My Thoughts On Popular Warrior Cats! (SPOILERS) by Grayblaze

Bluestar

Grayblaze discusses popular and unpopular opinions on cats

These are my thoughts/opinions on different warriors that are quite popular (and not so popular) in the Warriors fandom. Those cats are Cinderpelt, Hollyleaf, Crowfeather, Breezepelt, Bramblestar, Mapleshade and Bluestar. Nobody has to agree with me, but I just felt like ranting, AND seeing what others think! (I’ll be using Warriors slang because I don’t know if I should swear, mostly because a fair amount of Warriors fans are young, but while about 60% are older, I don’t know if I’m allowed to swear on this site.. Oops)

Cinderpelt.
Personally, I think she would’ve been able to still become a warrior. Cinderpelt only injured ONE leg and was forced to become a medicine cat, but Briarlight gets to be a warrior with both of her hind legs completely paralyzed? I know that Cinderpelt was reincarnated as Cinderheart and she is the warrior she’s always wanted to be, but she doesn’t even know about being Cinderpelt. I actually wonder what would happen if she knew. But, back to my point. I side on the opposite argument also; if Cinderpelt never went the route of becoming a medicine cat, Yellowfang would be dead, without someone to be the next medicine cat. Leafpool would have become a warrior, and that would change the plot quite a lot. (Heh, that rhymed)

Hollyleaf.
First of all, why didn’t she have powers? An even better question: Why is she disliked so much? — Hollyleaf stuck to the warrior code, and people don’t hate her for just that. It drove her mad (not insane, just trying to make a point here) to know that her whole life was practically a lie. Just her being alive was breaking the warrior code, which was something she held close to heart. Maybe a little TOO close. She thought she had no other choice but to kill Ashfur to keep the secret safe, but it ended with her telling the truth anyways. That was a slightly mouse-brained thing of her to do, but I guess she couldn’t bare to know that she’d keep living a lie, so it came out. Hollyleaf even tried to kill Leafpool by attempting to force her to eat death berries. Her life was in pieces, which made her plunge deep within the tunnels, and (I think) the collapsing rocks killed her. Basically, I have mixed feelings for her. I feel bad for Hollyleaf, but I don’t exactly like her, nor do I dislike her. She’s a confusing character, mkay?

Crowfeather.
Ah, Crowfeather. How much I hate this piece o’ crap cannot be expressed simply through words. Why do I hate him, exactly? Well, for one, he treats his son, Breezepelt, like crow-food. I feel with Breezepelt on an emotional level, kind of, so I know what it’s like, kind of. I also feel really bad for Nightcloud, knowing that Crowfeather doesn’t love her or give a flying hedgehog about their son. I mean, why did they even have Breezepelt if they don’t even love each other? — And for two, he fell in love with Feathertail, someone who is way older than him, and suddenly fell in love with some random medicine cat, (Leafpool) for what reason exactly? But there’s more: he couldn’t even accept the fact that he had three other kits, and completely rejected that they are his kits. And, last but not least, he is grumpier than Jayfeather and Yellowfang combined, (That may be an overstatement) and in a negative way. In conclusion, nobody likes him.

Breezepelt.
He may be grumpy, but he is one of my favorite characters. People I’ve known who have read Warriors always hate Breezepelt just for being rude, but all I see is an innocent warrior that was completely abandoned by his own father, Crowfeather, and Breezepelt was especially treated like fox-dung by him. I’ve got to admit, we all get into those Breezepelt kind of moods, am I right? (And Jayfeather moods. And Yellowfang moods. And Mousefur moods…) One thing I do dislike about Breezepelt, though, is when he hurt Jayfeather and said something along the lines of, “Try and hit me, Jayfeather!”

Bramblestar.
Although I’m only on The Fourth Apprentice, my friends who have read nearly all the Warriors books have given me so many spoilers, I practically know everything about the books I haven’t even gotten to read yet. The only thing that hasn’t been spoiled for me is Hawkwing’s Journey and Ravenpaw’s Farewell. ANYWAYS, I’M GETTING SIDETRACKED — Brambleclaw/star is one of those characters that nobody extremely likes or extremely dislikes. He even seems, or seemed slightly ambitious. In one of the books, I can’t remember which one, but I believe that Brambleclaw got pissed whenever Ashfur or some other warrior was given an apprentice, and Squirrelflight noticed it. (This was when Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight were having their little quarrel over Hawkfrost being evil, but Brambleclaw denied it) But, I feel that his entire personality and character as a whole completely disappeared when he became a, quote on quote, “false parent” to Jaykit, Hollykit and Lionkit. It happened to Squirrelflight, Firestar, Sandstorm, and many, many more characters. They just become boring somehow. Is that just me, or can anyone else agree?

Mapleshade.
She, to me, is in my top three favorite list of characters. She may be in the Dark Forest, but let me tell you why she’s so fricken’ amazing. One, she treated Crookedkit as if he were her own kit whenever he was rejected by his own mother. Two, she… Well, uh. I can’t think of any other reasons, except for the horrible things that happened to her and how awesome her revenge was. If I were put in her position, I would’ve gone mad too, having lost THREE of my children, being blamed for it, having my partner stab me in the back and be in love with a completely different person, and not even being able to see my own children being buried. If that happened to me, I’d feel like my whole world was crashing down onto me. Mapleshade shouldn’t have lied about the father of her kits in the first place, or she probably wouldn’t have been banished, and her kits wouldn’t have died, because the only reason they died was because of being banished. Her Clanmates would’ve been more understanding, most likely, if she would’ve told the truth. But, besides that, I still love her.

Bluestar.
Besides the fact that being driven completely mad by being betrayed by Tigerclaw and all the things that has happened to her in the past, she is an amazing character to me. I could see why she thought StarClan had abandoned her, and I feel really bad for her. First, her sister was killed right in front of her very eyes. Then, Oakheart was murdered. And, last but not least, Mosskit was killed, too, and she had to give away her kits to a completely different Clan, where she could never see them again, and she would never have the chance to tell them the truth. I don’t really get why some people hate her. She’s a good character.

Well, those were my thoughts on some Warriors characters that I like, dislike, or that I have no idea if I should like them or not. I hope someone can agree with some of my opinions! (There are many more characters I’d like to rant about, but I’m too lazy)

Fan Articles

Notify of
Owlheart
Owlheart
October 20, 2016 2:59 pm

I agree with all of them except Breezepelt I hate him.
Hollyleaf survives and Cinderheart Found out about the Cinderpelt reincarnation thing.

Raccoonpaw
Raccoonpaw
October 28, 2016 8:48 pm
Reply to  Owlheart

Agreed I hate Breezepelt too

Emberdawn
Emberdawn
October 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Yeah, no swearing on the blog 🙂

Woooooooo, go Hollyleaf!

Wollow
Wollow
October 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Nobody except me hates Brambleclaw 😛

Anyway, GREAT article 😀

yeehaw

Breezefire
Breezefire
October 20, 2016 11:45 pm

I LOVE BREEZEPELT!!!!

Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
October 21, 2016 2:16 am

Okay. Bluestar didn’t HAVE to give her kits away; she chose to just so she could be deputy! And it was completely her fault that Mosskit died. Plenty of other people in the warriors series lost people- and most of them didn’t spend their whole lives moping about it. They moved on, and that’s why we love them so much! But Bluestar just spent most of her life being grumpy and refusing to let people sympathize or to just buck up and be a good warrior. Honestly, I don’t understand why in the Dark Forest (not gonna swear!) Sunstar wanted to make her deputy. Thrushpelt, Lionheart, or basically anyone- in MY OPINION- would have been better. And she was so mean after Tigerclaw betrayed her! I mean, I know she’d been through a lot, but she still shouldn’t’ve gone psycho! And don’t get me started on poor Thrushpelt. Honestly, he reminds me a ton of Bumblestripe, and if you think about it, Bluestar is rather like Dovewing, who I also strongly dislike. Okay, I could rant for HOURS about Bluestar, but I’m gonna stop here.

I liked the rest of your article! ^^

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
October 21, 2016 3:02 am

I do think she said in Forest of Secrets that her decision was also motivated by the fact that RiverClan was eating better than ThunderClan at the time, and her kits had a better chance of surviving leafbare there. I do think giving away her kits was extreme, and there were other better ways to keep Thistleclaw from becoming deputy (like actually telling Sunstar about how he nearly let a kit get murdered), but I do think the threat of Thistleclaw becoming deputy was a legitimate one.

As for her moping… everyone grieves differently. She’s not a bad person because of it. She /was/ a good warrior, it just took her longer than some other people to process her grief. It happens. And I definitely understood how it would be frustrating for her to see other cats seeming to move on after the cats she care about die, and want her to move on as well, when she isn’t ready to let go of her pain.

After when Tigerclaw betrayed her, she was old and at the end of a long, hard life. Plus, she couldn’t exactly control it – Vicky said she had dementia, I believe.

Your first point I understand, and your second and third points I disagree with but kinda get… but for your fourth point, I completely disagree. What exactly did she do wrong in regards to Thrushpelt? Not return his feelings? She can’t control who she falls in love with. She has every right to not try to love him back, and to choose who she wants to be mates with (disregarding the laws of the warrior code and so on). And unlike how some people (myself not included) interpret Dovewing’s actions, Bluestar never even led Thrushpelt on or gave him any kind of indication that she was romantically interested in him, then took it back. She always was just a friend to him, and never tried to act otherwise.

BlogTeam Administrator

Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
October 21, 2016 4:33 am
Reply to  Jayfrost

It was a legitimate threat, but there were so many less drastic ways to take care of it, like talking to Sunstar, that of really, really, irks me. And though RiverClan was eating better, queens and kits are always fed first, so there wasn’t really all that much to worry about there either.

I never said that it made her a bad person. It just made her seem kind of whiny. Her way of dealing with grief isn’t BAD, but it just frustrates me. I feel like she could have tried harder to deal with it. There were a lot of people there to help her through it, but I got the vibe that she wasn’t LETTING them help her, and that annoys me.

Yeah, I know that it wasn’t her fault, and I don’t exactly BLAME her, but I still hate how she acted and how mean she got. I feel like one of Bluestar’s flaws is excessive independence- if she accepted others’ help, like that of Snowfur, Sunstar, Whitestorm, or Fireheart, she would end up a better cat for it. If she had listened to others’ advice, she could have snapped out of it sooner and/or the cats of ThunderClan wouldn’t have suffered as much hardship under the rest of her reign.

She didn’t exactly do anything wrong to Thrushpelt, but I find it very annoying that she had a kind tom who loved her, and who she at least considered as a friend, who she could have easily settled with (or not, I’m not pressuring her to settle with someone she doesn’t love), who was there in ThunderClan, but instead had a hastily developed, slapdash relationship h a RiverClan tom that broke the warrior code and basically ended in the unhappiness of everyone involved. And just like Bumblestripe, I feel sorry for Thrushpelt and I think he deserves better.

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
October 21, 2016 4:42 am

I mean, clearly there was something to worry about, if Mosskit was already so weak that the walk to RiverClan killed her. 😛 I’m not saying she wouldn’t have lived if Bluestar hadn’t just kept her in the nursery, but let’s be honest, a healthy kit would have likely survived the journey. That means her kits were already not properly fed, and there was some legitimate concern about them surviving leafbare.

I was frustrated reading it too, but I was frustrated on Bluestar’s behalf, that cats just didn’t /listen/ to her and realize how much she was still hurting, and thought she should just get over it already. Yeah, she wasn’t letting them help, because she didn’t want them to help, because she didn’t want to get over it, especially with Moonflower’s death, because she thought it was a betrayal to Moonflower to just go on with her life and pretend she wasn’t gone. Like I said, everyone processes grief differently.

I could accept that argument for a lot of the other times, but after Tigerclaw’s betrayal, I honestly don’t think she was mentally healthy enough to accept any cat’s help.

Regardless of how good or bad Bluefur’s relationship was with Oakheart, Thrushpelt has nothing to do with it. He was never a better option for her, because she never loved him. And yeah, he deserves to have someone who loves him back, but that cat was never going to be Bluefur, and that’s not her fault.

BlogTeam Administrator

Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
October 21, 2016 4:51 am
Reply to  Jayfrost

Jayie, I’m pretty sure that Mosskit froze to death. It was cold and snowy, and it was nighttime, and healthy or not, kits are not the strongest. It’s honestly a miracle that Stonekit and Mistykit survived the journey.

I know that it’s Bluestar’s opinion, and I’m not hating on her because of it, I just don’t like her point of view. And if she had been more open to others’ points of view, and/or if they had been open to hers, it really wouldn’t’ve been such a problem.

Yes, but if she had made a habit of it earlier in life, it would have been MUCH easier. 😛

I know that he wasn’t necessarily a better option love-wise, and she didn’t have to be with him- I respect her not liking him, and I know it’s not her fault- but her relationship with Oakheart was wrong and against the code. No matter whether she would’ve ended up with Thrushpelt or anyone else or not- and she likely wouldn’t’ve- she shouldn’t have been with him.

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
October 21, 2016 4:55 am

Yeah, but I feel like if she was better-fed and had more meat on her bones, she would have had a better chance.

It wasn’t about seeing other cats’ points of view, it was about her and how she was processing the grief. I don’t think trying to see it from other cats’ point of view would have helped… she still would have felt grief.

I don’t think so. She was old, and Tigerclaw’s betrayal was too much for her to handle.

Fair enough. I do respect her for only spending one night with him, and promising to devote herself entirely to her Clan after that (I have mixed feelings about the whole love across the border thing being against the rules regardless, but that’s beside the point). I just think it’s important to differentiate that criticism of her relationship with Oakheart from her not having a relationship with Thrushpelt.

BlogTeam Administrator

Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
October 21, 2016 5:02 am
Reply to  Jayfrost

Probably 😛 Some kits are just built that way, however.

Of course she still would’ve felt grief- she just would have been able to find a better way to deal with it.

Maybe it was, but they could have helped her through it if she had trusted them more. She had seen evidence of Tigerclaw’s evilness, and the others’ righteousness. Honestly, there weren’t many reasons to start trusting no one. And I know it was because she had mental issues, but it still kind of annoys me.

I know, and I’m sorry if it looked that wasy at first, but my statements are a mix of disgust for cross-Clan relationships and pity for Thrushpelt. And even though she repented of her sin, she still made the choice in the first place.

Okay, I have to do my chore now, but I can get back to asny response you make later. Nice debating with you, Jay~

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
October 21, 2016 5:16 am

I don’t know, I think her Clanmates were too pushy about her moving on, and it wasn’t really helping her.

Sin? 😛 That seems a bit extreme. Yeah, crossClan relationships complicate things and are against the rules, but I don’t think I’d go so far as to call it sinful.

Haha, you too. 🙂 Good luck with your chore.

BlogTeam Administrator

Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
Shimmerfrost Loves Sans & Paps from Undertale
October 21, 2016 5:24 am

They may have been pushy, but it was mostly cause shenwouldn’t listen to them.

Yeh, that may have gone a bit too far. But that is how most of the code-keeping warriors see it, I suppose.

LOL, I’m listening to The World Was Wide Enough rn, and it kind of fits this

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
October 21, 2016 5:39 am

Because she didn’t want to move on yet.

Probably.

Haha, nice! 😀 I really don’t listen to that one often… actually, I’ve only listened to it once. 😛 I have a playlist of all of the songs in the soundtrack except for the ones that are sad, and I listen to that instead of the full soundtrack.

BlogTeam Administrator

Misty Ghost on Halloween Night (Mistypaw)
Misty Ghost on Halloween Night (Mistypaw)
October 21, 2016 2:24 am

I. HATE. BREEZEBUTT.
I. LOVE. BLUESTAR AND MAPLESHADE AND HOLLYLEAF.
But great article!

Cinders that Blows in Haunted Winds (Cinderkit|Cindertail)
Cinders that Blows in Haunted Winds (Cinderkit|Cindertail)
October 21, 2016 5:29 am

Ooo, No swearing on BlogClan.

Nice Article!

Shimmerfeather
Shimmerfeather
October 21, 2016 6:21 am

I agree with you on… ALL of these! Great article!

Sunlake
Sunlake
October 21, 2016 10:50 am

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Breezepelt. Not because he was rude, but because he followed the Dark Forest and fought with them. I honestly don’t like Mapleshade. I can empathize and sympathize for her, but in the end, she wasn’t a good cat. Bramblestar probably is one of my favorite cats in Warriors. Although a little dips here and there, he was extremely loyal and very developed and relatable.

Good article!

Mistleheart
Mistleheart
October 22, 2016 1:40 am

I agree with some of your views except for:

Breezepelt

I understand that some people like him, and I kind of felt sorry for him before The Fourth Apprentice. Yeah, Crowfeather was pretty bad to him, but Nightcloud was the one that spoiled him and never taught him right or wrong. And in The Fourth Apprentice he attacked an expecting queen, aka. Poppyfrost, and a medicine cat, aka. Jayfeather. He was also willing to kill Lionblaze for the Dark Forest even though he was his half-brother. What else did he do? Hmm. For me, Breezepelt sometimes is my least favorite character (no offense) and sometimes is not. But either way I’ve never liked him and he was always below the ‘okay’ point.

Crowfeather

I don’t hate him even though he made some pretty bad choices: 1. Neglecting Breezepelt and letting him become the cat he became and 2. Neglecting his other kits, Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze just because of the kind of stupid thing Leafpool did. However, you WILL remember that he stopped Breezepelt from killing Lionblaze (not saying he would’ve, because of Lionblaze’s epic power). I don’t know what you’d think about that because you say that you like Breezepelt, et cetera. Still, the nicest thing he said to Leafpool after their kits were born? ‘It was never meant to be … I don’t regret anything. Anything at all.’ The heck, Crowfeather.

Yeah, that’s pretty much it. Your other points, I totally agree with you, especially about Mapleshade. Though I think her revenge should’ve been better. Maybe she could’ve murdered Oakstar or anyone else who wronged her kits. And personally, I feel totally sorry for her. Poor Mapleshade, driven mad by her own grief. 🙁

Moonkit
Moonkit
October 22, 2016 12:49 pm

about Hollyleaf…Fallen Leaves’ spirit revived her or something, so she was still alive, and eventually returned to ThunderClan

Moonkit
Moonkit
October 22, 2016 12:57 pm
Reply to  Moonkit

otherwise that was great!

Brighttail - Bright Tail Of Black Cat (Brightwing)
Brighttail - Bright Tail Of Black Cat (Brightwing)
October 25, 2016 6:51 am
Reply to  Moonkit

Hey Moonkit! We have the same gravatar!

Brighttail - Bright Tail Of Black Cat (Brightwing)
Brighttail - Bright Tail Of Black Cat (Brightwing)
October 25, 2016 9:44 am

You obviously have some strong opinions, Greyblaze! (love the name by the way). Good detail.
I love Cinderpelt’s character, but am also confused as to how serious her leg injury is. 😕
I like Hollyleaf too, but SPOILERS as Moonkit says above Hollyleaf reappeared from the tunnels in The Forgotten Warrior.
I like Crowfeather! 😞 I think that he had to deal with a lot, but managed to get through it by letting Feathertail go and loving Leafpool instead.
Breezepelt. Meh. I don’t really like him, even though he had a hard kithood. He chose the dark side over all, and that’s what really counts.
I’m kind of neutral with Bramble. He was nice and was desperate to prove himself better than Tigerstar, but became a bit of a jerk while arguing with Squirrelflight and training in the dark forest. I haven’t read the Vision of Shadows yet though, so I don’t know what he’s like as leader.
I don’t like Mapleshade. I understand she had a hard time after losing her kits, but she could’ve controlled herself more, I think. I’m not sure she was that kind to Crookedkit either.
Bluestar was good, but as I haven’t read Bluestar’s Prophecy, I can’t know much about her. She was a great figure head for ThunderClan.

Bluepaw (Blueheart)
Bluepaw (Blueheart)
August 19, 2017 4:20 am

Great Article!!! I read all of them except Mapleshade because I haven’t read Crookedstar’s Promise yet. Anyways I almost didn’t read this scared of spoilers then, I saw that you said you were on the Fourth Apprentice I wasl ike… well.. I’ll try it. 😛

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch