2,775 Replies to “Wings of Fire Discussion Page”

1. May 23, 2020 at 9:41 pm

It annoys me that The Poison Jungle got some bad reviews on Amazon JUST BECAUSE Sundew and Willow are girlfriends. There is NOTHING WRONG with that, people!
    KananXHera forever ❤️

• May 23, 2020 at 10:00 pm

In fact, that’s one of the only things I liked about how Tui T. Sutherland portrayed Sundew, because the community deserved an LGBTQ+ main POV and she fit the role well. LGBTQ+ ships and straight ships make no difference to me. Neither really affect me, and everybody should be like that. We’re all people here. Love whoever the heck you wanna love. Who’re we to judge?

Your very own nerd is present.

• Loneheart
      May 24, 2020 at 1:56 am

I’m a heterosexual and I tolerate Sundew + Willow (I can’t hate a well-written relationship) and I agree-people should not behave like mini-Sundews be so judgemental …but please keep in mind that not every heterosexual person is homophobic (Myself included-I respect homosexual people 🙂 )

Voltron: Legendary Defender

• Birchfoot
        May 24, 2020 at 5:28 pm

I don’t think Turtle was implying that, but rather expressing frustration at people who were uncomfortable with Sundew and Willow’s relationship

• Snowbreeze
      May 25, 2020 at 5:20 pm

I completely one hundred percent agree with you. The people complaining about crying because of it, and that it’s confusing/it’s weird/it’s odd for dragons to be gay . . . some even complained that Willow was a flat character and only existed to get Sundew away from her male fiancé. I very much enjoyed Sundew and Willow’s relationship – Willow is one of my favorite characters – and love is love is love is love, and no matter what, we are deserving of respect and kindness.
      Sorry if that got a bit rant-ish there <3

• May 26, 2020 at 5:25 pm

I completely agree, Turtle! I mean, just look at my thingy (I don’t know what it’s called..)! It says “Sunlow and Mothpool for Life”! I thought they were adorable together, and I think that their relationship was exactly what “Wing of Fire” needed to be “in with the times”, since LGBTQ+ relationships are just something that happening in our world today!

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🌠 Starspring
      May 30, 2020 at 2:01 am

Agreed, I seriously don’t get their problem. Society is becoming more accepting and homophobia is simply illogical, I really don’t see how people would want to continue holding such toxic views. It was probably a single homophobe or something posting the reviews, like I’ve said I doubt a child would start crying over seeing two female dragons in love unless said parent pampered them to. Though I’m also pretty tired of some people screaming at people who simply don’t ship Sunlow for non-homophobic reasons, I feel that I should be able to go without being screeched at that I’m a homophobe for not shipping them (because that just happened today, hooray…the joys of being a multi-shipper). While I agree that the homophobic side is absolutely worse and that the reviews on Amazon are ridiculous, I feel that people on the other side of the spectrum are also rather extreme about this ship too

Daffiolet tho

• May 31, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Yeah, there were some folks who didn’t like Sunlow or TPJ because they felt like Sunlow took over the plot/Sundew’s character was butchered because of Sunlow/Sunlow wasn’t developed enough and felt too rushed. Those are perfectly valid, non-homophobic criticisms of it, and the Sunlow stans who yell at these folks for being “homophobic” are just as bad as the homophobes.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

• June 1, 2020 at 8:58 pm

That’s true, though. I love Sunlow even though I don’t like Sundew, because Sundew was always at her best with Willow, but I do think that Sunlow is part of the reason that Sundew didn’t get the proper character development that I was hoping for in her, because the romance took over so much of the story and made room for little else, if that makes sense (which in turn made me not like Sundew and there are so many reasons why TPJ was not at all the best WoF book).

Your very own nerd is present.

• June 9, 2020 at 2:36 pm

Ikr there’s loads about it being banned from schools and stuff- why?
      People say that it’s being “forced in children” and I’m not LGBT+ myself but I still think it’s important for people to know about and understand it

Whovian Alert

• Rosemist (Shiningmoon)
      June 28, 2020 at 12:53 am

I TOTALLY love wings of fire! I just finished reading The Poison Jungle !

2. Loneheart
    May 24, 2020 at 1:44 am

Nobody:
    Sundew: GET OFF OF MY BACK!!

Voltron: Legendary Defender

3. May 24, 2020 at 5:53 pm

Okay, I think I’m going to start reading Wings of Fire.

Aaron Burr, Sir

4. Crimsonclaw “Crimsonpaw”
    May 27, 2020 at 8:39 pm

I must know:
    Does anyone ship MoonXKinkajou? Or am I alone in this?

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🌠 Starspring
      May 27, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Yes! 😀 It’s not my otp (that would be Daffiolet), but I really like it ^w^ though I also ship Sorawatcher, Lunawatcher, Turtlewatcher, and Tamajou

Daffiolet tho

• June 2, 2020 at 6:47 pm

I don’t mind it!

Extraterrestrial Earthworm

5. α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🌠 Starspring
    May 29, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Okay I’m dying of curiosity and I need to ask it, anyone who’s read Dragonslayer already do you also ship Daffodil x Violet or nah? 😛

Or at least Ivy x Violet, Ivy x Daffodil, Ivy x Daffodil x Violet, or Ivy x Wren I really like those too

Daffiolet tho

• May 31, 2020 at 2:15 pm

I have not read Dragonslayer and probably never will, but from what I’ve heard, I do like Wren/Undauntable as a one-sided crush on Undauntable’s part. I’d prefer if they’d just remain friends or acquaintances.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🌠 Starspring
        May 31, 2020 at 11:38 pm

I can respect why people wouldn’t read Dragonslayer, though outside of the fact that it’s human POVs instead of dragons, it’s an alright book.

Wrendauntable is interesting and likable as a one-sided crush on Undauntable’s side, I agree. I really hope that they remain just friends instead, especially since Wren displayed no interest to begin with and if I can’t have Wrenvy, then I’d rather see Wren remain single. I can’t really see her with anyone outside of Ivy ngl, it doesn’t help that she gives me aroace vibes as well

Daffiolet tho

• June 2, 2020 at 6:46 pm

Extraterrestrial Earthworm

• falling feather
      June 28, 2020 at 3:08 am

I ship daffodil and violet.
      When I read the Dragonslayer I found myself cringing for Wren every time she had an interaction with Undauntable. I like the plot that the ship brings, but I don’t like the actual ship one bit. I don’t ship Wren with anyone and I like Wren and Undauntable much much more as friends.

6. June 1, 2020 at 9:03 pm

Wait. So it’s a fact, then, that Princess Snowfall is going to be the next book’s POV? It makes PERFECT SENSE, but I was really hoping for Swordtail, who I love, or even Luna…

Your very own nerd is present.

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🌠 Starspring
      June 2, 2020 at 6:36 pm

She’s actually queen now, but yes ^w^

Personally I’m glad that it isn’t Swordtail or Luna, I don’t like either of them much lol

Daffiolet tho

• June 2, 2020 at 11:55 pm

I’m not the biggest fan of Luna because she’s kinda boring, but I still wouldn’t mind seeing things from her perspective, hence the “even” part. 😛

OMG, YOU’RE RIGHT – SNOWFALL IS QUEEN NOW, OOPS… I’D FORGOTTEN XD

I just don’t know/remember? much about Snowfall, so I’m kinda going into this next book with a nearly blank slate. Which… I’m honestly not that upset about, though… 😀

Your very own nerd is present.

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🌠 Starspring
          June 14, 2020 at 4:23 am

The only reason I tolerate Luna is because I ship Lunawatcher 😛

Snowfall is looking to be an interesting POV considering the excerpt on the wiki page for it, and it’ll be nice to see a sitting queen as a POV as that’s a nice change. I wanted Lynx initially, but I think I like the idea of Snowfall having the POV more since even with Lynx as a POV, she’s still one of the higher ranking IceWings so we’d probably never learn anything about the lower born IceWings, anyways…which is a shame. I’m very excited to see her interactions with the Pantalans, that will be an interesting read, lol.

It does make me wonder who the next POV will be for book 15, since Tui’s bringing things back to Pyrrhia. Personally I really hope she extends this arc past 5 books since most last arc endings feel kind of rushed, and considering that Dragonslayer had to be written before 14 and 15, I would like to see the plot not be rushed in that regard.

Daffiolet tho

• June 22, 2020 at 4:03 pm

Oh, that’s a good point. Unfortunately, I bet she will still write only 5 books for this arc, although she could always end some things and continue the process of mixing Pantala and Pyrrhia together, showing the troubles and challenges that causes, in the next arc. (Of course, I’m not Tui and I don’t know what goes on in her head, so she certainly could extend this arc, even though I doubt it personally.)

I’ve definitely wondered what life was like for lower-born IceWings, but it’s still interesting that we get a queen’s POV in a main WoF book; even though I’d prefer seeing things from a middle-class character (not low-born or high-born at all), I think seeing things from a queen’s perspective is smart since she has to make decisions for her kingdom when all the Pantalans crash in XD.

Your very own nerd is present.

7. June 13, 2020 at 4:08 am

Write a mathematical equation to sum up your personality…and instead of using numbers, use main PoV WoF characters.
    I have to admit, I’m most like Peril (her personality is essentially mine, and we have a similar thought process-I know, it scares me to) so she’d be my ‘base number’. Now I’ll subtract the endless shame and bloodstained past (I don’t have firescales [ or do I?], and I wasn’t forced to fight in an arena so…I don’t rage war with shame 😛 ) With that done, I’ll add Starflight (for intelligence and love of reading-I am very intelligent and I love reading), Sunny (for her enthusiasm and determination-I am VERY determined. As a result I am enthusiastic about most everything[I do not give up]), Moonwatcher (for her social anxiety and shyness-I get extremely self-conscious when people so much as look at me, half the time I’m lost in my head, and I am a serious introvert) Cricket, (for her eternally curious mind-I am forever asking questions and I love learning like my breathing depends on it), Sundew (for her fighting spirit-I am very much a fighter). Now that’s a combination that pretty much sums me up (it leaves out a lot though)
    Now let’s write it all out-
    Peril (-1)+Starflight+Sunny+Cricket+Moonwatcher+Sundew=Loneheart.
    Now if I were a villain it’d go like this…
    Prince Albatross as my ‘base number’. (I’d eliminate my victims in whatever way I could. Family would not be excluded. In fact, family would be first on my murder list…not that I have any kind of murder list, just to be clear :P.). Now I’ll add Blister (I’d threaten my victims in the same manner as her, and I’d have a small amount of her cleverness), and finally Darkstalker, (I’d share some of his motives and I’d definitely use animus magic the same way he would…actually, no, I’d do things not even he could imagine with animus magic..)
    So that’s Prince Albatross +Blister+Darkstalker(+1)=Evil Loneheart.

How about you? What’s your WoF personality equation?

Voltron: Legendary Defender

• June 14, 2020 at 2:57 pm

I have three bases: Cricket, Qibli, and Tsunami. Okay, I’m going to start with Cricket. Cricket, because I am curious like her and ask a million questions about everything; again, I am extremely perceptive and an overthinker. Now, subtract all of the HiveWing stuff, as I am a human or warrior cat (wink wink) and subtract her love for reading, as I am not big on reading at all times. Next up is Qibli, as we are both always thinking of what others aren’t (again, I’m perspective and an overthinker) and are super good, loyal people and are always questioning why others didn’t do things we would’ve because others just don’t have the thought processes we do. Subtract the SandWing stuff and the obsession with wanting to be an animus (though I’d still question why others didn’t use the animus powers the way I would, and, yes, I would also be frustrated like him that I wasn’t one due to others’ decisions with their powers), and definitely subtract the feelings of not being complete without something special about me. The last, but equally-important, base is Tsunami, because I have a protective, defensive, warrior-like, valiant, and quick-to-anger personality, which is kind of the opposite of my overthinker side, the Tsunami side which does not think things through and will jump into things head-on. Now, subtract all of the SeaWing stuff, and the wishing-to-be-royalty stuff. Let’s add Glory, because I am occasionally sarcastic, and I’m smart like her, and I pretend to be meaner and badder than I actually am, and would be amused and pleased with myself to solve a conflict with a brilliant idea like her. Now, let’s subtract the people-underestimating-me part (like, people do, but not as much as they do her) and the RainWing part and the wanting-to-hide part and the jealousy-and-disappointedness-about-“not-being-in-the-prophecy”-with-the-others part. Lastly, let’s add in Sunny, because I can occasionally be naive and I, about half of the time, definitely pretend to be dumber than I actually am, and I hate keeping secrets (she can’t even keep a secret), and I have a bubbly personality when given even one tiny thing to be excited or happy about. Let’s subtract most of the naive-ness, still, and the overly-cheerfulness, and the SandWing-NightWing stuff.

Cricket + Tsunami + Qibli + Glory + Sunny = Needleblaze

For the villains, I’d say I don’t relate to most of their personalities, but I feel I am most like Blister. Or Queen Wasp, not under control? Dunno.

Blister (-1) + Queen Wasp (-1) = Needleblaze

Your very own nerd is present.

• Moonpelt
      June 27, 2020 at 2:38 pm

So… I have…four bases I think:
      Turtle, Moonwatcher, Blue and Starflight.
      Okay:
      I’m gonna start with Turtle, I am probably a secret keeper, kinda nervous about lots of stuff, and very peaceful, but I’m gonna subtract the the Seawing stuff cause I’m definitely a human. Next, Moonwatcher, I’m shy, but not paralyzingly afraid, so subtract that. Also, I can get braver with people I know better, like her. But, subtract the Nightwing things and the mindreading stuff. Third, Blue, I like wondering about other people’s feelings, but (Even though I’m NOT a rebel.) I do like asking why about rules if I don’t understand why, and doesn’t just accept them, so subtract that. (And the Silkwing stuff.)And finally, Starflight, the one I personally think fits my personality the most, cause I’m a nervous, reader that will ask why, but doesn’t go starting fights everywhere. (Subtract Nightwing stuff, pretty-much-thinkin-that-Nightwings-are-da-best-stuff.) And I gonna add Glory cause I can be sarcastic and and happy when I solve something or do something right(Subtract Rainwing, and Venom.) Oh, wait, adding Qibli, cause I am a very very big thinker, like him, and I often self doubt myself, like him, takin away the Sandwing and Wanting to have power things.
      So:
      Turtle+Moonwatcher+Blue+Starflight+Glory+Qibli= Moonpelt
      ( Also, has nothing to do with this, but on here, I’m named after Moonwatcher, cause of MOONpelt, and on Minecraft. My name is Themoonswatcher, and that has Moonwatcher on it.)
      This took so long to do😉

❄️If all is lost, all is found❄️

8. June 13, 2020 at 9:09 pm

what would happen if the prophecy dragonets were born outside

ⓞⓝⓛⓨ ⓜⓘⓛⓓⓛⓨ ⓘⓝⓕⓤⓡⓘⓐⓣⓘⓝⓖ

• falling feather
      June 13, 2020 at 9:15 pm

they’d be dead
      jk
      it would probably take longer, Sunny wouldn’t be so naive, since they’re in a cave for so long and haven’t really seen the world they are very very naive and come at the war with a simple approach. if they were born outside then they would probably try to end the war by choosing a queen or with more fighting.
      also Glory’s scales wouldn’t be so dull 😛

look in the sky

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🌠 Starspring
      June 14, 2020 at 4:16 am

If the were born outside then I can imagine what Falling Feather said happening, considering they would see more of the actual fighting and would be less naive. I’d imagine that Starflight would be the first moonborn NightWing, and while Sunny could theoretically be moonborn due to her NightWing heritage and Darkstalker’s existence as a moonborn hybrid, it seems like her SandWing traits are more dominant (which makes sense, seeing as her mother is a SandWing) so maybe not Sunny? That’s all I have though, this is an interesting idea.

Daffiolet tho

• June 15, 2020 at 11:56 am

Starflight would have mind reading and prophecy powers

Whovian Alert

9. StartlingBlue
    June 15, 2020 at 1:58 am

I can’t wait for The Dangerous Gift to come out! Especially because the main protagonist of it is the daughter of my favorite WoF character! 😀

Havenfur

10. June 15, 2020 at 2:58 pm

IDK why but in the introduction to Legends: Darkstalker, young Foeslayer reminded me so much of Fatespeaker.

Voltron: Legendary Defender

11. June 19, 2020 at 12:16 am

It’s story time with Blazer (as I’ve been giving a lot of story times recently)!

Note that this story comes from a looooooooong time ago now, as I was reading WoF back when maybe Starflight’s book, but definitely Sunny’s book, wasn’t out yet, so I had to wait for them to come out, and for every book past that.

SPOILERS FOR ESCAPING PERIL, BECAUSE APPARENTLY I WANT TO DISCUSS SOMETHING I READ A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO XD

Therefore, to get the idea, when Escaping Peril was still fresh and new, I was reading it, right? And therefore I didn’t have information about future books, so I wouldn’t have known that everything would be okay in this section. Anyway. So, I had school the next day, and I’d been reading before bed like I normally did back then, since our family typically did that. Well, I read the chapter where there’s the fakeout Glory death because of animus magic and it’s actually a MudWing head but you don’t know that until the next chapter, and Tsunami storms after the dragons who dropped the head down and stuff. Remember that scene? Yeah? Well, because I had school the next day, my mom wouldn’t let me stay up late to read another chapter. So, I literally finished the chapter, shocked and upset that Glory might’ve died. I had to TRY TO GO TO SLEEP, mind whirling with the possibilities, super duper afraid that Glory was dead even though I knew it would’t make sense for her to die, especially “off-camera”, but scared because of the chance that she did, and not understanding how it could be a fakeout… all because my mom wouldn’t let me read more. I had to WAIT UNTIL I WAS AT SCHOOL, I’M PRETTY SURE, before I could read more. I never knew I could be so scared for the life of a book character besides my own OCs. And Glory is, like, my sixth-favorite POV, not even super up there! Geez! Imagine if it’d been someone else. Goodness, no…

SPOILER WARNING OVER

So, yeah. That’s my story. *bows* I sound like an elder telling stories to kits, and I’m only 15. Sorry about that.

Your very own nerd is present.

12. α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🏳️‍🌈 Starspring
    July 1, 2020 at 5:52 am

Has anyone else seen the recent qna Tui had on homebase? I believe there was an announcement about it on the fanon WoF wiki and I’ve seen it pop up on the news and announcements board on the canon WoF wiki, so y’all should probably check there if you want to see all of the stuff that was answered-

There’s some minor spoilers that were revealed about book 14 aka The Dangerous Gift, so if you want to remain completely spoiler free for this book then don’t read

But basically I’m disappointed that Lynxfall nor Hazelfall will likely become a thing (I feel this was a missed opportunity) but if we get ace rep this book I’m not complaining, it’s always nice to see single protags in this series ;w; I’m just really hoping Lynxter doesn’t happen, the love triangle was a mess and Winter doesn’t need a romantic relationship right after getting rejected by both Moon and Qibli (since Qinter was a valid possibility…thanks again to Tui for validating Qinter shippers :’3). I’m honestly all for aro Lynx or lesbian Lynx at this point. I’m curious to see the Winter and Lynx interactions tho

I’m not that bothered by Wren being confirmed to make an appearance in TDG, I would’ve been more surprised if none of the Dragonslayer characters made an appearance in this arc considering Tui has said that she had to write Dragonslayer before book 14 and 15. I actually like Wren, I’m excited to see how she and Snowfall get along in this book, lol- I’m hoping that Ivy and Sky also make an appearance, idc about Leaf in the canon books because he has no personality and that means Leavy is probably going to get shoehorned into another book (but considering how much time Tui gave it in L2, I doubt they’ll be anything but platonic which gives me all the more reason to hate this ship more, lol). I just want to see more of Ivy’s relationships with Wren and Sky because I want to see more of what we got in the last two chapters of the book- (but this is too hopeful so I’m not going to believe it’ll happen)

Since the POV for book 15 is likely going to be a Pantalan, I’m betting on Luna, Hazel, Willow, Mandrake, Cobra Lily, or anyone who’s on Pyrrhia rn because I doubt that Tui will move that far away from the main cast considering she’s adding Wren to the cast in TDG (which is probably for a plot related reason, let’s be honest) so I really doubt a POV like Swordtail, Io, or Bryony would happen atm. I really hope we don’t get a Bumblebee POV she’s too young (but thankfully Tui said this herself so I’m doubting that as a possibility). I’ll wait for TDG to judge tho

Spoiler end

Also y’all Tui confirmed that dragons can be any type of LGBT+ which makes me very happy, I really want to see a trans or nb POV at some point- (maybe nb Cobra Lily as a POV? Idk about y’all but Cobra Lily gives me nb vibes). And I also really like the trans Peril headcanon, I’m hoping that Tui could confirm this but I doubt she will, so again, I’m not getting my hopes up 😛 Tui also pretty much confirmed a WoF guidebook and apparently there’ll be details about the Scorching in it and that makes me very excited, I’ve been hoping for a WoF guidebook for awhile now. I’m excited for the next event like this, honestly – I don’t have homebase and it’s already very laggy on its own but I’m glad that we’re getting events like these during the wait for TDG and TDS graphic novel 😛 (I’m more excited for TBN graphic novel tho, shhh)

Daffiolet tho

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrost) 🐍❄️
      July 1, 2020 at 6:03 am

1. there’s so much here to reply to so i’ll just state that i agree with most of it XD

2. i’m happy that the dragonslayer characters are coming into the arc but if i have to hear about leaf one more time seriously i think he dropped his personality somewhere and forgot about it for the rest of his life

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🏳️‍🌈 Starspring
        July 1, 2020 at 6:48 am

Who knows, maybe he’ll find it again in TDG 😛 Unlikely but hey if Tui manages to give him something of a personality after Dragonslayer I’ll be very impressed

The only reason I like Leaf is because of my own headcanons and because I ship him with Forest and Moth (the latter because neither have no personality so it’d be a perfect match lol), I really don’t like him in the actual books 😛

Daffiolet tho

• July 1, 2020 at 1:25 pm

.I don’t care about, and I’m getting a little tired of Winter’s mess of relationships, and, unlike a lot of FanWings I’m happy Qibli choose Moon.
      .I’m not just bothered by Wrens appearance in TDG-I am deeply concerned and horrified. Obviously it’s going to be a MAJOR appearance that’s going to be IMPORTANT to the plot. And to me, that leads to a bad bad bad future for WoF…not to mention the fact that I was hoping no extremely major, plot-affecting relationships would happen between dragons and humans and it would just focus on the dragons world.
      Tui, how could you ruin that.
      .I’ll bet you anything book 15 is going to be told from Princess Hazels perspective. Book 14 is from a Queens PoV right? Logically then, I’d assume book 15 would center around another royal-and the only royal among the Pyrrhia bound Pantalans is Hazel. Personally though, I’m hoping it’s going to be from Luna’s perspective…which is also a huge possibility (pun intended, I’m hilarious 😛 ) especially since she was the first Pantalan we were introduced to, and I suspect that she’s going to play an important part in book 15. I’m crossing my fingers on that. Don’t fail me Tui
      .No official statement.

