6,402 Replies to “Musical Discussion Page”

1. June 22, 2019 at 8:22 pm

This song isn’t from a musical, but it sounds like it’s from one.

I kind-of wish there was a 70’s-style musical set in France with the soundtrack featuring well-known songs from that decade (and maybe also comtemporary music of a similar style, like Jamiroquai or maybe even French House if that is even possible in a musical? Then again, there is a musical about Alexander Hamilton with a Hip-Hop, R&B, Soul and Pop soundtrack along with a Green Day musical, so anything is possible).

Omelette Du Fromage.

• June 22, 2019 at 11:43 pm

oooh sounds cool 😀

who you callin' pinhead?

2. June 24, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Thoughts on West End Live?

procrastination is the key 🔑

• Shiverfur
      June 24, 2019 at 8:28 pm

lol I was gonna go but I didn’t I had rehearsal I really wanted to go rip
      from what my friends said and from the videos I’ve seen six wasn’t as good as they thought (I agree that catharine parr didn’t sound good).
      bit annoying that the microphones stopped working in waitress why couldn’t they have that fixed 😛
      Also the new Jenna sounds amazing woah

I’m hoping to go next year so yeeeeeeet

abomination

• June 25, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Wait, did they not like Courtney Parr or Maiya Parr? (Courtney was Saturday, Maiya was Sunday)

procrastination is the key 🔑

• Shiverfur
          June 25, 2019 at 10:44 pm

Courtney. I’ve seen the videos and she’s a bit pitchy but I’m sure they’re great in the theatre idk

abomination

• June 25, 2019 at 1:08 am

never heard of it 😛 what is it? 🙂

who you callin' pinhead?

• June 25, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Since West End is like the UK Equivalent of Broadway, they have this weekend performance where a ton of different shows do little 10 minute performances in Trafalgar Square. It’s super cool, and it’s on both Saturday and Sunday! All the performances are now on YouTube as well 🙂

procrastination is the key 🔑

3. Shiverfur
    June 24, 2019 at 8:32 pm

uM I have to do a solo at musical theatre on Saturday and I haven’t even decided what to singgggggg
    I’m thinking of the following:
    – requiem (in a lower key cause I’m an alto lol) from deh
    -portrait of a girl from bare
    -in my dreams from anastasia
    -reflection from mulan

idkkkkk what to doooo ahahahahahah help

abomination

• Cheetahspark
      June 25, 2019 at 12:55 am

I feel like reflection is a really good song to show off a voice? The only other song I know from that list is requiem, which I think is also a good option. Whatever you pick, I’m sure you’ll do great <3

Spidey4SW

• June 25, 2019 at 1:08 am

sure you’ll do great <3 good luck 🙂

who you callin' pinhead?

• Birchfoot
      June 25, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Maybe in my dreams or Reflection?

regardless of which one you pick though I think you’ll do really well!!! <3 Good luck 😀

• June 25, 2019 at 9:57 pm

oof idk a lot of those songs, but I agree that relflection might be a good one? I hope it all goes well! Good luck! 😀

procrastination is the key 🔑

4. June 25, 2019 at 9:57 pm

guys I feel so lucky this past month <3
    Obviously, I went to Hamilton on June 14th, and July 14th I'm seeing Six. But now my old classmate and friend from horseback riding asked me if I want to go to a local production of Heathers with her on July 5th and my mom said yes!
    I'm seeing my three favorite musicals in one month I'm super happy 😀

procrastination is the key 🔑