2,265 Replies to “Wings of Fire Discussion Page”

1. Rip Lunaheart/paw
    April 27, 2019 at 4:51 am

I just reread TOP here is what my mom thought
    Me: mom, if someone melted your eye but it grew back would you call them insignificant?
    Mom: I wouldn’t give them a sunshine slip for that! But if they healed it…. and who can melt eyes? (Long personal story)
    Me: MOM 🙄
    Me: no, no different topic……. if someone melted your eye but it came back, would you call them insignificant?
    Mom:……. this has been a weird conversation………
    Me: so kinkajou is under an insignificance spell and she has a magic venom as well and she melted someone’s eye and he has magic too so he healed himself and he called her insignificant
    Mom: ohhhhhhhh idk
    Me: *facepalm*

Also
    Blue is like clay except blue isn’t eating machine (like Graystripe)
    Sundew and tsunami are alike (sarcastic, grumpy, sarcastic, aggressive sarcastic etc.)

*insert something sarcastic*

• Rip Lunaheart/paw
      April 28, 2019 at 4:50 am

Winter, tsunami, glory, and sundew should have a sarcasm contest!

*insert something sarcastic*

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Has your mom read any of the books? 😛

Running for SW!!

• Creekdapple
      June 4, 2019 at 7:52 pm

I see Blue as kind of like a mix between Sunny and Turtle.

2. HollyshineOfShadowClan
    April 27, 2019 at 5:25 am

Ahh, Parents..

Did anyone else realize that Turtle=Fathom in looks and personality while Kinkajou is Indigo in Personality?
    + Moon is somewhat like Clearsight.

Your Majesty, Sparklestar

• Rip Lunaheart/paw
      April 28, 2019 at 4:48 am

YESSSSSSSSSS

*insert something sarcastic*

• May 21, 2019 at 5:36 pm

I made a theory post about this a while ago! I’ll see if I can find it for you 😀

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:18 pm

That is really interesting! Maybe they’re descendants of Fathom/Indigo/Clearsight. 🙂

Running for SW!!

• Willowpaw (Wistep)
      May 22, 2019 at 3:54 pm

yup! many people have entertained the idea of parallel timelines between the Darkstalker era and the modern era 😛

anyway the wind blows~

3. Rip Lunaheart/paw
    April 28, 2019 at 4:50 am

Winter, tsunami, glory, and sundew should have a sarcasm contest.

*insert something sarcastic*

• April 28, 2019 at 2:15 pm

I don’t think so much Glory, as she was only grumpy without the sun. She’s not that sarcastic any more

Yay

• Rip Lunaheart/paw
        April 29, 2019 at 4:29 am

True………..

*insert something sarcastic*

• May 3, 2019 at 6:02 am

YESH
      (but maybe minus Glory? she’s a big ol’ mature queen now 😛 )

I procrastinate too much

• Sparkly Hollyshine
        May 9, 2019 at 5:28 am

LOL! I think she’s childish once in a while but more like a 18-year-old that’s mature and fun 🙂

Your Majesty, Sparklestar

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Haha yes 😛

Running for SW!!

4. May 16, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Hey everybody, if you haven’t heard yet, there’s a new Legends book coming out later this year on December 26, 2019! https://wingsoffire.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonslayer

Blurb:

This special edition of the #1 New York Times bestselling Wings of Fire series soars back in time to give readers a glimpse of Pyrrhia through new eyes.

For decades dragons have wondered how three small scavengers managed to kill Queen Oasis. Until now.

Travel back to before the War of SandWing Succession, and experience Pyrrhia as we’ve never seen it before — through the eyes of humans.

So, how do y’all feel about this book, since it’s going to be from the point of view of humans? I personally love the idea of it.

Oof

• May 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm

That is the BEST idea ever! Can’t wait!

I procrastinate too much

• emeraldspirit
      May 18, 2019 at 7:56 pm

but then well have to wait even longer for book 14! and after book 13, i’m like super excited for fourteen. don’t you feel the same way?

look down

• May 19, 2019 at 2:15 am

I’m excited for all the Wings of Fire books tho, but I can wait because then it’ll be much more worth it 😛

(And writing a full on book/novel takes a long time, soo….)

Oof

• May 19, 2019 at 12:52 am

Heyy…
      Aren’t we Humans :O

I feel like Flower’s name is Rose, Daisy or Lily

Your Majesty, Sparklestar

• May 21, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Ohhhh I remember hearing about this a while ago!! I’m so excited!! This is gonna be a great book.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:16 pm

I’m really looking forward to reading this book! It’ll be really interesting to see what exactly the scavengers think of the dragons. 🙂

Running for SW!!

• June 4, 2019 at 4:42 am

I’m excited! I hear it’s called Dragonslayer

Yay

• Creekdapple
      June 4, 2019 at 7:55 pm

It sounds unconventional for the series, but it could be really interesting and it could clear up a lot of questions about the SandWing royal treasure.

5. Rip Lunaheart/paw
    May 20, 2019 at 12:47 am

Queen scarlet is basically “evil brightheart”

*insert something sarcastic*

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:15 pm

oh wow that’s so true, I never thought about it before 😛

Running for SW!!

6. May 22, 2019 at 5:02 am

Y’all if it interests you, here’s this link to a (spoilerish) thread on the Wings of Fire wiki that has a screenshot of Tui answering a fan’s question about Wildew (Willow x Sundew):

(Link that zooms into the screenshot if you can’t see it, not sure if it’ll work);

You can decide for yourselves whether it’s real or fake, but after reading through the thread, I’m leaning on it being potentially real, but I’ll be waiting for the newest book’s release to find out.

Oof

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:15 pm

I’m always a bit cautious when it comes to things like this, but I do believe Sundew likes Willow, there seems to be a lot of hints so. 😛 Thanks for sharing this Hazy! 🙂 <3

Running for SW!!

• May 22, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Oh my gosh wow!! 😀 That would be super cool if that’s real.

procrastination is the key 🔑

• May 25, 2019 at 10:53 pm

I KNEW IT WAS WILLOW :DDD

Your Majesty, Sparklestar

• June 11, 2019 at 2:52 am

It’s sketchy that Tui would randomly send a fan a private email, especially about a potentially controversial spoiler, but I really hope it’s true!! I tend to hope for the best and prepare for the worst on leaks anyway.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

7. Silverfire
    May 23, 2019 at 10:42 pm

I know this is a weird thing to put on this page, but I actually don’t like Wings of Fire at all. I started The Dragonet Prophecy, but put it down halfway through because I realized I was struggling to finish it. Other books, such as Warriors, I can finish in a day or two, but it took me almost a week to get through half of that book. Then I picked up Moon Rising because I wanted to give Wings of Fire another chance, and I actually finished it. It was alright, but I wasn’t really attached to the characters or invested in the storyline. Maybe I didn’t read enough to get invested, but I remember that I got attached to the characters in Warriors very quickly. I’ve always wanted to put my thoughts on Wings of Fire out there, but I’ve been really afraid because so many people love this series, and I don’t want them to take this personally and start to insult me because of it. This isn’t a problem with Wings of Fire , but the series is just not for me. Try not to hate me, please! I decided to post this on BlogClan because everyone here is so welcoming and respectful. You can love Wings of Fire all you want. Don’t let my opinion change that.
    (I’m sorry this is so long, btw)

• Rip Lunaheart/paw
      May 24, 2019 at 5:33 am

Nono no It’s fine! Don’t be afraid to share your opinion, and report to mods and staff when you have a problem. We’re you’re friend, and not liking a book series doesn’t change that. Thank you for telling us how you feel!.

(Did I go overboard)

*insert something sarcastic*

• Fally
      May 24, 2019 at 8:10 pm

I’m glad you shared your opinion, Silver! 🙂 I’m sorry that you felt afraid to share your opinion – no one should have to feel that way! You can always post your opinions here on BlogClan. 🙂 <3

Running for SW!!

• June 6, 2019 at 6:44 am

I don’t blame you for not liking it, though I like the series myself. In my opinion things have been going sort of downhill since mid-arc 2.

Oof

• June 11, 2019 at 2:50 am

That’s cool! You do you, bud. Everyone has different tastes.

I’m not trying to shame you or be offensive or anything, but, just curious, why would you post this? Like you said, everyone here is really welcoming or understanding, but it really only has the potential to make people feel bad and start drama. Most people who don’t like the series don’t come on this page anyway, so you’re probably not doing it to find people with similar tastes. I’m sorry, but I have autism and social anxiety and though I work really hard at it I just don’t understand social stuff sometimes. I mean this respectfully 🙂

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Cheetahspark
      June 11, 2019 at 2:58 am

I don’t read WoF but all of these replies are so nice 😛 I love BlogClan.

Spidey4SW

8. June 6, 2019 at 6:47 am

You want to know something funny

I still think that both Winterwatcher and Moonbli suck and that Turtlewatcherjou or Single!Moonwatcher would’ve been so much better than the mess we got

Winterwatcher would never have worked out in a completely healthy matter and Moonbli felt more like a sibling bond, though I prefer it over Winterwatcher. Turtlewatcher (Turtle x Moon) had potential and so did Moonjou (Moon x Kinkajou), but no.

And Kinkajou should’ve gotten Qibli’s book. Just saying.

Oof

• June 11, 2019 at 2:42 am

Yes. Yes. And even more yes. Kinkajou should have gotten a book 🙁

procrastination is the key 🔑

• June 11, 2019 at 2:49 am

I agree about Moonbli and Winterwatcher!! Moonjou always felt more sisterly to me, but it definitely would have been sweet. I don’t like Turtlewatcher at all though. Honestly, Moon didn’t have to end up with someone. She would have been perfectly happy on her own.

What?! Darkness of Dragons was amazing. Qibli is the only person who could have told that chunk of the story, because of his analytics. Besides, he’s just such a fun character to read and it was a really nice introspective into his backstory and personality. I definitely agree that Kinkajou should have gotten a book, but don’t throw Qibli under the bus for her.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• June 11, 2019 at 10:47 am

I prefer Moon x No one myself, honestly, but I do like the idea of Turtle x Moon x Kinkajou a lot more than Winterwatcher and Moonbli 😛

I like Qibli, don’t get me wrong, I just didn’t like the way his POV was written that much tbh. I also feel like he changed too suddenly in between Brightest Night and Moon Rising, more like if it was thought that having Winter as a harsh and cold protagonist was too much already. And honestly, I do think that Kinkajou’s POV could’ve worked for the last book of the second arc if done correctly. My main reasoning for it is that I feel like the books never properly handled Kinkajou’s trauma with the NightWings experimenting on the RainWings, and honestly, I don’t like how trauma in the series was handled in general, more specifically in the second arc. I feel like it would’ve given more insight on how Kinkajou was really handling it, and honestly, it’s a headcanon of mine that Kinkajou tends to stay so overly positive and cheery because of her trauma. Kind of dark, but I feel like it might fit in.

But tbh if I really wanted to change anyone’s book to someone else’s POV, I’d change Peril’s because in my opinion her POV and character development was…not good.

But that’s just my opinion, so meh 😛

Oof

• June 12, 2019 at 10:13 pm

Moon x No One is otp 😛 idk why, I’m indifferent on Turtlewatcher. I don’t hate it, but it’s not something I ship at all.

Really? I loved it 😛 maybe because I relate to him. I agree about the switch between Brightest Night and Moon Rising! I read the books out of order, so I read Moon Rising and Winter Turning before Brightest Night, and it really surprised me to see Qibli act like he did. I thought it might be a different Qibli at first 😛 I think Qibli’s character was cool in Brightest Night, but it was much better in the second arc and the jump was way too big.

I like that! I don’t see how it fits into that particular story though, because while Darkstalker is a NightWing he never experimented on Kinkajou and he doesn’t hate RainWings. Also, Kinkajou has no connection to Vulture so that would leave that plothole and the bombing subplot open-ended or resolved offscreen, both of which are bad.

fghjljhgfghj we have such differing opinions I liked Peril’s pov 😛 Peril is incredibly fun and hilarious to read, but her development was… okay. It wasn’t horrible. I think the problem is that a lot of it has been done offscreen and aside from her POV we haven’t seen Peril much for a main character. I’m guessing Tui made that choice because we know Peril well, but it didn’t work out.

The thing is, it looks like the characters we know, including Kinkajou and Peril, are still gonna be involved in Arc 3, so while they won’t have the spotlight maybe they’ll still get some development. Or they could get a Legends/Winglets.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• June 12, 2019 at 10:21 pm

Honestly I felt like Peril should’ve matured by the end of her book, and I honestly thought that she would be more reluctant and hesitant to kill Scarlet due to killing dragons in the arena and wanting to leave her past behind 😛

Tbh I just thought that arc 2 was a giant mess for the most part, but not as bad as Omen of the Stars 😛

Oof

• June 13, 2019 at 8:06 am

That’s fair, but of all the dragons she would kill Scarlet is the most fitting and satisfying. After all, there’s a difference between killing innocent prisoners and killing your abuser. Besides, Peril didn’t kill her in the end.

I thought it was pretty good, but there definitely was some weird stuff 😛

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

9. June 9, 2019 at 5:33 am

Hey if you haven’t seen it yet, the preview for The Poison Jungle is out! Here’s the blurb in case you haven’t seen it (or summary, sort of):

Some secrets are deadly.

It’s no secret that Sundew wants to destroy the HiveWings. It’s her life’s mission to exact revenge on the tribe that tried to wipe out the LeafWings and ripped every tree from the surface of Pantala.

Every tree, that is, except the wild and dangerous Poison Jungle, where the surviving LeafWings have been hiding since the war. Hiding, plotting, and waiting for a dragon like Sundew, who is uniquely qualified to bring down the Hives.

There are dark secrets in the jungle, though – some that Sundew is keeping, and some that she’s only just beginning to discover. And now that a new war is upon them, Sundew and her friends must unearth the oldest secret in the jungle – even if what they find has the power to destroy them all.

The excerpt on scholastic can be found here!

Any thoughts so far? Theories? The excerpt contains TPJ spoilers for the prologue and first chapter, so read it at your own risk.

Oof

• June 11, 2019 at 3:12 am

woohoo I’m so excited!! the cover is beautiful!!

~~ Spoilers Ahead ~~

all right so Sundew definitely has some sort of plant powers right? I’m guessing she has the ability to replicate any plant she’s seen before or something of that accord (sort of like Turtle’s animus bowl?) because we’ve never seen her manipulate plants or anything but she does always have plants with her. if she could magically replicate them that would explain why.

I love Bryony!!! I hope she becomes a regular character. She’s so sassy and has a good heart. I also really liked seeing Hemlock, one of the people who have been pressuring Sundew and making her life miserable, be overshadowed by Sundew. Awesome. I just hope Sundew knows. It lowkey looks like Grayling is gonna be Bryony’s love interest, but I hope not. She gives me lesbian vibes.

The way Sundew thinks of Blue is very ominous. She sees him more as a tool than a dragon, and that’s definitely gonna come into play later. I think it will cause a split between Sundew and the rest of the team, but also there will be a split between Sundew and the rest of the LeafWings because she already brought strange dragons from other tribes into their village. So Sundew’s on her own. That’s dangerous. She lashes out when she’s vulnerable and upset, and with the weapon of the Poison Jungle in her talons, that could prove fatal.

Sundew’s got a love interest!!! Oh I r e a l l y hope it’s Willow.

The Sundew/Cricket is strong in this one, and I, for one, am very happy.

~~ Spoilers Over ~~

Overall it looks great and I’m super excited!!!

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• June 11, 2019 at 10:51 am

~~ Spoilers Ahead ~~

I’m sort of meh on Bryony as of now, but I do hope that Grayling x Bryony isn’t happening, as tbh even though we were just shown it, I feel like they were just thrown together for the sake of throwing them together for forbidden romance. Honestly I hope Bryony is lesbian or acearo 😛

Oof, I also agree on Sundew’s view on Blue, and honestly so far I’m not sure whether I like her POV or not 😛 Although I’m also hoping Sundew x Willow has more canonical hints, and I’m also enjoying the Sunket moments in it too 😛

~~ Spoilers End ~~

Oof

• June 12, 2019 at 10:17 pm

~~ Spoilers Ahead ~~

I am HERE for lesbian or aroace Bryony!! that sounds awesome!! and agreed I am so tired of forced het forbidden romances.

Idk, it’s okay. I like Sundew and she’s a very interesting and mysterious character, so I feel like her POV will give us some nice secrets. Yeah her view on Blue makes me uncomfortable.

Same!! I really want a Sunket Coparenting AU where the other dragons aren’t in the picture and they somehow have to raise Bumblebee together.

~~ Spoilers Over ~~

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Creekdapple
      June 17, 2019 at 6:30 pm

I think Sundew’s power might be accelerating plant growth, because in the prologue it says that if she was there, they could have ivy growing up the walls to burn, and in The Lost Continent I think (it’s been a little while since I read it) she used vines from outside to break a hole in the wall of the flamesilk cavern.

Also, I’m pretty sure Bryony is going to get together with Grayling at some point; evidence for the ship is pretty strong in the prologue.

10. Dapplepaw
    June 16, 2019 at 10:01 pm

I’m a RainWing at heart, so here’s everything I want to say in one comment:

The Dragonets: THE PROPHECYIS TRUE
    Morrowseer: What are you?
    The Dragonets: An idiot sandwich…

“Helpful suggestibles” – a SkyWing dragonet

When in doubt…
    NAME YOUR KID A COLOR – SkyWings and SeaWings

Purple-dark, gray-blue-sky. TUI THOSE ARENT COLORS.

WOF fans: Do you like Bumblebee?
    Transformers fans: Yeah! He’s my favorite character!
    WOF fans: I no longer wish to be in association with you.

Bumblebee: Ya LiKe JaZz?