Russetfeather adds to their famous article Unpopular opinions in today’s article
So this is part two of my series called Unpopular Opinions. My last article seemed to be a success. I think…anyway part two. Let’s go!
1. Feathertail – Oh boy! I am going to stir up trouble with this one. I don’t like Feathertail *gasps of horror* *cats faint* I’m sorry. I know she saved the Tribe and the other travelers but she’s just so…perfect. I feel the same way about her as I do with Spottedleaf. She’s fine when she’s alive but when she dies she becomes this perfect angel that saves everyone. I don’t know why that bugs me but it really does.
2. Hollyleaf – I’m going to the destroyed in the comments. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate Hollyleaf. What makes me dislike Hollyleaf is her constant concern for the code. And you know that’s completely fine for the first couple books but then it just becomes repetitive. Lionblaze and Jayfeather would try and do something and Hollyleaf would be all, “But the code!!! We have to follow the code!! What about the code?” I agree that following the code is important but it’s ok to break it if it’s for the right reasons. That’s all her brothers were trying to do when they wanted to do something that required them to break the code. I know that’s just her character but it annoyed me.
3. Slate – this is mostly just about her and Gray Wing’s relationship but also a little bit about her. First off, their relationship seemed way too rushed. She talks to Gray Wing about her brother when he first shows up at Wind Runner’s camp, takes him to her “secret hideaway”, saves him from a fox and then BOOM! Guess what? I’m expecting your kits. Ok…? I mean when did this happen? They talked like four times!? And after Gray Wing dies she just seems to implode upon herself. She has to rest half the day. I know it’s hard to lose loved ones and she has a right to grieve but I feel like that’s all we saw of her after PoS was, “Woe is me…I’m gonna take a nap now.” I guess I just wish that we had gotten more development for her and her relationship.
4. JayxIce – Um…uh…I don’t really know how to explain this. I guess it boils down to I think that Jayfeather and Icecloud would be good together and I hardcore shipped them until she died. 😢
5. LeafxCrow – I hate this pairing. I never felt like they were right for each other. Again, it just kinda came out of nowhere and then they ran off with each other. It just seemed like StarClan decided there wasn’t enough trouble going on in the Clans so they decided…”Hey! Let’s make another forbidden romance! Sounds like fun!” Plus I never like Crowfeather before hand so I’m probably being really biased.
Well that was fun! Tell me how I did!
All debates, agreements, disagreements, and arguments welcome!