Tigerheart or Bumblestripe? by Leopardbreeze

In which Leopardbreeze asks a dangerous question…

I would like to warn ou that there are spoilers in this article, read at your own risk.
Many people do not like Dovewing for her “lack of personality” compared to her sister Ivypool. They call her a cheater -which is technically true- but I personally disagree. Like her sister, Dovewing just wants to be a good warrior for her clan, and maybe find a little love. Though she is faced with a very difficult choice: Tigerheart or Bumblestripe?

Dovewing first chooses Tigerheart but then goes to Bumblestripe. But then recently she has been shown to like Tigerheart a bit better. They frequently ask about each other to fellow patrols and greet each other friendly. In Bramblestars storm Bumblestripe comments on how good a mother Dovewing will be and she is quick to reply that there is plenty of time. Also in Bramblestar’s storm, when she is on the patrol with Bramblestar, Thornclaw and Greystripe she asks a Shadowclan patrol if every cat in their clan is alive, obviously thinking about Tigerheart.

Another example to show that Tigerheart and Dove still love each other would be in A vision of shadows book two: Thunder and Shadows. When Tigerheart (the newly named deputy of Shadowclan) is staying Thunderclan with his few clan mates, and is watching Dovewing and Bumblestripe talking with narrowed eyes. It says that Dovewing was deep in coversation, and if you ask me this was act to make Tigerheart jealous.

Bumblestripe is a kind tom and generally light hearted. Though he cares about Dovewing as more then just a friend, I do not think that Dovewing has the same feelings for him. I think that she likes him moor as a friend then a mate at the moment. In my opinion DovexBumble is Bluestar and Thrushpelt all over again.

Tigerheart is a slightly ambitious, brave tom that stole Dovewings heart. Though he can be snarky to cats outside fo his own clan, he has always had a soft spot for Dovewing. He has been shown to ask Ivypool about Dovewing a lot especially after there little fight. Dovewing tells Tigerheart about Jayfeathers herb patch and Tigerheart tells his own clan about it. Then shadowclan keeps Ivypool hostage, threatening to keep her unless Thunderclan gave them cat-mint. Dovewing gets mad at Tigerheart about this and he retorts that “he must put his clan first.” Dovewing then asks “even above me?” and Tigerheart replies “thats not what I meant” but she cuts him off saying “I think that is exactly what you meant”..

In Thunder and Shadow Ivypool confesses her worries about Dovewing and Tigerheart Twigpaw, telling him about how Dovewing used to meet him at night. Twigpaw is shocked that she would betray her clan like that.

Dovewing and Bumblestripe are currently together, though I do not think it will stay like that. To be honest, I think that their relationship will not work out. I personally ship DovexTiger and would love to see them together. But hey, thats just my opinion! Who do you ship? Comment down bellow, I would love feed back. Also, tell me how I did, considering this is my first post. Thanks for reading!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Cinderpaw (Cindertail)
Cinderpaw (Cindertail)
February 9, 2017 10:59 am

I dislike both of these toms. Tigerheart seemed really childish, and Bumblestripe lashed out at Dovewing because she didn’t return her feelings to him.

I also don’t know which couple I like best, so I’m just hoping that Ivypool will stay independent.

likes breathing oxygen

Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird (Brightwolf)
Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird (Brightwolf)
February 9, 2017 5:58 pm

Fantastic first article Leopardbreeze! I prefer BumblexDove, but I think that TigerxDove is more likely to happen to create more drama.

Raccoonpaw
Raccoonpaw
February 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Yeah. BumblexDove would just be another couple in the clan, but Dove is a developed character and already has feelings for Tiger, so I feel like DovexTiger would technically work better, but I was personally hoping for BumblexDove.

Mapleleaf
Mapleleaf
February 12, 2017 4:22 am

I think it should be like Thrushpelt and Bluestar, Dovewing mating with Tigerheart and then saying that Bumblestripe is the father. (Not the giving away kits part, though.)

the patrol guy's biggest fan
the patrol guy's biggest fan
February 12, 2017 8:10 pm
Reply to  Mapleleaf

I don’t think Dovewing would be able to do that; she’s very different from Bluestar. It was hard enough for her to keep secrets in OoTS, There’s no reason for her to lie about Tigerheart being the father while they live in the same clan.

Berrycloud
Berrycloud
February 12, 2017 9:40 pm

I totally agree with TigerXDove rather than BumbleXDove so I’m glad to see people agreeing with me because so many people dislike the ship. Hopefully they can make their hopefully soon to be relationship work! 😀

Lilyshine (Lilypaw)
Lilyshine (Lilypaw)
February 18, 2017 6:36 pm

TigerxDove is way better for the fandom as well. It may be cliche with all the Romeo and Juliet romances in the book, but after the Dawn of the Clans, I think the fans of Warriors really need to see something–like Twigpaw–that reminds us why we love warriors.
Not that DofC is a bad series–I adore it–but now that we are back with the present day Clans, I think we need to be given that same feeling that we had before with Jayfeather, Lionblaze, Hollyleaf and Dovewing.

Mosskit
Mosskit
March 20, 2017 3:27 am

I ship the TigerxDove. I think it would be cool if Tigerheart mated with Dovewing while they were in Thunderclan, and then when Shadowclan can go back to being Shadowclan they are faced with a big decision, was Dovewing breaking the code or not?

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
August 2, 2017 5:38 pm

TigerXDove I think that ship would make more drama

Libbypaw
Libbypaw
December 25, 2017 5:27 pm

I don’t really like Tigerheart or Bumblestripe. They’re okay, but I’m not really hyped with either of them.

Moondapple
Moondapple
January 18, 2018 9:24 pm

To be honest I don’t think that she should break the warrior code and take a mate from another Clan because that always proves as disastrous (SliverstreamxGraystripe, CrowpawxFeathertail, CrowfeatherxLeapool, BluefurxOakheart), but I don’t really think that she should be with Bumblestripe either, if she doesn’t truly love him or even think about him being more than just a friend then they shouldn’t be together.

Moondapple
Moondapple
January 18, 2018 9:25 pm

*SilverstreamxGraystripe (I spelled it wrong)

Ravenfeather
Ravenfeather
June 15, 2018 1:28 am

BTW Dovewing and Tigerheart has kits together so yes she chose him over Bumblestripe

Basilmoon
Basilmoon
January 3, 2019 10:27 pm

If I were a warrior, I’d rather be mates with Bumblestripe, personally.

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
September 18, 2020 1:11 pm

Tigerheart is SO MUCH BETTER than Bumblestripe!
Bumblestripe forced Dovewing into a relationship she didn’t want, and started pressuring her to have kits.
That’s mean, and so wrong.

Tigerheart loved Dovewing, and was so kind to her. He didn’t FORCE HER to be his mate, or to have kits.

DOVEXTIGER FOREVER!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch