My Opinions On Warrior Couples; by Fernrustle

Fernrustle throws us a rollercoaster ride of opinions on the most well known of Warriors couples.

Hello guys! Today, I’m going to give my opinion on some of the most famous Warriors couples in the series. I understand that you guys may have different perspectives on the cats I’m talking about, so feel free to share your thoughts!

Okay, the couples I’m going to talk about are:

• Graystripe and Silverstream
  • Leafpool and Crowfeather
  • Firestar and Sandstorm
  • Bluestar and Oakheart
  • Cloudtail and Brightheart
  • Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight

Ready? Here we go!

Graystripe and Silverstream

I think this couple is really cute together, and I admire their bravery to risk everything – their Clans, their loyalty, their lives – to be with the cat they love the most. Although I kind of disliked it when Graystripe chose to become mates with Millie after Silverstream died. I kind of saw it as betrayal. I mean, does Graystripe love Silverstream, taking Millie as a mate because he admired her? Or did he love Millie more?

798861_1312815667217_full

Leafpool and Crowfeather

This couple is really nice together. But I’m confused at why Crowfeather started loving Leafpool after Feathertail died? Taking Nightcloud as a mate was understandable after what Crow went through, but he could have avoided this predicament by hiding his feelings for Leafpool and remaining single. Instead, he chose to mate with another cat, even though it was against the code, have kits, cover up his secret by being with another she-cat who he never really loved, and fathered a son who would grow up to pick the evil path. I mean, really!

Firestar and Sandstorm

I love, love, love this couple. Firestar and Sandstorm really made a match, even through their recognizable differences. A lot of people choose to pick Firestar x Spottedleaf over Firestar x Sandstorm, but Spottedleaf “was and always will be a medicine cat” (Firestar’s Quest). I think Firestar did the right thing, though a part of him loved Spottedleaf, too.

Bluestar and Oakheart

In Crookedstar’s Promise and Bluestar’s Prophecy, it was revealed that Bluestar had a secret mate – Oakheart from RiverClan. I kind of love, kind of hate this couple. True, Bluestar and Oakheart disobeyed the Warrior code when they mated, but in the end they decided their loyalty was to their Clan. I think that would have been a big choice to make, but they succeeded.

Cloudtail and Brightheart

I think this couple is one of the sweetest couples in the Warriors series. Cloudtail was able to love Brightheart, one-eye and all. And it was nice that they helped fufill the oldest prophecy
by providing a daughter, Whitewing, who mated and gave birth to Ivypool and Dovewing, two cats who helped save the Clans from the wrath of the Dark Forest. Brightheart proved a fierce mother to the end, loving and protecting Whitewing while Cloudtail managed to be a wonderful father, even without his faith in Starclan.

Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight

I love this couple as much as Firestar and Sandstorm. They certainly changed Thunderclan history – a daughter of Firestar mating with the son of Tigerstar. Squirrelflight
agreed to adopt and mother her sister Leafpool’s kits – Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf – with Bramblestar, two of whom saved the Clans from the Dark Forest. And I thought it was sweet when Bramblestar appointed Squirrelflight as his deputy after he became leader. Even better, it was revealed in Bramblestar’s Storm that Squirrelflight would be giving birth to kits! Alderpaw and Sparkpaw in The Apprentice’s Quest are revealed to be Bramblestar and Squirrelflight’s two surviving children.

So, there’s my opinions on some of the most famous Warrior cat couples! Thanks for reading!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Echostream
Echostream
December 21, 2016 6:40 pm

My fave is Cloudtail x Brightheart. So.Cute.

We Wish You A Merry Snowheart
We Wish You A Merry Snowheart
December 21, 2016 8:04 pm

I agree with all of this! Great article!

Ps. I read it backwards from bottom to top 😛

Snowheart LOVES EGGNOGG!!!!!!!

Sky
Sky
May 21, 2017 10:44 pm

I realized something……
FIRESTAR AND TIGERSTAR ARE RELATED!!!!!
Squirrelflight is daughter of Firestar. Brmablestar is son of Tigerstar. They mated. So Tigerstar and Firestar are brothers-in-law

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
May 22, 2017 6:45 am
Reply to  Sky

They’re in-laws, but that doesn’t make them related by blood. That’s not how DNA works. 😛

BlogTeam Administrator

Zoey Sadrieh
Zoey Sadrieh
May 11, 2020 3:08 am
Reply to  Sky

Awkwrd family dinners

Jayleap
Jayleap
April 21, 2018 9:36 pm

I never saw Leaf X Crow, besides, I don’t see how Leaf could have feelings for Crow!

Pastelpond
Pastelpond
May 8, 2018 5:04 am

I agree with most of the stuff in this article, all except Leafpool & Crowfeather and Bluestar & Oakheart. I’ll give my opinion on Leafpool and Crowfeather first.
This ship made me want to stop reading Warriors. Reading it, I felt like Crowfeather hadn’t truly accepted/gotten over the traumatic death of Feathertail, like he was trying to fill the void in his heart after losing his crush. I truly believe that as their relationship got more serious, Crowfeather started to love Leafpool for her instead of a rebound, but I still don’t like the ship. I would’ve liked it much better if Crowfeather stayed loyal to Feathertail throughout his life, even so, I do think he loved Nightcloud at least a little bit. There were so many other she-cats to choose from, why choose her if he wasn’t the tiniest bit fond of her?
Now to Bluestar and Oakheart. When I read Bluestar’s Prophecy and Crookedstar’s Promise, I secretly started to ship Crookedstar(paw) and Bluestar(paw). I found Bluestar going after Oakheart as a way to get over Crookedstar’s betrayal in the fight for Sunningrocks, but that’s just me. Crookedstar x Willowbreeze all the way!

Blossomfire15
Blossomfire15
June 30, 2018 7:13 pm

I felt like what you felt about Graystripe and Millie is kind of the same thing as Firestar and Sandstorm. I love both FirexSand and FirexSand, but like Firestar: Graystripe would always love Silverstream, like Firestar would always love Spottedleaf.
I agree w/ you about all these ships, I especially love CrowxLeaf.
I actually just realized something, FirexSand. Sandstorm is the sand to Firestar’s fire! She calms him & supports him, like sand to fire!(sand more calms down fire more than support it😝)

Blossomsong
Blossomsong
September 18, 2018 1:55 am

I agree with all of them besides grayxsilver
And bramble claw and squirrel flight
1. Yes, I admire the bravery of gray stripe
And how silverstream was a pretty, charming
, she -cat. But I don’t feel like anything was
There. I feel like it was just
Thrown in too add some drama. Cause at least bluestar
And oakheart had a very interesting story and wasn’t just thrown in.

2 okay first. I don’t like bramble or squrrielfliht. But
I think bramble claw deserves better. Ashfur and squrrielflight
Can be salty together.

Blossomsong
Blossomsong
September 18, 2018 1:56 am

I agree with all of them besides grayxsilver
And bramble claw and squirrel flight
1. Yes, I admire the bravery of gray stripe
And how silverstream was a pretty, charming
, she -cat. But I don’t feel like anything was
There. I feel like it was just
Thrown in too add some drama. Cause at least bluestar
And oakheart had a very interesting story and wasn’t just thrown in.

2 okay first. I don’t like bramble or squrrielfliht. But
I think bramble claw deserves better. Ashfur and squrrielflight
Can be salty together. I also feel that squrrielflight kind of was
Annoying to brambleclaw

Soulfire
Soulfire
October 7, 2018 3:34 am

I agree with them all but Gray and Silver.
I LOVE Millie and Gray, and they are great together. However, Silver care too much about Gray, to the point where she was disloyal to RiverClan and incredibly disrespectful to Crookedstar(her father)and Fireheart. Graystripe should have known how rude she was, ON REPEAT, to Fireheart.
I do, however, ship Cinderpelt and Silverstream IDK why, though.❤❤😻

Dawnkit/Cuddlytuft
Dawnkit/Cuddlytuft
January 21, 2020 6:58 am

I agree with all of them. Except for FirexSand. I mean, like, like FirexSpotted more. It’s sad that they got separated. the part that Spottedleaf says to Sandstorm is simply a lie (sort of), because she then whispers to Firestar “Sometimes I would have give anything for things to be different”. anyway, Great article, Fernrustle!

Blogclan looks...different-oh.

Orchidbreeze
Orchidbreeze
June 14, 2020 4:24 pm

I feel Spottedleaf was only a childhood crush for Firestar in my opinion, they barely even talked! But I respect you 🙂

Rosepool
Rosepool
April 16, 2020 5:32 am

Crow x Leaf is my all time favorite ship!!!💖

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
September 12, 2020 8:37 pm

I LOVE all these ships! In fact, they’re all in my top ten favorite Warriors canon ships!

shadowfang
Shadowfang
September 24, 2020 11:30 pm

I agree with your opinions, my favorite couples are probably #1 Firestar and Sandstorm, #2 Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw, and #3 is probably Ivypool and Fernsong. I just love them all together.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch