Warriors: Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novella) Spoiler Page

This book includes Spottedleaf’s Heart, Pinestar’s Choice, Thunderstar’s Echo.

• Spottedleaf’s Heart: Young apprentice Spottedpaw is determined to become a warrior…until she realizes that to save her Clan, she must become its next medicine cat.
  • Pinestar’s Choice: Discover what drove Pinestar, once leader of ThunderClan, to abandon the warrior code, betray his Clan, and become a kittypet.
  • Thunderstar’s Echo: In the earliest days of ThunderClan, its first leader faces down a new threat—and forges a new tradition for all the warrior Clans.

341 Replies to “Warriors: Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novella) Spoiler Page”

1. Juniperpaw (or Junipersong)
    March 27, 2017 at 7:43 am

I think that Thunderstar’s Echo is going to have something to do with A) The creation of deputies B) Mentors and apprentices C) Warrior names (the whole prefix/suffix thing). Other Dawn of the Clan’s themed books didn’t iclude any of that.

• Silverkit (Silversong)
      March 30, 2017 at 2:31 am

Wasn’t it River Ripple’s idea to have mentors and apprentices? It says that in the Ultimate Guide!

Happy mew year! 😸

2. Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
    March 27, 2017 at 11:47 am

I hope we find out in Thunderstar’s Echo if he and Violet Dawn ever had kits!

3. Cypresskit That Is Also Mothkit And Also Puddlestar
    March 27, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Some family trees say Redtail only had one sibling, Leopardfoot. But I read the sample for Spottedleaf’s Heart SPOILERS And it says that he and Willowpelt and Spottedleaf are siblings.

• Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
      March 27, 2017 at 3:26 pm

The wikia family trees are the only ones that are correct to my knowledge, the others like on the official warriors site are inaccurate.

• Lily That Shines Like Dawn
      March 28, 2017 at 5:12 am

Leopardfoot was dead around the time Redkit was born, and if not, then she was too old to be his sister.

ladies & gentlemen
      we got 'em

• Jayfrost
        March 28, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Nope, Leopardfoot was still alive when Redkit was born, as according to the Warriors Wiki she was still alive when Bluestar moved into the nursery, when Redtail was an apprentice. And she was from an earlier litter than Redtail, but they had the same parents, Swiftbreeze and Adderfang, so they’re definitely siblings.

BlogTeam Administrator

• Lily That Shines Like Dawn
          March 29, 2017 at 12:21 am

Really? OOOHHH I was thinking the same litter. Okay, thank you for correcting me. 🙂

ladies & gentlemen
          we got 'em

• Jayfrost
            March 29, 2017 at 1:05 am

No problem. 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator

• March 28, 2017 at 8:14 am

Wait WHAT?! 🤔🤔

4. Silverpaw/tooth
    March 27, 2017 at 5:00 pm

So excited for Pinestar’s story as well! Also Thunderstar’s!

5. March 27, 2017 at 5:36 pm

I read part of the Spottedleaf’s Heart sample and ugh. It does not fit Spottedleaf’s character and the sweet, bubbly little apprentice that always wanted to be a medicine cat but actually worked to be a good warrior anyway.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Icekit
      March 27, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Where is the sample?

• Shadow of Shiny GREEN IPhone With a Clover Phonecase (Shadowpaw)
        March 28, 2017 at 5:08 am

The sample is on iBooks!

• Icekit
          April 6, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Thanks!

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
      March 28, 2017 at 2:22 am

Where’s the sample?

• Hazelwish
      March 28, 2017 at 10:28 pm

I read it to. The kit version of Spottedleaf is nothing like how we all thought. Thistleclaw seems very sweet too, and Bluestar seems a bit cruel of a warrior 😛

• Shadow of Shiny GREEN IPhone With a Clover Phonecase (Shadowpaw)
        March 29, 2017 at 1:58 am

That’s exactly what I thought! I kind of liked having a bossy character though… I don’t don’t exactly like it when she got rid of being bossy so quickly…

• October 31, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Characters seem different when you are not in their pov. Bluestar was always like that, even in bluestar’s prophecy. Spottedleaf could have been more quiet and gentle after the incident with Thistleclaw, because she knew she was tricked. Before then she could have easily been the way she was in spottedleaf’s heart. When people/ cats go through things their personality changes, Spottedleaf when through something dark at her age.

Warrior cats and Undertale

6. Clover Fox (Steppy)
    March 27, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Yay I found this 😀

7. Bluebellkit
    March 28, 2017 at 12:33 am

Kate I know this isn’t about the book but how is the Warriors movie going is there a title yet too or any other info sorry if this sounds rude just asking though.
    we haven’t heard some news about the movie in some time i don’t know if you are apart of it or not but just i want to know how it is going 🙂
    I will be so happy if you answer this bye 🙂

from Bluebellkit

• Kate Cary
      April 1, 2017 at 9:47 am

The movie is going ahead. I think they’re just getting all the paperwork in place before they start creating. No, I won’t be a part of it. Movie-making and book-writing are two different crafts.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

8. Cypresskit That Is Also Mothkit And Also Puddlestar
    March 28, 2017 at 3:31 am

Go to kobo.com and search the book title. You click or tap on the book and then preview.

• Icekit
      April 6, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Thanks!

• Icekit
      April 6, 2017 at 9:48 pm

The preview is pretty good. I wonder why Tigerpaw is so angry at the ceremony

9. Shadow of Shiny GREEN IPhone With a Clover Phonecase (Shadowpaw)
    March 28, 2017 at 5:13 am

Spoilers from the sample of Spottedleaf’s Heart
    (You can find it on iBooks)

Thistleclaw seems like a really, really nice cat, according to the sample. Sure he has some different ideas about how hard you should train an apprentice but that’s really all the ‘evilness’ I’m getting from him… I can’t see why he went to the Dark Forest…
    Also Bluefur seems really grumpy and demanding…
    So wait… Spottedleaf wanted to be a leader and refused to be a medicine cat?! That’s… unexpected… and she told Redtail he would never be a deputy…

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
      March 29, 2017 at 3:09 am

Thistleclaw could’ve been a nice cat, but the twoleg who killed Snowfur (He needs a name) and Silverhawk just changed everything. 30+ cats died because of that twoleg and Silverhawk. Silverhawk is the reason why Thistleclaw and Tigerstar and Hawkfrost etc. were evil. Let’s blame everything on Gerald the twoleg and Silverhawk.

Really though, Thistleclaw went to the Dark Forest because he trained in the Dark Forest and called Starclan yellow-bellied. He doesn’t really have an excuse for being evil.

• Shadow of Shiny GREEN IPhone With a Clover Phonecase (Shadowpaw)
        March 29, 2017 at 12:16 pm

I think he should be taken to StarClan, as should Brightflower, Blizzardwing, Tangleburr, Clawface, etc.

• Jayfrost
          March 29, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Thistleclaw nearly let his apprentice murder a kit, and Clawface murdered Spottedleaf. And we don’t know for sure what the others did to get into the DF. 😛

BlogTeam Administrator

• Shadow of Shiny GREEN IPhone With a Clover Phonecase (Shadowpaw)
            March 29, 2017 at 8:33 pm

But Bluestar went kind of crazy and didn’t care what her Clan did at all, Ashfur took part in taking one of his leader’s lives and tried to kill three cats because he went off the deep end, Goosefeather started a battle between WindClan and ThunderClan and probably traumatized Tigerkit, Frecklewish watched three kits drown without doing a thing, Oakstar banished three harmless kits who were only a couple of moons old, Beenose left her Clan to be a rogue and fought against them when they tried to get her back along with the others, Hollyleaf murdered Ashfur, Mudclaw tried to lead a revolution against Onewhisker, Rainflower abandoned Crookedkit and showed extreme favoritism to Oakkit, Nightstar and Crookedstar fought to keep WindClan driven out, etc. but they all went to StarClan…
            Clawface was following orders from Brokenstar, who is extremely terrifying, and so were Blizzardwing and Tangleburr. Brightflower was one of the elders he banished so she obviously wasn’t on his side. It’s seen in Spottedleaf’s Heart that Thistleclaw is a very kind cat, but he doesn’t see when attacking invaders and training apprentices really hard is too much. He was trained in the Dark Forest for the same reason as many of the trainees in OotS: to be able to defend his Clan a lot better.
            Also, didn’t Yellowfang or Bluestar say that when cats go to StarClan sometimes they forget the not-so-great things they did (she was talking about Ashfur)?
            These cats weren’t as bad as Tigerstar, Brokenstar, Scourge, Sol, and Darktail who chose to be as evil as they were, knowing there were many times that they could’ve changed paths…
            Sorry that this got so off topic from Spottedleaf’s Heart!

• Jayfrost
              March 29, 2017 at 9:50 pm

And I fully think that Ashfur deserves to be in the Dark FOrest for what he did (and Goosefeather and possibly Oakstar and Frecklewish, for that matter). But Bluestar redeemed herself in the end by sacrificing herself to save her Clan, and realized her mistakes in the end, which is what makes the difference. I can’t speak for Beenose too much, we don’t know that much about her other than her leaving her Clan, and she could have had any number of reasons for that. Hollyleaf only killed a cat who had tried to kill her first for something she couldn’t control, and she redeemed herself by coming back to her Clan, saving apprentices from foxes, being a loyal warrior, and sacrificing her life to save Ivypool. Mudclaw thought he was the rightful leader and maybe Onewhisker was lying (which I might think, frankly, seeing as the only witnesses to Tallstar’s miraculous change of mind about deputy were Onewhisker’s friends (except for Barkface)). Rainflower fully deserves to be in the Dark Forest, I’m with you there. 😛 Nightstar and Crookedstar were being greedy in that regard, but their Clans were also starving and they were desperate.

Clawfaec still murdered a cat, and continued to follow Brokenstar as a rogue (the difference with Beenose is we never see her kill any cat). Again, we don’t know the full extent of what Blizzardwing and Tangleburr did. We barely see them on the page – they could have killed cats that we don’t know about. Same with Brightflower after YS ended. Thistleclaw /appears/ to be very kind and friendly, but I’m sure that’s how Tigerclaw appeared to any ThudnerClan cat who wasn’t Fireheart or Ravenpaw before the truth came out. We’ve already seen his true nature in BP, when he sat back and let his apprentice nearly murder a kit, and then actually got angry at Blufur for stopping him, and then went on a rant about how ThunderClan’s borders need to be marked with the blood of their enemies. Just because one cat thinks he’s nice doesn’t mean he actually is. 😛

They did, and I think in Ashfur’s case that’s nonsense, he deserves to pay for what he did. 😛

We don’t /know/ that for sure. We don’t know /what/ they did to be thrown in the Dark Forest. These are such minor characters that we’re only seeing a fraction of their lives on the page – there’s so much that could have happened that we didn’t read about that could have led to them going to the Dark Forest.

BlogTeam Administrator

• Shadow of Shiny GREEN IPhone With a Clover Phonecase (Shadowpaw)
                March 30, 2017 at 12:51 am

Yeah… but then you have the question of whether or not the DF Cats would have made up for their crimes if they’d had more time to live. Boulder and Russetfur and Blackstar followed Brokenstar and Tigerstar as well but after Brokenstar and Tigerstar’s deaths they were able to change and become better cats, make up for the bad things they did. Bluestar, Hollyleaf, etc. we’re able to make it up as well… so would cats go to the DF because they weren’t able to change their mindset before they died? Really, it just makes me incredibly sad to see these innocent cats turn evil and be sent to the DF.
                But Rainflower and Ashfur should’ve gone to the DF when they died, they probably won some pity vote in StarClan…

• Jayfrost
                  March 30, 2017 at 6:05 am

Yeah, maybe they would have, but they didn’t. They have to be judged for what they did do in life, not what they could have done had time passed. That’s like saying Tigerstar should have gone to StarClan because he /might/ have turned good later.

We don’t know whether these cats were really innocent or not. And I can’t blame the authors for wanting to place more side cats in the DF, since we only ever saw a handful of them, and yet there’s apparently so many of them that they outnumber not only all four Clans, but StarClan as well.

BlogTeam Administrator

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
                  April 8, 2017 at 4:25 pm

I think Ashfur should go to Starclan because both of his parents died when he was an apprentice, his brothers died as a kit, and his sister had a mate which meant Ashfur didn’t really have kin to talk to. However when Brindleface died, Fireheart/star told Ashfur and Ferncloud they would get revenge for Brindleface. Then in Darkest Hour, Ashfur is one of the apprentices that killed Bone after Bone killed Whitestorm, so Ashfur probably went a bit Bluestar at the end of his life. It might be a theory, but it’s likely!

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
                April 8, 2017 at 4:28 pm

Goosefeather doesn’t really deserve the Dark Forest though. It wasn’t his fault he got the omen telling Thunderclan to destroy Windclan’s herbs. As for Beenose, she definitely doesn’t deserve the Dark Forest, but I don’t think she should be in Starclan either (She didn’t believe in Starclan).

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
                April 8, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Why would Goosefeather be in the Dark Forest? I know people don’t like him because he caused a lot of deaths from interpreting prophecies wrong but didn’t he at least try his best to help his Clan? Or did he do something really horrible that I don’t know about because I haven’t read a lot of the books yet? And I heard somewhere that he’s in StarClan AND the Dark Forest, sort of like Feathertail is in The Tribe of Endless Hunting and StarClan.

But in Crookedstar’s Promise Goosefeather told Mapleshade something really sweet! I can’t exactly remember what it was but I think it was something about being more loving instead of hateful. I just don’t think a cat like this deserves to be in the Dark Forest… Did I miss something? And if he started a battle between WindClan and ThunderClan… Then that actually sounds a lot like Ivypool in OOTS when she told Firestar that ShadowClan was going to attack them if they didn’t attack first, starting a pointless battle between ThunderClan and ShadowClan… Did Goosefeather just interpret a prophecy wrong or something? But was he a really evil cat? I’m confused…

• Icy Flowers Among Green Clovers (Icy)
        March 29, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Do you mean. . .

This Gerald?! 😛

(I know that’s not what you mean, I just love Gerald and couldn’t pass up the chance 😛 )

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
          April 8, 2017 at 12:08 am

Nah, that Gerard isn’t evil!

10. Sundance
    March 28, 2017 at 6:55 pm

“I started out being super-excited to write about Spottedleaf, and less eager for Pinestar because I felt that I didn’t have such a strong grip on his character. As it turned out, Spottedleaf’s story was far more evasive and difficult to pitch the way I wanted, while Pinestar leaped off the page and told his own tale, full of passion and heartache and divided loyalties.”
    Comment Vicky made on her Facebook page!!! 😀

• Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
      March 30, 2017 at 1:08 pm

IK I SAW IT TOO!

11. Daisypaw
    April 5, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Is anyone else bugged by how pink Pinestar looks on this cover? 😛

• Tornadotail
      April 5, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I am lol

• April 6, 2017 at 10:05 pm

I didn’t notice he looked pink until you said he was pink 😛

geese ftw

12. Mint Frost
    April 6, 2017 at 4:59 am

I am going stir crazy trying to find a preview of Pinestar’s Choice and Thunderstar’s Echo. I am really happy with how Spottedleaf’s Heart is starting. Who would have guessed she looked up to Thistleclaw of all cats? Sorry, major spoiler alert. I cannot wait to get my hands on this book with all 3 stories. Reading the preview of Spottedleaf just brought back why I loved the original ThunderClan cats in the first place.

13. Conenose
    April 6, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Hi! I have some suggestions for Sparkpelt and Alderheart’s siblings’ appearances. Hope you take notice of them and consider them. 😊

Dandelionkit – long-furred silver-white she-cat with blue eyes
    Juniperkit – dark brown tabby tom with amber eyes

I think Dandelionkit should have this appearance, because then she looks like a fluffy little dandelion. And I think Juniperkit should look like his father, because Alderheart and Sparkpelt both look like someone from Squirrelflight’s kin and it’s just fair.

All the best, Conenose