Bad Parents in Warriors by Wavepaw

Crowfeather-600x358

Wavepaw discusses some not-so-great role models in young warrior lives

Hey guys! It’s Wavepaw here with an article on the top 5 bad parents in the Warriors series! 😀

#5 – Spiderleg
ThunderClan
Dead (as of TAQ/TAS)
Mate: Daisy (formerly)
Kits: Rosepetal, Toadstep
Why he’s a bad parent: He neglected his kits, simply because he didn’t want kits and didn’t want to be mates with Daisy. He treated them only as Clanmates. This was very apparent when they were younger (not so much when they were warriors) and cats would urge him to spend time with his kits and Daisy, but he always refused.

#4 – Stormtail
ThunderClan
Dead
Mates: Moonflower, Dappletail
Kits: Bluestar, Snowfur (with Moonflower)
Why he’s a bad parent: You could argue that Stormtail is more of a bad mate then a bad parent. But honestly the fact that he basically cheated on Moonflower makes him a bad parent because of the way he went about it. On the day of the battle, he flirted with Dappletail literally RIGHT IN FRONT of Bluepaw. He also ignored and neglected his kits, only treating them as Clanmates until they were warriors, when he did grow closer, but still not as close as a father should be.

#3 – Sandgorse
WindClan
Dead
Mate: Palebird
Kit: Tallstar
Why he’s a bad parent: Sandgorse probably never set out to be a bad father. He was pretty involved with Tallkit when he was a kit, even though making a kit do a lighter version of what apprentices and warriors do was probably not a very good idea. However, when Heatherstar made Tallpaw a moor-runner instead of a tunneler, Sandgorse was furious and partly blamed it on Tallpaw, ignoring him, neglecting him, staying away from him, and making his life miserable. And Talltail went on a quest to try to kill the cat who “killed” him in return!

#2 – Crowfeather
WindClan
Alive
Mates: Feathertail, Leafpool, Nightcloud
Kits: Lionblaze, Jayfeather, Hollyleaf (with Leafpool), Breezepelt (with Nightcloud)
Why he’s a bad parent: Crowfeather never loved Nightcloud, only mated with her to make the Clan think he was loyal after the Leafpool scandal. Then he probably didn’t love Breezepelt. He pretty much hated Breezepelt and Nightcloud because he was still in love with Leafpool. He stayed away from Breezepelt and their split was very apparent. It ended up causing Breezepelt to train in the Dark Forest and be one of the only cats who actually knew – and approved of – what they were planning. In the Dark Battle, Crowfeather stops Breezepelt from killing Lionblaze, showing his favoritism for Leafpool over Nightcloud, but also accepting that Breezepelt’s decline was his fault and saving his other son. He saved Lionblaze’s life, but most likely hurt Breezepelt even more.
As for his ThunderClan kits, he either did not know they existed/who they were or was unable to acknowledge them. When they approach him on the border about it, he doesn’t believe them, but Leafpool did tell him that she was expecting kits, so we have no idea how much he knew. Even after he knew, he ignored them until the Dark Battle, where he saved Lionblaze from Breezepelt.

Aaaaaand

(Drumroll please)

The #1 Bad Parent in Warrior Cats goes tooooooo…

RAINFLOWER!!

RiverClan
Dead
Mate: Shellheart (formerly)
Kits: Crookedstar, Oakheart
Why she’s a bad parent: At first Rainflower seemed like a great mother, sometimes favoring Stormkit a little, but nonetheless an awesome parent. Then her “handsome little warrior” snuck out of camp with his brother, got scared by Goosefeather, and broke his jaw. Of course none of the blame belonged to Oakkit, Goosefeather, or herself and the other warriors for not noticing. It was OBVIOUSLY all Stormkit’s fault. Suddenly he’s not handsome anymore, even though virtually nothing about him has changed except he has a twisted jaw. He heals, but his jaw is forever twisted. Rainflower hardly ever visits him while he’s in the medicine den and when she does, she refuses to look at him. When Brambleberry clears him to return to the nursery, Rainflower makes him sleep in his own nest even though Oakkit is still sleeping in hers. She also makes Hailstar rename him Crookedkit. She obviously favors Oakkit and he is apprenticed before Crookedkit, making Crookedkit run away. He comes back and as he grows up she continues to favor Oakheart and ignore him. (This resulted in her split from Shellheart back when she wanted to rename him Crookedkit.) She makes snide comments and this results in a confrontation with Crookedjaw, Oakheart, Willowbreeze, and Shellheart. When a dog attacks her and her patrol Crookedjaw doesn’t defend her but fights the dog instead, which ultimately results in her death and Oakheart (and himself) blames him. When Hailstar dies and Brambleberry takes him to the Moonstone, Rainflower does not give Crookedstar a life.

Honorable Mentions:

-Palebird
-Brightflower
-Raggedstar

Thank you so much for reading my article! Tell me what you thought! 😀

78 Replies to “Bad Parents in Warriors by Wavepaw”

1. Avatar
    Shimmerfeather
    September 18, 2016 at 1:57 am

I’m really happy you didn’t put Millie in here, because I personally think that everyone just hates her because she yelled at her daughter once. I’m pretty sure your parents have yelled at you once!

September 18, 2016 at 2:09 am

She did more than just yell at Blossomfall once. But the thing is, while I don’t particularly like how she treated Blossomfall, she isn’t as bad as the rest 😛

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Prowlcaw
      September 23, 2016 at 2:41 am

I think that Stormtail should be replaced with Millie, just my opinion, because Stormtail just wasn’t around to raise his kits and never said anything bad to them and they grew up just fine without him. But Millie neglected them, yelled at them, and was way too obsessed with Briarlight that she couldn’t even care for the rest of her kits. Even Briarlight thought it was to much attention. Also, Blossomfall grew up to be a depressed cat, training in the dark forest and everything. I do agree Millie got closer as they got older, but she can’t undo the mistakes she made. Millie was also really cool in the manga, but apparently she was too nice for the Erins. Just my opinion.

September 24, 2016 at 3:25 am

Don’t worry. Everyone has opinions.
        😌😄

September 24, 2016 at 2:16 am

Yep, I agree. I love Millie

Fernfall
      September 24, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I agree, I love Millie and all the hate she gets really makes me sad 🙂

Shiverstream
        November 3, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I think that it’s unjust that she gets so much hate for neglecting blossomfall because I’ll bet none of you hate your parents cause when your (if you have one) younger sibling was born they got all the attention. Millie was in an even more difficult situation than this because she had a CRIPPLED daughter! You might just want to look at yourself and think ‘ what would I have done’ in all honesty!
        As for shouting at blossomfall as shimmerfeather said all your parents probably yelled at your more than once in your life! Also Millie dealt with her concerned by yelling and although that isn’t the best way to handle it blossomfall handled all of her problems by training in the dark forest! Nobody is perfect people!

September 6, 2017 at 4:10 am

I liked silverstream better I hate Millie and squirrelflight

Larkfeather
      February 24, 2018 at 11:09 pm

February 25, 2018 at 1:38 am

Yeah, but that’s really simpling it down. She was very overbearing of Briarlight. Much more than she should have been. Blossomfall wanted attention, but she only got negative attention.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Larkfeather
      February 24, 2018 at 11:11 pm

THANK YOU!!!!! But seriously, she has a right to be worried about Briarlight! A tree fell on her and broke her spine!!! And she yelled at Blossomfall because she went out and did something stupid while Briarlight was sick! I’m pretty sure your parents have yelled at you before! XD this totally turned into a ‘why Millie isn’t so bad rant’ Maybe I should make an article!

2. Avatar
    Lavendertail
    September 18, 2016 at 11:29 am

Hello! I’m new, and I like this list.

I wanted to poke in and wonder what you thought about Windrunner/Windstar or Clearsky/Skystar? They’re from the Dawn of the Clans series, although Windrunner’s relationship with Mothflight is explored in better detail in Mothflight’s Vision.

September 18, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Hi! Welcome to BlogClan! Thank you 😀

I think Clear Sky was definitely a bad parent to Thunder, but the way he treated his other kits overshadows that, at least when you’re looking from a broader perspective. I tried not to use cats who were only a bad parent to a fraction of their kits and not the whole, which is why he, Millie, and Lizardstripe aren’t here.

Tbh I don’t think Wind Runner was a bad parent. She was being way too harsh, but she always loved Moth Flight and wanted to see her get better, which is what sets her apart from most of the parents here. Moth Flight has ADHD, and cats don’t have the technology and knowledge to understand that kind of thing. If Wind Runner were aware of that, she probably would’ve treated Moth Flight different from the start, not just after she became a medicine cat.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

3. Avatar
    Mapleblaze
    September 18, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Nice article, Wavepaw! (And did you draw that picture for the article?)

September 19, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Thank you! And no, I did not. I think Bramblefire did 😀

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Mapleblaze
        September 20, 2016 at 12:53 am

Well your article was still amazing. Keep writing great articles!

October 4, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Cool! i absolutley loved the articla! THank u Wavepaw! You helped me so much making my own animation.

4. Avatar
    September 18, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Appledusk
    Nuff’ said.

September 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Appledusk was a bad mate. Remember the time he saved Patchkit? I’d say that’s being a good enough parent.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Moonpaw Of FandomClan
        September 20, 2016 at 2:12 am

I know, but he still sucks.

globgogabgalab

5. Avatar
    Blazeleaf
    September 19, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Nice…. Great too know

May Star Clan Light Your Path!

6. Avatar
    September 6, 2017 at 5:16 am

Wow this was almost a year ago. Time flies. 😮

7. Avatar
    January 22, 2018 at 10:08 pm

Yes, from all the previous comments & opinions, yes, Millie should’ve been included and Squirrelflight…Maybe. Though Squirrelflight tried her best to take care of her adopted kits, so I would say that Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather were actually the ones being mean which makes them Bad Children.
    Yeah, that’s all I have to say.
    Ohhh! And I agree Rainflower was a horrible parent.

8. Avatar
    February 25, 2018 at 1:58 am

Wow Wavey back when you were an itty bitty ‘paw…. 🙂
    (did you know that we’re almost the same age? if your wattpad summary is correct In fact, I think I’m a teeny bit older than you…)

*inspiring song lyrics*

9. Avatar
    Wishpaw
    January 12, 2019 at 2:25 am

What’s even worse about Rainflower is the fact that she didn’t correct him when he did dangerous things and when he finally hurts himself she won’t take accountability for it.

10. Avatar
    March 22, 2019 at 5:40 pm

I thought that Crowfeather didn’t care about Breezepelt until I read his SE. He always cared about Breezepelt but because he was the only surviving kit of his litter, Nightcloud was way too overprotective. She would never let Crowfeather play with him or do anything with him. It explains in his SE that when Breezepelt was born, he felt nothing but love for him.

Lovin life