Alderheart and Sparkpelt again? The lighting makes them look ginger again.
      TRS: Twigbranch and Violetshine. Again, Violetshine is black and white muzzle. If she is also on Thunder and Shadow, the appearences are VERY similar. Twigbranch is silver with green eyes. It can’t be Hawkwing because Hawkwing has amber eyes. It’s slightly possible it’s Shadowkit and Pouncekit, but why wouldn’t they then include Lightkit? Also, these cats look fully grown, and depending on how old the kits are, they might not be quite fully grown. I’m just going to clairfy that cats at six moons old are ALMOST fully grown and mature.

Anyways, those are my ideas.

My YouTube is Moonfox 193!

10. Thistletooth who loves shadowclan
    April 16, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Kate I have a question , does Tigerstar2 the new shadowclan leader like skyclan cause he was kinda irritating with leafstar after she told him that shadowclan was using skyclan as a temporary nest , will the new Tigerstar declare war on Skyclan and drive them out . Will there be any new cats besides the guardian cats that join shadowclan like a few rouges not former Darktail’s “Kin” rouges just random rouges who want to join shadowclan and make it strong . Will leafstar die soon , she’s getting kinda annoying she treated the shadowclan cats like old prey lying around her precious camp and so did hawkwing