The Misconceptions of Dovewing by Kindheart

dovewing_by_vialir-d7dr9djIs Dovewing really a mary-sue? Kindheart defends her. Hello blogclan, it’s Kindheart with another article in this one i will look over dovewing’s character and try to get rid of a certain misconception that has been floating around. Dovewing is NOT a Mary sue. first lets see what a mary sue is: a mary sue is someone who is perfect they can do no wrong and have absolutly no flaws! this is not true. if she were a Mary sue she would not have gone against the code and met tigerheart. she would have done the right thing and say NO! also if she had no flaws she would have accepted the fact that she no longer had pwoers instead if mope about it! so there she is NOt a Mary sue.

point 2. people don’t like her because how she “Played” 2 toms. well she was young and unsure of what to do. she didn’t really want to. but sometimes in life thats what happens. it’s not like she could tell anyone and the only other cat who knew was her sister and its not like they really talked about it or talked at all for a while. as for bumblestripe she tried it but it didn’t turn out well. what i don’t like here is that squirrleflight pretty much did the same thing with ashfur and brambleclaw yet people don’t point THAT out now do they?! not only that but what dovewing AND squirrleflight did happens in real life a lot. so its not really that big a deal! and for all we know other she-cats and toms might have done the exact same thing…

point 3. Yet another reason that people didn’t like her was because how she complained about her powers being gone. The best argument supporting this
is that Lionblaze and jayfeather didn’t complain that much however they still complained a little. we saw that they found it a little annoying. and lets not forget that dovewing is a lot younger than them. She also doesn’t have as much expirance as them. Also imagine that you have a superpower that makes life easier and you get super used to it. then poof its gone and you have to try to get used to doing things without it! it would be super hard not only that but we see in dovewings silance that she feels that if she had her power she could be doing MORE for the clan. if you ask me thats a pretty good reason. so you might still hate her and i know there are people that do and thats up to you but you can’t say that she’s perfect and you gotta admit i put up a good defense just try to keep it down cause some of us like her k? now this article has come to an end so let the great debate in the comments begin!!!! until the next article cyo!!! 🙂

Fan Articles

Notify of
kindheart
kindheart
July 27, 2016 6:04 am

thanks again! i love writting articles for you guys! and sharing my ideas your all so supportive

Cloudwhisper
Cloudwhisper
July 27, 2016 9:57 am

A Mary Sue is NOT a perfect character. A Mary Sue is a character who never faces a single challenge. Superman could be perfect, but as long as they keep throwing enemies that challenge him, he shall not be a Gary Stu.

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
July 27, 2016 2:44 pm
Reply to  Cloudwhisper

I’ve never heard that description for a Mary Sue before. I’m pretty sure a Mary Sue is a character without flaws to balance out their strengths.

BlogTeam Administrator

Brightwing - Bright Wing of Mountain Bluebird
Brightwing - Bright Wing of Mountain Bluebird
July 28, 2016 1:59 pm

*tries to stop fight between screeching cats* Maybe there’s two definitions?!

Icepaw
Icepaw
July 29, 2016 1:35 am

Great article.
One question, is your shift key broken? 😉

Asterpaw
Asterpaw
August 10, 2016 8:49 pm

Fantastic article! I have to agree with you 100%. Dovewing is NOT a mary sue whatsoever.

Finchpaw/Finchwing
Finchpaw/Finchwing
August 16, 2016 7:31 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Dovewing!

Shadowpaw
Shadowpaw
August 21, 2016 3:25 am

I know Dovewing’s not a Mary Sue and I don’t hate her but she just bugs me. *Tries to fend off hordes of Dovewing loving cats*

Shadowpaw (Shadowdapple)
Shadowpaw (Shadowdapple)
August 25, 2016 9:01 pm
Reply to  Shadowpaw

Same, XD *helps OTHER BlogClan Clanmate named Shadowpaw fight of the sea of angry cats* I just don’t really like why she had to be all secretive with Ivypool about her powers

Brightkit
Brightkit
October 21, 2017 2:42 pm

I’m really sorry, but Dovewing would have loved to tell Ivypool about her powers, and this has been shown many times. It wasn’t Dovewing’s choice to keep the secret. Lionblaze and Jayfeather forced it upon her. And they were older than her and basically her “authorities”, so what was she supposed to do? Tell Ivypool behind their backs? And at the time, Jayfeather could read minds, and I’m sure the memory of Dovewing revealing her powers to Ivypool would be floating around in there somewhere. And according to Jayfeather and Lionblaze, it would be absolutely terrible beyond words if Dovewing told anybody, so it’s sensible for Dove to keep it secret. I’m sorry, I’m just a friendly Dovewing lover, and I’m not angry, by the way. Just making some points 😉

And awesome article, Kindheart! Dovewing defenses are my favorites.

Willow / Willow Beside Small Stream
Willow / Willow Beside Small Stream
August 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Nice article. I like Dovewing and agree that she made all those mistakes because she was young and inexperienced.

Swiftbriar
Swiftbriar
September 5, 2016 6:10 pm

Yeah i wrote an article defending Dovewing, though its not published yet

Snowy the Snowman sitting under a christmas tree and eating chocolate
Snowy the Snowman sitting under a christmas tree and eating chocolate
October 25, 2016 12:52 pm

I don’t like Dovewing because of any of those reasons, its just that she thinks she’s the most important cat of the Three and ever, and that everybody depends on her at any time – at least, thats how it seems to me.

Fluffytail
Fluffytail
April 26, 2018 12:51 am

Looooovvvvvveeeeeee Dovewing sooooooooo much. Love the article, btw

HollyShine
HollyShine
July 11, 2018 9:32 pm

I hated her until River Of Fire But now I love her as much as her sister whom is in my top 10 favourites list, speaking of which I’d better make an artical on that. Dovewing is amazing and I, stop reading if your not 100% up to date on ‘a vision of shadows’ I loved it when she became Tigerheart’s official mate! Well now he’s Tigerstar (lol the second, not first, the name kinda made me cringe because well… they are kin and one is very evil and one is a sweetheart whom I would become mates with if I was in warriors and Dovewing stayed with Bumble)

Turtle loves Rainswept Flower|Turtlepaw/dapple🐢🐢🐢
Turtle loves Rainswept Flower|Turtlepaw/dapple🐢🐢🐢
September 24, 2020 8:41 pm

I lovewing dovewing <3

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch