Did Ashfur deserve to go to Starclan? by Dewfeather

Ashfur-warrior-cats-forever-30356611-715-1024

Dewfeather debates if Ashfur deserved to go to StarClan

Yep, we’re getting into this. So I’ve seen tons of people saying stuff like “Thistleclaw murders nobody yet ends up in the Dark Forest, Ashfur attempts murder on four cats, and still gets into Starclan and Yellowfang makes excuses for him.” I do and don’t agree with that. Yes, Ashfur was a total psychopath attempting to murder Squirrelflight, Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather years after Squirrelflight rejected him. (Come on Ashfur, it’s time you move on.) But I don’t think he deserved to go to the Dark Forest.

Ashfur really wasn’t a violent cat like Thistleclaw, who attacked a kit (Scourge) and was a big bully to everyone but Snowfur. Thistleclaw enjoyed fighting, and would have led the clan into many unnecessary battles had he become deputy. He even died as he lived, fighting a Riverclan patrol by himself. And it is possible that Thistleclaw did get into Starclan, but it is mentioned in the books that after Bluestar died, she chased Thistleclaw into the Dark Forest. Thistleclaw is probably happy where he is, with Tigerstar, Darkstripe, Mapleshade, and all the other evil cats. But Ashfur wasn’t aggressive like Thistleclaw.

Ashfur was driven by a desire for revenge after Squirrelflight rejected him. I think it wasn’t Squirrelfligh he was angry at, and he still loved her, but Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight’s mate. He probably only wanted Squirrelflight and her kits to die because he wanted to make Brambleclaw miserable. So when Hollyleaf killed Ashfur, Ashfur was accepted into Starclan by only two votes. When you think about it, Ashfur isn’t like Tigerstar or the others. I can’t imagine Ashfur training warriors in the Dark Forest, either. Yellowfang said Ashfur’s only fault was he loved too much, and in a way, Yellowfang is guilty of the same thing. Even when Yellowfang became a medicine cat, she couldn’t stop seeing Raggedpelt. She loved Brokenstar even when he turned evil, and was hurt to kill him, even if it was for the adopted clan she loved. All Ashfur wanted to do was to be with the cat he loved, Squirrelflight.

So I hope I’ve answered your questions. In my opinion, Ashfur does not deserve to go to the Dark Forest. I still don’t know if I like that he’s in StarClan, though. If only there was a place cats who did terrible things but weren’t evil enough for the Dark Forest could go.

Fan Articles

Notify of
Rainpaw/pool & Lams' Ham & Yams
Rainpaw/pool & Lams' Ham & Yams
August 25, 2017 9:57 pm

So I’m re-reading this and if Ashfur had succeeded in killing Jay, Lion and Holly would his situation not be a lot like Mapleshade’s? Would that mean she shouldn’t be in the Dark Forest? And if you believe she SHOULD be in the Dark Forest, shouldn’t Ashfur also be sent there?

Sky
Sky
August 25, 2017 11:05 pm

Yeah! Mapleshade = StarClan. I think she would have been a better cat in StarClan with her kits.

2019, here I come!

Mapledrift
Mapledrift
September 17, 2017 6:33 pm
Reply to  Sky

Yeah Mapleshade in StarClan!!!!
She inspired my name

Somewhere that’s Green

Brightkit
Brightkit
October 1, 2017 7:05 pm
Reply to  Sky

Exactly

Larkfeather
Larkfeather
February 24, 2018 8:19 pm

I really don’t agree with Yellowfang when she says ‘Ashfur’s only fault was loving too much’. There is a BIG difference from Ashfur feeling hurt when Squirrelflight rejected him, and Ashfur turning into a nut who wants to kill every cat Squirrelflight was close to, just to make her suffer. Not cool, dude! 😝

Brackenstorm
Brackenstorm
May 7, 2018 11:12 pm

I think Thistleclaw should have gone to Starclan, because he did not really do anything wrong, but he did encourage Tigerstar to be evil and wanted to do battles all the time, where as Ashfur went to Starclan! he tried to kill Firestar (he took away a life) and later he tried to kill Squirrelflight, Jayfeather, Lionblaze and Hollyleaf! I don’t believe Thistleclaw is that bad but I don’t think Ashfur is that good!

shadowfang
Shadowfang
September 24, 2020 11:05 pm
Reply to  Brackenstorm

If Thistleclaw is in Dark Forest then Mudclaw should be there too.

🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
July 22, 2018 4:46 pm

I think I’m the only one on this page that understands Ashfur. He made a mistake, he truly did. But he is not evil. He was a caring and affectionate mate to Squirrelflight while it lasted, and he loved his sister. Ashfur doesn’t belong in the Dark Forest. He was tinged by bitterness and desire, so he did what he thought would make him feel better. But his conscience would have been too much for him. He’s a good cat, I believe that. His only problem was blindness.

love lasts forever

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 21, 2020 10:00 pm

I don’t really agree with your statement about thristleclaw. Didn’t do anything wrong? If you read spottedleaf’s heart, it’s obvious that he was clearly evil and manipulate towards spottedpaw. He even trained in the dark forest and is the reason why spottedleaf became a medicine cat!

~Dewy~Dewfeather~Dew on Eagles Feather~
~Dewy~Dewfeather~Dew on Eagles Feather~
February 15, 2020 1:42 am

Hello fellow dewfeather!

Dead cats never die

shadowfang
Shadowfang
September 24, 2020 11:04 pm

I disagree with Ashfur only hating Brambleclaw, he says in the books “I know you think I’ve never forgiven Brambleclaw for stealing you from me, but you’re wrong, and so is every cat that thinks so. My quarrel is with you, Squirrelflight. It always has been.” I think that he most definitely should be in The Dark Forest, because I think if you can trying to murder her father (the clan leader) and her kits loving to much then I think you are wrong. He is basically the same as Hawkfrost, he doesn’t listen to his leader (or deputy) and he tried to murder some cats. Including plotting with Hawkfrost to murder his own clan leader. Sorry I just think that he should be in The Dark Forest.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch