Sol’s Character Needs A “Sol”ution

Owlflight shares a potential theory about the mysterious Sol.

Art by ArielleMistyWoods2

Well today I’m going to theorize about the flaws of Sol, one of my favorite characters in the series, that being his vaguely magic like abilities and strange ways of persuading different cats.
So what’s the deal with Sol? I know all of the wikis and stuff say he’s a good guesser and nothing else. I’m here today to see if I can disprove that.
What I never really happened to get about the Power Of Three prophecy is why Firestar got the prophecy so much earlier than it came into effect. With most other prophecies, the foretold events start to happen within a couple months, but with this prophecy it took almost 3 years before anything happened, and until book one of the third season came out we didn’t even know the prophecy existed.
Well, my theory is that Sol is connected to StarClan. He has similar powers to Jayfeather, letting him see glimpses of the future and also letting him enter other’s minds to best convince them of something.
Sol was part of another power of three. We already know that the three change around a lot, it happens in the books, so who’s to deny that there’ve been multiple renditions of the three.
Sol might not be Firestar’s kin’s kin, but he also might be. After all, Jake is everyone’s father, would it be a surprise if he was in Sol’s family lines?
A second part of the 3 would be Scourge. He’s not as powerful as say Lionblaze but he magically learned a million deadly fighting moves and became untouchable.
And the third part is….. (crickets chirp) sorry, we have no candidate.
Yeah, this theory is definitely flawed. I just made it as if I was saying, “hey wouldn’t it be cool if-” and while there is a lot of thought you can put into this theory it takes so much assumption that you can’t say for sure. I mean, we haven’t even got a third member of the three, for crying out loud!
So what do you guys think about this theory? Any ideas for a number 3? Do you think this could actually be true?

Similar Posts:

29 Replies to “Sol’s Character Needs A “Sol”ution”

1. May 6, 2018 at 4:45 pm

Very cool theory, but I’m afraid it isn’t possible. It is confirmed that Midnight told Sol all those things as a test for the clans. But that’s a really interesting and cool idea, and I really like the sounds of it! The 3rd might be Princess, or maybe one of her other kits!

Revive my secret clan/my name!

• Owlflight
      May 15, 2018 at 3:46 am

IDK, I always felt like the midnight thing was an excuse, cover up, or afterthought. It’s kind of unfulfilling. Although that’s true with almost all of Power Of Three! (shots fired)

2. Leafykit (formely Ravenkit)
    May 7, 2018 at 4:23 pm

An idea for number 3:

Tigerstar I

Why:
    He found out how to cross into the living world and manipulated several people (much like Sol).

• Owlflight
      May 15, 2018 at 4:01 am

Interesting. But Firestar and Tigerstar aren’t related… are they? Of course, Jake and Pinestar knew each other and we actually don’t know Pinestar’s heritage. He might be descended from kittypets. Still, we probably will never know.

• Foxie Spring Butterflies
        May 15, 2018 at 5:02 am

No Firestar and Tigerstar are related through their offspring mating. See here:

Squirrelflight (Firestar’s daughter) mated to Brambleclaw (Tigerstar’s son). Dovewing is mated to Tigerheart (Tigerstar’s grandson). Also Redtail (and Spottedleaf) is Tigerstar’s uncle and Redtail’s daughter is Sandstorm (she and Tigerstar are cousins) who’s mate is Firestar.

~• Soul of a Foxheart •~

3. Brackenstorm
    May 7, 2018 at 10:59 pm

Good pun, Owlflight!

4. May 8, 2018 at 2:26 am

cool theory but starclan said that they told sol nothing and midnight said she gave sol knowledge

• Owlflight
      May 15, 2018 at 3:47 am

I guess I don’t but the Midnight thing. It feels like an excuse.afterthought to me and it’s kind of unfulfilling. Also, it’s not confirmed in the books (it was posted on a blog or something, idk, also I could be wrong because I was not reading very deeply into Power of Three) so it could be changed.

5. Owlflight
    May 15, 2018 at 3:59 am

To clear up some much deserved confusion, I must address two things. One: This is an alternative theory. I don’t particularly like Sol being a fluke and I think it’s a stretch that just doesn’t work because of how time works in the warriors universe. It doesn’t make sense to me so I proposed this theory to cover it up. Also, we know Sol is good with words. Sol being told by Midnight could be a lie! Also, Sol is ridiculously good at smooth talking. Even before he’d MET any of the warriors, he was playing to their specific personalities, and almost nobody questioned him. He was very knowing in places that Midnight could not have told him, as she doesn’t describe with much complexity. Also, my theory is a stretch. It’s just a fun little thing. I’m aware of the Midnight/Sol thing and also I’m sorry that I left it out of the article, but I have read everything up to Shattered Sky where I just gave up on the series because it wasn’t meeting my needs anymore.

6. May 15, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Hey! Thanks for leaving so many comments. I’m stunned to see so many people interested,