1.9K Comments
Duststorm
September 13, 2017 2:32 am

So, IvyxFern is by far the most talked about shipping and also the most hated. 4 reasons why the relationship isn’t very good.
1. The age difference is just too much. Ivypool was born so much earlier than Fernsong. Ivypool was born in Sunrise. Fernsong was born between Bramblestar’s Storm and The Apprentice’s Quest. This 7 book gap is the second largest in the whole series (not counting Jayfeather and Half Moon).
2. They are pretty much related. The have 12.5% blood share between them. Their Great-Great-Grandparents are the same, Jake and Nutmeg (kittypets).
3. The shipping was kinda created at random. There really wasn’t any love sparks between Ivypool and Fernsong in other books. This shipping feels a bit spontaneous.
4. There’s 2 cats from the LilyxSnow relationship that Fernsong could date. Why Ivypool instead of them?

Another shipping in ThunderClan has significant age differences, Blossomfall and Thornclaw. The gap is even greater than IvyxFern. Blossomfall was born near the end of the New Prophecy. Thornclaw, however, was born in the beginning-middle sections of the Prophecy Begin. So, that’s another 7-8 book gap between a ThunderClan relationship.
Plus, I think I’m going to join Sky’s IvyxFern Hate Club.

Ebony Is Too Lazy To Log In
September 13, 2017 4:38 am

I don’t really see any problems with IvyXFern. While it is random, I don’t dislike it.

“Ivypool is too old for Fernsong”
By a little more than two years. It’s not the biggest age difference in Warriors. Besides, cats don’t really care about age differences

“Ivypool and Fernsong are cousins”
They’re third cousins. A majority of all couples in Warriors are related. Tigerstar 4 and Dovewing are second cousins, Squirrelflight and Bramblestar are second cousins, Dustpelt and Ferncloud are uncle and niece, Snowbush and Lilyheart are cousins, and there was Willowpelt and Patchpelt. Incest is going to happen in Warriors due to the rules of only taking mates from your Clan.

I don’t really mind this ship tbh.

Nightflower
September 13, 2017 5:04 am

IWANNAREADITSOBADDDD

Magmawing
Magmawing
September 13, 2017 5:55 am

Kate, the book didn’t state what are the eye color of Tigerheart and Dovewing’s kits? Since Pouncekit has dark amber eyes, what are Shadowkit and Lightkit eye color ?

Also, I can’t believe that you or the editors team keeps making spelling/writers mistakes. I mean after years of work in the book series, it shouldn’t be hard to know that Dovewing’s eye color is blue not green. I thought you and Vicky already closed that discussion, right?

Jetclaw
September 13, 2017 3:41 pm

I have to agree with the frustrations about Ivypool I have yet to complete Tigerheart’s shadow but this being revealed is really troubling to me. Mainly because it’s very much out of nowhere. Like we don’t even get to see her flirting with a cat before she’s suddenly mates with them by the next book and we know that.
Plus I have to agree with everyone on the whole ‘all important she cats need to have a mate and kits’ there are VERY few she cats who haven’t had a mate and kits. Leopardstar being the only one that comes to my mind immediately, and no one else really. That being said, kits are very important to the clans, remember when ThunderClan had only Birchpaw and Whitepaw as apprentices in New Prophecy because so many young cats had died. Having more kits was essential! So from that perspective it makes sense that she cats would be more encouraged to take a mate.
So, while I’m not thrilled that we don’t get to see a forever single Ivypool, it does make logical sense that few she cats should remain single since the kits are the life of the clan. Except there’s one glaring issue with this, whereas with New Prophecy we had a shortage of young cats, now we have TOO many young cats. There’s no reason for Ivypool to be taking a mate and having kits unless she wants to really because its unlikely ThunderClan will have such a shortage any time soon.
Plus all the new additions just makes ThunderClan bigger and bigger, and the cats become less and less interesting because there’s TOO MANY. My biggest complaint is once we hit like the middle of OOTS I don’t remember much of the background characters, I don’t remember who was born when, I don’t remember how/when they grew up, they were just more names that were added to the allegiances, and that’s such a waste.
I’m hoping the next books address this issue because it’s getting ridiculous, all the other clans have a reasonable amount of cats and then there’s the giant that is ThunderClan. It’s like the Dark Forest attacks was just a usual battle. And Darktail, barely any deaths for ThunderClan, in fact I think the last casualty ThunderClan suffered might’ve been Sandstorm if I recall correctly. maybe Spiderleg as well.
The other issue with the massive numbers is the deaths lose impact, there’s no real impact anymore. In the Prophecy’s begin the death of Runningwind, Snowkit, Brindleface, Swiftpaw, they had such a big impact because the clan wasn’t so over saturated they at least had moments that allowed us to recognize their existence and feel their presence to an extent. Now if a cat dies in ThunderClan there might be some impact depending on who it is, but really at this point I’d be like ‘oh no that cat is dead, how sad’.
I also hope that since now ThunderClan and ShadowClan had to give a chunk of their lands to SkyClan, this whole overpopulation thing in ThunderClan should be addressed. Because there’s no way such a massive clan should be able to thrive so well. You’d over hunt a territory at this point. Or you’d start starving.

Icepaw Loves Moonbli
Icepaw Loves Moonbli
September 13, 2017 4:35 pm

I just finished the book: And…wow!

I am now a huge TigerxDove shipper. Their kits are awesome.

Everything about this book is awesome.

Ivypool has gone from my favorite characters to my third favorite. Why? She was actually really…annoying.

Polls:
Which of Dovewing’s kits do you like the best?
Will Ivypool and Dovewing have a big fight?

Aloeberry
Aloeberry
September 13, 2017 10:18 pm

This book was amazing! I cried like three times lol (especially when Yellowfang gave Tigerstar a life I miss her so much).

Sky
September 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Plus, Fernsong and Ivypool are closely related, more so than a lot of related cats who are mates

Fallenwillow
Fallenwillow
September 14, 2017 2:23 am

Kate can we get some more Grandparent grandkit relationships?? Silverflame and Yellowfang was great and I think we all love when families interact in the books.

Badgertooth
Badgertooth
September 14, 2017 2:54 am

Can we all agree Dovewing was wayyyyyyyy out of character in this book??
I mean yea she was preggo and mood swings are a thing but even moons after having kits she didn’t seem the same. She just felt like your typical queen who will do anything and everything for her kits. In OOTS she was very quiet and collected (despite the whole Dovewing’s Silence thing). Here she just got all dramatic and lost everything she had in OOTS.
Lets hope things turn around in Darkest Night.

Sky
September 14, 2017 2:57 am

I don’t despise Fernsong. I just think IvyXFern is the first available tom slapped with a major she-cat

Duststorm
September 14, 2017 3:01 am

Just finished the book about 30 minutes ago. Good job to all the Erins (especially Kate: founder of Blogclan and the author of Tigerheart’s Shadow). So far the only better super edition was Moth Flight’s Vision (Personal Opinion Only). Right now, I would like to point out my top 3 favorite moments and sections in the book. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!
3. Dovewing’s ThunderClan-ShadowClan border meeting with Tigerheart.
This part kinda started the whole adventure. Dovewing decides to leave the clan to have kits in a den in the city. Tigerheart first says no, but then changed his mind. Readers know that after that 2 ShadowClan warriors wanted to leave and Tigerheart stopped them, but missed leaving with Dovewing. It just really starts the journey of Tigerheart to the city. I wasn’t expecting Dovewing to be pregnant so soon in the book.

2. Spire’s Discovery of Lost ShadowClan Warriors.
We all know that when Darktail ruled ShadowClan as the “Kin”, many cats were lost or killed after battles. Sparrow, Berry, Ripple were missing after the RiverClan battle. Berryheart barely survived Darktail’s drowing. Discovering 4 old clanmates that have gone missing is a boost to ShadowClan population, oh and plus 3 kits from Berryheart.

1. Tigerheart’s Death and Nine Lives Ceromony.
Readers who’s near the end or completed with the book knows about the Owl Attacks. An owl was lurking in the trees before a cat spotted it. When it was time, the owl tried to grasp Hollowkit, but was countered by Tigerheart. Then, when he attacked the owl, it grabbed him and flew. Tigerheart countered again with a slash ,and the owl let go of him. Tigerheart fell to the ground and received a fatal injury. Tigerheart knew he was near death, but Dovewing encouraged him to not to fall asleep. But as they reach the lake, Tigerheart went to StarClan. When he met Rowanclaw, Rc told Tigerheart that he needed to lead the clan. Then cats revive Tigerheart by given him 9 lives. Then Tigerstar (II) wakes up and found out that Puddleshine suggusted to take Tigerheart’s dead body to the Moonpool. This is a first time dead cat- leader ritual and it turned out well. Really happy that Tigerheart(star) is alive.
Feel free to tell me your favorite moments from the book.

Duststorm
September 14, 2017 3:24 am

Anyone noticed that Lilyheart’s mate is her own foster brother, Snowbush? They are not acutally related by blood, but it’s kind of weird. Thanks to the editors of the Warriors Wikia (like Jaysnow) for this information.

1 23 24 25 26 27 39