Defending Dovewing by Willowpaw / Wollow (and Lupinepaw)

Willowpaw and Lupinepaw defend Dovewing in today’s article.

Okay! Wollow here with my… what, third article now? I’m going to look back at this sand cringe for shore, so I’m just gonna wave to my future self.
(im not sorry)

Anyway, this was originally going to be defending Ivypool and Dovewing, but it got too long, so I’ll be making a part 2.

So, first off, people say she’s a Mary-Sue. In fact, the biggest Mary-Sue ever. In fact, that award goes to sparkleFur!!1!!1!!1!1! (and Laurelpaw), and she is not a Mary-Sue. If you don’t know, a Mary-Sue is a character with no flaws. She has many. For example, whining. People hate her for whining, but that’s a flaw. So saying she’s a whiny Mary-Sue is contradicting yourself. She also is sensitive and impatient and wants everything to be perfectly right, which is a flaw. Nothing will ever be perfectly right, and she gets so caught up in this stuff isn’t perfectly right. Did I just confuse you? Of course!

Anyway, second of all, her whining. People hate her for whining about her special powers, then “as soon as she’s normal she whines about not having them.” This isn’t true. At all. She whines at first, yes. But she’s young. Did you whine when you were young? Of course! She slowly grew up and stopped whining as much, and suddenly, her powers were taken away. Do you hate Cinderheart and Cinderpelt for whining about breaking their legs and feeling useless? Do you hate Longtail for being upset about blindness and having to retire early? It felt like that to Dovewing.

“But Jayfeather and Lionblaze didn’t whine about losingpowers!”
Jayfeather and Lionblaze are not Dovewing, they are different cats with different reactions. Also, Dovewing had her powers since she was born, and Jayfeather and Lionblaze got their powers later in life. Dovewing’s powers felt natural to her.

A love triangle doesn’t automatically make someone a Mary-Sue. Just because Dovewing had two toms who liked her doesn’t make her a terrible cat. Dovewing was never even actually in a relationship with Bumblestripe. Squirrelflight had FOUR after her (Brambleclaw, Ashfur, Stormfur, and Shrewpaw) and do I see people complaining? No. Dovewing’s love triangle caused her sister to be captured. It caused problems for the whole CLAN. Her relationships caused problems and were not “perfecthappyhappyfuntimeinsunshinerainbowland.” Bluestar had two toms after her. Crowfeather had three lovers and guess how many people call him a Gary-Stu? Zero. She is not a “tom magnet,” that’s TWO CATS.

Now I’m going to invite a majestical guest speaker, Lupinepaw, to defend Dovewing, because she’s good at that.

Dovewing also lived with the powers for a long long time (not long enough to meet Purdy’s age though) ever since she was six moons old, so she of course wouldn’t be happy over losing them as a adult now.
Also, Dovewing wasn’t really whining the whole time while Ivypool was in the Dark Forest. Like Dovewing at least was walking around right? And doing her normal warrior duties? Also breathing? (okay im just sleepy 8:27 am) So you might as well yank off the whining medal.

Anyway, that’s it for this article, feel free to leave your opinions in the comments! But PLEASE be respectful. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as long as they share it respectfully. Don’t just say “dOVwin iz da wurst!1!11!1!11!” Please. And thank you.

Credits to Maplespyder of DeviantArt for the image – http://maplespyder.deviantart.com/art/Dovewing-509614577

35 Replies to “Defending Dovewing by Willowpaw / Wollow (and Lupinepaw)”

1. Asterpaw
    April 13, 2017 at 11:35 pm

I love seeing these. It’s nice to know that Dovewing is actually well-developed character. Sometimes I think Dovewing has a type of, perhaps minor, OCD, which would make sense, seeing as it could be reflected in how she acts.

No offense to anyone who has or knows someone who has OCD.

2. Snowyfoot
    April 15, 2017 at 3:21 am

I think dovewing next to Jayfeather was my fav prophetic cat

3. Lilypaw(shine)
    April 18, 2017 at 7:04 pm

My top favorite cats are all gray cats, LOL.
    Gray Wing, Dovewing and Jayfeather. Honestly they’re all so amazing and I adore Dovewing in the fourth arc. Though she is hard on Lionblaze and Jayfeather, she is one of the most relatable characters to me. She’s daydreamy, and in the beginning very optimistic, and falling for a cat who was very nice and upfront about how he felt about her.
    I love her character and hopefully we get more from her in the next Super Edition, Tigerheart’s Shadow.

4. August 12, 2017 at 5:54 am

Yeah I agree with you! Still I’m going to explain like you why Dovewing is not a bad cat!

“She has blue eyes and she is a gray cat!”
    This one gets a lot of people worked up. Let me see, how many cats are gray have blue eyes? Let me list them!
    Silverstream
    Millie
    Willowshine
    Bumblestripe
    Ivypool
    Clear Sky
    Jayfeather
    Mistystar
    Boulder
    Feathertail
    Jagged Peak
    Etc. Etc. My point is ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT of cats are gray and have blue eyes. Forgot to list Crowfeather on here.

“She is part of the three!”
    …. So apparently Jayfeather and Lionblaze just disappeared? And Firestar? … Mmkay then?

“She has no flaws! She is a Mary sue!”
    She does have flaws children! She whines! Yeah I have to go now. So hopefully this will change you’re mind about Dovewing. Thank you and goodnight!

Echobreeze

5. Dovesnow
    September 2, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Nice article, though there is one thing that I would like to say! A Mary-Sue isn’t a perfect character but a character for whom the laws of the universe bend around to let her get away with anything. Dovewing… does not do this. She faces consequences for her actions! I’m also on the Dovewing Defense Squad so it’s nice to see articles like this pop up.

6. May 29, 2019 at 12:52 am

I love Dovewing okay (rant time not too long I promise)
    I hate Ivypool, how she felt was not Dovewing’s fault just to that there, Dovewing was whiny for ONE book, just ONE Dovewing was also an apprentice APPRENTICE Just in case you Dove haters CARE Ivypool was just as about annoying as Dovewing, Gosh, most people call Dovewing a Mary Sue which is someone with no flaws Dovewing is Gullibe, Immature, impatience and naive in Dovewing’s Silence, She got a lot of development trying to live her life as a normal Warrior guess who doesn’t have does Developments? You guessed it Mary Sues. Okay, DOVEWING HAS TWO toms TWO ONLY Squirrelflight has 4 Crowfeather has 3 and So on, Bumblestripe is just a big NO, So is Tigerheart/star if you want to know the details, check out Bright Guardian Akira and Quiet Rage Tiger and Bumble is both HORRIBLE, what’s their difference? You may ask, Dovewing ACTUALLY LOVES Tigerheart/star she sees Bumblestupid as a good friend LEAVE HER ALONE don’t force Dovewing to choose between a Handsome Jerk, or Sweet shit-flavored cardboard I CAN GO ON AND ON of how Much I hate Ivypool, she was just tryna be better than Dovewing, Wow. What a try-hard as I said in the beginning, how Ivy felt was not Dove’s fault. She didn’t replace Hollyleaf, if she DID she would have done it on purpose StarClan chose to let her be the prophecy cat Dovewing didn’t choose STARCLAN DID I can go on and on and on how much I hate Ivypool, Hollyloser and Bumblestupid, but don’t have time for that what I’m saying is that Dovewing is more than just a bland Mary Sue, she’s amazing and somewhat interesting to me Don’t try to ‘Mary Sue’ her cause she isn’t, no character in the series is, the only time one character is a Mary Sue or Gary Stu is if they don’t get enough development, That’s What Dovewing’s Silence was for!, Dovebae’s Development! At last THIS IS MY OPINON okay? Please respect it and I’ll respect yours back. also please check out Quiet Rage and Bright Guardian Akira if you haven’t they are my fav Warrior-Tubers This is Dovebae Fan signing out :3

• May 29, 2019 at 12:59 am

I agree with you lol also Quiet Rage is just purely awesome.

• Embers on a Summer Dawn (Emberdawn)
      May 29, 2019 at 1:43 am

Hi, there. Swears, slurs, and cusses are not allowed on the blog. Please refrain from using them in the future and always remember to be respectful and courteous to others.

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy