3.1K Comments
Whiterabbit(Whitepaw)
November 11, 2020 11:00 pm

Okay so correct me if I’m wrong.

The IceWing naming scheme is pretty much anything cold and snowy and arctic and winter-like (well not winter-like cause you’d have a lot of dragons named grumpy😛) and some of them could actually be warrior names! (Snowfall, Snowflake…) and then some of the names are gems and stuff cause every tribe seems to have somebody names after gems (well not every tribe) but the IceWings have Queen Diamond (what kind of an IceWing name is that?!) so yeah. Arctic animals like Narwhal, arctic places like Glacier and Tundra, arctic weather like Snowfall, Hailstorm(another possible warrior name), and Whiteout which is actually a very appropriate IceWing-NightWing combo cause of the two words stuck together and sever blizzard whoa. And gems or gem? (Diamond) and I’m not sure if there’s anything else.

The MudWing naming scheme is um, marshy things? Well Marsh is a dragon. Boggy things? Well, Bog is a dragon. Lets just say muddy things (wow, MudWings have muddy names?!) Anyway, Clay’s name is literally a type of mud. His mom, Cattail and oldest brother Reed are both plants that live in muddy habitats. His brother and that non-MudWing MudWing who’s name is Bog jeez I almost typed “Blog” are both muddy habitats. And then Moorhen, Sora, Crane, and probably others have names that are birdies. I wonder if Moorhen is a valid warrior name😮. Anyway, then Umber is *googles “Umber”* a pigment is*googles “Pigment”* basically a color. So Umber’s just a color. And I have absolutely no idea what Ochre is, sounds like Okra though.

The RainWing naming scheme is literally they have a mile long list of names that they rotate through and some get names like Exquisite or Dazzling and some get names like Fruit Bat or Coconut. So everything found in the rainforest (animals, plants etc.) could be a name and all those pretty names could, too. So it really depends.

The SandWing naming scheme is anything having to do with the desert. So cactuses and birdies (once again) and snakes and weather and desert characteristics and stuff like that. For names such as Prickle and Vulture and Rattlesnake and Cobra and Viper* and Sunny and Qibli(which is a hot humid south or southeast wind of southern Italy, Sicily, and the Mediterranean islands, originating in the Sahara Desert as a dry dusty wind but becoming moist as it passes over the Mediterranean) Dune and Palm and Oasis which reminds me. WHO IN THE WORLD THOUGHT UP THE NAMES FOR THE SANDWING PRINCESSES?! Oh, and Smolder. But seriously, naming your dragonet I almost said kit Blister? and Burn? Blaze, I somewhat understand. And Smolder is normal as far as SandWing goes. Oh, and can somebody tell me what Sirocco is?

The SeaWing naming scheme is anything under the ocean. Whether it be an animal (Turtle, Tortoise, Shark, Orca, Octopus) or something else under the ocean (Pearl, Coral, Anemone) or I guess it could also be natural phenomena (Tsunami, Whirlpool) or shades of blue or green (Cerulean, Indigo) or SeaWing body parts (Webs, Gill) so apparently they like to brag about the fact that they have more body parts than other dragons. Oh, and you can never forget more birdies (Albatross, Auklet). And one more name, Fathom. My dad told me that Fathom is a unit for measuring water, so apparently dragons know how to measure water.

The SkyWing naming system is strange. So they have big birdies like the one that starts with an o who was Peril’s friend who Scarlet kills (I think he was a bird) and of course Kestrel. And then there’s gems and rocks (Ruby, Tourmaline, “Pyrite”) and Chameleon’s take on a SkyWing name: Soar, not to be confused with sore. And then there’s shades of red, Scarlet, the shade of blood, and Vermilion which is another pigment. And that brings me to Peril, that dragon who was basically Queen Scarlet’s not-so-secret weapon.

The NightWing naming system is definitely the weirdest of them all. They are the most like warrior names, as in most of them are two names stuck together. The only one-word ones I can think of off the top of my head are Listener, Thoughtful, Vigilance, and Greatness. All NightWings think their better than the other tribes so they mostly have names to show that. Now taking these names seriously: Foeslayer, who will kill all dragons who are enemies. Darkstalker: Who either stalks through the darkness or stalks after the darkness. Clearsight: Sees the future. Star Flight: Flies through the stars. Fatespeaker: speaks your fate. Mindreader: reads your mind. Battlewinner: wins battles. Moonwatcher(another warrior name): watches the moon. Secretkeeper: Keeps secrets. Morrowseer: Seer of ‘morrow.

Its too bad Tui didn’t make BlogWings. This comment would be a nice addition to the articles.

*Oh my gosh I just realized something about Viper’s name and wof. You know in The Brightest Night? There’s a (dragonbite) viper (or two) in the box (Blister gives to Burn) worst restaurant chain ever (because the food eats you unless you’re lucky enough to hatch from a blood red egg and your girlfriend has scales that can burn venom.)

Heliodor [xe/he/ve/they]
Heliodor [xe/he/ve/they]
November 12, 2020 3:11 am

I’d like to add to this a bit, if you don’t mind! :>
-IceWings are also named after arctic animals, and sometimes blue/white gems.-MudWings seem to usually be named after animals in swamp-like areas, or minerals found in such areas. Or shades of brown. (Ochre’s a shade of brown, btw!)-SandWings – well, yes they usually are named after things in the desert, but they also are named fire and heat-related names too, like Kindle and Char. so Blister, Blaze, and Burn’s names make sense.-SkyWings are pretty much named after any kind of bird, gemstone, or shade of red/pink, I think. Peril seems to be a unique case. There’s also Sunset so I believe the sky could also be some inspiration-NightWing names seem like what the parents hope their dragonet(s) will be ngl. It’s either something relating to darkness/night, or positive traitsbr />though i wouldn’t mind seeing a dragon (oc or not) named Bob, lol-

(rip the coding here-)

Whiterabbit(Whitepaw)
November 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Blister Blaze and Burn make sense but who names their child after a painful lump you get on your foot?!

L𧠆 §ñðw † hå † Mêl † § Ìñ ßlåzïñg £ ïrê (L𧠆 kï †)
L𧠆 §ñðw † hå † Mêl † § Ìñ ßlåzïñg £ ïrê (L𧠆 kï †)
November 12, 2020 7:53 pm

A fire blisters, blazes, and burns. It’s not that blister 😛

Whiterabbit(Whitepaw)
November 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Yeah, but that’s the first thing I think of and I would put Blister and a blister in the same category of annoyingness.

Whiterabbit(Whitepaw)
November 12, 2020 6:32 pm

And of course I don’t mind.

Cinders Drifting by Moonlit Pool - Cindie (Cinderpaw/pool)
Cinders Drifting by Moonlit Pool - Cindie (Cinderpaw/pool)
November 12, 2020 6:44 pm

HAHAHA Viper’s name joke XD 😛

Cinders Drifting by Moonlit Pool - Cindie (Cinderpaw/pool)
Cinders Drifting by Moonlit Pool - Cindie (Cinderpaw/pool)
November 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Wow speedy mod! Show your face! 😛 XD

Whiterabbit(Whitepaw)
November 12, 2020 11:32 pm

Whiterabbit(Whitepaw)
November 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Random challenge. Can you think of a wof dragon for every letter of the alphabet? Like
Anemone,
Blister,
Coral,
Darkstalker…

L𧠆 §ñðw † hå † Mêl † § Ìñ ßlåzïñg £ ïrê (L𧠆 kï †)
L𧠆 §ñðw † hå † Mêl † § Ìñ ßlåzïñg £ ïrê (L𧠆 kï †)
November 12, 2020 7:13 pm

nope, too hard 😛

Flamecloud the Earth Seal
Flamecloud the Earth Seal
November 12, 2020 7:55 pm

anemone, blister, coral ,darkstalker, eclipse, fatespeaker, glory, hemlock, ivy, jambu, kikajou, luna, masertmind, narwhal, Oasis, peril, Qibli, rattlesnake, sunny, tsunami, umber, vulture, winter, xylophone, yellowjacket, zebra.

All of those dragons exist. 100% . Xylophone is a traditional sandwing name.

I also made up zebra, I’m fairly certain that there was a narwhal and a yellowjacket but I’m not sure about those either 😛

Amberpaw/blaze
Amberpaw/blaze
November 18, 2020 2:45 pm

There is a narwhal, winters dad I think, and not sure about yellow jacket, it soundslike a hive wing name though.

Heliodor [xe/he/ve/they]
Heliodor [xe/he/ve/they]
November 25, 2020 4:35 am

Yellowjacket is a character yes 😛 I don’t blame anyone for not being sure since I don’t think she’s even mentioned at all in the books

November 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Tamarin
Urchin
Vinegaroon
Whiteout, dear sweet Whiteout
Xenica
Yellowjacket
There are no characters whose names began with Z.

Rabbit-Shaped Flame Winking in Hearth (Rabbitflame

Umber
Vermilion
Winter
Xenica
Yellowjacket
N/A

Frost is dancing with the blue and red lights and is getting ready for 2021 (Frostcrystal, I'm Frost)
November 15, 2020 10:48 pm

Clearpool
Cliff
Cobra Lily
Darkstalker
Diamond
Dune

I got lazy to finish it 😛

Darkshade
Darkshade
November 30, 2020 10:26 pm

Anemone, Blaze, Clay, Deathbringer, none for E, Fatespeaker, Glory, none for H, none for I, Jeraboa, Kestrel, Luna, Moon, none for N, Orca, Peril, Quibli, none for R, Sunny, Tsunami, Umber, none for V, Winter, none for X, none for Y, none for Z

November 15, 2020 10:50 pm

I wished there was a thing like Starclan in WoF.. like the name could be Starwings….. I miss Kestrel, Dune, and Carnelian :c

Amberpaw/blaze
Amberpaw/blaze
November 18, 2020 2:47 pm

How could you like Kestrel!? What a meanie!

November 23, 2020 3:05 am
Reply to  Amberpaw/blaze

Still, I liked her :<

moonfrost
moonfrost
November 18, 2020 5:00 pm

that would be pretty cool i want clearsight to return

November 19, 2020 4:33 am

YESS GOODNESS, I WANT THAT. I miss Clearsight, and Foeslayer so much 🙁

Whiterabbit the kittykitty
November 24, 2020 2:47 pm

I thought Foeslayer was still alive as Hope.

November 25, 2020 3:21 am

criketpool
burnclaw

Elders
darkstalker

November 20, 2020 2:31 am
Reply to  moonfrost

Darkstalker an elder? I understand why you’d choose him of course, because of the thousand year old situation, and that’s not a problem, but still you have to admit Darkstalkie has the wisdom of a stuck up mantatee 😛 Goodness, I can just imagine him…
Warrior: I need a problem fixed-my clanmate. Sunnyfur can’t help so I thought I’d visit our only elder.
Darkstalker: Have you tried the D.B.M method? 😏
Warrior: wat?
Darkstalker: You know, death by magic? Back in my day it was THE method for removing your problems. I highly recommend it 🙂 Oh, and don’t worry about the process-I’ll take care of it…if you want 🙂 Btw I promise I totally wouldn’t mess anything up 😏
Warrior: Uhhh….ummmm…….excuse me while a yeet skedaddle scram outta of here 😱
______________________________

moonfrost
moonfrost
November 20, 2020 4:09 pm

awsome [laughs out loud]

moonfrost
moonfrost
November 20, 2020 4:19 pm
Reply to  moonfrost

one more thing to add to this
Queens
Coralflower
mother to Aukletkit

Whiterabbit the kittykitty
November 24, 2020 4:09 pm

Who is the last animus IceWing queen’s son’s wife’s son’s sister’s husband’s great great great I’ve lost track of how many greats granddaughter’s father’s wife’s maybe other husband’s mother’s daughter’s dragon they murdered(‘s) daughter’s crush’s maybe other crush’s other crush’s father’s dragon who hatched out of egg he stole’s mother’s daughter’s crush’s best friend?

yah, it was so hard to come up with a dragon from every tribe in this thing.

November 29, 2020 11:11 pm

I dunno….

raven will eat your bread (raventhornpaw)
raven will eat your bread (raventhornpaw)
November 30, 2020 12:09 am

ehh Queen Diamond? > Prince Arctic > Foeslayer > Darkstalker > Whiteout > Thoughtful??? > uhhh Sunny??? > Stonemover > Thorn > Smolder??? > Oasis > Blaze, Burn, or Blister > everyone that Burn killed in the war or Kestrel > Peril > Clay > Tsunami??? > Riptide > Webs > Tsunami or Glory > Coral or some RainWing > Anemone or Auklet > Tamarin > hmmMMm Kinkajou???

Whiterabbit the kittykitty
December 4, 2020 3:30 am

great job!

Heliodor [xe/he/ve/they]
Heliodor [xe/he/ve/they]
November 24, 2020 11:47 pm

SPOILERS FOR THE DANGEROUS GIFT, AKA BOOK 14

GUYSSSS THE EXCERPT FOR TDG HAS BEEN RELEASED BY SCHOLASTIC IN CASE YOU DIDN’T KNOW

I DID NOT EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN TODAY BUT I AM MUCH EXCITE

November 25, 2020 8:40 pm

EEEEE YES!!!

Briarkit's getting a puppy!
Briarkit's getting a puppy!
November 25, 2020 9:12 pm

I love SeaWings so much. They are my fav tribe. And Princess Tsunami of the SeaWings is my fav charecter. I made up a SeaWing charecter, she’s a princess, and her name is Princess Emerald of the SeaWings.

November 27, 2020 1:49 am

I’m Peril, like in my dreams 😛

Flowerpaw (Flower)(Flowermoon)
Flowerpaw (Flower)(Flowermoon)
November 28, 2020 5:52 am

same 😛
Peril is me if all people misjudged me 😛
MY LIKE FAVORITE LINE EVER IS WHEN they find out Turtle is animus and everyone is like IdIoT YoU CoUlD HavE TolD YoUr MoThEr/QuEeN anD CoUlD hAvE WoN ThE WaR
and then Peril is like wait so it’s okay for HIS queen to use him a weapon but it’s the most UNFORGIVABLE CRIME IN THE WORLD more my queen to use me as one
and nobody speaks for the longest time
and I was like YASSSSSSSSS, IN UR FACESSSSSSSSS, SHE TOLD YOUUUuUUUUuuuuUUUuuuUU
and it was the happiest day of my life UwU
I didn’t get past that part that day, I just reread it and reread it and started doing dorky happy dances around my room laughing hysterically
this why I warn people not to mention Peril around me XD

November 28, 2020 9:07 am

WE STAND PERIL!

Flowerpaw (Flower)(Flowermoon)
Flowerpaw (Flower)(Flowermoon)
November 27, 2020 3:25 am

Someone tell me if this is relateable
I read Warriors more
but for WOF I have more ocs more drawings more fanfics and roleplays and just more… stuff
I feel like its easier to make an oc for WOF because its an open world, you can make your oc be whatever you want where ever you want on the continent
but then with Warriors it’s just harder for me as a person to make an oc XD

Sunfur is back and inactive
Sunfur is back and inactive
November 29, 2020 9:44 pm

For christmas i am getting wings of fire i have never read it but i decided to try it out 🙂

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
November 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Wings of Fire is so good!!

December 1, 2020 12:42 am

Your going to love it, trust me 🙂 😉

November 30, 2020 12:21 am

Who’re your favorite dragons?

1: winter
2: glory
3: peril

December 1, 2020 12:43 am

Peril. We’re both flaming souls caught in the fire of the world we’re living in, if that makes any sense to anyone 😛

Whiterabbit the kittykitty
December 4, 2020 2:26 pm

Glory and Peril I guess.

December 3, 2020 12:53 am

Ellooooo this is just a rant about dragonslayer!

DRAGONSLAYER RANT
Ok, I just want to say, I love Wren. I think she’s kinda like Squirrelflight but more sassier! I totally ship Undauntable x Wren! And Ivy x Leaf! And….. uh…. idk. I don’t like Heath. I love Rose! Andddddddd… MURDERBASKET (aka Deathbringer) IS SO CUTEEE! Sky is sooo cute! I want him to meet Peril! I hope this spoiler box works! Byeeee

Heliodor [xe/he/ve/they]
Heliodor [xe/he/ve/they]
December 3, 2020 8:30 pm

also relating to dragonslayer lol
I also like Wren, though tbh Ivy is my favourite character. though i will be honest, i uh…very much dislike Ivy x Leaf with a passion. though i’m glad you managed to find something you liked in it that i couldn’t! i personally ship Wren x Ivy and Daffodil x Violet really hard-

December 3, 2020 11:16 pm

I love spoiler boxes
Ooh, yeah Daffodil x Violet is a good ship!

Darkshade
Darkshade
December 3, 2020 6:06 am

Give WOF characters Warriors names

Clay- Clayheart
Tsunami- Tsunamiclaw
Glory- Glorystar
Starflight- his name already works
Sunny- Sunnytail

December 4, 2020 2:27 pm
Reply to  Darkshade

Sunny is Sunnyheart!

Darkshade
Darkshade
December 4, 2020 6:59 pm

Yeah. Don’t know why I didn’t think about that one. If I could change it I would.

December 3, 2020 11:16 pm

I LOVE WINTER AND NO ONE CAN EVER STOP ME!

Whiterabbit the kittykitty
December 4, 2020 2:27 pm

I wasn’t planning on it.

December 4, 2020 11:22 pm

I-

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit