The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

16,363 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Coldice
    January 1, 2018 at 7:55 pm

I’m going to be honest, I really don’t enjoy getting older, I know my birthday is several months away but still it scares me and I’m afraid of losing things I love doing in the future. Maybe it’s just me and my anxity or something but I just need to get that out of the way. 🙁

I let my heart speak loud.

• January 1, 2018 at 8:26 pm

I feel the same way 🙁 the only thing I can tell you is that interests don’t always go away, and sometimes they go away and then come back. I’m not old enough to have really experienced this for myself, but I’ve read many, many stories of older people doing things they loved when they were kids because they’re still into those things. Besides, if the things you love go away, there’ll be new things to love. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Coldice
        January 1, 2018 at 9:13 pm

Thanks Wave *hugs*

I let my heart speak loud.

• New Year’s Frost on Shut Window (Frostpaw/Frostfeather)
      January 2, 2018 at 8:04 am

Oh dear, I’m sorry Cold *huggles*

I’m probably way too young to say anything worthwhile, but yeah, growing up does kinda suck. But who knows, you might keep on rolling with the activities you love, as well as finding some new ones 😀

• January 2, 2018 at 4:25 pm

*hugs* My mom always says that age is just a number. Perhaps if you think of it that way, maybe you won’t feel concerned with it anymore? 🙂 I understand the way you feel about losing the things you love; my advice would be to enjoy since you have them, and if they do go away, remember they can always come back. <3 <3 <3

2. January 1, 2018 at 8:30 pm

I have four long, almost or maybe or exactly twelve hour days coming up starting Wednesday for winterguard camp. I haven’t practiced much over the break, and I just really don’t want to go. This break has been a big relaxation point for me that I really need, and it’s starting to stress me out. I’m supposed to have two weeks, but my break kinda ends tomorrow and I’m totally dreading it. Even though I like winterguard and like the people in winterguard. I keep replaying scenarios in my head where I convince my parents to let us go away for a few days and miss it (we were supposed to, anyway) or where I get injured and have to miss it. But those will never happen. It would also be bad for my body cause I haven’t really done much this break. I keep telling myself the pros and trying to be optimistic and enjoy the two days that I have left, but it keeps coming back into my head. I just want the rest of my break back but I feel so selfish and lazy for wanting that.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Willow Branches Dusted in White Snow (Wistep)
      January 1, 2018 at 9:57 pm

I’m sorry, Wavey. We all need and love our break but sometimes life doesn’t work out that way. You’re definitely not selfish or lazy. *huggles* <3

• New Year’s Frost on Shut Window (Frostpaw/Frostfeather)
      January 2, 2018 at 8:07 am

Aww, I’m really sorry Wavey *hugs*

It may seem hard, but just try not to stress about it too much. Most of the time. things don’t turn out as bad as you think 😀

And you’re not selfish or lazy at all for wanting break back- we all do 😛

• January 2, 2018 at 4:25 pm

*hugs* <3 <3 <3

• January 3, 2018 at 11:03 pm

*huggles* you are not selfish or lazy, don’t worry, everyone feels that way.

3. New Year’s Frost on Shut Window (Frostpaw/Frostfeather)
    January 2, 2018 at 8:30 am

This might take a while and be very confusing, so bear with me 😛

Kids in my classes ask for my help a lot on things. To them, I’m a genius. I’m a straight A student. I’m “talented”. But to me, it’s way different. I’m not smart- nowhere near it. I just have a spectacular memory, paired with a pinch of common sense. I can look at study material once, not pick it up again for a week, and still ace the test. But how smart you are and how good your grades are are two very different things, which most people don’t get.

Personally, I’d trade my grades away in an instant for anything. Some sort of skill, talent, anything. Because I desperately need one. No matter how much I don’t want to face it, I’m horrible at everything. I can’t write or draw anything within a mile of even mediocre. I’m terrible at sports. I keep telling myself “I want to play this instrument” and “I want to learn this language”. And I do want to. But I can’t. I’m simply not cut out for it, yet I still want to. I try and tell myself that it comes with time and hard work, but I’ve tried. And I’ve failed. Heck, I don’t even know what I want to be when I grow up.

It’s also taken over my personal hygiene. For example, I have bad acne (something my friends won’t shut up about), and there’s several creams and stuff that are supposed to “prevent zits from popping up” or “make them smaller and less visible”, but what’s the point? Acne or no, it’s not like I’d look good anyway. Why bother if I’m not “cut out” to be handsome like all the other guys. And I know I need to stop doing this, and I’ve tried, but I can’t. It’s like I’m stuck in an endless loop, never being able to pull myself out. Constant “I wish I could look as good as this person”, “I wish I could draw like that person”, “Why can’t I write like this person?”.

And it’s not like anybody irl is helping either. My mom always yells at me because I’m “so disgusting”, a good bit of my friends constantly harass and insult me, and those who don’t either probably just keep it to themselves or blurt it out as soon as I walk away. “Why is he so weird?” “I wish I wasn’t stuck with him.” “Thank god I don’t look like him”. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what they say.

So yeah, little rant over I guess. I don’t know if I’m looking for any advice, because honestly I don’t see any that can be given. But it kinda feels better just to put this somewhere? Idk. I just see all those amazing artists, musicians, sports players, actors, and I think “Wow. I wish I could do what they do”. But I can’t, and I guess I’m coming to terms with that. I’ve been thinking a lot recently, wondering what I’m supposed to do. Why am I here? Everyone else seems to have a purpose. Something they strive to do. Something they’re good at. Something, some skill or talent, that makes people go “Wow. That person’s going places.” Me? I have nothing.

Anyway, sorry for that text block, you can carry on with your day now. I hope you all have a wonderful 2018

• January 2, 2018 at 4:30 pm

*hugs* Frosty, you are very talented. You’re very young yet, so even if you haven’t found your special “thing” yet, you have a long time to find it. <3 I bet you do look great, even if you do feel like it. <3 <3 <3 Since your friends are being jerks, perhaps you should leave them. Friends shouldn't hurt you like that; they should support you. <3 <3 <3

• Wistep is Being Nostalgic
      January 2, 2018 at 5:30 pm

Hey, Frosty, I feel you about the grades thing. I get A’s but they don’t really mean anything because all I do is learn and study what I’m supposed to learn and study. And you do have LOTs of talents- writing is one (your fanfics are good!), and good memory is one too! As for the personal hygiene, I do that. I come to school everyday looking like a sleepy idiot. 😛 But if you feel like that… it’s kind of a good thing (if you listen to my mom). If you don’t want anything, then you wouldn’t improve and get better. Will is pretty important, if you want to find something you’re good at. I have “friends” like that too. I sorta just ignored them, although it took a really long time for me to figure out how to avoid them. Plus, you don’t look horrible, at all. And I do promise you are talented. I’m sorry. *huggles* <3

• January 2, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Frosty, skills come from practice, not talent. Everybody is bad at things when they begin. Having a good memory is a talent, and it could help you for learning a new language once you get on track. Just keep doing things, even if you’re not good at them. and you’ll get better over time. All those people got where they are today from practice. You have so much of your life ahead of you to look good and be skilled. Everybody gets acne during their teenage years. Sometimes creams don’t work. It’s fine. If you’re not handsome now (which I bet you are), you definitely will be some day. If your friends aren’t being nice, they’re not true friends. Hang out with people who make you feel good about yourself. As for your mom, ask her to stop. The people who look good now may not look good later. You are your own worst critic, and people are too caught up in themselves to think too much about you. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Silverpaw
      January 3, 2018 at 5:14 pm

*huggles* Oh dear, Frosty, I’m super sorry. <3333

One, you've already got something there on the whole grades thing. I ca essentially do what you do, memorize material and such, but I'm very lazy so I make pretty uh, sad grades. So that's already something thats good: You actually have common sense, which is rare, you can pick stuff up quickly, and you seemingly can work hard, or least put enough effort into making good grades (not like, studying, but just, doing the actual freaking work.)

Two, talent isn't something you're born with, and neither is skill. (unless it's, idk singing? and most singers still practice techniques I think?) No artist I know was born holding a pencil. Actually, I hang around quite a few people who draw well, and they've been practicing for three, four, five years now. Before they practiced regularly, there was no "natural talent just hiding beneath the surface". They weren't a special snowflake child wielding magical talents. Honestly, they sucked. They'll tell me all the time "i was crap at drawing" heck, even after some months drawing, it wasn't uh, nice looking. But it was an improvement and thats what matters. From your grades, you've already demonstrated you can put some level of effort into whatever it is you want to do. You just have to figure out what that is, and you have to enjoy it. I've read your fanfics, and they're good. I've seen you're drawings, they're pretty good too. Now all you need to do is practice some more. It won't come like: that!, most likely you'll be doing this for years, but thats okay. Even people who seem to be incredibly wonderful little gifted children with perfect skills need to practice, and they can always improve.

I think a lot of people do stuff like that honestly. 😛 Some days I get up and know I should brush my hair but ughh it hurts, so I'm just like " forget it, my hair's curly I can maybe pull it off or just shove it in a bun" and then spend the rest of the day feeling super self conscious. Feeling ugly is something I think a lot of people our age do. We look in the mirror and think "man I could lose weight if I tried, and Im so ugly if I dont. I could get that magical zit cream and clear my face up, and if I dont I'm ugly" First off, you're not ugly. Kay? To say otherwise is just bullcrap. You've got a pretty nice face, and even if you didn't, you've got a wonderful personality and thats even better. Acne is a normal, all though annoying, part of being a teenager. Eventually it should clear up some. Tell your friends to shut up. Your mom? I don't think you can do anything about that, but she's wrong. No one here finds you "disgusting" and she's the disgusting one for calling her child that.

Honestly, I think your biggest problem is you're in your own head too much. I get it. I do that too. But when you're doing nothing but running your thoughts 24/7, it's not good. Eventually you'll get some crap thoughts like "maybe these people dont care about me and they're just pretending" or "im not as good as them at this". It's hard to stop your head, but if you can, go out and do something. Read. Listen to music. Come up with stories. Distract yourself. If you're prone to negative thinking, try to avoid music that makes you feel bad. Avoid the mirror if it makes you feel bad. And, here's the winner advice I've gotten from some talented people actually: Avoid the stuff that makes you feel bad about your own stuff. Sure, looking at others' art and stories can be good, but if all you see "they're better then me they're better than me" then stop looking at that person's material for a period of time. When you've gained confidence, then sure go ahead and look at it again. But if it just makes you feel bad about yourself, don't. Try not to worry, you're young and still have time to figure yourself out.

idk if this advice is any good, and it's getting pretty long so sorry about that. Hey, you're amazing, okay? I think you're plenty talented, and aesthetically pleasing, and great to hang around, and so does everyone else. Plus, knowing you, I think you've got a pretty darn bright future. Love ya, mister. <3 *hugs*

• Crookedjaw II who is singing festive songs
      January 3, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Frost feather I know what that feels like. (not bragging)Im also really smart so everything you said isnt new to me.

Here is some advice: Find someone to talk to about everything. It will make you feel better.
      (hugs)

• January 3, 2018 at 11:09 pm

You are smart. A good memory could even shape your career, and I am sure you will find other talents. Don’t worry about what your friends say about your appearance, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were just teasing, and boys will be boys.😛 *huggles*

• Daisyfrost
      January 4, 2018 at 2:30 am

Hey, you’re right about one thing, how smart people are and how good grades look are two very different things. Having a good memory is useful, even if it doesn’t define being “smart.” Personally, you seem smart to me. I don’t know exactly how to explain why, but you do. Being smart to me is a lot of how mature you are, and just generally how you chose to talk and all that. So, yeah, you’re smart to me. Pretty smart.

Don’t be too tough on yourself, love, you’ve got skills. I’ve read some of the stuff you’ve written, you’ve drawn for me, and I love all of it more than most of anything anybody’s ever given me. Maybe it’s just because it’s from you, but I still love all of it. You’re certainly not horrible at everything. Regarding sports, remember your trip to Chicago? When you had to play basketball for school? You did well, remember? I know you can do stuff when you’ve put your mind to it; I’ve seen you do it. Even if you’re not “cut out” for some things, that’s fine. Nobody can do everything. I know it’s frustrating to keep working toward goals and all that, and there’s always trial and error. Always. Nobody gets it the first time, even if they say they did. I don’t know what I’ll be either, love, and I’m older than you. Lots of people don’t. You’ve got time, I promise. If you get to be what you want, that’s amazing. If you end up with some boring job or something, it doesn’t mean anything to me or your other friends who love you. You’ll never be nobody to me, I swear.

I don’t really think it matters how anybody looks. I don’t expect anybody to be handsome or pretty, neither do a lot of other people. I have bad acne too, which my mom also really hates because my sisters and brother haven’t/don’t, and such. She’s made me get medicine for it, and she’s had enough arguments with me about it already. I have a bunch of scars from it already, although it doesn’t usually bother me as much as everybody thinks it should. I’m sorry about your friends being jerks. Most kids your age and older for a few years are like that. I wish you could find some nicer friends, who actually care about things that matter about you. Remember, not everybody’s like that. People genuinely like you for who you are, and don’t want to talk behind your back or think you’re weird or something. I’d be very surprised if anybody said that, and I certainly wouldn’t be happy to hear anybody say it.

And, look, everybody does things differently. Including writing and drawing, and everything else. There’s different styles, too. Everything is fit to somebody’s taste, and things can be good in different ways.

I’m glad it at least feels better to say it somewhere, eh?

I still think that you’re capable of doing what you want one day. Even if you don’t. Don’t “come to terms” with thinking you can’t do anything. It’s not true. If you believe it long enough, then you won’t be able to. People achieve things by believing they can, however silly that may sound. I’m not sure anybody exactly has a purpose, love, but sometimes some few people find out what it is they think they’re around for. If you don’t, that doesn’t make you nobody, at least in my book. Maybe you’ve got something, maybe not, but whatever the case, I won’t care.

There’s no need to be sorry for posting.

4. Snowbreeze
    January 2, 2018 at 11:07 pm

OKAY SO UM THIS GUY I KNOW ONLINE AND I ACTUALLY KNOW THEM

HE TOLD ME THAT HE LOVES ME

Annddddddddddd he wants to be my boyfriend

Uhhh

I’m SHAKING I mean I’ve never been in this situation before and I don’t know what I’m going to tell my parents

Ugghhh HELP

• January 3, 2018 at 5:26 am

Only say yes if you’re comfortable, Snowy. If you don’t like him back or you’re not comfortable, it’s totally fine. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Snowbreeze
        January 3, 2018 at 3:12 pm

Thanks. I said no, annd he replied with ‘friendzoned’ and that now he’s back on the search. Yay I guess?

• January 3, 2018 at 10:17 am

I’m no good with this stuff but I’ll try 😛

Well, the question is, do you like him? If you do, and he’s being serious (I’ve learnt to be careful… my classmates are definitely something 😛) and you’re ready for it, then you should go ahead! But if you’re not ready, not everyone at your age is (I know I wouldn’t), then you could stay friends until you’re older, and see if you still have some kind of feelings for each other. This is all advice I can offer 😛 Good luck! <3

gotta drop my rusty chains

• Snowbreeze
        January 3, 2018 at 3:17 pm

Okay 😛

Uhh, not really? I mean, as a friend . . . And yes, he was being serious, it took a lot of courage, I heard . . . (from him)

Well, I’m not really ready for it. I thought I’d have a LOT more time, to be honest. 😛 I hope he’ll be able to stay friends with me. Thanks! *crosses fingers*

• Silverpaw
      January 3, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Okaaaay Snowy, caaalmmm yourself a bit, all right? <333 hmm Im not the best at romantic stuff, but I'll see what I got. 😛

Do you like him? Are you ready if you are? You can love him to the moon and back and not be ready to date (which is okay!), which, if the case, you shouldn't date him. If you dont like him that way, you shouldn't feel an obligation to say yes to him. It'll only hurt him in the end, and make you miserable. If you're worried about hurting him, dont stress too much. Let him down gently, but dont compromise your wants in this. Continue to be friends if you both want to. If you do like him, see how you feel. Are you ready? If so, go ahead, but take it slow. If not, thats fine too. Not everyone is.

Tell your parents if you feel you need to, or it'll help <3 (it might be awkward, but it'll probably help in the long run)

• Snowbreeze
        January 4, 2018 at 12:13 am

*breathes* Okay I’m calm. Bring it! 😛

That’s good advice, it really helped. <3
        Also I told both my parents. More awkward with my dad VS my mom, but it helped anyways. Thanks once again. 🙂

5. Bramblepaw
    January 3, 2018 at 2:58 am

I have been inactive. VERY INACTIVE. My last appearance here was, gosh, JULY. I wanted to come on more often, but lately it has been one thing after another. When I last appeared here, my BFF’s cat died. I especially took it hard because I was to catsit him for three years. If you remember, I posted it on the hug page. I thought that was the worst that 2017 gave me.

Boy was I wrong….

One thing that you do not know is that before I joined here in June of 2017, I got bullied. BADLY. I even had to switch schools for eighth grade because of that. Except at this school I am dealing with a frenemy who highly outshines me. She gets better grades than me, is more athletic than me, better at drawing than me, and better at writing than me. And she is MEAN! She is always the boss in group projects, probably to rub in my face that she is better than me and my other friend (who is nice). I have tried to peacefully resolve this with her, and got the teacher involved multiple times, but it is not working. Well, she has not been mean for the last few weeks before the holidays (my school got let out on the 22nd) but she still outshines me. In fact, she got put in a really good mini enrichment course but I did not. I am not saying I am jealous, but I really felt bad about myself. We both share similar dreams and I thought it would be good if I did it alone or with her. Well, at least I won’t be seeing her for a week in May 🙂

In October my great grandma died. Now I have no great grandparents. I didn’t know her, so I did not take it hard at all. I thought the death quota had been filled but on December 8th StarClan proved my thought wrong.

On the 7th my cat got really sick. MY OWN CAT!!! The vet gave her medicine, but she threw it up. She wouldn’t eat, drink, or act like her normal self. The next day I was at school, very upset because my mom took my cat back to the vet, with a huge chance that she would be put down. And guess what? She was. I had her for as long as I can remember, she was like a sister to me. Not a day goes by without me missing her.

RIP Merpie
    2007-2017
    May she find good hunting, clean water and shelter where she sleeps.

Good things that happened in 2017:
    -my old school had an exchange trip
    – I went to Ecuador for a month
    – I saw The Last Jedi with my friends (I am obsessed with Star Wars and so is a teacher in my school so he took our class and a few others to see The Last Jedi which is very similar to The Last Hope)

Needless to say, I am glad 2017 is over.

• Crookedjaw II who is singing festive songs
      January 3, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Rip Merpie. May starclan light your path. May you find Good hunting, Swift running, And Shelter when you sleep.

(I loved the last jedi)

• Bramblepaw
        January 4, 2018 at 4:18 am

Me too. (spoilers) We got the whole theatre clapping when Rey killed Snoke, and when Rey and Kylo killed the guards. Well, other kids started clapping before us. Complete different story when I saw it with my family in the middle of nowhere in North Carolina. I might make an article soon analyzing the trailer and its similarities to The Last Hope. (Gosh, even the names are similar!)

• January 3, 2018 at 11:14 pm

I am soooo sorry. You might want to stop being friends with her, or stop talking with her. It’s okay if you aren’t her, you have your own strengths, you just don’t know it.

I am so sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine what that would feel like. *huggles*

6. January 3, 2018 at 3:15 am

Sorry if I’m acting really victimized right now, I just need to vent

My procrastination(and family activity issues) has once again led me to having a giant project due tomorrow, and it’s 8:10 PM. My partner in the project emailed me to ask to help work on the slideshow, as she needed to put it together in a video 3 DAYS AGO. I’ve been trying to do all that I can, and I emailed back with an apology and saying that I could to as much as I could, but she probably sees it as me just making excuses for being lazy, and I’m certain that she’ll see me as the “that one irresponsible, procrastinating person in group projects” which I probably am. I know she definitely won’t want to partner up with me in the future, and I might have lost her trust in not just time management. The other thing is, my family left on a vacation that lasted until yesterday which I was completely unaware of before the break, and saying that to her probably sounds just like an excuse.

I’m sorry to everyone who thinks that I’m being overly dramatic, which I probably am, more or less as an excuse to cover up my irresponsibility. 🙁

Mischief managed!

7. Oakwhisker Isn't Logged In
    January 3, 2018 at 11:37 pm

it’s happening again

i got a text from my bio dad (if you were here like dec 15 you know him) saying he was going on tour soon, and he’d like me to tour with his band. i used to sing/play guitar for the band and i had a lot of fun with it, but the problem is i’m in friggin HIGH SCHOOL and i have like no free time…

Plus, if i went on tour with him it would take several months, and then he may want me to live with him again which i DO NOT want…

now i should say he has really bad anger issues and is quote-on-quote “tapering off of” drugs and i’m not sure if i’ll be safe with him but

i’ve been trying for years to launch a music career/acting career and this could be a good opportunity for me, his band is pretty popular and all that and plus i haven’t seen him in a while and around this time every year i start getting all *bleh* with my mom and stepdad and end up trying to be with him and i feel like that is going to influnce what i decide, i mean i love him to death and for real tho touring with his rock band across Europe would be amazing, you know i’d get to be with him and tOUR EUROPE FRIGGIN YES but after last time i talked to him i don’t know anymore…

what does everyone reading think? should i do it or just give up on forming a relationship with him?

• January 4, 2018 at 2:04 am

DO IT!!! This is an amazing opportunity for you to accomplish your dreams! Make sure to check with your school first, but it’s a family thing and is important to you. Just go for it!

My YouTube is Moonfox 193!

• Winterpaw
      January 5, 2018 at 8:33 pm

DO IT!

8. Sleet That Falls On Frozen Flower (Sleetfall The Yellow Eraser)
    January 4, 2018 at 1:32 am

What do I do if I want to cease existing? Am I even old enough to feel like this? I’m not even a teenager yet and I’ve always been having nightmares about not wanting to die.

• January 5, 2018 at 10:19 am

Oooo Sleet! I’m so sorry!

Is there any reason you feel like this?

Just remember, life is too precious to give away. You have so many people who love you, and BlogClan loves you to,

*huggles* you truely aren’t alone

#reylo

• January 5, 2018 at 9:06 pm

*huggles* don’t think like that! You still have a long, healthy life ahead of you. Enjoy it. <3

Keep sm;)ing

• January 6, 2018 at 6:39 am

The truth is: you don’t want to die, you actually want to start living. Try something new. Do things you enjoy. Your feelings are always valid and real, no matter your age. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

9. Bramblepaw
    January 4, 2018 at 4:40 am

Update on my post the other day:

I might invite my nice friend over

We are watching the new Jumanji movie on Saturday

On Friday we are getting 1 or 2 new kittens (they are black and we might name them after Star Wars characters, so be prepared for a cat named Vader if we get a black cat)

I will post either here or on the tavern about the new cats.

• January 5, 2018 at 10:19 am

DARTH VADER???????

#reylo

• Redice
      January 10, 2018 at 4:35 pm

name your cat kylo and i will ship you a cookie

10. January 4, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Hi guys. This is just a little something I published on my blog earlier. I wanted to share it here in the hope it will brighten someone’s day. 🙂 <3

You know those days when nothing goes your way? The days when the sun beats down on you, but all you feel is biting cold? The days when you’re cocooned in your own despair and shame, and nothing your loved ones do can help?

You do know these days. And you aren’t alone. Coming in second isn’t losing. Failing once doesn’t mean the world is going to end. That one special person ignoring you doesn’t mean you aren’t loved. That person is just missing out.

Sometimes, you aren’t half of what you claim to be. Most times, you’re much more. And if there’s one thing I’ve learnt, it’s that you shouldn’t forget you’re worth more than life to someone, somewhere in the world. No one is useless. There are the “uncool”, the underprivileged, the homeless, the sick…whoever you are, you have a purpose. You have the right to live, and to do it on your own terms. Don’t let anyone take that away from you.

It doesn’t matter what you look like- we’re all just skin, bone and flesh moulded in different ways. It doesn’t matter how far you are educated; because clearly an illiterate person with a compassionate heart is far more learned than an unfeeling, snooty scientist. It doesn’t matter what your family history is, because you are your own person. You have the capability to change the world. Whether for the better or the worse, it’s up to you.

So please don’t throw this chance away. Keep breathing. Keep riding the tides of change. Your life isn’t going to be a perpetual cakewalk. But that also means bad times won’t last. There’s this thing called hope. Sometimes we call it “light at the end of the tunnel”, sometimes “the only thing stronger than fear”. Why has the human mind been designed to hope? We are creatures that control our own futures. And a future without goodness, without salvation, without forgiveness, is unimaginable.

Negativity is natural. We have to train ourselves to filter our thoughts, our words, and our actions. We hold our futures, and the futures of others in our hands. We need neither power, nor wealth, to be able to make a difference. Experiences are worth more than material things. Donating to charity puts a person higher on the happiness meter than purchasing a gold-plated toilet.

So invest in others’ satisfaction. Don’t let anyone rule your mind. You are an individual with your own beliefs, values, and heritage, and that’s nobody else’s business. So don’t let them meddle in things that don’t concern them. And take solace in the fact that everything is temporary.

Some will mock you, others will mourn you when you’re gone. Swimming against the current is always harder than going with the flow. The mind is a curious thing, especially in the fact that everyone’s is different. It’s impossible to make everyone happy. So why not begin with only yourself? You are the only one who will always have to live with your decisions. All other naysayers and well-wishers, rewards and setbacks, are immaterial. A will of steel, a considerate disposition, and calculated determination are all you need to overcome all the odds.

So take a stand. Do what you love. Learn to adapt, and to bounce back.

And no matter what, remember you are wanted. 🙂

• Dive Like A Fox Into This New Year
      January 4, 2018 at 3:01 pm

That was beautifully written, Drizzle! <3 <3 😊❤️

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

• January 4, 2018 at 3:55 pm

This is amazing, Drizzle. 🙂 <3 <3 <3 Thank you for sharing this with us. <3 <3 <3

• January 5, 2018 at 10:21 am

*tear drop* that was amazing!!

#reylo

• January 6, 2018 at 6:48 am

Thanks 😊 I had some spare time so I decided to write this, especially since I was feeling a little down myself.

• January 7, 2018 at 6:13 am

Sometimes our lowest moments can spark something beautiful

#reylo