8,011 Replies to “Pokemon Discussion Page”

1. July 1, 2020 at 3:46 am

Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu annoys me. It’s realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overly cute and I like that part but I just don’t like the story y’know? Like, it’s so bland because it is literally the theme of every Pokemon game hahaaaaaaaa

BLM

• July 1, 2020 at 3:56 am

that’s fair, but it’s based on the original kanto games, which is the formula that every other game follows, so… 😛

2. July 1, 2020 at 3:47 am

OMG! I got a Gigantamax Toxtricity in Pokémon Sword! It is so cool!

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢᴊᴀʏ

• July 1, 2020 at 3:56 am

nice! 😀 i have a couple of them too, it’s a really great g-max pokemon and probably one of my favorites 🙂

July 1, 2020 at 4:37 am

Yeah! G-max toxtrisity (oof spelled so wrong) is so cool!

3. July 1, 2020 at 3:48 am

i’m posting this kinda late sorry guys

also i don’t like this chapter at all but it’s important so oh well

Chapter 4: Feint

Gladion definitely regrets adding Luna to the group chat. He’d take a spam set of DMs from her over whatever this monstrosity is anyday. It only got worse as the days went on.

Hau: lunaaaaaaaaaa

Luna: what?

Hau: let’s play get to know you
    everybody answers these questions

Moon: oh no

Luna: should i be concerned

Gladion: absolutely yes

Hau: HEY
    Glads and Moon you have to answer them too 😛

Gladion: absolutely not

Hau: pleaseeeee?

Gladion: …fine

Hau: YAY
    okay
    here are the questions
    Favorite pokemon
    Favorite type
    What color is your DS
    Trick room or tailwind
    Swords dance or calm mind
    What is your name origin (real and online)
    Xerneas or Yveltal
    Kyogre or Groudon
    Best gen 7 starter
    Okay that’s it

Moon: but that’s a lot

Gladion: what kind of questions are those

Hau: HEY THAT’S MEAN

Luna: 1. Absol
    2. Psychic
    3. Purple
    4. Tailwind
    5. Swords dance
    6. Luna because idk and SailorLunala because Sailor Moon and also Lunala is best legendary
    7. Xerneas it’s majestic
    8. Kyogre because it’s blue
    9. Popplio/Primarina

Hau: whoa you fast
    GLADS HER FAVORITE POKEMON IS A DARK TYPE I SHIP IT

Gladion: just shut up already it’s not gonna happen
    silvally
    dark
    black
    tr
    sd
    not saying
    yveltal
    groudon
    incineroar

Moon: glads you can’t skip 6 that’s cheating
    Rowlet
    ALL OF THEM (okay fine grass or poison)
    Galaxy
    BOTH 😀
    Calm mind
    Idk and because Cresselia is amazing and so are flowers
    Xerneas
    Idk i might run them both
    ROWLET IS MY CHILD

Hau: he’s skipping because he doesn’t want to admit he’s named AFTER A FLOWER
    HE’S NAMED AFTER A FRICKIN FLOWER

Gladion: i hate you

Luna: oh my god
    that’s amazing
    The edgelord himself is named after a flower 😛

Gladion: i will kick you off this chat

Luna: you wouldn’t dare 🙁

Gladion: yes i would so shut up now

Luna: okayyyyyy

And that is the only way Gladion can stop Luna from joining Moon and Hau in teasing him about practically everything. Currently, Gladion is entering in damage calculations as he works on his Silvally team. His phone buzzes repeatedly, and he ignores it. He has no interest in the shenanigans of the group chat at the moment – or at all, actually. But after figuring out his Gigalith’s EV spread, he decides it’s time for a break. Gladion is surprised – pleasantly surprised, not that he’d admit it – that the messages he has are from Luna, and not the group chat.

Luna: heard you liked silvally 😛

Gladion: what

Luna: the first of many:

Beneath the message is a drawing of Silvally. And then another. And then another. Soon enough, Gladion has over 10 shared posts in his messages.

Luna: idk they reminded me of you

Oh.

Gladion: thanks
    might not like it as much if it backfires at regionals tho

Luna: oh

Gladion: i was joking don’t worry

Luna: okay

Neither of them says anything for a moment, but another message pops up.

Luna: well, how’s the team coming along?

Gladion bites his lip, and looks back up at his computer screen. The Showdown Teambuilder is open, and only four of his six team slots are filled. So… not great, considering he only has 5 days left until Regionals. In fact, that’s really, really bad.

Gladion: hard
    bad
    Idk
    Not great, i guess

Luna: oh
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, i’m struggling too
    But we have a deal and we can’t call it off

Gladion: never

Then he finds himself sucked into a conversation with Luna about their teams, the building process, and the stress of live events. He finds it easy to talk to her, actually. Surprisingly. As long as Hau and Moon aren’t around, she doesn’t bother making fun of him. Instead, it’s just the two of them talking through their issues. That’s just how he likes it.

At one point, he’s tempted to ask about Worlds 2018. What she remembers – if anything, considering she hadn’t made a comment when he’d brought it up on the group chat the other day. A part of him wishes she had recognized his name – he doubts it, but for some reason, he finds himself wishing she remembered. He doesn’t know why. So instead, he keeps the conversation on safer topics.

But then Luna asks, and Gladion isn’t quite sure how to respond.

Luna: idk how to say this, but did you actually remember me from worlds?

He freezes up for a moment. Should he be honest? He’d looked her up – there’s no way he would have remembered otherwise. He battles too many people to keep track of every opponent. What he types is a mix of both the truth and a lie.

Gladion: it took a while, but i guess i did. Your name was familiar, but it took me sometime to remember where from
    What about you?

He waits a moment for her reply, and nothing comes. She’s typing for a second, and then it’s marked as seen as she goes offline. And Gladion has no clue what to think. What did I do this time? He thinks, sighing, he waits a few minutes. Maybe she had to go do something really quick. But it definitely gets on his nerves when somebody leaves a conversation without saying anything, and he finds himself typing a string of messages and sending them.

Gladion: hello?
    You still here?
    shoot luna what did i do
    can you please reply
    What the heck is wrong

Sighing, Gladion forces himself to place his phone down. If she’s gone, she won’t seem them until later anyways. There’s no point. He takes a deep breath, clenching his jaw, and leans back in his chair, staring up at the ceiling. He really wants to do something. But instead, he forces himself to wait.

It’s twenty minutes later when his phone buzzes again, and he jumps at the sound. It’s Luna.

Luna: shoot sorry
    shoot i did not mean to leave like that

Gladion grits his teeth, and forces himself to take a deep breath. He really needs to calm down. But at the same time, why did she just leave like that? He knows it’s stupid – petty, even. But still, he can’t help himself. He lets his fingers fly across the keyboard at a record speed, and presses send.

Gladion: twenty minutes
    twenty minutes?
    what the heck, Luna?
    WHAT DID I DO?

Luna: i’m really sorry
    Really really really sorry
    My sister started screaming from the barn because valor was colicing
    Though you probably have no clue what the even means
    Shoot i’m sorry
    Just like really really really stressed right now
    Basically one of my horses is probably gonna die and idk i’m kinda freaking out because my parents aren’t home and yeah

His heart practically stops when he reads the third line. Any anger fades away immediately, replaced with worry. When he reads the last message, he clenches his jaw.

Gladion: well um maybe i can try and help?
    did you call the vet?

Luna: yeah it’s supposed to be twenty minutes
    crap i’m so stupid why didn’t i notice
    And i’m willing to take any advice at this point

Gladion: shoot shoot shoot well okay is your sister with the horse

He doesn’t think about how much he might be confusing Luna. Instead, all he can think about what they usually do at the clinic when they have a colicing horse. Lillie’s especially good with dealing with horses when they’re stressed, unlike him. But he forces himself to focus and continues typing.

Gladion: either way you need to get down there
    If it isn’t too bad just walk it around but if its in pain stop
    Keep it away from food or water
    Take the levels like heart rate and respiratory
    Stop it from rolling especially if it’s in a stall
    Just keep it calm until the vet arrives
    The best thing is to stay out of the way incase it tries to injure you but you have to keep it calm or things are going to get worse

Luna: okay i’m going

Gladion knows he’s going to make some stupid mistake and bring up Mohn. He knows he will. So instead, he sends her the link to the Aether Clinics page on colic so she can read up about it. He wonders if she’ll notice the similarities between the website name and his own, and she does.

Luna: this is your family’s website?

Gladion: yeah
    Just go down to the horse for me and take care of it until the vet arrives

Luna: okay okay well thanks for the advice

Gladion: sure

Luna: okay well i’ll keep you posted, but i’m going to go help silv now

Gladion: okay and good luck

Luna: thanks

She goes offline a moment later, and Gladion puts his phone down again. At this point, he doesn’t know what to think of Luna anymore. She cares about the horse, for sure. He really wishes he could be there and do something. But there’s nothing he can do, so he instead returns to his team building.

Hopefully, the advice he gave her will be enough. And hopefully it would be enough to make his father proud.

i hate it so much gahhhh the only chapter that’s worse is probably 14? but there are a lot of other things and random scenes in this fic that i don’t like, so… 😛 i’ll be redoing it one day lol but not now 😛

anyways, we get some real VGC action next chapter and the one after, and a little less ship-centric! hope you guys are liking so far! 😀

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrost) 🐍❄️
      July 1, 2020 at 3:52 am

mooooon why do you hate it, i love it?? <333

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• July 1, 2020 at 3:55 am

awww thank you <3333

mostly because i don't like how i write gladion in a lot of this fic? especially this chapter?? and in certain scenes during 2019 worlds it's annoying bc it's out of character and gah idk 😛 but i feel like i'm a lot better now, so i think that's a huge part of it. like if i just look at the fic i wrote RIGHT (like a half a month) before this one and read the last chapter, and then compare it to the last chapter of this fic, i can easily see the difference and improvement in my writing, so… 😛

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrost) 🐍❄️
          July 1, 2020 at 6:13 pm

oh gosh that’s a mood

sometimes i find it easier to stay in character if i find a song to ground their personality? if that makes sense? like a song that just resonates as “them” that makes it easier to write in their character. <333

and i'm glad you're able to see the improvement! it's often hard to judge improvement in writing till you've written enough to look back on it XD

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• July 1, 2020 at 6:59 pm

okay but the songs that represent gladion are all just like… emo edgy music 😛

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrost) 🐍❄️
              July 1, 2020 at 7:06 pm

is he emo-ness personified? XD
              for edgy characters you just gotta remember the golden rule: wwsd? what would scourge do?
              “tHeRe’S iCe iN mY vEiNs” x 1000

okay okay in all seriousness maybe you could look for one of those character questionaires online? there’s a bunch of free ones that help you get to know aspects of your characters you hadn’t considered yet.
              they helped me with my character smoke since after writing five scenes with him i realized he was just chameleon-ing to whatever the plot demanded 😛 i think gladion’s already way more fleshed out than that but it might help you write him in a way that you feel you’re currently missing, if that makes any sense? <3

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• July 1, 2020 at 8:14 pm

i guess the problem is less that i don’t know how to write him, since he’s fine in most fics, but i just screwed up with him during worlds in this fic because stuff needed to happen and i didn’t know how else to make it happen without him being slightly out of character 😛

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrost) 🐍❄️
                  July 1, 2020 at 8:30 pm

when the story stuff’s gotta happen, its gotta happen XD

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• July 1, 2020 at 8:36 pm

also, nobody is one thing all the time, and a good OC will change and develop and seem different as the story progresses, even if only for a scene or two <3

Your very own nerd is present.

• July 1, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Yeah, this is really good!

• Leafpaw/growl
      July 1, 2020 at 4:06 am

It’s great! I love it! If it’s good now your writing must be book worthy by now!

July 1, 2020 at 4:42 am

Go Psychic! The best type! *Ignores the possibly dying horse*

July 1, 2020 at 4:13 pm

And I’m gonna answer Hau’s question thing for no reason!
        Favorite pokemon: tie between Latias and Mew
        Favorite type: Psychic
        What color is your DS: Pink
        Trick room or tailwind: idk, trick room I guess. I made a trick room team for fun once
        Swords dance or calm mind: calm mind because swords dance BETRAYED ME
        What is your name origin: Bloompaw because it sounded nice and there weren’t that many warriors that had the Bloom-suffix and Savalion8 because I like lions and was 8 years old when I made the name
        Xerneas or Yveltal: Xerneas
        Kyogre or Groudon: Kyogre because is Alpha Sapphire’s mascot and I like that game more then Omega Ruby
        Best gen 7 starter: LITTEN!!!!!!!!

July 1, 2020 at 5:13 pm

Oof wrote “Bloom-suffix” instead of Bloom-prefix. Oof

• July 1, 2020 at 7:05 pm

me too, then, though my answers are basically the same as luna’s 😛

Favorite pokemon: Sylveon, Absol
          Favorite type: fairy
          What color is your DS: purple
          Trick room or tailwind: eh probably trick room? never used a tailwind team tho
          Swords dance or calm mind: swords dance
          What is your name origin (real and online): obviously we’re only talking online here but uh honestly idk, i just liked it 😛
          Xerneas or Yveltal: xerneas, best legendary don’t @ me
          Kyogre or Groudon: kyogre
          Best gen 7 starter: primarina!

July 1, 2020 at 7:11 pm

Xerneas is beautiful

• Rainpaw/song
            July 2, 2020 at 4:55 pm

My fav pokemon is also sylveon and absol!

• July 3, 2020 at 12:56 pm

I will too!
        Favorite Pokemon: Ninetails
        Favorite Type: geez, this is hard. Water and Dark
        DS color: I don’t own a DS. I own a switch.
        Trick Room or Tailwind: Tailwind. I feel like it is more reliable
        Swords Dance or Calm Mind: Calm Mind. I had a ton of fun sweeping through Sword and Shied with a Chandelure that ran Calm Mind, Psychic, Flamethrower, and Shadow ball. Combining its high special attack, plus Calm mind really helped a lot of battles.
        Name Origin: IDK, I thought Cinderfall sounded cool so, yeah. I don’t pay attention to what I name myself on the switch
        Xerneas or Yveltal: Xerneas, It is beautiful
        Groudon of Kyogre: Kyogre
        Best gen seven starter: Primarina

• July 1, 2020 at 2:21 pm

I love this so much, might be my second-fav (Gladion really opened up this chapter, whoaaaaaaaaaaa)

When Gladion said: “shoot luna what did i do“, I felt that, because someone would actually say that, and somehow, it was super amusing simultaneously cuz I can just imagine Gladion saying that and that is definitely a guy thing to do and heeehee XD

Your very own nerd is present.

• July 1, 2020 at 7:05 pm

(ikr that’s what happens when a horse is dying lol)

yupppp 😛

• 🌼 Pineblossom 🦋
      July 1, 2020 at 11:37 pm

bonding over colicing horse woo! but colicing horse is not fun but whatever 😛

✧ running for sw! ✧

4. July 1, 2020 at 11:21 am

I am going to repost this because as soon as it was moderated, we switched to a new page of comments, so I am 99% sure nobody saw this.

So this is part one of Can I Beat Pokemon Shield With Only a Grookey/Thwackey/Rillaboom. You guys chose that starter, probably just to torture me, (seriously, why must you make me face Leon’s Charizard with just a grass type?) and I got started. Today we are covering the first two gyms, cause that’s as far as I got. I am really excited to start explaining what has happened so far.

So, after a lot of cutscenes, I am presented with the choice to pick a starter, and I obviously choose grookey, who, by the way, Grammarly thinks is rookery. Then, Hop chooses sobble, because he’s an idiot. He then proceeds to challenge me to a pokemon battle, and I ABSOLUTELY DESTROY him. Then, Leon insults me by telling me that I have a lot to learn. He also refuses to let us participate in the gym challenge. Man, the hits just keep on coming. After trying to rescue wooloo and fainting in the slumbering weald, I head on to route one and get started. I immediately run into a rookidee, which I would definitely catch normally because Corvinknight has been a staple in many of my playthroughs so far, but I am forced to faint it. This also happens with many other pokemon. May I have a moment of silence for Blipbug, Yamper, and Galarian Zigzagoon. I also catch a wooloo for double battles and send it to my box. It will only be used in double battles, and because it is level four, it won’t do much. After Sonia askes me to tell this region’s professor with a tree name that I got a Pokedex, even though she appears to already be going there, I head onto route two. After beating up more early game staples, RIP chewtle, I get to Professor Magnolia’s house, I then beat up Hop until Leon agrees to endorse us. We then head to Motosoke but get the wild area instead. After over leveling my grookey until it was a level 25 thwackey, I head to motosoke, where I pick my uniform number 112 and beat up Team Yell’s level nine zigzagoon and nicktit. After the opening ceremony, I beat hop AGAIN, then I head to turrfield, and the first gym. After passing through Galar mine 1, and one-hit killing all of Bede’s pokemon, I arrive in Tuirfield, and after a conversation with Sonia, challenge Milo’s gym. I destroy the gym trainers with my ridiculously over-leveled pokemon and have little trouble with Milo as well. That’s one gym badge under our belt. After reluctantly putting my level four wooloo on my team for a double battle, I put it back in my box and beat up team yell until they go away. I then get a bike, and head over to Hulbury. My grass type thwacky wipes the floor with Nessa’s trainers, and Nessa isn’t any different. Next is Kabu. Being the fire type gym leader, he is the one I am really scared of. After beating Nessa, it’s time to head over to galar mine 2 beat bede, who I, for one moment, just want to point out for a second, has an amazing theme song, and destroy Team Yell again. Can stuff get a little harder, please? Anyway, after a short encounter with Kabu, I head over to the Budew Drop inn to rest up before the big event. Tomorrow I will face the Man of Fire, Kabu.

I hope you enjoy, I will be back soon with more stuff!

Grammarly’s interpretation of pokemon stuff:

Grookey: Rookery
    Sobble: Cobble, Wobble, or Sobbed
    Wooloo: Wool or Woohoo
    Rookidee: Rookie
    Yamper: Yammer
    Chewtle: Chewable
    Thwakey: Thwaked
    Zigzagoon: zigzag on
    Turfield: Muirfield, Fairfield, Burfield, and Garfield

5. July 1, 2020 at 12:56 pm

So, after a lot of cutscenes, I am presented with the choice to pick a starter, and I obviously choose grookey, who, by the way, Grammarly thinks is rookery. Then, Hop chooses sobble, because he’s an idiot. He then proceeds to challenge me to a pokemon battle, and I ABSOLUTELY DESTROY him. Then, Leon insults me by telling me that I have a lot to learn. He also refuses to let us participate in the gym challenge. Man, the hits just keep on coming. After trying to rescue wooloo and fainting in the slumbering weald, I head on to route one and get started. I immediately run into a rookidee, which I would definitely catch normally because Corvinknight has been a staple in many of my playthroughs so far, but I am forced to faint it. This also happens with many other pokemon. May I have a moment of silence for Blipbug, Yamper, and Galarian Zigzagoon. I also catch a wooloo for double battles and send it to my box. It will only be used in double battles, and because it is level four, it won’t do much. After Sonia askes me to tell this region’s professor with a tree name that I got a Pokedex, even though she appears to already be going there, I head onto route two. After beating up more early game staples, RIP chewtle, I get to Professor Magnolia’s house, I then beat up Hop until Leon agrees to endorse us. We then head to Motosoke but get the wild area instead. After over leveling my grookey until it was a level 25 thwackey, I head to motosoke, where I pick my uniform number 112 and beat up Team Yell’s level nine zigzagoon and nicktit. After the opening ceremony, I beat hop AGAIN, then I head to turrfield, and the first gym. After passing through Galar mine 1, and one-hit killing all of Bede’s pokemon, I arrive in Tuirfield, and after a conversation with Sonia, challenge Milo’s gym. I destroy the gym trainers with my ridiculously over-leveled pokemon and have little trouble with Milo as well. That’s one gym badge under our belt. After reluctantly putting my level four wooloo on my team for a double battle, I put it back in my box and beat up team yell until they go away. I then get a bike and head over to Hulbury. My grass type thwacky wipes the floor with Nessa’s trainers, and Nessa isn’t any different. Next is Kabu. Being the fire type gym leader, he is the one I am really scared of. After beating Nessa, it’s time to head over to galar mine 2 beat bede, who I want to point out, has an amazing theme song, and destroy Team Yell again. Can stuff get a little harder, please? Anyway, after a short encounter with Kabu, I head over to the Budew Drop inn to rest up before the big event. Tomorrow I will face the Man of Fire, Kabu.

I hope you enjoy, I will be back soon with more stuff!

Grammarly’s interpretation of pokemon stuff:

Grookey: Rookery
    Sobble: Cobble, Wobble, or Sobbed
    Wooloo: Wool or Woohoo
    Rookidee: Rookie
    Yamper: Yammer
    Chewtle: Chewable
    Thwakey: Thwaked
    Zigzagoon: zigzag on
    Turfield: Muirfield, Fairfield, Burfield, and Garfield.

July 1, 2020 at 5:12 pm

“Can stuff get a little harder please”-Cinderpaw
      Maybe Kabu might deliver that

6. July 1, 2020 at 2:27 pm

My new favorite Pokemon is Primarina.

This happened when I was playing Pokemon Sun, which had been sitting, neglected, for a long time as I’d already finished Moon so I didn’t see much of a point, and my starter evolved into Primarina. Somehow, having it for myself rather than just seeing my brother Sprucepaw’s Primarina made me like it a bazillion times more. And Sparkling Aria is probably another reason why Primarina became my favorite Pokemon, because I love the pose it makes and what happens with its hair-like, coral-like stuff on its head when it uses that move (Sprucepaw unfortunately lost his chance to give his that move, so I didn’t even know about Sparkling Aria until now)! Plus, there’s been a decline in how much I like Vaporeon — I still love it, don’t get me wrong, but Idk whether it’s still my ultimate favorite Eeveelution, and somehow Primarina beats the Eeveelutions and I’m not quite sure how (XD)! It’s definitely in Primarina’s favor that it’s a Fairy-Type and a Water-Type, as my tied favorite Pokemon types are Dark and Fairy and my second-favorite types are Water and Dragon!

Your very own nerd is present.

July 1, 2020 at 5:10 pm

Primarina (while not my favorite pokemon) is pretty cool!

• July 1, 2020 at 5:23 pm

GO PRIMARINA!!

she was my starter (yes it was a she)

I am Queen 👑
      Not Lapisdapple

July 1, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Oh wow. Lucky

• July 1, 2020 at 7:06 pm

i soft resetted 8 times for a female one in USUM 😛

• July 2, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Yeah, one of my best pokemon moments was when I was choosing my sobble as my starter and I totally freaked out when I realized it was female when I realized it was female.

• July 1, 2020 at 8:15 pm

mine is male

WHY CAN’T MOST POKEMON GENDER RATIOS BE 50/50 — IT MAKES NO SENSE, MAN XD

…then again, when is Pokemon realistic? not very often 😛

I just wish the people who made the games didn’t think that 11-year-old boys — the majority of people who play Pokemon — want male starters. I don’t think most of the boys care whether they have male or female starters.

Your very own nerd is present.

• July 1, 2020 at 7:06 pm

primarina is awesome! definitely my favorite starter of all time, and i’ve used one in two different playthroughs now 🙂 fairy is my favorite type, too, which definitely helps! but it’s super cool! 😀

• 🌼 Pineblossom 🦋
      July 1, 2020 at 11:39 pm

ugh i have to argue in rowlet/decidueye’s favor sorry 😛 i love ghost immunity to normal and it’s a pretty balanced out typing, and grass has some pretty strong moves as an elemental type, and rowlet is a bean, dartrix looks so chic and decidueye just looks awesome ok i love my decidueye 😛

✧ running for sw! ✧

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
        July 2, 2020 at 2:25 am

yesssss rowlet/decidueye!! its my fav starter

i see moky

• July 2, 2020 at 2:46 am

That is completely fair. 🙂

Your very own nerd is present.

July 2, 2020 at 4:43 pm

I saw Dartrix open his eye once. I’m still scarred

7. Bloompaw
    July 1, 2020 at 10:51 pm

I’m bored and I can’t play wonderlocke because I’m about to go eat soooooo…random question time! Which main series pokemon game do you think has the best story? I probably think Black/White 2 have the best story, because of the whole resurgence of Team Plasma thing. I also think sun and moon have pretty good stories too. Now, if we’re including spin offs then by far the best story in a pokemon game is Explorers of Sky. I cried watching my brother’s file at the end, and I cried even more on my own. Every time I watch that ending…it’s so SAD! Darkness and Time have the same ending but Sky has special episodes and OH MY GOSH SOME OF THEM ARE SOOOO SAD. I just wish Sword and Shield had good stories…

• July 1, 2020 at 11:19 pm

confession time: i haven’t played the bw or bw2 games. i’m absolutely dying too, but i haven’t had a chance to buy them yet. but i’ve heard VERY good things about the story and uh… i read the bulbapedia article on it to educate myself? 😛 i tried lol

but because of my intense bias and love for all things gladion, i’m going with sun and moon 😛 ultra sun/moon may be overall better games, but my arceus did they BUTCHER the storyline. it’s just like… no. please no. my precious aether siblings lose all their development and personality and it’s just like… why :((( the lunar hearts canon story for gladion, lillie, and moon (this is all before they meet luna and obviously NOT canon in rematch) is the ultra sun/moon storyline, except that lusamine is still obsessed with alien jellyfish, still gets possessed, almost dies, and THEN they have to save the world from necrozma bc lusamine messed that one up too 😛 and she’s still the horrid parent that she was in sun/moon, and she still tortured type null and she still tortured nebby and-
      k i need to stop. i have FAR too many feelings regarding the gen 7 storylines 😛 but anyways, sun/moon for me! but i’m not exactly qualified to answer, because i haven’t played black and white or black 2 white 2, so… 😛
      also i’m biased? did i mention i’m biased? i’m very, very biased 😛

edit: that is a lot of 😛 faces

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrost) 🐍❄️
        July 1, 2020 at 11:20 pm

for some reason i think you might be biased

bow to bob, our ruler and king

July 1, 2020 at 11:32 pm

Not sure why, but I also think she might be biased

• July 2, 2020 at 12:12 am

how dare you? :(((

July 2, 2020 at 1:37 am

I’m sorry! ): if it’s any condolence I do that crime all the time (pls don’t arrest me)

• July 2, 2020 at 12:12 am

never. never, ever, ever. how dare you assume such a crime? i am deeply insulted :(((

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrostpaw) 🐍❄️
            July 2, 2020 at 12:32 am

:C

bow to bob, our ruler and king

July 1, 2020 at 11:33 pm

Yeah, they completely butchered the storyline in USUM (ultra sun ultra moon)

• July 2, 2020 at 12:13 am

ikr, but at least the ultra necrozma battle was decently challenging 😛

July 2, 2020 at 1:36 am

Yeah….I remember when one of my friends just couldn’t beat it, and I just came in and beat it on my first try. I’m pretty sure that’s the only time I’ve ever beaten ultra necrosma first try. I only won because their Furfrou (yes they were using that) had sucker punch.

• 🌼 Pineblossom 🦋
        July 1, 2020 at 11:42 pm

ALL THE 😛 FACES ARE IN A LINE ON MY LAPTOP

✧ running for sw! ✧

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ 🏳️‍🌈 Starspring
      July 1, 2020 at 11:31 pm

For main series: I say BW because I have replayed Black the most solely because I like the story and hhhh the ending has made me cry more than once- (the sequels are also very good, but I feel BW has a better story). I wish Sword and Shield had better stories, I haven’t exactly beaten Shield yet but I’ve seen enough to have some form of judgement

Including spin offs: Every single time I play EoS I always cry at the end of the last two chapters because of you-know-what. Darkness and Time are the same but I think EoS is better as it has the special episodes and the sky peak quest (was it called sky peak? I cannot remember). Super mystery dungeon and gates to infinity were also pretty good but EoS topples them (GtI really could’ve been better but SMD was closer to EoS than the rest imo)

Daffiolet tho

July 2, 2020 at 12:12 am

Yes….ITS SO SAD!!! I haven’t beaten black or white so I don’t know the story that well. Super Mystery Dungeon and Gates To Infinity we’re both really good (gates gets bias points as it was my first mystery dungeon game) but Sky is in a league of its own….its just so…so sad….those last two chapters, and special episode 5. even special episode 2 (I think, the one with Igglybuff) had a really sad moment

• July 2, 2020 at 12:13 am

sword and shield have a terrible story 🙁

July 2, 2020 at 1:34 am

Much yes

• July 2, 2020 at 12:34 pm

I am not qualified to say because I have only played two games.

July 2, 2020 at 4:42 pm

Out of the two games you played which one do you think has the better story or were the two games you played in the same group

• July 3, 2020 at 1:01 pm

I played sword and shield and then let’s go Pikachu and Eevee. So basically a choice between Galar and Kanto. The Kanto story is slightly better, but overall, I like sword and shield more. I feel like the entire game is more challenging. Plus, I love the wild area.

8. July 2, 2020 at 12:09 am

is it just me, or is viper modding most of my chapters? 😛 viper i summon thee

Chapter 5: Explosion

It was early Friday morning, and Gladion was skipping school. He was skipping school to play a video game, just like he’d been doing for the past 5 years. If any teacher had dare challenged him by saying Pokemon was for little kids, he would have wasted no time in challenging them to a VGC Doubles match and outclassing their every move – but thankfully, it hadn’t come to that yet. None of his teachers seemed to care at all, actually. Maybe they just knew better than to mess with him – or his family, to be more realistic.

Gladion had been to so many regionals over the years he’d practically lost count. Yet he couldn’t help but feel terribly unprepared. He and Hau had just checked into the hotel room, and Gladion’s mind was completely on his team. Silvally, Lunala, Celesteela, Groudon, Tapu Koko, and Gigalith. They were all common choices in the metagame – except for Silvally. In fact, Gladion could be pretty sure nobody had won any CP with Silvally at all – or at the least, in a very long time. So what made him believe he could win Regionals with such a mediocre Pokemon? To be completely honest, Gladion was pretty darn sure he was going to lose. For many people, Regionals was the biggest event they would go to all year. For him, it was just one small step in the road to Worlds. Maybe it was his record – Worlds Top 4, Zone 3 IC Runner Up. Maybe that was why part of him wanted to believe he stood a chance. Gladion could only hope his experience would carry him through the weekend.

Later that afternoon, he passed over his team list, the battle team locked for the weekend. There would be no changes from here on out. So he and Hau buckled down in their hotel room with instant ramen noodles and their 3DS’s plugged into the wall outlet, hunched over their tiny screens running through battle after battle, while their classmates back at home were drilling themselves through math problem after math problem. Gladion quite preferred this, actually. Math was easy, but VGC forced him to be consistently thinking and outplaying his opponent. It was harder, and more rewarding. Five years ago, he’d started playing just to get an escape – and escape from the life he really didn’t want to be living. Gladion quite preferred his own predicament, actually. Math was easy, but in VGC, he was consistently using his head to out think his opponents.

It was a good distraction, and when he had started playing 5 years ago, that was all it was meant to be. A distraction – or a getaway, almost – from the mess his life had become. Half a decade later, he’s thoroughly sucked in. VGC is his life at this point, which is why he finds himself still up at 1 am the night before Regionals.

But hey – if it’s going to make him and Silvally do better during the competition, then it’s all worth it.

The next day, Gladion breezes through his first three Swiss matches, leaving him with the record of 3-0. But with six more matches to go, he knows he can’t get too confident. He needs at least 7-2 to make Day 2, and get a chance of scoring some CP.

His strategy is simple. Silvally and Lunala get sent out first. If the opponent’s leads are fragile, Silvally can use Explosion on turn one. Otherwise, he can fire off an attack or use Parting Shot and switch out. Lunala’s Shadow Shield ability allows it to take an attack nicely, and it’ll set up Trick Room, while Gigalith can replace Silvally and prepare to sweep. With minimum speed IVs and EVs, Gigalith has an extremely low speed stat, and it’s practically guaranteed to move first under Trick Room conditions. The strategy is simple, yet all of Gladion’s opponents fail to predict his moves. The surprise on their face when Silvally explodes is the cherry on top.

However, Gladion’s team is versatile. If the opponent has an abundance of steel or ghost types, he’ll lead with Tapu Koko and Groudon instead, and forego Trick Room entirely. Many of his opponents fall to his simple strategy, and Gladion finds himself relatively confident going into his fourth Swiss round against Acerola, a regular from last season. Because Acerola does tend to use at least one ghost type, Gladion skips Silvally for the first game, and it works well. Acerola leads with Lunala, making Gladion glad he made the choice he did.

In the second game, he decides to take a risk. He brings Silvally, and Acerola sends out Smeargle and Xerneas. On the first turn, Xerneas sets up Geomancy, as Gladion would have expected. But Smeargle puts Lunala to sleep, who therefore fails to get Trick Room up. Gladion knows Silvally can’t take a STAB, Fairy Aura boosted, +2 Special Attack Moonblast from Xerneas, so he goes for Explosion. But without Trick Room, Gigalith can’t get a hit in, and Gladion loses Game 2.

He’s remarkably calm, however. He knew Acerola would do well against Silvally, and took the risk because he knew he could afford to. When they go into Team Preview, Gladion finds himself debating his options. Bringing the chimera Pokemon would be risky here, but much more unpredictable. But he decides to play it safe, and goes back to Tapu Koko and Groudon. It works, and while the match is extremely close, Gladion wins, making his record 4-0. It’s his closest battle yet, but he won. Gladion won’t come that close to losing until his undefeated record is finally broken in the 8th round.

Soon enough, Gladion finds all 9 Day 1 Swiss rounds over. He’s 8-1, losing only when he makes the stupid mistake of exploding Silvally against a Pelipper who used Wide Guard. But Gladion is extremely happy with his rounds. Silvally is working, and he’s made Day 2 at Regionals. He can’t believe it, but knows he has to keep practicing.

When Day 2 rolls around, the same results seem to resurface. He breezes through the Swiss rounds once again, with a couple of tight matches, but a Day 2 record of 5-2. It’s good enough to make Top Cut. It takes a moment for Gladion to realize he’s just Top Cutted with Silvally in his team – Silvally, of all Pokemon. He’s even more surprised when he has a single message from Luna, who had clearly watched the stream.

Luna: top cut, nice

Gladion: thanks

He finds it funny how she acts around him. Sometimes she’s closed off, and other times less so. When Valor had coliced, she’d wasted no time in sending him message after message. And sometimes, all he gets is a “nice.” He’s curious why that is, but shrugs the thought away as he checks the brackets for Top Cut. Low and behold, his first opponent is Hau, and they’re playing on stream.

“Ha! You’re going down, Glads!” Hau says confidently. Gladion snorts.

“You wish.” They quickly go their separate ways, each climbing up the stairs to the main stage on their respective sides. Gladion looks up at the huge screen above them, and the adrenaline comes pumping in. He loves playing on stream, and this time, his screen is the one projected on the TV. He wastes no time in putting on his headphones and shaking Hau’s hand, as they go into Team Preview. His headphones cancel out all noise, including the commentators, and Gladion is completely focused on the match. He debates whether to bring Silvally or not, but settles on trying it at least once. Hau’s team is made up of Kartana, Tapu Koko, Alolan-Raichu, Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Porygon2. The higher speeds on his Pokemon makes Gladion sure that he won’t be setting up Trick Room, which proves to be correct when they go into Game 1.

Hau leads with Tapu Koko and Kyogre – a classic combination. Kyogre reverts to its Primal Form, and the rain pouring down makes Tapu Koko’s Thunder 100% accurate. Gladion is tempted to explode Silvally, but he knows Hau expects it. So instead, he switches into Gigalith with a Parting Shot, while Lunala goes for Trick Room. But Hau breaks into a grin when he sees Gigalith come in, and sends a Water Spout from a full HP Kyogre directly into it. In just a single hit, Gigalith goes down, and Gladion is forced to bring in Celesteela, the only other Pokemon on his team that can take advantage of the Trick Room Lunala set up at the cost of its Shadow Shield. But Hau continues to blaze ahead, reading all of Gladion’s moves like a book. Lunala can’t take another attack after the Water Spout and Thunder from the previous turn, so Gladion has it use Malicious Moonraze Maelstrom into Kyogre to get off as much damage as possible before it goes down. But Kyogre uses Protect, and Lunala’s Z-Move does minimal damage before it goes down to another Water Spout. Three turns later, the battle is practically over, and Gladion presses forfeit. He’s impressed – Hau is good, despite the bubbly and relaxed approach he takes to his battles, and becomes serious the second he needs to.

Game Two team preview begins, and Gladion decides to skip Silvally. He brings Tapu Koko and Groudon, and Hau sends out the same Tapu Koko and Kyogre as last time. Groudon loses the speed tie, and the Desolate Land is cancelled out by Kyogre’s Primordial Sea. But Gladion is fine with that, and sends a 100% accurate Thunder from his own Tapu Koko into Kyogre, doing major damage. Hau is forced to do a double switch, bringing in Rayquaza and Porygon2. Predicting that Kyogre would leave the field, Gladion Volt Switches into what is now Rayquaza and brings out Celesteela instead, which makes Hau groan. Game Two plays out in Gladion’s favor the entire time, and despite Groudon missing his Precipice Blades once, he still pulls out a win, and Game Three begins.

Gladion trusts Silvally this time, and he doesn’t know why. But he brings it and Lunala to lead again, while Hau finally switches it up and chooses Raichu and Kartana. Gladion doesn’t know whether Hau is going to expect an Explosion, but he knows this Kartana does not carry Detect, so he takes the risk. Raichu moves first, and sends a Thunderbolt into Lunala, who responds by hitting Kartana with a Moongeist Beam. Kartana uses Leaf Blade into the Silvally slot, probably expecting Gigalith to come in, and Gladion breaks into a small smile when Silvally explodes. Both of Hau’s Pokemon are frail, and just like that, Hau is down to his last two Pokemon.

Hau plays well – Gladion can’t deny that. But after his early lead, there’s no way for Hau to come back, and Gladion wins, guaranteeing him a place in the Top 8. Even better, he’s secured 100 CP, and it’s especially nice to see Silvally earn some as well. Gladion is tempted to try and escape his interview, but finds himself too slow anyways. Instead, he settles for giving the shortest, simplest possible answers.

“Congrats on your win! How are you feeling right now, after such a good game?” The interviewer asks. You ask that everytime, Gladion thinks. He can’t help it.

“Confident, actually. Ready to win my next game,” Gladion replies simply.

“That’s good to hear! Now, tell us a little bit about your team. Silvally isn’t a Pokemon you usually see in the VGC scene, is it? Why did you choose to use it?” As for this question, Gladion expected it, and he’s prepared.

“Silvally is my favorite Pokemon, actually, and a friend suggested I try it out,” he says. The interviewer nods, and asks yet another question.

“What was it like to build a team around such a Pokemon? Was it difficult?” Of course it was, Gladion thinks. But he knows he can’t say that, so he settles on spinning a small lie.

“Groudon has been a part of my teams for most of the season, and Lunala came naturally, as I wanted a ghost type that Silvally could use Explosion next to. Once I chose my restricteds, the rest came pretty easily.” The last part isn’t necessarily true, but nobody needs to know that. Gladion hopes his answers were satisfying enough, and that he can be done soon.

“Well, thank you for your time!” Success. “A huge congratulations to you, and we hope to see you show the same success in the later rounds!” Gladion nods and says a quick “thank you” before walking away quickly. He earns a few congratulations as he walks throughout the room, and spots Hau at the Prize Wall.

“Glads!” Hau whips around, and grins. “Good game!” Gladion smiles weakly as Hau gives him a fist bump, and then picks up an Umbreon plush from the table behind him. “Congrats, and here you go!” He shoves it into Gladion’s hands, who stumbles backwards and can’t help but let out a small laugh.

“You’re actually kidding me. Did you just get this for me?” He asks. Hau beams and nods, while Gladion rolls his eyes. “You’re ridiculous.”

“Hey!” Hau replies stubbornly. “Well, let me at least take a picture!” Gladion freezes and Hau pulls out his phone. Nope, nope, nope. Not happening. He’s quick to cover up the camera with his hand, but he’s too late, and Hau triumphantly pulls his phone away. “Got it!” He shows Gladion the screen, which displays a photo of him covering up half of the camera with his hand, but you can make out him and the Umbreon in the background. He cringes.

“Oh god no,” he mutters.

“And… sent!” Hau says. Gladion clenches his jaw.

“You did not.”

“I did!” Hau is terribly pleased with himself. Gladion is… less so.

“I hate you,” he mutters. He pulls his phone out of his pocket, and finds a handful of messages from various people. There are a few from Lillie, wishing him good luck. The latest one is a congratulations – she’d watched his stream, apparently. But then the announcer says that the quarterfinal matches are up, and Gladion puts his phone away, leaving the rest of the messages unread. He’s still got three more battles to go.

He ends up only playing two, when he loses in the semifinals. But that’s fine with him. 130 CP is a nice, hefty amount, and he’s exceptionally pleased with how Silvally worked out. The tournament is over, and they have to go back to school tomorrow. Gladion is sitting in the passenger seat of his car, while Hau takes his turn driving. By the time they’ll get back, it’ll be almost midnight, and neither of them has started their weekend homework. Maybe Hobbes will let Gladion skip tomorrow.

Finally, Gladion has the chance to check his DMs. He already went through the text messages from some of the other Alolan players – Kiawe, Lana, Mallow, and a few others – who were congratulating him on his placings. When he opens up Instagram, he finds a few messages from followers, and one from Luna. He’s both surprised and not at the same time.

Luna: congrats
    third is rly good

Gladion: thanks

Next to him, Hau is singing – or wailing, more realistically – to whatever pop song is on the radio at the moment. It makes it hard for Gladion to concentrate, as he ponders whether to ask the question that has been burning in his mind for the past two months. Maybe it’s the fatigue or the lack of sleep, but something tells him to just do it. So he does.

Gladion: luna i was wondering

He pauses, and Luna’s icon pops up as online. She’s typing for a brief second.

Luna: yeah?

Right. No more stalling. This is not that hard.

Gladion: dont you hate me for beating you at worlds

There. That wasn’t a big deal, was it? Luna takes a moment to respond, but the screen shows she’s typing, and Gladion waits.

Luna: yeah

Oh. That wasn’t exactly what Gladion was hoping for. Though to be fair, what did he expect? And why does it even matter if she hates him or not? At this point, he doesn’t know how to respond. It seems rude to just leave it on seen, yet that’s exactly what he does. He feels a twinge of regret, but he forces himself to put his phone down, as the car continues to rumble on forwards down the highway.

the children are bonding, gladion’s kicking butt at regionals, all is well… or, at least it will be, for a few more chapters 😛

if you have VGC questions don’t be afraid to ask! i’ll try and help best i can <3 hope you guys enjoyed!

• July 2, 2020 at 12:10 am

haha jokes it’s me this time

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

• July 2, 2020 at 12:10 am

so fast :OOO

also for future chapters make sure to go slow bc i do curse in the original version and i try and clean it up for blogclan but sometimes i’ll miss a thing or two, just a heads up 😛

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrostpaw) 🐍❄️
      July 2, 2020 at 12:11 am

viper hath been summoned

ha gladion wishes he could understand luna
      nobody can fully understand the saltmaster supreme XD

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• July 2, 2020 at 12:14 am

hello there, viper the summoned

well, gladion can get pretty salty too… just over different things 😛 nah he gets salty as heck at internats lol

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrostpaw) 🐍❄️
          July 2, 2020 at 12:32 am

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

SALT TO THE DEATH – SALTFIGHT

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• July 2, 2020 at 12:33 am

oh boy 😛

July 2, 2020 at 12:34 am

So much salt! My tiny apprentice mind can’t handle it (no offense to any other apprentices out there😛)

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
            July 2, 2020 at 2:24 am

oooooooooo😛

i see moky

July 2, 2020 at 12:25 am

Yay! More Hau! I remember going to a tournament (not a pokemon one though, a Smash one) with my brother and I got this adorable sleeping mew plushie. The Umbreon plushie made me think of that mew, and that means this character immediately made me happy 😃. The Umbreon also reminded me of a Kirby plushie I got for a friend at the same tournament

• July 2, 2020 at 12:33 am

hau’s gonna be here a lot, tbh 😛

and that’s so cool! i’ve always wanted to go to a pokemon tournament but they’re obviously not happening now bc of covid and stuff 😛

July 2, 2020 at 1:33 am

YAY!!! HAU!!!!! And I’ve never gotten to go to a pokemon tournament either, but i bet it would be cool. And covid sucks.

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
      July 2, 2020 at 2:23 am

yesss glads is in the next round🎉
      lol oof hau

i see moky

• July 2, 2020 at 5:21 am

I mean he made it to the semifinals and regionals are now over, but sure 😛

• July 2, 2020 at 2:30 am

I did enjoy! Thank you! 😉 More mentions of characters, I like that. It makes the world feel bigger and more lived-in, and I love recognizing the names in the mentions. 😛

I know I give a part I liked most of the time, but here we go again: “‘Ha! You’re going down, Glads!’ Hau says confidently. Gladion snorts. ‘You wish.'” I liked this, and it seemed very Gladion-esque. 😉 Also, I know it was more a form of cockiness than anything, but, every time I read it, I just imagine it being said suuuuuper sarcastically. Ha!

Your very own nerd is present.

• July 2, 2020 at 5:22 am

Thank you, and will do!

Definitely very Gladion of him 😛 he and hau are rivals and best friends, so they talk to each other like that all the time 😛

July 2, 2020 at 4:07 pm

“Next to him, Hau is singing – or wailing, more realistically – to whatever pop song is on the radio at the moment.” I just need to mention how amazing this is. This quote is amazing

• July 2, 2020 at 6:33 pm

i love it too 😛

July 2, 2020 at 7:23 pm

It’s just pure raw beauty

• 🌼 Pineblossom 🦋
      July 2, 2020 at 9:37 pm

ayyy i love reading battles

✧ running for sw! ✧

9. July 2, 2020 at 1:42 am

Welcome to part two of Can You Beat Pokemon Shield With Only a Grookey/Thwackey/Rillaboom.

So, after arriving in motosoke, I proceeded to finally face a challenge courtesy of Marnie’s croagunk. After she killed me two times with venoshock, I head to the wild area. I needed to do a bit of training anyway. And by a bit of training, I mean a lot of training. By the end of the day, my Thwackey-now-Rillaboom had leveled up to level seventy. LEVEL SEVENTY! Anyway, after that, I crushed kabu’s gym because I outsped and O-koed every one of his pokemon. After that, I ended for the day. I know this is a pretty short entry but I thought that a detailed explinaition of me over leveling would be boring. And if you think that over leveling shouldn’t be allowed, sorry, but I don’t care. You are asking me to take on Leon’s Charizard with only a grass type pokemon, and that thing will take my STAB moves for a grain of salt. So you will have to deal with a lot of over leveling.

July 2, 2020 at 1:51 am

Well….that’s…very overleveled of you. I voted for Scorbunny just saying

• July 2, 2020 at 5:19 am

…level SEVENTY??? my goodness 😛

July 2, 2020 at 4:39 pm

Such level

July 2, 2020 at 4:43 pm

Ooooohhhhh-such speed

10. July 2, 2020 at 4:51 pm

Random silly challenge: How long does it take you to find your favorite pokemon that is not gen 8 (those aren’t in it) on the picture above. It took me 33.55 seconds.

• July 2, 2020 at 6:34 pm

like, 7 or 8 seconds? i got it super fast 😛

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
      July 3, 2020 at 1:01 pm

18 seconds😛my fav pokemon is pachirisu!

i see moky

11. July 2, 2020 at 7:20 pm

oh boy it’s luna’s turnnnn

Chapter 6: Snatch

It’s Luna’s second Midseason Showdown of the season, she sincerely hopes she does better this time around. And she has Absol. That’s the weird thing – if you look up Absol on a VGC statistics website, it has a grand total of 0 CP and 00.00% usage. That’s encouraging, isn’t it?

After arriving at 7:00 am in the morning, Luna sits down at her first table of the day, as round 1 of Swiss begins. If she goes 5-1 or better, she should make it into Top Cut. She’ll get at least 25 CP at that point, which isn’t much, but it’s something, unlike Gladion, who won 130 CP at Regionals. Luna immediately scolds herself. Why is she comparing herself to Gladion again? She forces herself to focus, and Swiss Round 1 begins.

As they go into Team Preview, Luna scouts for Tailwind. If they have Tailwind, that would make this thing a whole lot easier. They don’t, and Luna decides to skip the Absol this first round. Instead, she leads with Tapu Lele and Swellow, another unconventional choice on her team. Her opponent sends out Dawn Wings Necrozma and his own Tapu Lele, and Luna gets to work. First, she uses Ally Switch on Tapu Lele. She can only expect a Moongeist Beam into what was the Lele slot, but if she switches in Swellow, the normal and flying type won’t take any damage. As the opposing Tapu Lele sends a Psyshock into what was Swellow and Necrozma moves exactly as she’d expected, Luna can’t help but feel triumphant. Her own Tapu Lele takes it like a champ, and Swellow sends an Air Slash into Necrozma. But then things go downhill. Swellow faints before it can fire off a Boomburst, and Tapu Lele gets hit two more times with Psyshock and goes down as well. Luna’s down to her last two Pokemon, and her opponent still has four.

She narrowly escapes with the win in Game One, her Xerneas and Lunala having to put in a ton of work. Plus, Groudon missed the Precipice Blades on both of them, and Lunala is able to set up the ever crucial Tailwind. Now it’s time for Game Two, and Luna’s heart is racing. She leads with Xernala after the success in the last game, and it proves to be a mistake. Her opponent sweeps her team, and they’re on to Game Three in a flash.

Luna takes the risk and brings Absol to Game Three. It Mega Evolves first turn and uses Role Play into Blissey, gaining the Serene Grace ability. But due to its frailty, one hit from Groudon would probably take it down. Luna prays for the flinch when she has both of her Pokemon go for Rock Slide, and gets it. Both Groudon and Tapu Lele flinch, and Absol lives another turn. But it goes down to a Moonblast from Tapu Lele, and the entire game spirals downhill. It’s only because of hax and pure luck that Luna is able to escape with a 1-0 record, and she grits her teeth as she signs the match slip. After turning it into the box, she leans against the wall and thinks, as she waits for Ottie to return from Starbucks with coffee for them both.

I almost just lost my first round of Swiss. How am I supposed to make Top Cut then? How could I possibly expect to win this entire thing? She lets her gaze flirt around the game store, and quickly establishes she is the most accomplished player in the room. That’s always a good feeling – being expected to win and failing to deliver. It’s been happening a lot this past season. Then she begins to wonder. Why do I even trust Gladion? I hated him for months, and we may not be friends, but we certainly aren’t enemies anymore. Why did I even agree to this? I guess you could say we’re rivals, too. What if he’s trying to screw me up? I wouldn’t put it past him, that’s for sure, Luna thinks, frustrated. She self consciously finds herself clenching her fists, and freezes up when there’s a tap on her shoulder.

“Got the coffee!” It’s Ottie. Luna lets out a sigh of relief and takes the cup from her friend’s hand. “How’d Round 1 go?”

“I’m 1-0.” Luna leaves out how close it was, and certainly doesn’t want to talk about how it’s shaken her all the way to the core. Right. Even if Gladion is trying to mess me up, I better suck it up and deal with it. There’s nothing I can do now except for win.

“That’s good!” Ottie replies. Luna nods halfheartedly. “You’re fine, Luna.” I hope so. Then Swiss Round 2 pairings are up and Luna’s off to check the board, coffee in hand.

She makes it through Swiss, exactly 5-1, and is 8th in the placings. She barely made it, but Luna’s in Top Cut. She’s happy about that, sure, but not so happy with her overall chances of winning. It’s now time for her favorite part – playing on stream. She’s up against a girl named Fern, who she vaguely remembers from last season. Luna sits down at the table, puts on her headphones, and shakes her opponent’s hand. Then Team Preview is underway, and she focuses all attention on the battles ahead.

There’s an Aerodactyl on Fern’s team, and Luna takes the risk. They often carry Wide Guard, sure, but it’s even more likely to have Tailwind, and that’s what matters. Luna breaks into a small smile when Fern leads with Aerodactyl and Weavile, while she sends out Absol and Blissey herself. Luna knows that if this backfires, this could be it for Game One. There’s a part of her that doesn’t want to take the gamble. Yet she does, because she doesn’t have any other options. Aerodactyl and Absol Mega Evolve. Then Luna uses her Z-Move, and Blissey uses Z-Snatch into Aerodactyl. She holds her breath, and when Aerodactyl goes for Tailwind, she grins. That Tailwind is hers now, and Blissey’s speed has increased by two stages. Weavile uses Taunt and temporarily gives Luna a heart attack, but then she realizes Fern has chosen to Taunt Blissey, which is fine. Instead, Luna has Absol use Role Play, gaining Serene Grace as planned. The rest of the battle runs smoothly, as the two Serene Grace Pokemon on Luna’s side both use Rock Slide, causing flinches almost every turn. Even when Primal Groudon comes out to replace Weavile, Luna remains unfazed, and the battle ends in her favor.

Fern learns her lesson going into Game Two, yet Luna wins again, her Xerneas and Lunala sweeping through the opponent’s team easily. Suddenly, Luna has faith in her team again. She just breezed through her first battle of Top Cut, and she’s guaranteed to place in the Top 4. Her team is unconventional in so many ways, yet it’s the best one she’s played all season. Fourth in a MSS? By far her highest placing so far.

After her battle and interview, Luna has some time to spare before her semifinal match, so she checks her phone. Her eyes widen when she sees a message from Gladion.

Gladion: well played

That’s high praise, actually. Especially coming from him. Somehow, Luna finds her confidence boosted up another two levels as if she’s used Swords Dance. Which is why she’s completely unfazed going into her next battle, and between Xerneas and Lunala, she’s able to win yet again. Then it hits her. She’s in the finals. She’s in the finals of a Midseason Showdown, and Absol is working.

Luna sits down in her chair across from a girl named Selene, who she remembers faintly from last season. Apart from Luna, Selene is the most accomplished player at the tournament. Fitting they’re fighting in the finals.

Luna knows Selene’s team even before the Team Preview begins. She’s watched her on stream after her own Swiss battles were done, and the most interesting part about her team is that she can set up both Tailwind or Trick Room, completely dependant on what she wants at the time. Luna doesn’t know if she wants to try Absol – if Selene doesn’t bring her Tailwind setting Salamence, it wouldn’t work that well, considering even Mega Absol’s speed stat is not especially extraordinary. So she goes the safer route and runs Tapu Lele and Swellow again. Selene sends out Lunala and Incineroar, which is not a favorable matchup for Tapu Lele. But Luna takes the risk, and figures Lunala will be setting up a Trick Room first turn. She proves to be correct, and has Tapu Lele send a Moonblast into Incineroar, while Swellow goes for Air Slash. And then in the next turn, she switches out Tapu Lele for Xerneas, and with Lunala safely in the back, Luna wins the match.

Luna is feeling good going into Game Two. So far, Top Cut has been nothing but smooth sailing, and while she knows it won’t remain like so for long, her confidence is higher than it’s been all season. But Game Two plummets downhill quickly. Luna isn’t worried at all, and takes the risk of leading with Absol and Blissey. While she’s able to have two Serene Grace Pokemon on her side at once, the Trick Room from Lunala makes it so Absol is moving last, and it goes down immediately to a Moonblast from Tapu Fini, after Blissey fails to get the Rock Slide flinch. Five minutes later, Luna is down to just Xerneas, and it’s game over when Selene crashes into it with a single target, Aerialite boosted Hyper Voice from Mega Salamence. They’re onto Game Three, and while there’s only a 10 CP difference between first and second place, Luna wants to win. Badly.

Selene brought Trick Room twice, and everything is riding on whether she will again. At first, Luna wants to play it safe and skip Absol. But there’s a part of her that says it’s the final game in the final round, and she should bring the Pokemon she really wants to make work, and that’s the Disaster Pokemon. She goes for it, and leads Absol and Blissey once more. Her heart leaps when Salamence and Groudon materialize on Selene’s side of the battlefield, and Luna prays Salamence goes for the Tailwind.

Not wanting to use her Z-Move already, Luna has Blissey use a regular Snatch into Salamence. Instead, it goes for Protect. Absol manages to get the Serene Grace as it Mega Evolves, but without Tailwind, Luna has no clue in what order the Pokemon will be moving. Groudon uses Precipice Blades, but by some miracle, it misses Absol. She lives another turn. Between both Pokemon on Luna’s side, she manages to flinch both Salamence and Groudon. Next turn, Salamence faints, and Groudon goes for Precipice Blades. This time, it hits, and both Blissey and Absol go down. Luna clenches her jaw. She was doing well, but she’s also losing. So she sends out her Lunala on the left and Xerneas on the right.

There’s no switching for her at this point, so it’s safe for Xerneas to go for a Geomancy, while Lunala wastes no time in setting up a Tailwind. Incineroar comes out to replace the fallen Salamence, threatening Fake Out pressure into Xerneas, but Luna’s fine with that. Groudon goes for Precipice Blades, but with Xerneas fully invested into bulk, it lives it easily, while Lunala hangs on just fine. In the next turn, Luna decides to go for Psych Up. The boosts Xerneas got from Geomancy are not shabby at all, and if Lunala could take those too, her two legendaries would be fully set up to sweep. She does exactly that, and Groudon goes down to a Dazzling Gleam, while Incineroar hangs around 50% HP. The game presses on, as Selene sends out her final Pokemon in Lunala. But Luna has it in the bag at this point. With the Tailwind up, both of her Pokemon move faster, and she’s easily able to KO Incineroar with a Moonblast. With the multiple dark types on her team, Luna is surprised Selene doesn’t have a better counter to Xerneas. Then Lunala goes for it’s Z-Move, Malicious Moonraze Maelstrom. Through her headphones, Luna can faintly hear those watching cheering as Selene’s Lunala goes down in a single hit.

Just like that, Luna wins the Spring Coast Midseason Showdown.

Luna is shocked. Shocked, proud, and amazed. She just won a MSS, has 50 more CP under her belt, and did it with an Absol. She couldn’t be happier with the day’s results, and it’s evident during her brief interview. Because the tournament is smaller, the interview is short and the streams are hard to come by, so Luna only answers two questions. She could have guessed them both.

“Congrats on winning the Spring Coast Midseason Showdown! How are you feeling right now?” It’s the same question, every time. But this time, Luna feels different. She feels… better than she ever has after a win. Maybe there’s hope for her 2019 season after all.

“Pretty good,” she starts. It’s an understatement. “I’m just really happy I could win such an event with the team I did. My season has been pretty rough so far, and I’m glad to finally get a nice chunk of CP.” She stops herself before her answer turns into a full on ramble.

“That’s great to hear! It’s well deserved – you played very well! Now, you began to mention it yourself, but your team is extremely unique. Why did you choose the Pokemon you did?” The interviewer isn’t wrong. Lunala, Xerneas, and Tapu Lele are all common choices in the metagame. But Blissey, Swellow, and Absol are all less so.

“Actually, Absol is my favorite Pokemon, so I really wanted to try it in a team. I didn’t think it was going to work out, but I’m glad I was able to pull it off in the end. Plus, I have a-” Luna pauses. Friend? Rival? Acquaintance? She starts again. “There’s somebody I know – somebody I respect, too – who made a deal with me that he’d use his favorite Pokemon in his Regionals team if I used Absol here. That was all it took to push me over the edge, and I’ve been dead set on this Pokemon ever since.” The interviewer nods, satisfied.

“Well, thank you for your time! Congratulations again to Luna Kajiba, the winner of the 2019 Spring Coast Midseason Showdown!” Luna is clearly dismissed after that, and scurries off to find Ottie. As she’s walking, she finds herself thinking. And for some annoying, frustrating, confusion reason, she first wonders if Gladion was watching.

It’s stupid – Gladion shouldn’t mean anything to her. She’d sworn to hate him ever since chance set them up to battle at Worlds. Yet at the same time, there’s nobody’s approval she wants more than his right now. It’s the same thing – months ago, all she’d wanted was a “good game.” Now, she wants a “congratulations.” Why? In fact, there’s no reason she should look up to Gladion like she does. Moon is more accomplished, isn’t she? And Hau sure is nicer. So why – why does Luna always end up thinking about him? Lately, she’s been letting her guard down around him more than she’d like to, and she doesn’t know why. But she remembers the night Valor coliced, and how she could be pretty sure Gladion saved the horse’s life. She saw a different side of him right then – a worrying, kinder, softer side. Luna begins to question whether the Gladion she met at Worlds was really him. Because maybe – just maybe – his cold, dismissive attitude is just a disguise. It’s possible he’s better underneath, and Luna is tempted to give him that chance.

oh joy we only have one more chapter before internats-

internats is such a ride lol

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrostpaw) 🐍❄️
      July 2, 2020 at 7:24 pm

“She’d sworn to hate him ever since chance set them up to battle at Worlds.”

haha denial’s not just a river in egypt huh luna

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• July 2, 2020 at 7:30 pm

ikr luna stop pretending 😛

it gets so much worse in chapter 8. it gets so much worse. she literally just sees him and is like “oh crap he’s hot” and it’s hysterical

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrostpaw) 🐍❄️
          July 2, 2020 at 7:35 pm

lunaaaa c’mon XD

bow to bob, our ruler and king

July 2, 2020 at 8:33 pm

Holy shrimp he’s hot!

July 2, 2020 at 8:32 pm

7.8 out of 10 too much battling. (Just kidding its great) only one other complaint. Not enough Hau 😛

• July 2, 2020 at 9:25 pm

yup, there’s a lot of battling, i know 😛

fair, this chapter lacks hau. mostly because they aren’t on the group chat, and hau’s in alola 😛 but hau is going to internats, so you get that!

July 3, 2020 at 12:41 am

Yay!

• July 3, 2020 at 6:27 pm

I love the sarcasm showing up in, like, three parts of the narrative, and when you said that Luna had a quick heart attack XP

I’m realizing how much I like sarcasm… Why aren’t any of my OCs particularly sarcastic? Probably because I’m terrible at writing sarcasm most of the time, gosh dang it XD

Your very own nerd is present.

• July 3, 2020 at 7:46 pm

luna is so sarcastic it’s hysterical, sometimes she’s literally too sarcastic and nobody understands it and then bad stuff happens coughcoughsecretscoughcough

12. Purple Dusk
    July 3, 2020 at 3:03 am

O.K.
    You cats know the recurring gag in Pokemon where Team Rocket goes “We’re blasting off again!”

Well, there just happens to be a recurring gag in Omega Ruby.
    And yes, it shows up all the time in Green Team Colorlocke, just to drive me crazy!

The Cats who been around since I first posted might know who and what the gag is.
    For those who are new, this post is for you.
    Cause the gag is coming up next chapter in Race for Southern Island. I want you all to appreciate it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Boom Boom, Tabitha

It was a simple task. Get the professor away from people and take the Meteorite to deliver it to Boss Maxie.
    So simple, it require just him, the great admin Tabitha, and just one grunt to accomplish it.
    It was almost too simple. But hey, Tabitha would take simple if that meant he could show Boss Maxie what he was made of. Perfect material for Chief Admin.

Unfortunately, Tabitha was in for long, long lesson on what was simple and what was complicated.

Tabitha was at Meoter Falls when it began. He was trying to convince the prof. that he was being mugged and NOT being listened to. That professor was acting too much like Tabitha when he wanted to show off something he made. Way too close for comfert. Then some kids, who were more simpletons than the professor, decided to show up. Okay, the boy was simpleton for trying to stop a mugging. The girl was smart by attempting to draw him away from this foolish endaver. But she was still simpleton by NOT getting backup herself. So Tabitha was going to give them both a free lesson on how terrifying the world of adults can be.

They all entered into a Multi Battle: Tabitha, the grunt, and those two kids.
    Tabitha sent out his beautiful and fierce Mightyheyna. while the grunt sent out an average Koffing. The boy called upon a Combusken when the girl summoned a Gallade. Not two Pokemon you see everyday, but they must still be crushed in battle.

His Mightyheyna’s glare weakened their attack. What can one do in the presence of his wonderful Mightyheyna? These two kids will be crushed! Or at least, that was supposed to happen.

“Com’on Koffing! Let’s show them what we got!” The grunt next to him yells. “Destroy them all with Self-Destruct!” Koffing smiled, so widely that it almost went all around its ball-like body.

Floating up to the center of the battlefield, the Koffing made sounds like pops and hisses. “Brandon, look out!” the girl cried as she began to push him away. The sight was enough to make Tabitha chuckle. Until he remembered that Self-Destruct hit everyone in the battle. “Wait-”

Ka-Boom! A wave of explosions burst out into the cave, covering all with dust. The Koffing fell to the ground, causing more dust to fly. The kids lowered their arms from their faces, the only thing keeping dust from their eyes. “We’re…still alive?” One of them asked. Tabitha would have only cared about that if they were a Team Member. But since they weren’t, Tabitha was much more concerned that their Pokemon were still not fainted even after that mini explosion. Worst of all, his Mightyheyna was weakened by the blast.

“All right, send out your next Pokemon.” Tabitha said to her. The look on her face clearly said there was none. AND the look on the kids’ faces said they were going to not pass up on taking down his beloved Mightyheyna. A look of panic barely had any time to be fully painted on his face before his team was knocked out.

As if things could not get any worse, Team Aqua of all people showed up to witness the kids’ glorious faces of triumph. However, the great Admin Tabitha was not going to give into his anger. No, he had a task to complete. A simple one indeed. Get in, get the Meteorite, and get out. So Tabitha did just that, As Tabitha placed the Meteorite in Boss Maxie’s hand. he could barely heard the “Good job Tabthia, thank you.” Boss Maxie could never praise him on how well done the mission went or how well HE did. Tabitha lost that opportunity because that Koffing blew it up! Tabitha would have to make certain that THE Koffing would never cause any trouble for him ever again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately for Tabitha and me, THE Koffing keeps popping up in almost every single adventure I have with Team Magma.
    AND it keeps going Boom, BOOM!

July 3, 2020 at 3:26 am

So much boom!

• July 3, 2020 at 4:09 am

boom! 😛

• Purple Dusk
        July 3, 2020 at 8:23 pm

🤣

• July 3, 2020 at 6:27 pm

boomy boomy boom boom

Your very own nerd is present.

• Purple Dusk
        July 3, 2020 at 8:24 pm

It sounds so pretty when you sing it like that.

13. July 3, 2020 at 7:54 pm

guys it’s the last chapter before internats and i’m so exciteddddd

Chapter 7: Pay Day

Gladion: hey
    you going to internats?

Luna: no
    are you?

For some reason, Gladion feels… disappointed? He’s not quite sure why, and he shakes his one hunch away. Last time he and Luna were in the same room, it was practically a disaster. Why would things be different this time?

Gladion: yeah

He pauses before continuing.

Gladion: why aren’t you?

Luna: money

Gladion: oh

Luna: i guess it’s cheaper for you, since it’s in alola
    what about worlds?

Gladion: i got travel awards anyways
    and yes

Luna: oh i see
    I wish i could go but idk this season’s been kinda rough so i haven’t qualified yet
    I guess i still have some time

Gladion: yeah

Again, he stops. It’s stupid. But Luna said she wanted to go, and he can’t help but feel a little bad for her. He doesn’t know why, but he wants to do something to help.

Gladion: um i can help you pay if you want?
    for internats

Luna: oh god no i can’t ask you to do that
    It’s really expensive
    do you actually have that kind of money to spare?

He’s tempted to say no. He wants to say it was all a fluke, that he wasn’t thinking. But it isn’t true. He knows what kind of house he lives in, and he knows what kind of car he drives to school. To say no would be a flat out lie.

Gladion: kinda
    i mean
    i guess

Luna: oh
    well thanks anyways
    i’ll still try and qualify for ta, but i’m not counting on it, you know?

Gladion: yeah
    i get it
    and you’re welcome i guess

Luna: well
    you entering the pgl international challenge?

Gladion: probably
    why?
    you really wanna fight again that badly?

Luna: no just curious

Gladion: you sure about that

Luna: … no

Gladion: my point exactly
    look
    i’ll make you a deal

Luna: another one?

Gladion: the last one worked out pretty darn well

Luna: true

Gladion: let’s enter every online tournament from here on out
    we have two months until internats
    lets see if you can finally win

Luna: really?
    i’m catching up you know

Gladion: and im getting better

Luna: fair

Gladion: you in?

Luna: fine
    challenge accepted

“And how many tournaments have you entered?” Lillie asks. Gladion has to think for a moment.

“Three,” he replies. He looks down and continues eating.

“So not that many.” His sister is quick to point out the obvious.

“That’s every single one, Lillie,” Gladion reminds her. She shrugs. “It’s just weird, I guess. I fought Luna four times in four tournaments, and then not all in the past two months.”

“Is that a problem?” Hau interrupts.

“Again, it’s just weird. There’s nothing wrong with it,” Gladion says curtly. It’s not like he hasn’t seen Luna play – not that he’d admit it, but he’s definitely seen a few of her streams. She’s getting more confident – he can tell. After winning the MSS with Absol, she seems to have found her stride again. The Xernala core she always uses may be predictable to her opponents at this point, but it just keeps working. It also means he would know what to expect if they ever do battle again. But so far, that hasn’t happened.

“She’s gaining on you, anyways,” Lillie points out. Gladion tenses. She’s not wrong. Luna placed higher than him in the last tournament, and there’s no doubt she’s getting better. And he can’t help but feel his improvement is at a standstill, for some reason. “So maybe it’s good you aren’t fighting.”

He knows Lillie has a good point. But at the same time, he can’t help but feel the opposite. For some odd reason, he wants to fight Luna. Why? He isn’t quite sure. But for some reason, he does.

“Yeah, good point,” he says finally.

“Why don’t you just ask her to Link Battle?” Hau asks. For a moment, Gladion doesn’t know the answer.

“It just… it feels different, I guess. I don’t know.” He pauses. “She… she isn’t Moon, okay?” That’s all it takes. One word – one name of a mutual friend should not do that. But Lillie looks down, and Hau decides to stop pushing it. Maybe for the better.

Moon shouldn’t still be such a sore subject. In fact, Moon is their friend. You can see it through their texting. But Gladion wonders if Moon has noticed the change – the moment Luna was added to their group chat, Gladion’s been making an effort to be more friendly, and not just to the newcomer. To her as well.

There was never any tension between Hau and Moon, and there probably never will be. But ever since Moon decided to move, that’s been… less of the case between her and Gladion. For a few reasons. But he pushes it away when they’re online. He’s not sure why, and he’s even less sure why he’s so set on keeping it from Luna. As far as she’s concerned, Moon and him are rivals, and friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Part of him says his secrecy is because of the fact that Luna and him really aren’t that close yet. In fact, he’s not sure if she considers him a friend, or vice versa. She made it clear she’s still at least a little upset over Worlds. And then there’s the other side of her. The open side that’s giving him a second chance. That’s the side of Luna he feels should know the truth – not that he’s lying, he just isn’t telling her everything.

Gladion also doesn’t know why he thinks about Moon like this. They’re friends. They act like nothing ever went wrong whenever they’re on the group chat. Yet at the same time, the mention of her name is enough to put the entire subject of his battles – or rather, lack of – with Luna to rest. And it really shouldn’t be like that. He questions why Lillie and Hau haven’t seemed to move on, but then immediately takes it back. He knows why. Because maybe if he stopped acting so oddly around Moon, the subject of her leaving, and what they used to be, everyone else would too.

Gladion: what are you guys running for internats/whatever your next tourney is

Hau: YAY INTERNATS TIME
    i’m so excited 😀

Luna: you always are

Hau: HEY

Gladion: and thats not the question

Hau: right sorry
    probably rayogre with koko again

Gladion: cool
    luna what about you

Gladion doesn’t reveal that Luna is the sole reason he even posed the question. He knows she’ll be using Xernala – she always does – but he’s curious what else. In fact, he isn’t so sure what he’s bringing to Internats himself.

Luna: xernala
    duh
    but apart from that not telling

Gladion: why
    we both know we aren’t getting matched up anytime soon

It’s true. They’re four tournaments in now, and there’s only two weeks left until Internats. They still haven’t fought. Not that Gladion minds – or at least, that’s what he wants to believe.

Luna: cause i got a travel stipend
    and i’m coming to kick your butt at internats

Gladion freezes. Then it hits him. Luna’s going to Zone 3 Internats after all. He’s going to meet Luna Kajiba in person again. And maybe… maybe things will go better.

Hau: YAYYYYYY

Gladion: congrats

He knows he can’t let out much, or Hau would end up making some comment about shipping them again. But those messages had grown fewer lately. Once he’d realized neither Luna or Gladion was interested in the other, he seemed to be holding his tongue a little. And of course, he finally understood that maybe leaving such messages on the chat Moon checked daily was probably not the best idea. But regardless, Gladion had learned to tread carefully. He wasn’t making a mistake now.

Luna: 😀
    i’m really excited

Hau: YES
    i can finally meet you

Gladion doesn’t know what to say to that.

Luna: yup! 😀
    gonna beat you both

Gladion: eh

Luna: i’m using new pokemon this time 😛

Gladion: interesting

Luna: anyways
    you never answered your own question

He doesn’t admit he honestly has no clue what he’s bringing to Internats, so he spins a lie real quickly.

Gladion: not telling
    cant give you the advantage

Luna: fine
    but seeing as i’m yet to beat you, i might need it

Hau: COME ON LUNA
    have more faith in yourself! :DDDD

Luna: thanks, i think?

Gladion: hmph
    you’re gonna be fine until i crush you again

Luna: you can try

Gladion: you bet i will

Luna: i’ll try harder

Gladion: okay you know what im done here
    we can settle this when we actually fight

Hau: wowwwww

Gladion: gotta go work on hw anyways
    bye

He doesn’t wait on a response. And the homework thing? A complete and utter lie. Instead, he logs into Pokemon Showdown. He’s got to start team building. After all, he now has Luna to beat. He has Luna to beat, and at Internats.

They both know the stakes are higher than they’ve ever been, not including Worlds. Plus, Luna’s been improving, and rapidly. Gladion knows he’ll need all the luck he can get if he wants to win.

He doesn’t know why he so firmly believes they’ll fight. In fact, the odds are seemingly against him. But Luna’s news has done nothing but force him to finally sit down and prepare. Internats is a big deal – if he does well, he’s well on his way to a Day 2 Worlds invite. Worlds. He hasn’t thought about Worlds 2019 at all. He can only assume Luna will be going – after all, it’s in her hometown. But both of them remember last year, and Gladion can only hope it won’t end the same way again. Well sure, he’d like to win, but maybe they’ll be on better terms at that point. Maybe he can at least muster a “good game.” He’s sure Luna would appreciate that.

But first – Internats. He begins his team building, mind completely set on beating Luna and Hau in two weeks. He has to – losing is not an option at this point. And he knows Luna feels the same. But it doesn’t matter. Winning the CP he’ll earn for placing well at Internats will push him far over the requirement. And to be honest? He doesn’t really care who stands in his way, because he’s going to win. Even if it means both his best friend, in Hau, and rival, in Luna, will lose. Then he stops. Rival. Is that what Luna is? Regardless, he refuses to let himself dwell on it any longer. All he knows is that they’re both going down.

guys hau is literally a mood in this chapter, he’s about as excited about internats as i am 😛

definition stuff that is definitely very professional:
    TA/travel awards: basically an award from the official pokemon people that says “yo you’re a good player, we want you at our fancy competition, we’ll pay for it ourselves so you can go.” they have them for both internats and worlds, and are distributed to the top players of each region/area.
    travel stipend: an award from the official pokemon people that says “yo you’re a pretty decent player, we want you at our fancy competition, we’ll give you this amount of money to help cover the costs.” it doesn’t cover everything, but it usually will help players who usually would not be able to afford to travel so that they can attend the event at a lower cost than usual. again, distributed to top players of an area.
    xernala, if you can’t guess: the restricted legendary combination of xerneas and lunala, and what luna’s running for the rest of the season
    rayogre: rayquaza kyogre. it’s literally just a combo of their names. hau’s internats core 😛

can you tell my definitions are super professional dictionary level?

July 3, 2020 at 9:42 pm

YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS MORE HAU!!!! This is probably explained more and I’m just not getting it, but why is Moon moving such a sore subject? Also, Gladion and Luna finally meet! Yay!

• July 3, 2020 at 11:00 pm

hauuuu 😛

and… that’s a secret. you have to wait until uh… at least chapter 15, that’s the earliest you’d be able to guess it 😛 and it’s confirmed in uh… 19? yeah, it’s 19.
        and yay! 😀