Sad News

Miu Miu and Flower enjoying the sunshine in their prime

Firstly, thank you BlogTeam for keeping BlogClan happy and busy while I’ve been away from my computer.

It’s been a difficult week. Miu Miu, my gorgeous, great-hearted, easy-going cat has been sick for a long while. He never truly recovered after his eye operation. He had melanoma in one eye and, despite having the eye removed, the cancer seems to have slowly spread. Over the past year, he’s very gradually grown thinner and weaker, dropping from 6.5 kg to 2.9 kg. Last week, his constantly sniffly nose began oozing blood. He was vomiting every day and hardly slept. So I made the heartbreaking decision to let him go.

Josh and I took him to the vets on Tuesday evening where a very gentle vet sedated him. Miu Miu was calm, and purred as he fell asleep. It was extremely sad, but also a relief to see him finally at ease after so much discomfort. When he was fast asleep, the vet gave the final anaesthetic that put him to sleep forever. Then the vet covered him with a soft blanket like tucking in a sleeping child, and left me and Josh alone to say our goodbyes.

We are heartbroken to lose such a wonderful cat, but he is at peace now and won’t suffer anymore. He will be cremated and I will keep his ashes close forever because he really was a dear and beloved member of our family. It helps to know that he won’t only be remembered by us and our family and friends, but by BlogClan too.His sister, Flower, is fine and healthy She has her brother’s lovely nature, so he lives on in her.

132 Replies to “Sad News”

1. Whorlpelt
    February 6, 2017 at 1:59 am

I’m very sorry for your loss, Kate. Losing a pet is hard– losing a pet to cancer is even harder. I had something similar happen to my childhood dog a little under a year ago when a very aggressive cancer that originated in her lungs rapidly metastasized throughout her whole body. Over the course of about a month, she went from being being able to walk for hours to being unable to even raise herself up from bed, and she started coughing up a lot of blood. It is the worst thing to see someone you consider a member of your family suffer in a prolonged state like that, and it really sucks to have to come to grips with the fact that putting your pet down is the best course of actions to end his or her suffering. I’m glad you and Josh provided him and his sister with an amazing home and plenty of love, and I wish you both the best.

Pallas Cat, WiaN?, and Whorl.

• Kate Cary
      February 6, 2017 at 9:09 am

❤️ 😔 Thank you. And I’m sorry for your loss too. It is hard letting them go.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

2. Applebriar
    February 12, 2017 at 9:06 pm

I’m so sorry, Kate. I recently had to give away all of my cats: Iris, Wicket, Peep, and her kits, Ginger(Gingy) and Linty, who looked like the gray lint out of a dryer. I shared pictures of my cats to you over Messenger when I was Thistlegorse.

3. March 9, 2017 at 7:19 pm

It’s hard letting a loved cat go, I know the feeling. When I was six, my favorite cat ever, Teddy, was born. He was a B E A U T I F U L, massive, sweet boy with at least 30 shades of grey on his soft, fluffy pelt. Teddy was around six when he died, and the only died because a stray dog got into our backyard when Teddy was outside for awhile, when I went outside to bring Teddy in, the dog had killed him. (This is the number one reason why I absolutely hate dogs.)

4. April 30, 2017 at 4:05 pm

This comment is late, and I feel bad for not seeing it, but I’m so sorry for your loss.
    I recently lost my cat to cancer as well. He was 8 months old, and a very good cat. 🙁
    I’m so sorry Kate.

ladies & gentlemen
    we got 'em

• Kate
      April 30, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Thanks, Lily 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

5. April 30, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Aw man… I’m so sorry.
    I wish I was here sooner.

Kate, I hope my cat never has to experience the pain Miu went through…

May Starclan light your path, Miu Miu…
    <333 ;-;

merri new year and happy chris

• Kate
      May 2, 2017 at 11:23 am

❤️

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

6. Fluffytail
    June 19, 2018 at 7:51 pm

May StarClan light your path, Miu Miu. May you have good hunting, swift running and shelter where you sleep.
    I’m so sorry, Kate! I know how it feels to lose a pet. I lost my dog to something That I don’t know.

7. July 23, 2018 at 10:59 pm

I know, I’m VERY late. EXTREMELY. I just wanted to say, May StarClan light your path Miu Miu. May you have good hunting, swift running, and shelter where you sleep.
    I’m really sorry for you, Kate! (IT’S WAY TOO LATE TO SAY THIS) but…StarClan’s with him 🙂
    (Miu Miu, say hi to Firestar for me!)

love lasts forever