Notify of
Shadefrost
Shadefrost
January 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Anyone still play Pokémon Go? 😛
I still play, trainer code here in case anyone wants to friend me:
4268 0011 5522

Positivity page in my name :)

January 18, 2020 10:53 pm
Reply to  Shadefrost

i got into pokemon after it was cool so rip 😛 and i don’t have a phone to even get the app so double rip 😛

those fricken chickens

January 19, 2020 5:28 am
Reply to  Shadefrost

i never played pokemon go so 😛

January 20, 2020 2:43 am

🌿 Green team on Omega Ruby volg. 💚

Day 16
Mostly walking around Mauville City and beyond.
Oh,
And I finally evolved Blade!
His voice is amazing. There is a ching sound that sounds like a sword or metal. Oh… 🤩
I did it for Swords Dance(level 26).
Look out Hoenn! The Sword brothers are in action and swinging their swords!
Oh and two other team members are trying to evolve.
*Green Puppy and Gu’Dan! I am paying you both to work on the green team. GREEN TEAM!!!*

Day 17
Not much.
Training and walking around.
Maybe I can get Caritas to evolve tonight.
I did get secret power through. That guy seems like someone you can become friends with fast. Mostly because you both are on a crazy adventure and that is what adventures do.

P.S.
This guy is from Unova?!?
How we don’t get Secret bases in Unova?
That was one of my favorite parts in Diamond and Omega Ruby. Bonk…

Thanks for sticking with me.
Any newcomers who want to catch up on the volg can go back to older comments. May you all have a blessed day!

January 21, 2020 1:25 am

😀

Shadow
Shadow
January 22, 2020 4:21 am

gO GREEN TEAM

January 26, 2020 1:37 am
Reply to  Shadow

Thanks.
They all appreciate the cheer. 💚

January 20, 2020 11:48 pm

Gonna be honest I think this page needs my fanfics and Purple Dusk’s colorlocke thing to stay alive and one of those two will not be posted until it is completed due to popular demand 😛

January 21, 2020 1:25 am

😛👍

January 21, 2020 4:24 am

Haha!
We will see.
We have a few new appentices hanging around. And Monkeyfur’s fic too.

Little reminder to everycat!
If you need advice or fellow Pokémon Lovers to talk to,
Don’t be afraid to type!

January 21, 2020 1:11 pm

I’ve been trying to write my fanfic super fast lol I’m still on the prologue, sorry everyone but I promise it will be finished!

i see moky

January 22, 2020 1:29 am

haha don’t worry about it! 😀 The plan is for Rematch to be done by the end of the month 🙂

Shadow
Shadow
January 22, 2020 4:20 am

me: *has planned a million things that may or may not help keep this page alive and is procrastinating*
me:
me:
me: well gl *leaves*

January 24, 2020 12:36 am
Reply to  Shadow

thanks then 😛

January 22, 2020 4:41 am

WE ALWAYS NEED YOUR FANFICS MOON

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

January 24, 2020 12:37 am

I’M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN

January 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Hello! I’m Eclipsepaw, I have Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Moon, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Pokémon Y, and now Sword! (And also Pokémon Go but I never use it) My favorite Pokémon is shiny umbreon, hence my usual username Tamao Umbre. Tamao is what you name an Eevee in Pokémon Go for it to evolve into an umbreon. Umbre is the first part of Umbreon.

Anyways here are some of my main Pokémon teams:

Pokémon Ultra Moon
“Midnight” -female -Midnight form Lyconrock -Lv. 80 something
That’s only one I remember from Pokémon Ultra Moon

Pokémon Sword
“Emri” -Male -Boltund -Lv. 57 // Move set: Play Rough, Wild Charge, Dig, Crunch.
“Spark” -Male -Toxtricity -Lv. 53 // Move set: Toxic, Overdrive, Hex, Boomburst.
Maractus -Female -Lv. 48 // Move set: Sucker Punch, Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Solar Beam.
“Coal” -Male -Cinderace -Lv. 53 // Move set: Flame Charge, Bounce, Counter, Pyro Ball.
Snom -Male -Lv. 51 // Move set: Icicle Spear, Struggle Bug, Icy Wind, Facade.
“Black Knight/Corvi” -Male -Corviknight -Lv. 52 // Move set: Brave Bird, Retaliate, Revenge, Steal Wing.

May give updates~

I have no idea what I’m doing

January 21, 2020 8:47 pm
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

noice 😺

January 21, 2020 11:14 pm
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

Everycat!
Please join me in welcoming my new apprentice to the Pokemon discussion page!

Welcome Eclispepaw!
It is good to see you at last.

Your new mentor,

January 22, 2020 4:20 pm
Reply to  Purple Dusk

Thanks! 🙂 it’s good to see you too.

I have no idea what I’m doing

January 22, 2020 1:28 am
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

Hi Eclipsepaw! Shiny Umbreon is probably my second favorite Eeveelution, right after Sylveon 🙂 I love the blue! I’ve played Moon, Let’s Go Eevee, Alpha Sapphire, X, and Sword, with Ultra Moon hopefully coming soon (I really want it, and I have a classmate who might be able to sell me his copy for half the usual price, which is great!).

Loving the Snom on your team 😛 Lemme know if you have Nintendo Switch Online and want to trade or battle in Sw/Sh! I’ve got some Shield exclusives from other trades if you’d like 🙂

January 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Definitely will let you know if I’m online! Just need to remember my WiFi password…

I have no idea what I’m doing

January 24, 2020 12:36 am
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

Haha sounds good 😀 but Nintendo Switch Online is actually a subscription service, and unlike the 3DS, you have to pay to be able to use the internet in games 🙁 But it isn’t too expensive (about $20 USD a year)! I got it for my birthday 🙂

January 24, 2020 12:04 pm

My brother got it, but I haven’t purchased it yet.

I have no idea what I’m doing

January 25, 2020 12:46 am
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

I gotcha 😀

Shadow
Shadow
January 22, 2020 4:16 am
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

hey Eclipsepaw! shiny Umbreon is the best. welcome to the Pokémon page! your teams are amazing, I love them!
hope you enjoy it here!

asp 🦎
asp 🦎
January 22, 2020 4:18 am
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

>maractus
nice

:^]

Frosted Moona (Moonpaw(leap))
Frosted Moona (Moonpaw(leap))
January 22, 2020 4:28 am
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

Sweet! I’ve got Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Sheild, as well as a Fairy-Fire card deck!

January 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Cool! I’ve got all kind of Pokémon cards! I have a 3in binder packed full of them! And even more in tins, and stuff! I have too many Pokémon cards.

I have no idea what I’m doing

January 24, 2020 12:34 am

Man I used to play TCG, and I had my main Fairy deck, and then I think I had a good Psychic one, a Dark one I shared with my brother, a Dragon one, a Fire One, and a Water one 😛 But I kept one set of trainer cards to rotate between the decks, with a few changes for each deck 🙂 From watching competitive TCG vlogs (nobody who plays VGC makes them, okay? 😛 It’s more Rematch research lol), I’ve now learned how terrible I was at deck building, even if it worked against my family 😛 nobody uses type based decks, they all have one core GX pokemon and everything revolves around that rip

January 22, 2020 4:43 am
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

hey eclipse! I love shiny umbreon, but my favorite eeveelution’s got to be espeon!! I’ve played moon, y and sapphire 😀 welcome to the pokémon page! we’ve got everything going on here, from moon’s fanfics to purple dusk’s colorlocke quest to just the random little things that one of us other people post! it’s like we have a little pokémon community here ❤️

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

January 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Espeons cool, I think I’ll like it here. 🙂

I have no idea what I’m doing

Mistystream
Mistystream
January 25, 2020 12:59 pm
Reply to  Eclipsepaw

yee snom

also umbreon best shiny eevee (besides sylveon)

January 26, 2020 4:33 am
Reply to  Mistystream

snommmmmmmmmmmmmm

i see moky

January 26, 2020 5:14 am
Reply to  Mistystream

honestly yes shiny umbreon is amazing
luna’s getting one at some point, like eight months after secrets

January 24, 2020 12:39 am

welp here’s another short rematch update because i’ve been alerted that my fanfics are needed 😛 coughcoughpinecoughcough

– Redid my Worlds Outline, which took a few days, but it’s done now!
– I’m planning on writing at least part of Chapter 19 today, if not all of it 😀
– We will have 24 Chapters total, followed by an Epilogue
– I plan to finish this by the end of the month! That’s my deadline, though I might go over by a few days. Either way, I’ll start posting chapters in about a week! 😀

that’s all, folks 😛 pretty short, but i’m so excited about all of this! i’m so close to the end now 😀

January 24, 2020 1:03 pm

😀

January 24, 2020 10:04 pm

no regrets 😎 don’t stress though! i’ll survive 😛

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

January 25, 2020 6:37 am

good to know, and thanks 😛

Shadow
Shadow
January 26, 2020 4:21 am

will you

January 26, 2020 4:36 am
Reply to  Shadow

idk shadow will I

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

January 26, 2020 11:46 pm

you tell me printer
will you truly survive without your daily dose of lunarlogicshipping

those fricken chickens

January 27, 2020 4:46 pm

that’s impossible. nobody can survive without a daily dose of lunarlogicshipping, and certainly not me.

January 28, 2020 2:17 am

exactly

those fricken chickens

January 26, 2020 5:10 am
Reply to  Shadow

questionable

January 26, 2020 4:33 am

Can’t wait for it!

i see moky

January 26, 2020 2:24 am

💚 Green Team on Omega Rudy vlog 🌿

Day 18
Ok, question.
What is with making us really wanting to go beat Team Magma at Mt. Chimney, but making us go through a three routes and two caves instead?

Okay, I had to go save Brandon. Who was mostly okay?

Another thing.
I got cheated out of two new team members! I have to wait till after I save Brandon AND beat Flanney to go to the desert. (Guess what future team members I am pining for.)

Not a happy day.

Day 19
I was so grumpy I retraced my steps to get berries.
Then Caritas evolved! She is quite beautiful 😍. I also went over Cycling road to find a Mega stone. (For a Pokemon I can not use)
*Green Puppy is evolving! No! No! I need a Green Puppy, not a Blue Dog! You can evolve in the next run I promise.*

Day 20
Saved Brandon.
Okay Brandon did not need saving at all. The Professor really did. The truth of the matter is, he has two gym badges and I got three. 🤔
They really set up Archie’s arrival as something similar to Pokemon Emerald. But this is Omega Ruby for a reason. 😔. By the way, that Team Magma admin had no help from the grunt. 😆 ( The grunt’s Koffling used Self-Destruct. Oh, it is just the weaken Admin now.)

Comment down below what future team members I want and what part was the funniest.

May blessings come to you,

Shadow
Shadow
January 26, 2020 4:27 am

no one:
not a soul:
team magma grunt: *self destruct*
team magma admin: *breathe in* bOI

*holds up those (green) cheering streamer balls things that I forgot the name of*
GO
GREEN
T E A M

January 26, 2020 5:14 am
Reply to  Purple Dusk

What is Caritas? but this is cool!
oof koffing

i see moky

January 26, 2020 3:13 pm

Caritas is now a Gardevoir.
Her moveset is Echo Voice, Calm mind, Psychic, and Draining Kiss.
I will not be able to Mega Evolve her because her Mega form is very white.

P.S.
Her name is Latin for Self-sacrificing love.

January 27, 2020 2:26 pm

Cool!

i see moky

January 26, 2020 6:01 am

😛

January 27, 2020 4:02 am

hey um do you guys want me to post the prologue again, as sort of a refresher? or are we good? because in like a day or two, i’m gonna start posting chapters, just wanna know if you want to start with chapter one or the prologue 😀

January 27, 2020 7:28 am

prologue!

i see moky

January 27, 2020 12:18 pm

sure!

January 27, 2020 7:28 am

Here is a drawing that I drew of Whismcott, Bounsweet, THe Ice cream cone thing and Aeglislash (is that how you spell it?)
But anyway, I hope you like it! Try to guess what attacks are there too

i see moky

Mistystream
Mistystream
January 27, 2020 1:26 pm

ooh i like it 😀

(btw it’s aegislash 😛 )

January 27, 2020 6:12 pm

🌟Really Cool Monkeyfur! 🌟

January 27, 2020 9:32 pm

ooh 😃

January 28, 2020 2:18 am

i l0ve iT it’s sO gOOD
and it’s aegislash 😛 and tHE ice cream cone is vanillite

those fricken chickens

January 28, 2020 2:29 am

oooh, nice! 😀 Aegislash and Vanillite 🙂 And I think I see a… Blizzard, Shadow Bone (okay probably totally wrong but Alolan Marowak’s bone on the right?), Water Shuriken, and Razor Leaf? Also some sort of fire move, and not quite sure what the one in the upper right is, but it looks cool! 😀

January 29, 2020 5:42 am

oooo you got most of them right!It’s Dark Pulse and Pyro Ball your missing!But they don’t really look like it lol

i see moky

January 29, 2020 5:52 am

ah i gotcha! 😀 i see it! didn’t choose scorbunny, so i never really see the pyro ball animation, especially since my version of hop had inteleon 😛

January 31, 2020 4:42 am

cool! wait did you choose grooky as your starter then?

i see moky

January 29, 2020 4:56 pm

whoaaa that’s so good!! I haven’t drawn pokemon in a while 😀

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

January 28, 2020 2:27 am

Prologue repost! 😀

Prologue: Sheer Cold

Luna tells herself she hadn’t expected to get this far in the tournament. After all, it’s the World Championships, and it’s only her third year of playing VGC. But she can’t help but feel her heart sink as her Cresselia’s HP bar drops to zero, and she sinks down into her chair. As she takes off her headphones, she can hear the crowd cheering. Cheering for the fact that she just lost.

Luna really wishes she could wipe that cold, emotionless expression off of her opponent’s face. Both players stand up and she extends her hand, shaking Gladion’s numbly. He doesn’t acknowledge her at all, and Luna forces herself to inhale sharply in an attempt to control her temper. She needs to get out of there, before things just get worse. Luna’s fingers fumble as she unplugs the cords attached to her 3DS and scurries off of the stage quickly.

“What a dominant round for Gladion Aether!” The commentators’ voices are quiet from backstage, but Luna doesn’t miss a word, despite her attempts to block them out. She lost. She lost by a landslide. Everybody knows it, too. To come so far and then be eliminated in such a fashion is what hurts the most.

Gladion was right. She didn’t stand a chance. He may not have said it outright, but Luna vividly remembers the cold, confident, and dismissive attitude he had written all across his face when the first battle had begun. And then once Luna’s Garchomp was off the field, his Xurkitree was free to run, sweeping the entire rest of her team after a few Beast Boosts. Regardless, Luna had forced herself to be optimistic and told herself she could still come back. Win game two, and then force a game three. It didn’t happen.

She knew it was over when Tapu Fini went down, leaving only Cresselia against both Incineroar and Metagross. Luna wasn’t stupid. That last flare blitz had done it, and Luna lost. She hadn’t come close in either match. Either Gladion was really, really good, or Luna just sucked. As she leans against the wall backstage, part of her believes the first one. But there’s another side of her brain that puts it down. Instead, it’s determined to convince that she should have won. Luna should have won.

“Usually, we would share an interview with the game winner, Gladion Aether, but he seems to have left already, so we’ll instead be moving onto the TCG semifinals…” That hits Luna hard. She gets absolutely and utterly destroyed, her opponent can’t even muster up a “good game,” and then leaves before his postgame interview even begins. He has some nerve, that’s for sure. Luna forces herself to stand up straight, and shoves her 3DS in her pocket. After letting herself throw a little pity party for herself backstage, she’s quick to leave the area.

As she walks, Luna can’t help but recall every single mistake she had made in her match. The missed predictions, the risks she should have taken, and choices she should have made. And on the other hand, Gladion executed flawlessly. He was one step ahead of her at all times, knocking out Pokemon after Pokemon until victory fell right into his hands, far out of Luna’s grasp. There were so many things Luna could have – should have – done.

Luna’s phone dings with a text from her sister back at home, and she ignores it. Funny enough, she doesn’t want the “nice try” or “good game” Silv likely sent her. Even the “I’m sorry” wouldn’t do anything to help Luna’s disappointment at this point. Yet that’s the exact same acknowledgement she had wanted from Gladion, and the kind he had failed to deliver. Why Luna sought it out from him – and just him, in fact – was a mystery. Was it just because he was her opponent? Or was it because of the closed off, ice cold demeanor he always seemed to carry with him? All Luna knew was how extremely angry she was, and how frustrated she was with her performance. And how disappointed Locust was bound to be. She could only assume he’d come find her when he learned what happened, considering he’d been knocked out before Top Cut. Sadly, he was not exactly a comforting presence.

Luna finds a seat in the last row, sits down, and lets herself slouch. She tells herself she’s being ridiculous – Gladion’s a good player, and he deserved to win. Luna knows her skills aren’t on his level yet – her last battle just proved that. But why – why – can she not shake this loss from her mind? The logical, sensible part of her mind says it’s because it’s Worlds. The biggest stage she’s ever fought on by far, and this placing in the Top 8 is the farthest she’s even made it in a tournament of this scale. Luna should be pleased with the result – and sure, she is. But if Luna had lost two rounds ago, in her Top 16 match against some random guy from Kalos, she can’t help but feel like that would have been better. There was something about Gladion – something about the cold, edgy, boy from Alola with the funny haircut that really, really, got on her nerves. If she hadn’t faced him at all, the results surely would have been much better – or that’s at least what Luna is forcing herself to believe.

Luna’s mind remains completely on her last match for the rest of the day. In fact, she has no reaction to Gladion’s loss in the semi finals to Moon Fuyuki, a 16 year old girl also from Alola with an impressive record under her belt already. Instead, she burns the image of his disapproving glare into her brain, alongside the replay of Cresselia’s HP bar dropping to zero. She remembers the stiffness in his hand during both of their handshakes, before and after the round.

Most importantly, Luna recalls his username from the team preview. XXglazioXX. Where it comes from, Luna can’t be sure. But it fits him, actually. She may not have spoken to her opponent, but it fits him, for some unknown reason. Luna has a feeling she’ll see it again. When she does, she’ll be prepared – or at least, that’s what she wants to believe. She won’t know until it happens.

As the months pass, the image of Gladion’s username and expression remain vividly in the back of her mind. Luna doesn’t forget how it felt to lose like she did, in front of thousands of people. She certainly doesn’t forget Gladion Aether, his aggressive playstyle, or his dominance in both of their matches.

Suddenly, Luna’s playing skill drops. She’s struggling to place in even a Premiere Challenge, the smallest live event one can enter. When she’s on stream, the “World Championships Top 8” under her name does nothing but haunt her. She finds herself falling short consistently, the expectations of the audience weighing her down. Her confidence levels plummet.

Luna immediately ascribes her failures to Gladion. If he hadn’t beaten her back then, none of this would be happening, right? Luna tells herself that Gladion is the reason her confidence is at an all time low, and the reason she can’t seem to hit her stride again. She doesn’t know if it’s true – there’s no way to. But Luna reassures herself that if nothing else, having somebody – or something – to blame helps take the weight off of her shoulders a little.

The 2019 season is off to a rocky start, to say the least. But maybe Luna will do better in the online competitions. Maybe the pressure of not having an audience watching her every move will help her win the CP she desperately needs. Maybe XXglazioXX will finally stop messing with her. Maybe – just maybe – Luna can win again.

Then she can finally move on.

There you are – just a little refresher. And you know what this means?
It’s time for a long, three weeks of daily posting 😀 Get ready, because things are about to get… intense? sorta?

Anyways little Glossary if you need help:
VGC: Video Game Championships
TCG: Trading Card Game
Team Preview: Screen where you can select your 4 out of the 6 Pokemon on your team, and you can see your opponent’s team as well
Top Cut: A single elimination tournament for the top players of the tournament, must be qualified for by either having a specific record or better (in the tournament so far) or just by rankings (Top 32, Top 16, etc)
CP: Championship Points – earning enough allows you to qualify for the Pokemon World Championships
Premiere Challenge: Small, local tournament with a small CP payout. Good starting place for beginners.

Also wanted to address the main differences between this world and ours:
1. The geography. We have the main Pokemon regions (plus Pabay), located in similar locations to their real world counterparts. They are sorted into Zones (1-4), instead of continents, for the sake of International Championships.
2. The Pokemon games do not have a story or characters, persay. You can think of this however you want, but it’s just the main “get your starter” -> “battle gyms/trials” -> “become champion” so that the characters in this story do not appear in the games, as they’d probably find it weird if there were people with their names, appearance, and personalities in the game.

Thanks for reading and all, Chapter One coming tomorrow! 😀

January 28, 2020 8:44 pm

😄👌

January 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Your Welcome.

Thanks for reposting for the new apprentices.

January 29, 2020 1:18 am

and so it begins

Chapter 1: Encore

Luna remembers the sting of defeat, just like she remembers his name.

It’s the exact reason she wants to scream when she checks the brackets for the first round of the Rising Star Online. So much for doing better in online tournaments. She really wants to punch somebody right now. Instead, Luna resorts to slamming her fists into the table and smacking her head down. You’re kidding me. Of all people. Of all the people in the tournament. What are the odds? Luna’s mind races, and her heart begins to speed up.

It’s supposed to be simple. You check the brackets, send a message to the Instagram profile linked to your opponent’s name, request a time slot, and book a battle room. Nowhere in the description does it say “Rematch the one person you never wanted to see again,” or “Re-ignite some old emotions you really didn’t want to think about.” Luna mutters a long string of curses under her breath, and takes a deep breath. Gladion Aether. She’d recognize his name anywhere. The exact name that had sat in the back of Luna’s mind for the past 4 months. The exact face that she’d put to blame for the horrid mess that was her VGC 2019 season so far. When she checks his profile, she knows exactly what happened at Worlds 2018 is going to happen all over again.

xxglazioxx
Gladion Aether
– VGC Zone 3
– Worlds 2018 Top 4
– Zone 3 Internats 2018 Runner Up

His Instagram username matches exactly with his screen name from team preview all those months ago. There’s no way for Luna to forget it. Her finger shakes a little and she forces herself to press the dreaded “Message” button under his bio. It takes her longer than a moment to think of how to begin.

Luna: Hey, I’m Luna
I’m your first opponent for the Rising Star Online

Maybe he won’t remember me. He crushed me, after all. There’s no reason he would know who I am, Luna thinks. She’s not sure if she really believes that herself, so she forces herself to keep going.

Luna: I’m free 2 pm – 5 pm PST, what about you?

She leaves it at that. The rest is… probably better left unsaid for now. Luna places her phone face down on the table and flips open the lid of her 3DS, only for the first device to vibrate just a moment later. Luna grits her teeth and picks the phone back up again.

Gladion: im gladion
2 pm pst is fine. I’ll register us

So far, so good. Or is it bad? Luna isn’t sure. All she knows is that so far, Gladion has said nothing about being the one who kicked her butt at Worlds, and it’s possible he doesn’t remember. Luna doesn’t know why it matters, but for some reason, she finds herself wishing he’d at least recognized her name, while at the same time, she couldn’t help but hope that he’d forgotten everything. Maybe because she thought it would help her do the same. Instead of dwelling on it any longer, Luna types up a quick reply.

Luna: okay

For a moment, she’s tempted to ask. But Luna’s not quite sure how to word that. Somehow, Luna’s pretty sure asking if he remembers demolishing her at Worlds is not the best idea. She waits a moment, and Gladion replies.

Gladion: room 6819

Luna: okay, see you there

It’s marked seen, and Gladion doesn’t reply. Not that Luna cares – there’s nothing more for him to say, after all. So she places her phone down once more, and turns her attention to her open 3DS screen.

Battle spot doubles, here we come.

Luna is thoroughly exhausted by the time 2 pm on the next day rolls around. She checks into the battle room at 1:50 precisely, and forces herself to take a few deep breaths. Her eyes are tired from how late she stayed up the night before, and she tries to convince herself the cramping sensation in her hands are not a result of the hours she’s spent with her fingers pressing the small buttons on her 3DS.

She knows it’s bad. Spending so many consecutive hours on a screen is bad. Getting only four hours of sleep going into a battle against somebody at Gladion’s level is bad. The fact that she really wants to just forfeit this match and be done with it is bad. To put it shortly, everything regarding this match is bad.

Last night, Luna spent hours searching for Gladion’s team and practicing in Battle Spot Doubles. Then she called up Ottie, and they practiced in Pokemon Showdown together. She wants to reassure herself that she’s completely prepared. That she’s done everything she possibly could have done to make this match go in her favor. Yet at the same time, Luna can only remember her defeat at Worlds last year. It was hardly even a battle. So what makes her think this time is going to be any different?

In fact, Luna hasn’t even been improving, has she? Her confidence is at an all time low, and the amount of CP she’s racked up is pitiful for somebody who placed Top 8 at Worlds the year prior. She’s supposed to be one of the top players in her area – so why is she still losing? And what makes her think she even stands a shot against Gladion? The teenager finds her mind racing all over the place for the next few moments. She knows she’ll be disappointed if she loses, after all the training she did. But maybe if she does better than she did at Worlds, that’ll be enough for her.

Luna’s heart races for the next ten minutes, the room dead silent. Silv is out with the horses – she understands how much VGC matters to Luna, and knows her sister can’t miss her match. Luna failed to tell her twin who she was battling, which in hindsight was probably a bad idea, but Luna constantly reminds herself she doesn’t need Silv worrying about her.

She wants patiently, and at 2:00, the battle begins.

Rising Star Online Tournament 2019
Masters Division Round 1
1/7/19
SailorLunala vs XXglazioXX
Standby…
Begin match?

Luna’s thumb rests on the A button for a moment of hesitation, and she inhales deeply. She doesn’t have faith in herself – in fact, she’s extremely confident in the fact she’s going to lose. But Luna is still hoping her hours of practice would pay off, and there was truly only one way for her to find out. She presses A, and the battle begins.

Game One ends quickly and decisively – in the exact opposite way Luna had hoped. Gladion won. Of course. What had she expected? But despite the disheartening start, Luna grits her teeth and focuses. Game Two is about to begin, and she has 90 seconds to choose her Pokemon.

It’s at that point she feels the lack of sleep kicking in. It’s hard for Luna to concentrate, and as the battle begins, she finds herself making stupid mistake after stupid mistake. She gets lucky a few times – a flinch here and there, and Gladion’s Groudon misses the Precipice Blades on her Lunala, allowing it to Z-Move into Incineroar, but Luna is still losing.

When Luna’s Kartana faints, she lets out a groan. 2-0, Gladion. Hardly better than Worlds, in Luna’s opinion. It’s a wonderful feeling when you practice so hard but still lose in the end, unable to even force a Game Three.

Luna slams her 3DS shut and face plants onto her bed, burying her face in the pillows. She clenches her fists, digging her fingernails into her palms, and lets out a large sigh. Her team is fine – her team is far from the problem, right? It has decent counters to every Pokemon in the metagame. It’s just her playing – or at least, that’s what she wants to think. Maybe something is wrong with her playing, and that something isn’t letting her really break through this season.

The team Gladion had played was as similar as one can get to his from Worlds 2018 while still adding in his two restricted legendaries in Groudon and Xerneas. It’s frustrating how well his team works together, and how when Luna does all of her damage calculations, she should be fine – but she still loses. Her EVs are placed carefully, movesets given hours of thought, but for some reason, it’s not working. Luna knows how much work she put into building this team, and to see it fall short so quickly hurts. A lot.

She swallows the lump in her throat, and forces herself to get up. The bed is comfortable, sure, and after such a defeat, Luna enjoyed the brief 30 seconds of rest, but that’s not going to help her win the next tournament. She wastes no time in logging into her computer and opening up the Showdown Teambuilder. Maybe… maybe she needs to fix something. Maybe it’s her team, after all. I know I wasn’t playing my best today. But maybe the hours I spent on this team wasn’t enough. I can always start again. I have the time, don’t I? Luna thinks, forcing herself to relax. She hadn’t realized how every muscle in her body seemed to have tightened back when she first read the brackets the day prior, and she hadn’t realized they had stayed like that ever since. Luna took a deep breath, and her fingers began to fly across the keyboard. If I want to beat Gladion, I have to step it up. I have to be better, starting with my team. Maybe it’s worth the time, and maybe it’s worth the effort. So I guess… I guess it’s worth a try.

i promise the writing gets better but uh there we go, chapter one. idk what to say 😛 i’m just curious what you all think.
also sorry to the mods if i missed any curses, there isn’t much in this fic at all until the end, but i might have missed a small one or something

January 29, 2020 5:44 am

Luna has Kartana?And Gladion has Goudon?lol
but this is great!I can’t wait for Chapter 2!

i see moky

January 30, 2020 3:36 am

Almost all competitive players have completed their Pokedex in their copy of the game, which includes all legendaries and Ultra Beasts 🙂 The VGC 2019 Rules allow the use of two legendaries, any Tapus (which are legendary but not counted as one of your two), and any Ultra Beasts.

January 31, 2020 4:42 am

cool! I’ve never played the games before! but I might buy the games when the extension passes come out!

i see moky

January 31, 2020 5:27 pm

Oooh, you totally should! 😀

January 29, 2020 12:55 pm

😀

January 30, 2020 3:36 am
Reply to  Bluebellsponge

😀

January 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Ouch…
Can someone please tell Luna that the trainer is just as important as the team?
I had times were my team was really good, but I was not.
The scary part came when a computer could do better with my team than me. *Oof*

“Golduck, Golduck, Golduck”
The fabulous Golduck says “Purple Dusk, this is the first chapter. You need to let Luna grow. Besides… Moonbreeze has already written all the chapters!”
“Uggg!” I mouned. “Why are you so right?”
“Haha! Golduck!” Golduck laughs. “Because I am the fabulous Golduck a’coss!”

January 30, 2020 3:37 am
Reply to  Purple Dusk

Don’t worry, it gets better 😛 She’s just frustrated, because she’s played so much better before (or at least she thinks, and idk if she has or not lol).

January 30, 2020 3:34 pm

Now that is character development waiting to happen.

Good luck!

January 31, 2020 10:52 pm

Indeed it is 😛

Forestflame
Forestflame
January 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Woooow this is E P I C!!!

January 30, 2020 3:37 am
Reply to  Forestflame

Thank you! 😀

January 30, 2020 3:59 am

got our first gladion POV today 😀

Chapter 2: Follow Me

The Rising Star Online went well. Gladion soared through each and every round, winning him a nice chunk of CP at the end. He’s on his way to Worlds, for sure. So far, it looks like the Excalibur Online may wield the same results. It’s time for the semifinals, and Gladion’s battle dock beeps. He places his 3DS down, and enters the battle room at exactly 10 am.

His opponent’s name is familiar, and their message history proves why. Luna Kajiba was his first opponent in the Rising Star Online just last month, and he’d won. Of course. He couldn’t lose in the first round – after all, his current record raises everyone’s expectations of him. To place 2nd in Internats and 4th in Worlds means pressure, to put things lightly. Which meant Luna was going down again, because Gladion had to win this tournament too. Then he and Moon will for sure meet at Worlds again – whether it’s a good thing or not, Gladion isn’t quite sure.

Excalibur Online Tournament 2019
Masters Division Round 5
2/12/19
XXglazioXX vs SailorLunala
Standby…
Begin match?

SailorLunala. Something about that name rings a bell for Gladion, just like “Luna” does, and not just from this screen during Rising Star. He can’t seem to remember why, and shakes any thought away. He needs to focus. His opponent is on time, and Gladion presses A to begin the match. It’s time to beat her – again.

The first match ends in such a close fashion that Gladion begins to worry that this might not be as easy as he had hoped. He proves to be correct when Luna narrowly forces a Game Three. But in the end, it doesn’t matter, as Luna’s namesake Lunala goes down to Gladion’s Groudon and its Precipice Blades. He’s won, again.

He can’t deny that Luna fought well this time. Sure, he’s had harder matches, but she’s improved a lot within the past month. So he checks her profile again.

lunaa.kajiba
Luna Kajiba 🌙
🖤 SailorLunala 🖤
– VGC Zone 3
– Worlds 2018 Top 8
🐎 || 🎵 || 📷 || ✏

He’s surprised she has time for all of those hobbies around both VGC and high school. But it doesn’t matter to him, anyways. He doesn’t need to know what kind of music she plays, or what that pencil is supposed to stand for. Gladion clicks the message button under her name, and pausing for a moment before typing and sending anything. He knows what he wants to say, so he doesn’t know why he’s hesitating at all. Finally, his fingers begin to move across the keyboard.

Gladion: good game

It’s a simple and formal acknowledgement, and it isn’t a lie. Luna played well, and she deserves to know. Soon, the words “seen” appear under the message. Gladion waits for a response, but nothing comes. A few moments later, Luna is offline. Gladion sighs and leans back on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling. Nothing. It shouldn’t get on his nerves, but it does. He can’t help but find himself wishing she’d at least reply, and he doesn’t know why.

Without thinking, Gladion finds himself opening up his phone again. He rereads her bio once – then twice, for good measure. Worlds 2018, Top 8. For some reason, he finds himself curious. Luna Kajiba. He definitely remembers the name from something, and not just Rising Star. He’d recognized it even back then on the brackets. But even so, he has no clue why he decides that she’s worth looking into. He has other opponents to face, after all. And it’s not like Luna is particularly memorable – he’s beaten plenty of other people in a similar fashion, and it didn’t stick with him in anyway. But regardless, he’s intrigued.

Before Gladion can stop himself, he’s typing her name into the search engine, along with “pokemon vgc.” The first thing that comes up is the link on the Pokemon website, which shows her team and results alongside the rest of the players from Worlds last year. That’s not of interest to him. The thing that he really cares about is the stream. Somebody posted her match from the Top 8 of VGC. The video is short – only 20 minutes long. Extremely short for a VGC match. Whoever had beaten her must have been exceptionally good. Then he squints at the thumbnail, and smacks himself in the head. Of course. That’s why he remembers. Worlds, 2018. Luna Kajiba was his quarterfinal opponent, and the one he absolutely devastated.

It wasn’t a memorable battle, so Gladion isn’t surprised he forgot all about her. He is surprised that he now has the sudden urge to do something about it. It’s not like him to feel remorse after a battle, yet he feels the need to take some sort of action, whether it be an apology or a simple question – does she remember him, and did she just not say anything? He doesn’t know why it matters, either, but it does.

Maybe he’s remembering the first time he battled Moon. Konikoni Regionals, 2015, Seniors Division. Moon had just turned 12, Gladion was 14. She’d absolutely crushed him. But afterwards, she gave him a small smile and told him he had played well. At the time, he’d still felt angry and frustrated with himself, and had stomped off the stage with his head down and hands in his pockets. That was the first time. The second time they battled had been a short one, during the lunch period one day at school. He’d recognized her immediately in the hallway, and Hau had brought the three of them together into a little group. She won again, as she did every single time they battled.

Gladion should be mad at her – he should hate Moon, for always beating him. But the way she acknowledges him with a smile, regardless of well poorly he did, after each battle… it makes it impossible. Maybe that’s what pushes him to do the same for Luna – not just for today’s match, but for their round in Rising Star, and their round at Worlds.

But it seems clear Luna wants nothing to do with him. And to be honest, Gladion isn’t sure he does either. Still, he can’t help but wonder who she is and what she’s like, or something like that. And there’s no harm… His finger hovers over the blue button beneath her profile. What the hell is he doing? But there’s nothing wrong in wanting team reports. Based on the fact they’d matched up in both of the online tournaments Gladion has entered this year, he can assume their battles will only be more frequent as the season goes on, especially with them both being in the same Internats Zone. With her account on private mode, there’s no way for him to view her posts without following her. So that’s exactly what he does.

He presses the stupid blue button his finger has been hovering over for a moment too long and waits.

Two hours later, his phone buzzes.

@lunaa.kajiba has accepted your follow request

Another thirty seconds, and it vibrates once more.

@lunaa.kajiba has requested to follow you

Of all the things to happen today, nothing surprises Gladion more than the fact that when he opens Instagram, he clicks accept without hesitation. Maybe… maybe he was wrong. It’s time to see what this SailorLunala is all about.

i tried to code it but idk if i’ll keep doing it, it’s very annoying, especially since the texting only gets more frequent from here on out 😛 also you can’t do underlines (or at least it didn’t work for me) which sucks but oh well 😛 hope you guys like it! chapters only get longer from here on out.

January 31, 2020 1:02 pm

January 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Well, at least the text looks different.
It is good to see a Gladion POV.

January 31, 2020 10:52 pm

😀

February 3, 2020 5:45 am

yesssss insta interactions 😛 and also totally not weird searching your soul mate up

✧ vouch for foxie! ✧

January 30, 2020 11:36 am

heckadoodle

might write a pokefic soon – which pokemon should i use as the protagonist? aaaaa i’m so indecisive D:

January 31, 2020 2:44 am

oof same

January 31, 2020 8:00 am
Reply to  Bluebellsponge

oof lol

January 31, 2020 3:33 am

Welcome Glitchie!

I must admit, I did not expect to see you around here. It is always good to have more Pokémon friends with you.
As for the protagonist for your fan-fic, any one you want!
Most of the time, one’s favorite Pokémon is the best. It makes writing easier.
Or you can take a Pokémon you know well, showing off all of its secrets.
One approach that works really, really well is using Pokémon from one of your past teams. You love them and you know them.

Hope that helps,

January 31, 2020 8:01 am

Thanks for the welcome and the advice! <3

January 31, 2020 7:51 pm

hey glitchie! 😀 and sorry but i’m indecisive too so i can’t help you rip lol

those fricken chickens

February 1, 2020 10:47 am

lol

January 31, 2020 10:52 pm

Welcome to the Pokémon page! 😀 I’m Moon, I mostly post chapters of my fanfiction (usually daily, unless they aren’t modded for a long time) 😀

February 1, 2020 10:47 am

Thanks!!

January 31, 2020 10:12 am

DISHONOR

A DESPERATE RACE TO SAVE THE WORLD.

For many years, the Elemental World have been at peace. Hidden away from humans and inhabited by Pokemon who have learned to work in harmony with each other by forming Tribes according to their element (I know in Pokemon they call it Types but doesn’t Element sound so much cooler?), all was well and united, until a tyrant came. He was seeking to harness the core energy inside a sacred altar called the Altar of Hope. It is said that the core energy inside the Altar of Hope can greatly enhance one’s power, at the cost of one’s sanity. If the tyrant harnessed the core energy inside the Altar, all hope will be lost. That is why the Shadow Assassins were formed, a band of Dark Element Pokemon that specialized in fighting the tyrant’s forces. They’re in a desperate race to save the world, and they’re losing… until the Shadow Assassins’ prophet predicted a Zoroark, so clever and cunning, would arrive to the world and turn the tides of battle. There’s only one problem – she’s on the wrong side.

This will be a thread for the story, chapters will be posted in reply to this thread ^^

IMPORTANT PLACES

– Shadow Assassins’ Base (South of the Altar of Hope)
– The Tyrant’s Palace (Outside the Elemental World’s territory)
– The Grove (East of the Altar of Hope, located in Plant Tribe’s territory)
– The Moon Prison (North of the Altar of Hope, located on top of a hill in Ice Tribe’s territory)
– Guardian Pokemon’s Base (West of the Altar of Hope)
– Nevermore (Outside the Elemental World’s territory)

IMPORTANT CHARACTER LIST (background characters not included)

Shadow Assassins

DREAMHAUNTER – Darkrai
CRYSTAL – Froslass
SNATCH – Drifloon

END OF POST ONE: INFORMATION

January 31, 2020 7:15 pm

This sounds good!!!
Have fun writing Glitchie!

P.S.
If you do Not like me calling you Glitchie, please tell me so I can stop.

February 1, 2020 10:44 am

Nah, it’s fine!

January 31, 2020 7:50 pm

oooh yes yesssss i love it 😀
can’t wait!

those fricken chickens

February 1, 2020 10:44 am

thank you!! i’ll start writing the prologue today 🙂

February 1, 2020 10:45 am

Also, thanks so much!! ^^

January 31, 2020 9:02 pm

nice 😄

February 1, 2020 10:45 am
Reply to  Bluebellsponge

thanks!!

January 31, 2020 10:51 pm

Sounds so cool! Can’t wait to read it 😀

February 1, 2020 10:45 am

Thank you!! c:

February 1, 2020 10:46 am

Also I think I’ll post the chapters in separate posts just in case this gets lost in a flood of replies, but I’ll still include the character list and a link to the page that this post is on 🙂

Mistystream