The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

16,361 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. 🌷Cheetah Tumbling into Spring Meadow... uh... Sparkishly (Cheetahpaw/spark)🌷
    April 11, 2018 at 4:47 am

So today I woke up and my throat was super soar, scratchy, and hoarse. It only got worse over the course of the day, and I ended up sounding like a teenage boy going through puberty (which I am not ). Our choir concert was tonight, and I tried to warm up to get my vocal chords working. They didn’t. Instead, it just got worse. Anyone know scales? Well, I’m a soprano and I couldn’t even make it past “la”. Which was not good considering I had some of the highest notes for our concert. I ended up trying to sing but mostly just embarrassing myself because my voice was so squeaky and the loudest I could get it was whisper-level. No-one but the people in the choir with me really noticed though, so it worked out. I’m disappointed though, considering it’s my last middle school choir concert and most likely my last choir concert in my school since I’m probably leaving next year.

Before the concert started, while my choir was warming up, my choir teacher reminded me how excited she was that I would be joining the high school choir next year. I couldn’t being myself to tell her I would be leaving our school next year. Most of the people in my choir all knew, so they gave me sympathetic looks. I had worked my way up from a teeny little 5th grader to get where I am in choir today, and my teacher respects and likes having me. I’m gonna miss that. Sure, she can be strict and she yelled at me that one time, but I’ve always kinda thought of her as my feisty music grandma 😛 And before this whole switching-schools fiasco started, I had always assumed I’d go on to join high school choir, and I’d let myself become super excited for it. They do way cooler songs than our choir, plus they go on fun trips ever year. Once they even went to Disney world. I know that my new school will have a choir too, but it won’t be the same. They have this tradition in my school where all the seniors in the choir sing a song together while a slideshow of fun stuff from the year is shown behind them. I was looking forward to that 🙁 When they got to that part in tonight’s concert, I cried. Not enough for people to notice, but I did.

gimme dem cheetos

• Snowystorm
      April 11, 2018 at 8:26 am

*hugs*

• Moon LOVED River of Fire
      April 11, 2018 at 3:50 pm

Aww, Cheetah… that’s terrible!! I’m so so sorry. You feel like you’re losing a lot, don’t you? I don’t know how to help, but know that we love you and support you. We believe it will all work out. *huggles tightly*

• Sky
      April 12, 2018 at 3:39 am

I’m sorry. You sound like you’re losing a lot right now…. and I’m just going to give you some hugs and cuddles.

I think you should talk to your mom about all of this. She needs to understand you. If you can’t change her mind, get her to send an email to your favorite teachers. 🙂

• April 12, 2018 at 11:42 pm

I’m really sorry, Cheetah <3 …I don't know what to say except to cherish the moments you had with your choir. So your last one didn't end up close to the goodbye you were hoping for. But you still had many great concerts and memories. I'd advise telling your teacher as soon as you can as it's better for you if she doesn't continue to falsely believe you'll come back. I'm so sorry you have to lose this, Cheetah. Continue making amazing memories in your next choir and who knows? Maybe it'll more fun than you expect. Life goes on and change happens, sometimes, unfortunately, for the worst. But it wouldn't happen if there was a 'best' that comes from the 'worst' 😉

σ hσlч вlσgclαn stαírcαsє 2016

• April 13, 2018 at 5:46 am

I’m so sorry Cheetah! I understand, I love choir, too! I love my choir teacher, my friends there, singing, music, and everything. I’m sorry about you sore throat, that does sound pretty bad. (Especially the not getting past “La” part 😛 . ) It also sucks that you are moving schools, that can be pretty tough. (Yeesh, I have like, no good advice whatsoever.) Change is just a part of life, and there is nothing we can do about it, except to accept it and make the best of it. You’ll make new friends at your new school, meet new people, etc. Even if it seems like the choir at that school won’t be as good, hey, you never know! It could be great, too! 🙂 Basically what I am trying to say is to accept it as it is, and make the best of the situation, no matter how grim things might look. Remember that you are a fantastic person and everything will be okay! *huggles* <3

~spooder

2. Snowpaw(shadow)
    April 12, 2018 at 2:01 am

i just found out that a climber i know who worked at my rock gym and helped me learn to climb and gave me my first chalk bag, who would always say something great when i came in to climb, who helped me fall in love with the sport, has fallen 200 feet and died

Icy Blue Easter Egg (Icy)
      April 12, 2018 at 2:06 am

Oh, no! I’m so sorry, Snow! They sound like a wonderful person. 💙 Be glad for the time you had with them, and what you gained. I’m so sorry, that’s awful. 🙁

Ambition and strong coffee.

• Jayleap
      April 12, 2018 at 8:24 am

That is awful! I hope they had a happy life. Remember to cherish the time you had with them.

• There's A Fox Licking My Birthday Cake
        April 12, 2018 at 6:29 pm

I’m so sorry! I had something like that happen. There was this guy I met at the Bat World Sanctuary and he loved bats and took care of them (he worked there). He was nice too. And right when we left Texas, he died. We literally just met him and now we will never see him again (until we go to heaven if he was a believer).

“May they find good hunting, swift running, and shelter when they sleep.” 😔🌌

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

• April 12, 2018 at 2:07 pm

Omsc that’s awful <3

Better Watch Out

• April 12, 2018 at 11:43 pm

I am so sorry, Snow <3 Like Icy said, hold the time you had with them close to your heart and continue doing things that would make them proud of you 🙂

σ hσlч вlσgclαn stαírcαsє 2016

• April 12, 2018 at 11:49 pm

noooooooooo that’s so sad *hugs*

• April 13, 2018 at 5:48 am

Oh, no. Oh gosh I’m so sorry! That sounds awful. I really don’t know what to say. 🙁 <3

~spooder

3. Breeze that Glides Through Summer
    April 12, 2018 at 5:15 am

Just in case anyone needs this today- you are so loved. I love you. We love you. Your family loves you. Your friends love you. You mean the world to so many people. And we’re here for you. <3 You are such a wonderful person and your flaws are what make you uniquely beautiful. 🙂 I hope you all have a great day! Toodles! <3

4. lingeringfire
    April 12, 2018 at 8:25 am

my house burned down

• Willowpaw (Wistep)
      April 12, 2018 at 8:27 pm

Oh… I’m so sorry. That’s really awful and I hope you and your family are okay and uninjured. *huggles*

• Birchfoot
      April 12, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Oh gosh, I’m so sorry to hear that. <3

• April 12, 2018 at 11:45 pm

Oh no…I’m really sorry 🙁 Are you and your loved ones all right?

σ hσlч вlσgclαn stαírcαsє 2016

• April 12, 2018 at 11:50 pm

I hope everyone is okay

• lingeringfire
      April 13, 2018 at 3:51 am

haha tricked ya all

• April 13, 2018 at 5:49 am

Um… please don’t make jokes like that.

~spooder

• Foxstep
          April 13, 2018 at 2:50 pm

That’s not funny. The Hug Page is for those who really need advice and comfort. Please stop pranking us from now on. It isn’t fun to worry about someone, only to find out they were lying :/

• April 13, 2018 at 7:18 am

thats mean dont trick people by saying that

• Brackenpaw (Brackendawn)
        April 16, 2018 at 2:55 am

It’s not funny to make jokes like that.

My awesomeness comes naturally

5. Ivy
    April 12, 2018 at 2:32 pm

I am in science right now and we are watching a video of ants’ heads falling off. It is really giving me the creeps. Blech

Email me:ivyflight16@gmail.com

6. There's A Fox Licking My Birthday Cake
    April 12, 2018 at 6:52 pm

An update on life that only Steppy/Steppita will understand:

So last night at youth group, Sparrowsong gave me a birthday present (it was on he 10th) and her letter was really sweet. But I don’t know why she does this. She probably didn’t mean to but she hurt my feelings and she hurt Shredears’ too (her ex). Anyway so she asked me to give this letter to Shredears but then she decided to use my phone AGAIN and tell it to him that way. So the letter included “oh I love you so much” and “I am a different person now” and “we can date again when my parents let me” and stuff. But I mean “I love you?” She broke up with him! And hurt his feelings. Why try to get back to him now? They had a heated debate and Shredears kept saying he wasn’t interested in her anymore. She hurt his feelings in a really mean way. Sparrowsong says she’s sorry but…idk. Anyway, my mom is now forbidding me to let Sparrowsong use my phone again cause she really needs to just stop and let it go. Shredears is happy (with me I assume) and has moved on. He’s done with playing games and drama. But I’m just confused. Sparrowsong loves me like a sister and said I was her sister in her letter to me. And yet…..I don’t know. I need some help. I have talked to my mom and sis about it but I need more advice.

I was super shocked when Sparrowsong actually said “I love you.” I mean I thought she didn’t like him and yet she gets all excited when I mention him. I really am not trying to compete with her, even though it’s clear Shredears likes me and really cares about me (which is why he feels bad that I’m included in all this drama). He asked me later why I even hang out with her and I simply responded that she deserves my friendship even after all the things she’s done. If we hate/dislike (hold a grudge against) someone just because they hate/don’t like us, then we are no better than they are. As a Christian, I am called to love and forgive. Sparrowsong is still my friend (in a way) even if she hurt me. 🙂

But anyway I still need some advice.

Also I have some more news.

So I just found out today that Shredears’ mother has leukemia. Please pray for her and Shredears and everyone in their family. Life is not fair, and yet we must know that there is a plan and a purpose. Huggles to him!

For those who don’t know what I’m talking about *sighs* Shredears is my “unofficial boyfriend” lol. I don’t feel like explaining it all but if you want the whole story, go back a few pages.

Steppy pls reply. You understand this most I think. ^^

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

• April 13, 2018 at 12:03 am

I think the best solution now is to keep your phone away from Sparrowsong. If she asks why, you should be honest with her about how this makes Shredears feel and mention how she already lost her chance with him. Remind her of how even Shredears doesn’t want to revive their relationship. And does Sparrowsong know about how you and Shredears feel about each other? If she doesn’t, it won’t do any good to leave her in the dark even if you two are unofficial. It would help her understand why you won’t let her use your phone to text him anymore and that he’s taken now. If she’s a good friend, she will understand and forgive you. She did cheat on Shredears anyways, that should be a red flag for her that it’s over between him and her.

However, if she doesn’t react well, it’s her loss. Don’t let her come in between you and Shredears and if she’s being persistent on it and treating you coldly, it might be time to let her go until she’s truly sorry. I know you think of her as a friend despite how she’s been acting, but if she can’t see how she hurt Shredears and doesn’t treat you well after, it’s time to wait for her to come back to you, not the other way around.

About Shredears’ mom – I am so sorry to hear that <3 Send her my love and prayers. I really hope she gets better. And I hope things work out between you, Sparrowsong, and Shredears. <3

σ hσlч вlσgclαn stαírcαsє 2016

• Foxie Spring Butterflies
        April 14, 2018 at 3:03 am

Thx Steppy! 😊 You’re a great help (and also truly the only person who understands what’s going on)

EDIT: Yeah my mom is “forbidding” me to allow her to use my phone now. It’s so nice that my mom, sis and bff Strikestorm have my back. Strikestorm really wants to be around when Hollylight (sis) goes and talks to Sparrowsong about this (if she does) lol.

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

• Sky
      April 13, 2018 at 12:03 am

I don’t know what’s going on, but I hope this will all be resolved soon. I’m not quite sure what to say…. I mean, on one hand, she doesn’t know what’s going on between you and him, but on the other, she probably doesn’t deserve dating him again….

But I really hope Shredear’s mom gets better. <3

• Foxie Spring Butterflies
        April 14, 2018 at 3:07 am

If you want the whole story, it’s a few pages back on the Hug Page haha

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

• Sky
          April 17, 2018 at 3:30 am

I found it. I’m sorry! Try keeping your phone from her.

• Snowbreeze
      April 13, 2018 at 1:46 pm

That sounds rough. I wish I knew how to help, but I’m not sure. I will keep this in my thoughts though. 🙂 *huggles*

• Foxie Spring Butterflies
        April 14, 2018 at 3:06 am

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

7. April 12, 2018 at 9:09 pm

So I was in life skills at school today, and all my classmates were just talking and working at their tables (we were sewing). And then this girl walks in, yelling and screaming. I knew her from last year because she was part of the special needs class, and my class often worked with hers. A lot of my classmates started laughing as she passed, while her aid tried to calm her down. It was horrible, because I knew the girl pretty well enough to know that she had autism and couldn’t control herself.

Then, we got back to work, since she was in the classroom next door now. But we kept hearing her cry and yell about something. And people in my class start laughing all over again. My teacher was talking to another teacher in her office, so she didn’t notice. I hated it so much, but just couldn’t bring myself to tell them to stop. I realized then that maybe, if I hadn’t known her and got to know the people in her class last year, I probably would have laughed with my classmates. I just wish I spoken up. Now it’s too late.

Keep sm;)ing

• April 13, 2018 at 12:27 am

If that ever happens again you have to speak up. It was extremely immature of them to laugh.

Better Watch Out

• April 13, 2018 at 2:03 am

That’s not okay. I’m glad you didn’t laugh but if this happens again, try shushing everyone or telling them to stop out loud. If they argue, tell them how wrong it is to laugh. Even if they don’t listen, at least you spoke up. Be sure to tell a teacher too, if they didn’t witness this when it happened.

σ hσlч вlσgclαn stαírcαsє 2016

• April 13, 2018 at 5:56 am

That… that is wrong on so many levels. Why would they laugh at a special needs kid? 🙁 I’m sorry Silv, that you regret not speaking up. If it happens again, be sure to tell a teacher, or somebody. <3

~spooder

8. Lingeringfire
    April 12, 2018 at 9:49 pm

I don’t know what to do right ow my house burned down I’m sad we had to evacuate

• April 13, 2018 at 2:04 am

Again, I’m so sorry <3 I hope you are in a safer location and that things will work out for you.

σ hσlч вlσgclαn stαírcαsє 2016

• April 13, 2018 at 3:49 am

is everyone okay?

• lingeringfire
      April 13, 2018 at 3:56 am

haha i tricked you i’m fine

• April 13, 2018 at 7:19 am

pls dont trick people like that

• Laurelcloud
        April 13, 2018 at 11:20 am

That’s not funny dude

• April 16, 2018 at 3:18 pm

that’s.: really not funny. people lose their houses to fires irl. it’s not a good joke

9. Spottedheart the Hamster Lover!!!
    April 12, 2018 at 9:57 pm

I would just like to remind everyone the importance of life and safety. Wether you are old enough to drive a car, or you are just a passenger, safety is VERY important. This was shown in a cruel way on Friday evening in Saskatchewan, Canada. There was a bus driving down a straight road at night, when they were struck by a truck.Over half of the passengers died, most of them young adult. Please be carefule when you drive, or don’t distract the diver. If you want to look up the catastrophe that i am relating to, look up the Humboldt Broncos bus crash. It was a sad momemt all around Canada… Stay safe…

• April 12, 2018 at 11:51 pm

okay

• April 13, 2018 at 2:05 am

I couldn’t agree more. Driving accidents happen all the time and I wish more action was taken. Also, texting while driving has gone on long enough, it has to stop now. I’m not sure may people are aware or care enough to be safer 🙁 Thanks for the message.

σ hσlч вlσgclαn stαírcαsє 2016

• April 16, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Also, with the snowstorm and all, be careful, try not to go out if it’s possible, there have been thousands of reported crashes already, stay safe!

10. Runningnose the second ( Thistletooth who has a cold and her nose keeps on running , it’s evil )
    April 13, 2018 at 12:00 am

I have a cold and I’m getting worse I think I can’t really taste anything and my nose is sore from all the blowing , I got to stay home today but I have to go tommorow and probably have to do the pacer test

• April 13, 2018 at 2:07 am

Agh, I’m sorry to hear that, Thistle! These times are the absolute worst. I hope you recover soon and feel up to the pacer 🙂 I love your new nickname, btw 😉

σ hσlч вlσgclαn stαírcαsє 2016

• Runningnose the second ( Thistletooth who has a cold and her nose keeps on running , it’s evil )
        April 13, 2018 at 11:44 am

Yeah I decided since my nose is running a lot that I should call myself runningnose the second for some reason , I feel a lot better and more like my old before the cold self