Voltron: Legendary Defender

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🏳️‍🌈 Starspring
        July 1, 2020 at 11:22 pm

– Well, to be fair most FanWings that I’ve seen who dislike Moonbli do have valid reasons for doing so, and Moonbli is literally one of the most popular ships in the fandom because of its canon status ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but I won’t go into detail on that topic
        – I mean this was likely going to be a thing since Dragonslayer’s release had to happen before The Dangerous Gift and book 15, similar to Darkstalker for Talons of Power and Darkness of Dragons. I’m pretty sure Tui is going to stick with the dragons regardless of what she does with human-dragon relationships, so I’m not particularly worried. As long as humans don’t become POVs in the main series and we don’t get more stuff like dragon-riders in other dragon focused series I really don’t care what Tui does with it.
        – I’d much rather a Hazel POV than Luna, I just…don’t like Luna much and I feel she works better as a side character (judging from the snippets of her POV we got in the epilogue). But I think my personal favourite would be a Cobra Lily POV, or a Mandrake POV. But since Tui only said it was likely that it’d be a Pantalan POV and not definite, I’m still holding out for a Sky POV, especially after Wren was confirmed to be appearing in TDG ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        – I’m not exactly sure what you mean by that but? It’s basically confirmed that in the future we’re getting a guidebook, we just haven’t gotten an official statement from Scholastic yet. Ask literally anyone who was at the homebase event, they’ll confirm it

Daffiolet tho

• July 2, 2020 at 4:35 am

Our experiences have been different then 🙂
          .’Pretty sure’ is not 100% entirely certain, and there’s still a factor of unpredictability. I mean, none of us know FOR SURE how far Tui is going to go with human/dragon interactions. Also the usage of the words ‘not particularly worried’ gives me the impression that your a little tiny bit worried if not ‘deeply concerned and horrified.’
          .I agree with you about liking Cobra Lily (she’s quite something) but a book from her perspective? Let’s just say I’d find that disturbing 😛 . As for Mandrake…well, right now he’s a little pathetic, to darkstalk things a bit 😉
          .What I meant by no official statement is ‘I have nothing to say about this/this doesn’t matter to me.

Voltron: Legendary Defender

• Starspring is signed out
            July 2, 2020 at 4:27 pm

– I say pretty sure as in I highly doubt that Tui would shift humans to be POVs in the main series in place of dragons as she wanted this series to be focused mainly on the dragons.
            – I’m not really worried though?? Idrc what happens as long as humans don’t become main povs in the main series (unless Tui does a Scorching arc I guess), and considering Tui has stated she’s not sure about a fourth arc I doubt there’s much of a chance that human povs in that arc will happen (as protags, at the least). It may be because I’ve grown used to the fourth and fifth books of the arcs having rushed plot elements, but at this point I have gotten to the feeling of “idrc what happens to resolve the ending as long as it’s reasonable and the things leading up to it make some level of sense” – ToP and DoD are the only exceptions tho
            – Cobra Lily could be an interesting pov though, if not a protag then an interesting prologue/epilogue pov. Mandrake I feel there’s a decent amount of room for him to get development, which is why I suggest him. Honestly I just don’t want a Swordtail pov as I really dislike him

13. Larkfeather
    July 2, 2020 at 11:38 pm

Can we talk about the newest book coming out? Its in the newest IceWing queens POV, (Srry i forget her name). The poison Jungle ends with Her and Jerboa discussing the loss of animus magic. She(IceWing queen) is flipping out because a horde of SilkWings and what not are coming straight toward the IceWing kingdom after escaping the other continent.
    I think it would be a good plot developer or something if she issues an attack toward them, or she simply refuses to take them in. (But then i see how this might not work out, because Jerboa has met Luna (Right?) and Tsunami and Turtle are with the SilkWings.)

(I have more, I just don’t know how to put it into words…)

˜Lark