Notify of
October 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Crown Tundra Spoilers (regarding legendary birds. Don’t read if you haven’t encountered them all)
Well, now we know the twist. Chasing the in the overworld. I mean, that does make sense, and is probably what I expected. Buuttttttttt HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET GALARIAN MOLTRES!!!!????? It flies away from you, and it’s completely out of your reach. Moltres (both Galar and normal, though Galar Articuno gets some bonus points for being both purple and psychic type) is my favorite of the trio and I want to find it but it’s so dorn frustrating! Chasing down Zapdos could have been frustrating, but I’ve played 2.5 of the three ranger games (I never beat the original one, but I’ve played at least half) so I’m pretty much a master at chasing down Pokémon who try to run away. Articuno genuinely surprised me when I was encountering it. I was doing another mission in the Tundra, and POOF there’s three Articuno out of nowhere! I run into one, and they all poof away. So that must be the trick for Articuno, and I must have failed. Or so I thought. Imagine my surprise when an Articuno comes out of a random puff of smoke! Also their catch rates are super low. I mean they are legendary, but it caught me off guard (heh)

October 23, 2020 10:46 pm
Reply to  Bloomdoom

rip i’ll read when i’ve done the birds haha 😛

October 23, 2020 10:54 pm

Yeah finish the birds first

October 24, 2020 2:09 am
Reply to  Bloomdoom

Yeah, I haven’t been able to catch any of them yet. If you have any tips, please provide them.

October 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Tips
Well, Moon provided a ton of tips for Zapdos. For Moltres, just camp in the same spot until Moltres flies back around and whistle until it notices you, then save right before it attacks. For Articuno, I have no idea I ran into it completely on accident

October 24, 2020 5:21 am
Reply to  Bloomdoom

spoilers for catching zapdos, i guess
okay so i read it even tho i haven’t caught them all, bc i just chased zapdos around for twenty minutes and then repeatedly failed catching it, and WOW I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE OTHER TWO i just wanna do my galarian star tournament, why are you so cruel to us gamefreakkkk :(((

MASSIVE TIPS FOR ZAPDOS (not the chasing part tho, i sucked at that):

• get the bulkiest physically defensive team possible
  • don’t bother false swiping, it takes ages and that thing can decimate your team in seconds. stick with neutral and not very effective moves to whittle it down
  • imo, sleep is not worth it. i missed hypnosis twice and lost one of my six pokemon when trying, and it’s not a good trade off. you need all the pokemon you can get it.
  • and lastly, most importantly, that essentially invalidates every other tip bc this alone got me zapdos on my third try – get an aegislash (or other ghost type, but shield form aegislash is incredibly defensive too, so it works perfectly). i have a level 82 aegislash that i’ve just used for grinding and things of the sort in the past, and i pulled him back out. zapdos’ moveset is drill peck, reversal, thunderous kick, and focus energy. reversal decimates entire teams, unless… unless you’re a ghost type. that meant the only move it could hit me with was drill peck, and even that did under 10% of my aegislash’s HP. most of the time, it just spammed focus energy and tried to hit me with its fighting moves, tho 😛 it worked GREAT. my aegislash was a lifesaver. i have never been more grateful. everybody, just get one.

October 24, 2020 6:09 pm

I caught it with false swipe pangoro

October 24, 2020 6:28 pm

More legendary bird spoilers
I’ve played the ranger games so I’d say I’m great at timing my speed boosts. I barely spent any time chasing it down. And, probably just because I’m lucky, I caught it before it killed all my pokemon. I also caught the other two without my entire team dying, though I did get to my last Pokémon on Articuno. I caught Moltres way earlier then I should have, however Jackie kept smacking it a little to hard and I kept killing it and having to reset 😛

October 26, 2020 3:41 pm

lol

October 24, 2020 10:30 am
Reply to  Bloomdoom

don’t play the games 😛 but have fun!

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

Ƭigerstar2008
Ƭigerstar2008
October 25, 2020 5:33 am
Reply to  Bloomdoom

Yeah, I have the Crown pass, and de birds are awesome!

I am the Mockingjay

October 24, 2020 10:31 am

which is your favorite new pokemon? mine is the black thing (i don’t want to spoil anything :P), its soooo cool!

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 24, 2020 6:10 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

The purple one, and the ghost one

October 24, 2020 6:27 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

…the white thing 😛

October 24, 2020 6:31 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

I too like black thing, as it is not only black, but also purple.

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 24, 2020 6:50 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

So, whiles yalls be playin the dlc for sword and shield, which I ain’t gettin soon cuz I’m all g with my competitive teams as they are, I’ll just be 100% Mario galaxy on the switch for the awesome nostalgia.

🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
October 26, 2020 11:27 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

yessssssssss i like the ghost thing too 😛

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

October 24, 2020 6:42 pm

More Crown Tundra business (regarding legendaries and shinies)
sooooo everyone else probably already knows this butttttttt….LEGENDARIES HAVE 1/300 SHINY ODDS!!!! If you have shiny charm (which I do) its 1/100!!!!! THAT. IS. AMAZING!!!!!! I’m so glad I waited until Crown Tundra to start trying to shiny hunt Latias (I was thinking of hunting it in Ultra Moon) I have no tolerance for soft resetting, but now I can finally try to get the Latias of my dreams. I can’t BELIEVE IT!!!!! It’s just…oh my gosh I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!! And there’s also being able to just shiny hunt regularly in dynamax adventures. If you have shiny charm there’s a 1/25 chance that you’ll find a shiny. Just…we went so long with only Masuda Method and now there’s this just OH I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 24, 2020 7:13 pm
Reply to  Bloomdoom

Eh, I still use masuda method
I’d rather do that so I can IV and EV breed while shiny hunting

October 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Eh, true. But I have no patience and hate waiting that long. If I really wanted a competitive shiny I would just save the time and use bottle caps. There still are Pokémon that would need to be Masuda methoded too if you wanted to get them

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 25, 2020 4:07 pm
Reply to  Bloomdoom

Ye, but I like to get everything perfect as it can be before I head into online. I only use bottle caps on pokemon that are meeting criteria; 1: level 100; 2: Amazing Iv and EV stats; 3: Great ability; 4(occasionally): hidden ability

October 25, 2020 8:05 pm

I don’t really do competitive, so I probably have different priorities when getting Pokémon. But also, the main reason I’m so excited is that we can carry over great odds to legendaries and I won’t need to soft reset (because I have no patience). If I wanted competitive Pokémon I wouldn’t care about their shininess, just their IVs, EVs and ability (along with all the other factors like egg moves)

October 24, 2020 7:52 pm
Reply to  Bloomdoom

i don’t have shiny charm bc i’m too lazy to complete the dex, i did start but gave up around 250 😛

October 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Oof 😛

October 24, 2020 6:43 pm

okay SO it seems i’m not the only one struggling with the birds? well do not fear, moon watched 10000 youtube videos last night and has put together a handy dandy guide for you all! note: the methods have not been attempted by yours truly, with the exception of zapdos, but i will try later 😛

birb hunting spoilers and tips

so i already gave my zapdos run down in a reply to bloompaw, but summary – use an aegislash, bc it’s crazy bulky and only takes damage from one move that zapdos have, being drill peck 😛

articuno:
so from what i’ve heard, this is the one that people can’t seem to catch. so you want to fly to where the watt trader is at some snowy slopey bit, i forget the name. articuno will (hopefully) appear there relatively soon, and you have to chase it on your bike wherever it goes. eventually, it’ll stop and hover. you should approach it, and then save before you get too close, of course. when you get close enough, articuno splits into three. one of them will lift its wing and do a fancy gesture – that’s the real one. then they’ll spin around REALLY FREAKING FAST and you wanna try and keep your eye on the real one. when they stop, run into the real one. if you got it right, they’ll all disappear into one in the air, articuno will disappear into a puff of smoke, and then POOF right onto you. if you get it wrong, it just flies away. note: the second time you encounter it, they spin far slower. however, if you saved before and got it wrong, you could just reset until you guess right 😛

now, tips for actually catching the darn thing 😛 it’s a psychic-flying type, with the moveset of psycho cut, psycho shift, freezing glare, and hurricane. two psychic moves, a non damaging move, and a flying type move. now there’s a very good chance it’s hailing during this battle, which articuno takes damage from. so your best bet is to get it into yellow, sit there, and chuck ultra balls at it until hail knocks it out. if it faints, reset the game. try again. for this fight, corviknight and aegislash both resist all of its damaging moves, and are super bulky. those would be my recommendations of you’ve got high leveled version of either of them, but i’m sure other pokemon work! those are just the two i thought of off the top of my head 😛

moltres:
bloom, i promise its easier than you think. there is one rule. do not chase moltres. it is infinitely faster than you. you cannot physically catch up to it. instead, there are two strategies. moltres’ flight pattern is extremely predictable – it always spawns where you fly to on the isle of armor. the two best locations for you to fly to are the dojo and the train station. when watching youtube, i noticed everybody flew to the dojo, but the comments did suggested the corviknight station as well. if you fly to the dojo, bike forward a bit, and wait for it to fly right above you. and then you SPAM the whistle button bc you’re paranoid it won’t work 😛 (whistle by pressing down on the left joystick) when it stops, SAVE. SAVE REALLY FAST. then whistle again and again until it flies down and lands on you, and you’re in the fight! 😛

unfortunately, this thing is STRONG. it sets up nasty plot and can decimate full teams in seconds. i mean, you saved for a reason, right? 😛 its moveset is nasty plot, fiery wrath, hurricane, and sucker punch. unfortunately, aegislash doesn’t work here 😛 i think what i’m gonna be trying is tyranitar? it resists both STAB, and while it does set up sand, it’s only for five turns, so it won’t knock it out. i think a neutral effective move from me and then sand chip for five turns will get it pretty low? plus, i get a 1.5x special defense boost (that i honestly need bc moltres is really strong) in the sand, bc tyranitar is a rock type 😛

okay so wow that was not proofread bc i’m lazy and i stg if everybody’s caught the birds already i’m gonna riot bc it this took wayyyy too long to type up but i hope it helps people? 😛 good luck everyone, we can suffer through this together! 😛

October 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Birb
I fought Articuno in rain (I was on the way to plant some carrots) and I accidentally ran into it. I also accidentally ran into the right one. All of the birbs i caught with my main team (which is not very good for catching birbs). But yeah, I caught all the birbs. I caught Moltres before it could start sweeping with Hurricane (I’m pretty sure I also fought it in rain)

October 24, 2020 7:49 pm

niceeee 😛

October 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Thanks! I caught Zappos and Moltres without much trouble, but I can’t even find articuno

October 24, 2020 7:50 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

yeah, people have been saying that’s the worst one 😛 lowkey gonna get moltres in a timer ball and if it’s annoying, i’ll just master ball articuno bc why not and it matches 😛 (i caught zapdos in a matching ultra ball lol)

October 24, 2020 8:22 pm

I Ultra balled them all even though I have enough master balls to catch them all in one

October 24, 2020 7:58 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

Zappos 😛 that is Galarian Zapdos’ new name in my eyes 😛. Zappos, part of the legendary birbs

October 24, 2020 9:56 pm

yes. Zappos

October 25, 2020 12:57 am

zappos

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 25, 2020 4:08 pm

They should’ve just brought Zapmulcuno in. That would’ve been cool. Not galarian forms of the birds.

October 25, 2020 6:37 pm

I actually really prefer the galarian legendary birds, I find them as really cool twists on the originals, and I definitely think they are better designed. Zapmolcuno wouldn’t have fit in as well, and it always just struck me as over the top.

October 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Zapmulcuno wouldn’t have worked because the manga is in a completely different universe then the games, as well as the fact that we don’t even know if the device that fused the birds would work in Galar with Galar badges, and someone coming in from Kanto with the badges and the machine just wouldn’t have worked.

October 24, 2020 10:39 pm

Time for even more crown tundra stuff! This is a crown tundra review, so if you dont want to be spoiled, turn back now.

Crown Tundra review

So, full disclaimer, I have not done the postgame chapter, They Came From the Ultra Beyond. I wont be able to do that for a while though, so I thought I would get this out of the way. I also havent done the swords of justice

I will be dividing this into five parts. Dynamax adventures, Calyrex and the horses, the regis, the birds, and the galarian star tournament.

First is dynamax adventures.
I have no real problems with this feature. It is fun. It is challenging without being impossible, and the increased shiny odds are great. The only thing is that you really need to do it with real people. The npcs still suck. Even so, great feature, glad they included it, 10 out of 10

Second is Calyrex and the horses
Again, I have no real problems with it. Calyrex possessing peony was cool, and both of the horses were really interesting. Spectrier all the way! I did have to use my master ball on calyrex though because my team had a really bad matchup against it. My entire team was either super effective against it, weak to it, or resisted by it. And since I obviously chose spectrier, I couldnt just bring out my false swiper instead. Other than that, another great feature, 10 out of 10.

Third is the regis
The regi puzzles were interesting, although it took me an embarrassingly long amount of time to realize that all I had to do to catch registeel was whistle. The living crystal of ice for regice was really clever, cryoganal really fits the description. And the everstone for regirock was easy enough. Catching them took a few tries because their insanley high defense stats made false swiping take a while. Even so, I pulled through. And then there is regieleki and regidraco. I chose regieleki, and it was a pain. It outspeeds my entire team, and is in fact the fastest pokemon in existence. Before that, the fastest pokemon was deyoxs speed form at 180, but regieleki is 200. I found out pretty quickly that rhypereiror was an excellent pokemon to use, as it resisted extreme speed, and was immune to everything else. That is all I have to say on the regis, yet another 10 out of 10

Fourth is the birds
Galarian zapdos was anoying, but after a while it slowed down enough for me to catch it. Nothing really to say here, they catch rate was frustratingly low, but I caught it. Galarian moltres was way to nice to me, and it only took me a couple minutes to encounter it. It was also pleasantly easy to catch, and I like it for that. And third is Galarian articuno. Oh articuno articuno articuno. I was so exited. You and spectrier are such amazingly designed pokemon. I like moltres, zaptos, glacier, calyrex, and galarian slowking, but you were just out of this world. SO WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH A PAIN TO CATCH????????? It took me literal hours to find this thing. thankfully, I saved before I encountered it, and I soft reset until I could catch it. Thank goodness, it was an ok catch. The designs were good, but the whole roaming legendaries part was so annoying, I have to knock it down a bit. 7 out of 10

And finally, the galarian star tournament.
Gamefreak, gamefreak, gamefreak. My hopes were so high, but you let me down so, so hard. It is pretty easy, and there is no level scaling. It is supposed to be teamwork, but you really just try and kill as many things, and hope your partner does something that is halfway ok. There is no sense of level scaling, and all of my best pokemon are level 100, so it makes it atrousiouly easy. There isn’t any real character development like we were hoping for. It is just the battle tower but with more dialogue scenes, and it is multi battles instead of double battles, which means you have less contol over what happens. If you are looking for competitive pokémon, just play online, or use the battle tower if you have to. 3 out of 10

October 25, 2020 12:57 am
Reply to  Cinderpaw

i’ll read once i finish! 😛

October 25, 2020 2:10 am

Crown
I haven’t done the Regis, but I’ve done the birbs and Calerex. I’ve tracked down all of the footprints for the swords of justice but I haven’t caught them yet

THERE IS NO CHAIN

Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
October 27, 2020 1:23 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

ok ok, i read it, it tells me stuff, but i really dont care 😛 Ive probably asked this a million times, but is crown tundra and everything else a permanent addition to the game? if not i will literally cry because ive been looking forward to this FOREVER since i heard of sw/sh and i just– i cant even explain it. i almost have enough saved for a switch lite, but pokemon Sword ontop of the Expansion pass? thats a whole nother $100 almost. im D Y I NG rn

YeahMyNameHasNo'feather'OhWell

October 27, 2020 4:36 pm

it’s permanent lol you’re fine

take aim. draw back. ignite.

Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
October 27, 2020 5:13 pm

lol yay 😛

YeahMyNameHasNo'feather'OhWell

October 25, 2020 5:17 am

so uh i did a thing? it’s kinda like my slightly-late-not-technically-eligible october art contest entry? 😛 it’s a bit late (by about 5 hours or something like that), but it doesn’t really matter since the contest was for cats and uh… i don’t draw cats? so take an alive pokemon hanging out with a ghosty-spirity one? bc… regular cats with starclan cats? i was close? idk, i tried 😛 i just like… used the prompt to inspire me to draw this? so yeah. here we go 😛
comment image

so uhhhh yeah i drew lance and gala together? idk? 😛 in case you didn’t know/remember, rin (alain’s girlfriend who is technically not his girlfriend but she honestly just is) named her alolan sandslash galahad (gala for short) after lance, since in the legend, galahad is lancelot’s son. bc why not. bc naming pokemon after dead pokemon. bc ship. 😛 leave me alone, let me be my shippy fangirly alarin trashy self in peace 😛 i have no words for how much i love alarin, they’re literal perfection.

so anyways! yeah kinda not really an art contest entry, but it was inspired by the prompt, and it’s definitely not the best thing i’ve ever drawn but i don’t hate it? idk, it was hard to make lance ghosty and stuff, i wasn’t sure how to do it 😛 but i hope people like it! 😀

‘We’re glowing in the dark, we started from a spark. We’re lights that never go out, like we’ve never been down.’

– Glowing in the Dark (The Girl and the Dreamcatcher)

Cheetahspark
Cheetahspark
October 25, 2020 5:27 pm

okay I don’t know who they are but they are adorable!!!

October 25, 2020 6:28 pm
Reply to  Cheetahspark

ahh thank you! 😀

October 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Awwwwwwww it’s so amazing and beautiful and adorable and amazing!

October 25, 2020 10:02 pm

thank youuu! <3

October 26, 2020 5:02 am

ahhhhh so spooky 😛 nooo lance come back to life now 😛

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 26, 2020 7:00 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

ahaha not really spooky but yes lol everyone misses lance i think 😛

October 26, 2020 2:04 pm

My school blocked the sight the image is on, but im sure it’s amazing!

October 26, 2020 7:03 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

oh right, i used a discord link instead of a google one like i usually do, try this instead 😛
comment image

take aim. draw back. ignite.

Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
October 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Do
You
WANT
ME
to
cry
?

LANCE COME BACK TO USSSSSSSS!!!
whos Galahad?

YeahMyNameHasNo'feather'OhWell

October 27, 2020 4:36 pm

haha 😛

i explained in my first comment with the photo, go read that 😛

take aim. draw back. ignite.

Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
October 27, 2020 5:23 pm

yeah, i realized that after i posted this 😛 and i was to lazy to change it.

YeahMyNameHasNo'feather'OhWell

October 27, 2020 7:21 pm

ah okay 😛

October 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Oh yay! I can see it now!

October 26, 2020 8:03 pm

😀

🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
🍂 Pineblossom 🥮
October 26, 2020 11:28 pm

still crying

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

October 27, 2020 5:32 am

i’m sorryyyyy

Ƭigerstar2008
Ƭigerstar2008
October 25, 2020 5:35 am

Does anyone play Pokémon TCG Online? If you want to send me a friend request, my username is Tigerstar2008.

I am the Mockingjay

October 25, 2020 6:29 pm
Reply to  Ƭigerstar2008

not me (anymore), sorry 🙁

October 25, 2020 8:06 pm
Reply to  Ƭigerstar2008

Sorry! I don’t play it!

October 26, 2020 2:03 pm
Reply to  Ƭigerstar2008

I dont play it. Sorry 🙁

October 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Hey guys, this is kind of random, but Austin John Plays said on twitter he’s going to give 500 bucks to whoever finds victini, and posts a video on it before dataminers and websites. He is probably joking though…

October 26, 2020 6:59 pm

wow 😛

October 27, 2020 5:45 am

new batch of inktober, coming right up! 😀

day 19 was card, and i drew some alarin bc why the heck not (i love them okay?) 😛
comment image

day 20 was… ice cream. and bc i’m kpop trash, all i could think of was the blackpink song 😛 so take an extremely unprompt related kpop AU (it’s a thing, don’t question it) lillie! i really like this one, especially the hair 😀comment image

i ditched the prompt for day 21, because i felt like drawing gladion! this one took ages (two hours) bc of the detail in the hair and the sword – it’s from the power AU, in which he gets to wave around a sword and stab people, it’s pretty neat 😛comment image

day 22 was a break day, so day 23 was a free day! i drew ari, another member of the pabay e4! she uses fire types 😀comment image

day 24 was flower, and i decided to draw mairin with a cute little flower crown. mairin’s hair is really really hard to draw and i definitely struggled with this, but i think it turned out okay! she’s cute and i love her, mairin is the most criminally underrated character ever and she deserves the world 😛comment image

finally, day 25 was candy! i drew… well, i drew luna (not that you can really tell it’s her bc her hair is so different) as heather chandler, from the musical (and technically also movie) heathers! the prompt comes in the form of the song candy store, aka the best heathers song ever, in which heather chandler (also my favorite of the three heathers lol) gets the biggest part 😛comment image

that’s it for inktober batch 4! batch 5 will go up right when the month ends, and i hope people are excited for it! we’re close to done, and i’m really happy with how this has all gone 😀

October 27, 2020 4:30 pm

They look amazing! my favorite is card.

October 27, 2020 7:25 pm

thank you! 😀

October 28, 2020 12:55 am

my fav is card too! but their all so goodddddd

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 28, 2020 3:33 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

thank youuu! 😀

October 28, 2020 1:24 am

Mairin with a flower crown is soooooo precious!!!!!

October 28, 2020 3:33 pm

yessss!

October 27, 2020 5:57 am

…double posting tonight, bc i uh… i lost power again today and last night. you remember rematch? how luna lost power for four days? yeah. happened to me again, exactly a year after it happened the first time (except this time it was only for one day, but still), which is… odd and maybe a tad creepy 😛 but it was a longggg day and i was super bored this afternoon, so i decided to do what i had prepped on sunday. i saved 50000 drawing references to my tablet camera roll. so today, i went to work 😛

NOTE: FOLLOWING TWO DRAWINGS ARE NEW POKEMON FROM THE CROWN TUNDRA, SKIP IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS

first order of business, as the resident horse girl i am, was to draw the new horse pokemon! 😀 spectrier, while my least favorite of the two, was the one i did first, and i could not be happier with how this turned out. like seriously. i haven’t drawn horses in a bit, and this is by far the best one i’ve drawn in a long, long time. honestly, if spectrier looked like this in game instead of with that weird clumpy mane, i would have picked it, hands down.
comment image

next up, glastier! i actually picked this one in game, but i definitely struggled with drawing it. i’ve never touched much upon drawing draft horses, so it was certainly a challenge, but i think it turned out all right? could be better, but i’ll take it 😛comment image

(also, those who have played the crown tundra understand why i drew carrots 😛 (tho tbh i did just wanna fill the space too haha))

END OF CROWN TUNDRA SPOILERS

so after that, i thought “wow, let’s keep going! not like i already did two drawings plus my inktober!” yeah, i’m like that 😛
next up is Diva – in her non mega evolved form, bc i always draw her mega-ed, and i wanted to draw her skirt like this too 😛 she looks AMAZING and i’m so happy with this! 😀 (for those who do not know: diva is a shiny mega gardevoir, and the ace for my OC, rin, who you see a lot of 😛 )comment image

next is a mega altaria (per pine’s request)! this is tyltalis (simply altaria’s japanese name bc i’m lazy), rin’s altaria in a new AU of mine! he’s drawn mega evolved here, but only time will tell if and under what circumstances he’ll finally be able to transform…
comment image

but to be fully honest, i love this. it looks amazing. i’m so, so proud. anyways, to continue with the theme – percival, rin’s galarian rapidash! this is another one she only has in the AU, not in the canon pokemon universe (it’s essentially a blood-bond pokemon AU, i’ll explain a different time!). not my best, but not my worst!comment image

fourth up is Istas, her aurorus (also AU exclusive). he’s a not-so-little dino boi and i love him, he’s very cute and very happy 😛comment image

and FINALLY, the last one of the night. destiny, rin’s froslass. alongside diva, the only one who is not exclusive to the new AU! this one is… okay, i guess. but i did it pretty quick bc i was in a rush, so i’ll take it! just was happy to get the whole team done in one night! 😀comment image

so yeah. i haven’t drawn this much, especially traditionally, in ages. but i was bored. they turned out incredibly. my drawing was really, really good today, for some odd reason. and i’m so happy about it! 😀 i gotta go now so i’m gonna cut this comment here, but i hope people enjoyed! the new AU is definitely on the list to write soon, so hopefully you’ll see it once i can wrap my head around a plot a bit more! i’ll see you all soon! <3

October 27, 2020 3:57 pm

Ooooooooh they are so beautiful! Istas is probably my favorite but they all look amazing! I like how you draw the carrots next to the legendary horses

October 27, 2020 4:35 pm

thank you! 😀 see, the carrots do make sense! 😛

take aim. draw back. ignite.

Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
Larks that Nest in Cemetary (Larkfeather)
October 27, 2020 4:21 pm

ok first off… :000000000000 WOW. My favorite is a tie with Spectier, Diva, and the Mega Altaria. I really cant decide 😛 also you HAVE to have goddess drawing powers because the spine is on the bottom. THE B O T T O M. also the horses are legendary and you have to choose? why does that make me sad. I want ALL the good horse children. your not the only horse girl here anymore mwahaha 😛
The AU, i have some ideas, but i never wrote them down and im slowly forgetting and theyre really bad anyways XD
Was Gladion the one you were struggling with? i know you were going insane over a sword or something XD. Mairin is my fave out of those. Then Alarin, then Glads, then idk. I love them allllllllllllll 😛
this is… WAY longer then i wanted oops

YeahMyNameHasNo'feather'OhWell

October 27, 2020 7:23 pm

yeah you have to choose haha but i have two playthroughs so i’ll just get both that way 😛 but IF YOU HAVE IDEAS PLS LMK, idk when i’ll write it tho bc we’re going VGC AU for nano!

yeah gladion’s sword drove me INSANE, but thank you! 😀 i’m glad you like them <3

long comments make my entire day, ily

October 27, 2020 4:32 pm

That looks great!

Crown tundra stuff
SPECTRIER IS BETTER THAN GLASTRIER

October 27, 2020 7:24 pm

thank you! :DDD

crown tundra ponies
excuse me but spectrier’s mane in its sprites looks horrid but apart from that lol sure, but that’s just why i picked glastier 😛

October 28, 2020 12:59 am

what how 😛 i love the black thing

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 28, 2020 3:05 am
Reply to  Monkeypaw

the mane looks so clumpyyyyy :((( just my personal opinion tho haha you can always disagree!

October 28, 2020 12:59 am

AHHH they are all so beautiful again!! but spectrier and glastrier :OOO they look stunning 🙂 but my fav probably is diva… shes awesome

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 28, 2020 3:04 am
Reply to  Monkeypaw

thank youuu <333 diva is awesome, i love her too of course 😉

October 27, 2020 3:34 pm

Welp, that’s alot of bans. Bye Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, kyogre, groudon, raquaza, jirachi, dialga, palkia, giritina, victini, reshiram, zecrom, kyurem, keldeo, genesect, xerneas, yveltal, zygarde, diancy, volcanian, cosmog, cosmoim, sogaleo, lunala, necrozma, magerna, marshadow, zeraora, meltan, melmetal, zacian, zamazenta, eternatus, zarude, calyrex, calyrex shadow rider, and calyrex ice rider. You wil be missed in vgc 2020 series 7.

October 27, 2020 4:34 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

those are just the usual bans for VGC, you realize? 😛 those are just all the restricted legendaries and mythicals – mythicals are always banned, regardless of the format, since most of them are event only. mascot legendaries and things of the sort (simply called “restricteds” by most VGC players) are typically also banned, but however, it’s typically every other year that we actually have a restricted format. in a restricted format, each team is allowed two of the restricted legendaries. (if you read and remember rematch, it took place in VGC 2019, which was a restricted series. examples of cores include xernala, xerndon, rayogre, etc.) so definitely expecting a restricted format for what would be the VGC 2021 season! 😀

October 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Fair, but I just got into vgc this year, so I wasnt expecting it.

October 27, 2020 7:22 pm

oh fair 😛

October 27, 2020 6:00 pm

Why would you ban cosmog and cosmoim though… they are useless

October 27, 2020 7:22 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

they’re just part of the same family as solgaleo and lunala, it’s more for technicality, nobody would use them restricted or not 😛

October 27, 2020 11:01 pm

Cosmoem could be used as a baton passer… an eviolite cosmoem would be horrible to face, especially if it started getting up cosmic powers so it can use baton pass. Seriously, without even cosmic powering once, cosmoem with an eveolite would have defense and special defense stats of 196.5. The only problem is, it dosent get baton pass. New petition: give cosmoem baton pass.

October 28, 2020 12:39 am
Reply to  Cinderpaw

also, basically nobody uses baton pass in VGC anyways 😛 (it’s more of a singles thing, but i think it’s banned in OU smogon lol)

October 28, 2020 1:12 am

petal blizzard lurantis + sap sipper goodra is awesome

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 28, 2020 1:54 am

fair

October 28, 2020 1:11 am
Reply to  Cinderpaw

yep! i think the different forms of calyrex are going to be broken, i mean not xerneas broken but will be a popular pokemon.

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 28, 2020 2:48 am
Reply to  Monkeypaw

xerneas is broken levels of broken lol tho i’m not complaining bc i love it

October 28, 2020 3:48 am

yeah i especially like the shiny

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 28, 2020 3:34 pm
Reply to  Monkeypaw

😀

(also forgot to say earlier but shadow rider calyrex/spectrier in general is nowhere near as good as it could be, especially in VGC. it’s fast and frail with good sp. atk, sure, but it gets absolute trash in its moveset, and basically no coverage at all 😛 ice rider/glastier under trick room is definitely the way to go!)

October 28, 2020 4:40 pm

The moment I saw Ice Rider/Glastrier I thought how great that would be under trick room 😛

October 28, 2020 6:04 pm

ikr same 😛

October 29, 2020 1:34 am

Me as well

October 28, 2020 5:12 pm

I know it’s movepool is trash, but I love it anyway 🙁

October 28, 2020 5:13 pm

But yeah, I would do glastrier under trick room, especially because I find trick room teams really fun to use, but I picked spectrier.

October 28, 2020 6:05 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

personally i don’t love using trick room teams, but if i found a good rental team with glastier as a tr sweeper, i might just use it bc i like glastier 😛

October 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Also, Shadow rider calyrex dosent have the movepool problem, because it gains plenty of calyrex’s moves.

October 28, 2020 10:39 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

shadow rider does have a more varied movepool, yeah – grass, ghost, psychic – but it gets absolutely nothing to cover its biggest weakness, so… 😛

essentially, what i’m saying is that it’s not horrible – in fact it’s definitely ubers on smogon – but in VGC, when you can only have two restricteds on your team?
i really feel like there are better options than a frail sweeper that essentially does what gengar or dragapult does just with a different secondary typing and no coverage for its quad weakness (dark) 😛 from following and watching 2019, our last restricted season, pretty obsessively as research for my first VGC AU, it’s pretty clear that the restricted legends you pick are going to be the core and backbone of your team, and you have to pick pretty darn well 😛
it’s not a bad pokemon by any means – i can expect A LOT from it in singles, when coverage isn’t quite as big of a deal (just in my opinion, tho i know a lot more about VGC than smogon singles so pls don’t take my word on this) – but it just gets a bit outclassed by other options, that’s all. kinda like landorus-t outclasses garchomp (which annoys me bc i love garchomp haha, fav pseudo legend and definitely fav dragon type 😛 ), and things like that. like rillaboom taking tapu bulu’s place as a grassy terrain user this upcoming meta, and like how you can all say goodbye to the pincurchin-indeedee-alo raichu core that lasted about 1 whole second, bc koko and lele exist now 😛 but anyways this comment is a mess but i hope it made sense? i tried? 😛

October 29, 2020 1:11 am

Yes, that is a good point. Xerneas will be very highly used, as well as ladorus therian. Glastrier will be extremely prevalent under trick room, and although none of the Galarian legendary birds are amazingly broken, I could see articuno and zapdos being used a good bit

October 29, 2020 1:56 am
Reply to  Cinderpaw

xerneas will definitely be next year when it’s allowed, it always has been since it was introduced 😛 landorus isn’t terribly broken, but it’s GOOD and has been a staple in both singles and doubles since gen 5, so… expect it come november 1st, for sure 😛 glastier is gonna be great, and i’ve heard zapdos is doing well on showdown and in casual battles. articuno is one that people are definitely trying to make work, but the general consensus seems to be that it’s a bit too frail and lacks good coverage, unfortunately :((

October 29, 2020 12:57 pm

🙁 I love zapdos 🙁

October 29, 2020 12:57 pm

Wait, not Zapdos, Articuno

October 29, 2020 12:59 pm

Okay, I’m an idiot, I completly forgot the tapus. I bet they will be everywhere, especially koko and lele.

October 29, 2020 8:18 am

i know which is a shame 🙁 but yep ice rider is good it will be broken 😛

AHHHH MOKY IS RUNNING FOR SW!!

October 28, 2020 5:13 pm

Xerneas is stupid broken. Not mega raquaza broken, but very, very broken.

October 28, 2020 6:05 pm

power herb + geomancy = broken lol but it’s fineeee 😛

October 28, 2020 1:26 am

*sad Mew noises*

1 113 114 115

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch