4,612 Replies to “Harry Potter Discussion Page”

1. Butterflyflower
    March 17, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Shadows
    Chapter five

Draco sat at the edge of the water, throwing small rocks into the lake.

He heard footsteps coming up behind him and started tearing out clumps of grass. Who’s there?

The person sat down next to him, and he realized it was Astoria. He sighed in relief.

For a while no one spoke.

“So… about what happened the other day….” Astoria said.

Draco winced.

“Look… you don’t need to live in the past…. Yes, keep certain things in your head, and don’t repeat the past, but don’t dwell on the horrible things that happened or that you did. I can see in you that you regret what you’ve done and that you want to and are trying to be better. That’s good.”

Draco gazed at her, more comfortable but still slightly unsure.

“Remember when I told you I like butterflies?”

Draco nodded.

“They start out as caterpillars, then comes a time in their lives when they become chrysalises, and they’re just stuck for a while, but then comes the day they come out of the chrysalis as a beautiful butterfly. Draco, you went through horrible things, but you made it out alive, and now I can tell that you’ve grown up a lot since you were a kid at Hogwarts. You’re a much better person now, and you’ve come a long way.”

Astoria reached her hand out to set it on his lap. He flinched, and she paused for a second before placing her hand on his lap. He started to relax.

Tears filled his eyes, and he leaned over and rested his head on her shoulder.

“It’s okay,” she whispered, wrapping her arms around him.

• Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
      March 19, 2020 at 10:07 pm

💜💜💜💜💜

2. March 19, 2020 at 9:58 pm

So I just found out about a Fantastic Beasts 3 goodbye

We’re the rats

3. March 19, 2020 at 10:15 pm

What are y’all’s favorite ships? Mine are
    Drarry
    Romione
    Wolfstar
    Linny
    Scorbus

We’re the rats

• Butterflyflower
      March 20, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Drastoria
      Lucissa
      Remadora
      Jily
      Bleur
      Romione
      Hinny (but Huna is cute too, but I prefer them as friends)
      RolfxLuna
      Tedromeda
      NevillexHannah
      ArthurxMolly

And the Fantastic Beast ships like Newtina, JocobxQueenie, TheseusxLeta, and maybe CredencexNagini, but I also like them as friends

• Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
      March 26, 2020 at 9:00 pm

Let’s see…
      GinnyXHarry
      HermioneXRon
      LupinXTonks
      LunaXNevile
      Those are literally the only Harry Potter characters I ship.
      Wait!
      Mr. WeasleyXMrs. Weasley
      And…
      I forgot what else I ship XD

4. The Ravenclaw Temporarily Called Stormsong
    March 22, 2020 at 2:10 am

Heya! Since I’m * O B S E S S E D * with Hogwarts Houses, I wanna try sorting some characters! Tell me if you guys agree or disagree, and why. For now, I’m only gonna try to sort the protagonists (excluding cats like Flametail and Stormfur) from series The Prophecies Begin to A Vision of Shadows (cuz I haven’t finished Dawn of the Clans and I haven’t read The Broken Code).

WARNING: This contains some major spoilers for the books mentioned, of course.

If you guys need a refresher on the Houses:
    Ravenclaw values (or these traits often come from it): originality, creativity, intelligence, out-of-the-box thinking, eccentricity, imagination, wit, wisdom, desire for learning, acceptance
    Hufflepuff values (or these traits often come from it): loyalty, being hard-working, dedication, honesty, fariness, fair play, kindess, teamwork, friendship, being just, doing what is right without needing reward, acceptance
    Gryffindor values / traits that often come from it: courage, chivalry, loyalty, I guess heroism, arrogance, probably stand out from the crowd often, often louder
    Slytherin values / traits that often come from it: ambition, shrewdness, cunningness, resourcefulness, desire for self-preservation, desire for self-gain, “street-smarts”, mysteriousness, complex characters, do “whatever it takes” to achieve their goals

With that out of the way, and without further ado, let’s sort protags!

Firestar – Gryffindor with Hufflepuff rising
    EXPLANATION: I mean, he and Graystripe, similarly to the Golden Trio from Harry Potter, would constantly break the rules to do what they thought was right as apprentices. Firestar is a great leader, and Gryffindors, with their burning passion, would definitely make great leaders (i.e. Harry for Dumbledore’s Army). He is brave in battle, practically “fearless”. Though bravery isn’t the absence of fear, it’s fighting the fear, which I suppose Firestar does pretty well! He is loyal to ThunderClan. He has Hufflepuff rising due to his dedication and being hard-working when he came to ThunderClan as a kittypet, constantly being bullied, but he didn’t back down and didn’t let it get to him too much.

Brambleclaw – Slytherin (Bramblestar = Gryffindor)
    EXPLANATION: Similarly to Snape, Brambleclaw may have been sorted into Gryffindor later in his life, but the Sorting Hat sorts too early, and we all know this to be true. Brambleclaw was misguided by his father and by others who made him out to be just like his father just because he looked like him (even Firestar had troubles fighting the urge to judge Brambleclaw by the resemblance). Therefore, Brambleclaw was extra ambitious to show his Clan he was loyal. So he was chosen to go on the journey to find Midnight. However, his ambition got the better of him because he really wanted to be Clan leader. Hawkfrost misguided him to the point where he almost let Firestar die so he could become Clan leader. That’s definitely doing anything for self-gain. Brambleclaw was really admirable, however, when he chose his leader over his ambition and killing Hawkfrost instead, showing the light in Slytherin House.

Leafpool – Hufflepuff
    Leafpool is one of my favorite characters because she is so admirable. She trained Willowpaw in Willowpaw’s dreams (with… another cat… Cinderpelt or Yellowfang or someone? Sorry that I don’t really remember. But it was admirable!…) because Mothwing didn’t believe in StarClan, showing selfless behavior. Also, Leafpool went to ShadowClan when they needed a medicine cat for MOONS, feeling lonely and detached from her Clan! THEN SHE WENT TO SKYCLAN FOR MOONS! GEEZ! EVERYONE SHOULD WANT TO BE LIKE THIS SELFLESS CAT! HOW HARD-WORKING AND DEDICATED TO THE CLANS! And Leafpaw cared deeply for Squirrelpaw, as shown by their weird connected minds power thing, always wanting to know if Squirrelflight was okay, which shows loyalty to her sister. And Leafpool was willing to step down from her role as a medicine cat when her secret was out, due to being a humble, modest, mostly-honest cat. Sure, Leafpool’s only fault was keeping her secret for too long, which only made things worse, but with how hard she tried at everything else, can we really blame her? Leafpool was more worried that this would affect her kits, I think, than herself if the secret came out, showing how she’s still a Hufflepuff. Maybe her second House would be Ravenclaw because she is intelligent and seems to kind of have a desire to learn. Everyone should aspire to be just a little more like Leafpool.

Squirrelflight – Gryffindor
    She’s literally described as the fire to match Leafpool’s water in the Ultimate Guide (I know water is Slytherin and earth is Hufflepuff, but at least for Squirrelflight it makes sense). Squirrelflight is feisty and energetic and STUBBORN. And BRAVE. Enough said, I think.

Lionblaze – Gryffindor
    Basically the Thor (MCU) of Warriors. Lionblaze, the adorable guy!!! He has Hufflepuff as his second House, but without a doubt, he is a Gryffindor, and literally everybody would probably sort him into that instantaneously. Lionblaze is kind of ambitious because he almost fell for his father’s traps in the Dark Forest, but I think, ultimately, he’s no Slytherin. His heart sometimes gets the better of him, like a Pukwudgie, like in the tunnels with Heatherpaw. Also, I think a true Hufflepuff would feel a little more guilt after accidentally killing the ShadowClan deputy, but I forgive Lionblaze because he meant no harm.

Hollyleaf – Ravenclaw with Slytherin rising
    I was tempted to put her into Slytherin, but she killed Ashfur, in some iterations, accidentally, and also, she was lost and confused at that time. She was always “THE THINKER, THE POLITICIAN”, like The Ultimate Guide says. I know, I know, Slytherin House sounds like a politician, but Hollyleaf always had a thirst for knowledge, NOT for self-gain. She isn’t shrewd, and she’s resourceful for the sake of her Clan (not saying a Slytherin can’t be, but you know what I mean). I feel like most Ravenclaws have a strong sense of self, and Hollyleaf knew herself well enough to know she couldn’t be a medicine cat because it wasn’t her true path, and, later on in life, she found her way again and was a strong enough cat at that point to sacrifice herself for Ivypool. She was intelligent, through and through, always having a plan… even a last-minute “plan” to give self-sacrifice, ouch. (And that sounds like a Gryffindor thing, but not just Gryffindors are selfless; all Houses can be).

Oof, I somehow pressed a button on my laptop that is going to send this. I’ll just make another one for the remaining protags I’m going to get to in this one.

5. The Ravenclaw Temporarily Known As Stormsong
    March 22, 2020 at 2:30 am

OKAY, PART TWO (SEE PART ONE IF YOU BE CONFUSED XD)!

Jayfeather – Slytherin
    Jayfeather, Jayfeather, Jayfeather. I mean, Slytherins are basically designed for greatness, that’s kind of their thing. And Jayfeather has mentioned that, because of his powers, he thought he’d be greater than StarClan. Jayfeather was ambitious but he had limitations due to being blind; he wanted to be a warrior so badly, the poor cat. Jayfeather takes a while to warm up to you (something I find that most Slytherins share), but, once he has someone he cares about (i.e. Briarlight), he will always fight fiercely to defend that cat. I mean, he wanted to learn things for self-gain more than for the sake of learning, right? So, I don’t think he’s a Ravenclaw.

Dovewing – Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, HELP XD
    Sure, Dovewing can be annoying (even I, who likes Dovewing personally, can agree), but you can’t question her loyalty to her beliefs. OKAY, I WAS SO GONNA PUT HER INTO HUFFLEPUFF UNTIL I REREAD MY FIRST SENTENCE. RAVENCLAW HOUSE IS THE HOUSE OF HOLDING TRUE TO YOUR BELIEFS, SO NOW I’M SO CONFUSED! See, Dovewing is hard-working and humble about her powers (when she had them), and is a good mother and a loyal, strong lover, buuuut… she did leave ThunderClan to keep her family together (honorable, but that sounds like the intelligent Ravenclaw plan and not the loyal Hufflepuff plan). Dovewing has always been fairly aloof, I feel, which seems to coincide with Ravenclaws. And Dovewing is very intelligent. But I’ve always thought of her as a Hufflepuff… HELP XD

Ivypool – Slytherin
    Ivypool always wanted to be just as great as her sister, to prove to her Clan she could be. Only a cat that ambitious would willingly, hard-workingly train with strange cats in her dreams, losing sleep, every single night. And it took a lot of guts to become a spy, but think Snape. She’s that type. Thoroughly witty, cunning, and resourceful, she’ll do anything for her Clan. But self-gain is her second priority, wanting to prove she’s as good as her sister to herself as much as to her Clan.

Alderheart – Hufflepuff
    Sympathetic, socially awkward, shy, kind, anxious. Awwwe. Does what is right because it is right. Annoying when worrying himself sick about prophecies. Basically a soft but still strong potato. Hufflepuff.

Twigbranch – Hufflepuff
    Loyal to ThunderClan and SkyClan and doesn’t know where her place is. Hers is different than Dovewing’s case because she feels immensely guilty about choosing one side or the other. Twigbranch is almost as admirable as Leafpool, because both are hard-working and spent a long time doing things they didn’t want to, because they thought it was the right thing to do (Leafpool with going to other Clans for moons on end to help them, Twigbranch with being an apprentice THREE TIMES TOO LONG). Twigbranch is patient (like Leafpool, but I’ll stop comparing them now) and optimistic – Hufflepuffs don’t have to be, but I feel like a lot of them are optimists. Twigbranch just wants a happy life and isn’t particularly ambitious or smart or brave. Twigbranch executes kindness and strength of spirit. Twigbranch always wanted a family because she loves, well, love. She is super loyal. I’d want her in my Clan, as she’d make my day brighter!

Violetshine – Ravenclaw? HELP XD
    I’m not sure on Violetshine. She’s kind of all over the place, but I still love her. I don’t think she’s particularly ambitious. Sure, she’s loyal, but I’ve always – maybe it’s just a headcanon – thought she was intelligent and curious and wanted to learn more, within reason. She’s not the most Ravenclaw-y of Ravenclaws, since she wouldn’t do certain things due to her insecurities overwhelming her desire to learn. Maybe? Please help me to determine Violetshine’s House. I might be completely wrong.

I think that’s it for now. Reply to me with thoughts and if you liked it. I might do more. It’s fun for me. 🙂

• The Ravenclaw Who MIGHT Keep the Name as Stormsong
      March 22, 2020 at 12:42 pm

Okay, guys, so I messed up big-time. In two large cases.

I said for Lionblaze “his father’s” and I meant Tigerstar 1’s. My brain was still wrapped up in Brambleclaw, I guess. Also, I know that Pukwudgie is the healer one (Wampus is the warrior one), but I didn’t say he WAS a Pukudgie, I said he was LIKE one. Plus, if he was one, that’d be sweet and pretty funny. 😛

Also, I forgot that Hollyleaf was ambitious to become Clan leader herself. I’d still make the argument for Ravenclaw for her, though. Though she might be a hatstall. I think it’d be a case where it was her choice at the end of the day. Maybe she is a Slytherin and I’m forgetting lines in the books that show evidence towards that, Idk. You guys could help me decide that, if you wanted. Maybe I just wanted her to be Ravenclaw because there is naturally the possibility of there being so few in the books, depending.

Here are some more words to describe the Houses (by traits or by ideals). Read the big list first, because these aren’t exclusively important, just ones I forgot to mention/add.
      Ravenclaw: cleverness
      Hufflepuff: patience
      Slytherin: calculating, dedication to a cause per say
      Gryffindor (I’m so sorry, Gryffindors, my brain was massively dead when I wrote yours): daring, nerve, boldness!!!

Oof, I’m glad I fixed some of it. lol

So, yeah, let’s figure out these cats’ Houses once and for all. 🙂

• March 23, 2020 at 1:54 am

Yeah… I think I had pretty much all the same ideas for which houses the cats would be in.

I had it like this:
        Firestar – Gryffindor
        Squirrelflight – Gryffindor
        Hollyleaf – Ravenclaw
        Jayfeather – Slytherin
        Lionblaze – Gryffindor
        Dovewing – Hufflepuff
        Ivypool – Slytherin
        Alderheart – Hufflepuff
        Twigbranch – Hufflepuff
        Violetshine – Ravenclaw

Those are all the ones from your list that I had, but I think I agree with what you had for the other ones.

I also had some other characters.

Graystripe – Gryffindor
        Longtail – Slytherin
        Tigerheart – Slytherin
        Needletail – Slytherin
        Tree – Ravenclaw

I can’t remember any others right now.

• Stormsong the Ravenclaw (so I might keep the name Stormsong, maybe...?)
          March 23, 2020 at 5:50 pm

Awesome! Yaaaay!
          Wowy! Our sorting was practically identical!
          Hmmm, I kinda wanna put Graystripe in Hufflepuff, though I suppose since he and Firestar got into a lot of trouble then Graystripe might be a Gryffindor. And the others I totally agree with!
          😀 😛

• Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
        March 26, 2020 at 9:02 pm

This is cool💕

6. March 24, 2020 at 7:18 pm

When you want to give Draco a good redemption, but it just gets weird… 😛

Shadows
    Chapter five

Draco was pacing back-and-forth in his room. Astoria had gone back to Hogwarts for the rest of her seventh year.

Draco sighed and sat on his bed. It’s okay… he told himself. It’s only for the rest of the year, then she’ll be graduated.

But until then, he didn’t know what to do. The pang of loneliness was taking hold of him again.

He realized there was at least one thing he could do – that he needed to do.

He knocked on the door with his shaking hand. While he awaited an answer, he started messing with his tie.

When the door opened, Draco found himself standing face-to-face with Harry Potter.

Draco internally panicked and, for a second, forgot what he was doing.

“Hello Draco. I wasn’t expecting to see you here.” he said, kind of shocked, but Draco also realized that there was a hint of a smile on his face.

Finally, Draco said something. “Um… hi….”

“No need to be standing out here like that. How about you come inside?”

Hesitantly, Draco stepped in.

“So… what is it?” Harry asked.

“I…” Draco said, taking deep breaths.

“Have a seat,” Harry said, pulling out a chair.

Draco sat down. “I just… wanted… to… apolo-gize… for-what-I’ve-done.”

Harry sat down across from him. “So you came all the way here just to apologize?”

“Yes,” Draco’s voice squeaked a little. “I’m sorry. I was a horrible person back then – not only a bully, but I was also wrong to believe what I did about blood purity. I want to be a better person. I was a Death Eater, and I don’t feel like I did as much as I should’ve to help other people during the time of the war….”

“Well… you’ve done bad things, and there’s no excuse for any of them! But you feel bad for it now, and you’ve apologized. You want to be better, so just focus on that, and don’t stay in the past. You can’t change what’s already been done, but you can be different from now on. I forgive you.” He smiled and held out his hand.

Wait… what? Draco shook his hand.

• Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