Russetfeather discusses different Disney songs that go hand in hand with cats from Warriors
There’s probably going to be spoilers got most of the series so continue at your own risk.
A little background on why I chose to do this. In my English class last year we had to write a paper about what our “theme song” for our life would be and why we felt that song was a good representation of us. This project got me thinking of songs that fit characters in Warriors and I decided, “Why not write an article about it?” “Why not have the list be Disney songs?” This article will probably be just first series characters and their personalities from the first series. It would be impossible to find a song that describes their whole character! I might do more of you guys like it! So here we go…
1. Firestar – Go the Distance from Hercules – I think this is a good fit for him because he was never happy where he was and was willing to leave everything he knew to fit in. The song just explains him and what he went through and how he knew, that if he was given the chance, he could do great things. And he did.
2. Graystripe – You’ve Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story – I don’t think this one needs much explanation. Graystripe was Firestar’s best friend from the moment they met. He was always there for Firestar, and Firestar was always there for him. He would do whatever he could to help Firestar.
3. Sandstorm – I Won’t Say I’m in Love from Hercules – I feel like this really describes not only her initial feelings for Firestar but also her personality in general. In this song Meg is saying how she knows better and how what she’s doing will only lead to heartbreak (or so she thinks). I think that describes how Sandstorm knew what she was doing, but realized that she didn’t truly mean it, and was just trying to defend herself from being hurt.
4. Cloudtail – Why Should I Worry? from Oliver and Company – This song describes Cloudtail’s personality in the first few books that we knew him. He truly didn’t think he had any reason to worry about anything. He blatantly disobeyed Firestar multiple times, ate kittypet food, was just disrespectful to cats in general. He believed that it didn’t matter what he did because he had “street smarts” and that’s all that mattered.
5. Ravenpaw and Barley – Hakuna Matata from The Lion King – I put them together because I see Ravenpaw as young Simba, a young cat that as just had everything he’s ever known ripped right out from under him. I see Barley as Timon/Pumba because he went through a lot of struggle in his early life but was able to make the best out of what came to him. The reason I chose this song was because Barley takes Ravenpaw in and gives him a home where he has no worries of his past home. At first (if I remember correctly) Ravenpaw seemed skeptical but he quickly accepted his new life and ended up truly happy.
6. Tigerstar – Be Prepared from The Lion King – This one really doesn’t need a lot of explanation. Tigerstar plots to kill his leader so that he can gain power and when his initial plan fails he lets ThunderClan know that one day he will be victorious. In this song he basically calls the hyenas idiots, and while we never see Tigerstar doing this to either BloodClan or RiverClan, I can imagine he did feel like he was superior to them and was the mastermind behind everything. Again I don’t have a lot of explanation but the moment I think of Tigerstar this songs pops into my mind.
7. Scourge – Friends on the Other Side from Princess and the Frog – Now, really Scourge was the “friend on the other side” but in this song Dr. Facilier says, “You’re in my world now, not your world”, which I think describes how Scourge worked. He brought cats into his home so that he could have the advantage. He also lured Tigerstar into a false sense of security and promised him the forest without revealing his true intentions to him, much like Dr. Facilier in this song. The music of this song also fits him because it is very slow-paced at first because was see him as nothing more than an ally to Tigerstar but we soon realize that Scourge is a much bigger threat than Tigerstar was, shown as the music picks up and becomes very ominous.
So how did I do? Do you agree with me? Do you think another song would have fit these characters better? If you have cats you’d like me to do please comment below! Thanks for reading!