1.2K Comments
Winterheart
Winterheart
April 12, 2017 5:51 am

Hi Kate,
I wasn’t sure where to ask this so I’ll ask it here. How does the book-writing process work? From what I know at the moment, Harper Collins comes up with the storyline and then you and the other authors take turns writing the stories. But what other specific things happen in the process of writing each book? How much information/guidance does Harper Collins give you guys before you all have to figure it out for yourselves? How often do you meet up with/communicate with the other authors in figuring out where to pick up from the previous book(s)? Is there anything else that goes into writing each book that we don’t know about that would be interesting or fascinating to know?
Thanks for your time C:

Darkshine Laufeyson [burdened with glorious purrrr-pose]
Darkshine Laufeyson [burdened with glorious purrrr-pose]
April 12, 2017 6:39 am

Everyone’s screaming about Onestar and I’m just fangirling over the fact that there is cat named Loki in Warriors, like guys, I’m literally dying now. LOKI AND WARRIORS. C’MON IT DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS.

Kate if you had any hand in this I love you so much. xD

Whispering Rain
Whispering Rain
April 12, 2017 12:09 pm

w h a t
w h e r e

Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
April 12, 2017 4:10 pm

And Zelda! Also the SkyClan cat Macgyver (My dad watches that show and he thought it was funny that the cat’s name was that)! What if there was a Harry, Percy or Frodo? XD

Skypaw (Grean Bean Leaf That Floats In the Sky)
Skypaw (Grean Bean Leaf That Floats In the Sky)
April 12, 2017 8:05 pm

There has been a Harry, ish. Sol’s kittypet name was Harry.

Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
April 13, 2017 1:55 am

There was also Percy.

Sunrunner
Sunrunner
April 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Do we need to mention Bella and Riley?

Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
April 12, 2017 6:58 pm

I was pretty happy that they put a Loki in as well!

Snowflower
Snowflower
April 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Lol! I knew you’d be happy when I first read that name. c:

Rain that Sings on Rock (Rainpaw/pool)
Rain that Sings on Rock (Rainpaw/pool)
April 13, 2017 10:38 am

Lol yeeps

Orchidpaw
Orchidpaw
April 12, 2017 8:59 am

SPOILERS
Purdy died. *Blood must be spilt*

Blueheart
Blueheart
April 12, 2017 10:28 am

i just finished shattered sky, but i thought they were searching for skyclan in tigerheart’s shadow! (or i’m just wrong)

Whispering Rain
Whispering Rain
April 12, 2017 12:10 pm
Reply to  Blueheart

Kate isn’t giving us any spoilers on Tigerheart’s Shadow, so you probably heard a fan theory 🙂

Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
April 12, 2017 4:41 pm
Reply to  Blueheart

Maybe they’ll go to rescue all the SkyClan cats still missing?

Blueheart
Blueheart
April 13, 2017 7:16 am

Yeah, i just thought it was skyclan theyre searching for, but I guess it wasn’t the obvious choice. And did frecklewish die?

Dil Urie
Dil Urie
April 14, 2017 3:32 am
Reply to  Blueheart

Frecklewish probably died. It’s a shame though, I kinda liked her (same for Echosong ;-;)

Wrensong
Wrensong
April 12, 2017 12:44 pm

I personally think Needletail isn’t dead. She was a very important character from the first book in AVOS, and her just dying like that, even to save Violetpaw, seems out of place to me. Also, we never see Needletail die, and we never find her body, so we have no definite proof she died. What do you think?

Hazetuft
Hazetuft
April 12, 2017 5:01 pm
Reply to  Wrensong

Same with Onestar, Darktail, and Dawnpelt. Hopefully we will know for sure in the next book.

Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
April 12, 2017 7:01 pm
Reply to  Wrensong

As much as I don’t want to admit that she’s dead, she has to be.
She threw herself at Darktail, Sleekwhisker, and Roach, giving it her all because she was sacrificing herself for Violetpaw, and Darktail, Sleekwhisker, and Roach were all trying to kill her. She has to be dead…
May StarClan light your path Needletail!

Alderwing
Alderwing
April 13, 2017 12:19 am

@Shadow You do have a point, though when I gave my thoughts about Needletail, Kate did say this

“Kate
April 12, 2017 at 11:35 am
Don’t worry, Alderwing. Needletail hasn’t gone forever yet.”

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader”

I’m not too sure what this means. Perhaps Needletail is dead, and nobody has forgotten her. Or, she is still alive. It’s vague, but this is what I can make out of it

smokepaww
smokepaww
April 13, 2017 5:49 pm
Reply to  Alderwing

Maybe Kate ment that we’ll see Needletail in Starclan?

Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
April 13, 2017 10:59 pm
Reply to  smokepaww

Yeah, she’s probably going to help Violetpaw make the choice between SkyClan and ShadowClan, or maybe she’ll show who ever will be the SkyClan medicine cat that it’s their destiny, or she’ll deliver a prophecy/omen/message about where SkyClan will settle at the lake…

Blueheart
Blueheart
April 13, 2017 7:18 am

I hope they are all not dead, except for darktail and onestar, because onestar obviously died because… Why else could harespring be leader? But I’m really sad that needletail and dawnpelt died. (Hope they didnt die)

Hazeltuft
Hazeltuft
April 13, 2017 4:58 pm
Reply to  Blueheart

We still don’t know for sure if Dawnpelt died, it wasn’t specified. But I agree, hopefully Dawnpelt is still alive and well!

Milkymoon
Milkymoon
April 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Oh gosh this book was amazing.

Out of all the books in AVOS so far, this one is probably the most cinematic with a lot of interesting character development. It all flowed very nicely, and scenes like Onestar vs Darktail honestly gave me chills.

I also loved the reunion between Hawkwing and Twigpaw, it was just so heartwarming and sweet.

Can’t wait for the next installment to the series, and if it’s as good as Shattered Sky we’re in for a treat

Rain that Sings on Rock (Rainpaw/pool)
Rain that Sings on Rock (Rainpaw/pool)
April 13, 2017 10:41 am
Reply to  Milkymoon

HAHA! HAVEN’T READ THE BOOK YET! AND NOW I KNOW 100% THAT HAWKWING’S THEIR FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain that Sings on Rock (Rainpaw/pool)
Rain that Sings on Rock (Rainpaw/pool)
April 13, 2017 10:42 am

Life is complete; kind of like when you read Blood of Olympus first time(from Percy Jackson, I recommend it) and you immediately start shipping Solangelo.

Whispering Rain
Whispering Rain
April 14, 2017 4:26 am

^

Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
April 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Kate is Purdy,Petalfur, Foxnose and Shadepelt in StarClan? Purdy was a great old cat and Petalfur was a really nice RiverClan cat

and also what did Purdy die of?

Dil Urie
Dil Urie
April 14, 2017 3:29 am
Reply to  Ravenpaw

Old age probably

Sky where Freedom Flies
Sky where Freedom Flies
April 14, 2017 12:23 pm
Reply to  Dil Urie

Well he was complaining about his stomach, so maybe he had what Shellheart did.

Firepaw(Firestrike)
Firepaw(Firestrike)
April 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Why did Needletail have to die!!!! My favorite characters always die!☹️

Catinam
Catinam
April 13, 2017 2:02 am

How was she good. Too much of an annoying bad influence… really gives out the goth teen, hm?

Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
April 14, 2017 12:28 pm
Reply to  Catinam

Needletail grew up though, she was good deep down but she was too stubborn to see the horror she’d helped bring upon her Clan until it was too late. But she did help however she could, and saved Violetpaw.

Also some people are offended by using “goth” and immediately associating it with being a bad influence. Please be aware of this.

Lily That Shines Like Dawn
Lily That Shines Like Dawn
April 18, 2017 11:33 am
Reply to  Catinam

Needletail matured, actually. She didn’t realize what she had done until it was too late, and she DID help Violetpaw escape, so if Needletail hadn’t taken Violetpaw’s punishment for her, or remained friends with her, Violetpaw would have died at the claws of Darktail and the RiverClan prisoners and the two elders (Ratscar and Oakfur i believe) would have never escaped and would eventually have died.
But thats just my opinion

Also, some peoples’ feelings are hurt by associating “goth” with “bad influence”.

Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
April 15, 2017 6:18 am

Needletail is my favorite character too. I was actually very pleased with way she died, because it let her redeem herself and show that she wasn’t a bad person. Also, since she’s almost-positively going to StarClan we’ll probably see a lot of her, especially since Alderheart’s a medicine cat and he was close to her.

But I’m sad that she died too.

Brackenblaze (Firepup16)
Brackenblaze (Firepup16)
April 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Hey Kate – can you confirm that all the Clan cats that have died in this arc are in Starclan? Or can I give you short list of a few cats and you confirm that they’re in Starclan?

Also is Bettlewhisker actually alive still? He died in The Last Hope but he’s in SS. I’m sure it’s a mistake, but will he still be appearing in books anyway?

Skypaw (Grean Bean Leaf That Floats In the Sky)
Skypaw (Grean Bean Leaf That Floats In the Sky)
April 13, 2017 12:33 pm
Reply to  Kate

Hey Kate, will you confirm that Harespring becomes Harestar?

🎷Wavesplash 🎷
🎷Wavesplash 🎷
April 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Wasn’t it confirmed in the book?

Tallstarr
Tallstarr
April 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Onestar dies, and Harespring is the rightful deputy, but she isn’t seen after, only mentioned casually by I think Bramblestar. I’ts hypothetically possible that a Nightpelt-like scenario happened, but highly unlikely. It’s fairly safe to assume Harestar is the new leader.

Jadepelt
Jadepelt
April 14, 2017 3:30 am
Reply to  Tallstarr

Nah they say in the book to not interrupt Harestar’s leader ceremony

Ripplestar
Ripplestar
April 14, 2017 11:39 am
Reply to  Jadepelt

My favorite is leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and it’s a he.

Jadepelt
Jadepelt
April 15, 2017 12:24 am
Reply to  Ripplestar

I said nothing about harestar being a girl

Ripplestar
Ripplestar
April 18, 2017 4:34 pm
Reply to  Jadepelt

Oh I was talking to Tallstarr. Sorry anyway.

Brackenblaze (Firepup16)
Brackenblaze (Firepup16)
April 13, 2017 3:05 pm
Reply to  Kate

Alright! I bet once this series finishes then we can focus on that sort of thing maybe. 🙂

Oh wow that’s bothersome. At least you tried telling them though so good job you get a gold star. xD

I would try but I don’t bother editing the wiki. Anytime I even edit something my edit gets deleted. 🙁

Sundance
Sundance
April 13, 2017 7:46 pm
Reply to  Kate

I’m sorry your weeks been bad, Kate! *hugs* ❤😘 Hope it gets better! Friday is right around the corner!

Brackenblaze (Firepup16)
Brackenblaze (Firepup16)
April 13, 2017 8:17 pm
Reply to  Kate

Aww thanks :3 I hope your next week is better than this one!

Yeah I agree 😞

Whispering Rain
Whispering Rain
April 18, 2017 12:41 pm
Reply to  Kate

I’m sorry you’ve had a horrid week, Kate. <3 I hope this week is better!

Whispering Rain
Whispering Rain
April 18, 2017 12:40 pm
Reply to  Kate

*is trying to think up a way to get that across without being verbally warned*
Though I can’t find anything mentioned in the rules, policies and guidelines that expressly states against doing so.

Jaysnow

I changed it, Kate. 🙂

Also, I’m totally not wanting to see a Jaysnow in future books. XD

Jaysnow
Jaysnow
April 19, 2017 8:10 pm
Reply to  Jaysnow

Gah, my mistake for posting it twice. It was late at night and I didn’t realize I already said that. d:

Dewsplash
Dewsplash
April 13, 2017 1:54 am

Kate will we eventually discover if Pebbleshine is dead or alive?

Jaysnow
Jaysnow
April 19, 2017 8:11 pm
Reply to  Dewsplash

It was confirmed in SS.

Bluebellkit
Bluebellkit
April 13, 2017 2:53 am

On the warriors wiki it says that reedwhisker. Icewing, Mintfur and Brackenpelt turned rogue weren’t they prisoners if they were prisoners they wont be rogue then right? Im so confused

Squirrel That Dances In The Trees (Squirrelkit)
Squirrel That Dances In The Trees (Squirrelkit)
April 13, 2017 10:38 pm
Reply to  Bluebellkit

I haven’t read the book, but who is RC deputy now?

Snowflower
Snowflower
April 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Reedwhisker is still deputy of RC. He was kept prisoner by the rogues, along with some other RC cats. But they managed to return to RC by the end of the book,

Jaysnow
Jaysnow
April 19, 2017 8:12 pm
Reply to  Bluebellkit

Hello, Bluebellkit.

They made the oath to the Kin; they count as rogues.

smokepaww
smokepaww
April 13, 2017 7:05 am

Wow. My whole opinion about Needletail completely changed in the book… I feel so bad for her… Darktail is the frickin’ worst

smokepaww
smokepaww
April 13, 2017 9:31 am

Hey Kate? Needletail went to Starclan and not the Dark Forest, right?

1 7 8 9 10 11 26

• Rosefeather
  • The phone really isn't ringing
  • Wrenwing:kit